Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is it ok to use baby oil as a lube???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cuteazabutton
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Is it ok to use baby oil as a lube???Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Just recently used baby oil as a lube because of my narrowness because it was very uncomfortable for the man. Paying $1 for the baby oil instead of a few more extra dollars for KY Jelly seemed to be a good way to go. LOL It worked fine but just wondered if its not a good thing to use.
 grapevine
Msg: 2
Is it ok to use baby oil as a lube???
Posted: 8/7/2008 12:49:18 PM
Prolly, but car'll run much better on 10W-30.
 NERO1
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/7/2008 12:49:39 PM
Anything that is not water-based can cause a condom to break, basically.
 cuteazabutton
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 12:52:09 PM

Anything that is not water-based can cause a condom to break, basically.

Water based meaning what exactly though ?
 Navigator6
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 12:52:53 PM
It's fine if there's not a condom involved. Baby oil reacts with latex condoms and will cause them to break down - not a good thing. Same with petroleum jelly. If you're using condoms, use ky or some other water-based lubricant.
 grapevine
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/7/2008 12:58:32 PM
Or glycerin-based. KY Jelly and stuff like that.
 goodlistener711
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/7/2008 12:59:46 PM
Or as a laxitive if your doing anal(same with hand/body lotion)

Never a good thing when your in that moment.
 cuteazabutton
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:10:07 PM

why waste any money on lube at all, just get a handful of fat from the deep fat fryer (once it's cold of course!) works a treat.

OMG u cant be serious to use deep fryer oil, i dont want to smell like the fish that i cooked the nite before in it, i'll spend the extra money on either the baby oil or other stuff. Never heard of using deep fryer oil thats crazy!!!!!
 northyork_bboy
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:14:36 PM
Anything oil-based I'd stay away from....
 hound9164
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:18:21 PM
Total agreement with avoiding oil-based stuff. I prefer climax brand lube myself. Hell, it is worth it enough that i have to order it online because no store around here carries it...
 xdamianax
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:20:31 PM
Spring the extra couple of bucks and get the KY... If money is that big of an issue, try the local dollar store. You can get the off brand stuff for a buck... and then no worries about compromising the material in the condom. Always side with safety!
 PosterX
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:24:41 PM
Actually... the only thing you really need is a little spit... sorry.. might not sound to nice.. but when you are in the moment.. and I am eating you out.. I really don't think you are NOT going to be all juicy. BUT.. if for some reason you are... spit works wonders.

A little tip for the men out there.. let a little spit dribble out of your mouth and drop on her clit.. then let it run down and around between the lips.. then lick from the bottom up... keep doing that.. I can almost guarantee you she will be wet.. and I don't mean just from the spit.. :! D
 cuteazabutton
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:26:12 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions but if im not using a condom with this particular person and i want to use the baby oil, is it still not a good thing to use ? Im not afraid that this man is promiscuous and has any type of std and we've been together sexually a few times but we only tried the baby oil that one time because he was getting irritated by me because i was very narrow.
 jazz and bourbon
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:30:19 PM
The majority of your body oils that are NOT made for sex are mineral/petroleum based and will basically eat thru a latex condom. Spend the small amount of extra money and get KY or AstroGlide or some type of proper personal lubricant. Safer to use overall since they are designed for that purpose, and they work better too.
 cuteazabutton
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:35:48 PM
The only reason i havent tried the KY Jelly is because im afraid it might irritate me inside. Can that happen to someone or is it 100% safe to use ? I dont have a problem getting wet when it comes to the foreplay but for some reason i dry up fast inside so then its not comfortable for me or the guy to penetrate me.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:40:15 PM
Here's what I found online..

Although petroleum jelly (e.g. Vaseline) is inexpensive and readily available, it can often be difficult to clean off the body after sexual activity, due to the fact that it is not water soluble and coats the skin. Clear, bottled mineral oil (commonly used as an oral laxative), or baby oil, is a less viscous alternative to petroleum jelly and is easier to wash off the skin. These are still synthetic petroleum based products and can cause skin irritation.

taken from - http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/Personal_lubricant

I wouldn't use it myself... spend the extra few dollars on getting something that is specifically designed for use as a sexual lubricant. Might be risking a yeast infection among other things.
 deerdog1
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:40:46 PM
baby oil is great for when you want to get it all over you and really slip and slide and i have heard of no problems caused by baby oil except for the condom thing and its harder to clean up ...the sheets will need to be washed ...where ky and others just dry up ...but if you really want to slide take the sheets off put some visqueen on the bed and use the whole bottle of babby oil ...what do you think a Wesson oil party is?.......but like another poster said the generic Ky is real cheep and the same stuff walmart has Equate brand cheep and same thing as a mater of fact I cant see why anyone uses name brand stuff like that it comes from the same place
 jazz and bourbon
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:42:59 PM
KY (and all other "personal lubricants") is expressly formulated to be safe INSIDE you. After all, that is where personal lubricants end up. Baby Oil is NOT expressly formulated for internal use. Don't take what I'm about to say as an attack or insult...it is not meant to be...

Your using axle grease in your cake pan and asking us if Crisco might work better...Yes, Crisco is better!

Get some KY....

(btw...many bottles of baby oil say on them "Not for internal use")
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 1:48:54 PM
~OP~ You may have saved a tiny bit of $$$ but as stated above ^^ there is a reason KY stays in production. There are other kinds you buy that are not "brand name" so to speak.
 oscarz05
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 2:05:17 PM
yeah anything but KY style stuff can be a problem with UTIs, rash, etc. and KY is hypo allegenic which is a plus. some lube, particularly massage oils, can cause allergic reactions and if there is one place you don't want an allergic reaction, its there.
 Helen Waite
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/7/2008 2:11:28 PM
Baby oil can harbor nasty bugs and let them grow. Don't be surprised if you get an infection of some sort. You coochie isn't a place to be cheaping out.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/7/2008 2:12:36 PM
How about yesterday's bacon grease? It sure does add an interesting flavor.
 ~Beave~
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/7/2008 2:19:01 PM
I don't think baby oil is a good choice but can't see it causing any major problems, since you're not using condoms. It doesn't wash away easily so I have to wonder if it will effect the ph balance in your vagina. Personally how my vagina tastes and smell is pretty important to me so I'd spend a little extra to keep it healthy.
 AKA Jazzer
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 2:23:32 PM
NO!!! Many of the posters had it right it will harbor bacteria which will take you out of commission for a bit. Not to mention uncomfortable. The latex condom is also an issue. Wouldn't want that rain coat to break down and end the fun before the big finish. Word to the wise, it will break down latex toys too; if you are so inclined. I must have read that somewhere.

Buy cheaper pantie hose or shampoo but don't skimp on expenses in this area!!
 laughinglibra
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/7/2008 2:28:48 PM
It's worth the investment to get a proper lube..... for health reasons as well as sensation reasons. I love the ones that make you feel tingly or warm!! Mmmm mmm mmm!!

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is it ok to use baby oil as a lube???