Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Nfl record predictions for all teams      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 marknbaltimore
Msg: 1
Nfl record predictions for all teamsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Well the time is here, football baby. Now we all know espn will rank there teams in each division and give there prediction on what there record will be, well i thought it would be cool to see what everyone thinks and predicts for the upcoming season and why.

AFC NORTH
1.Pittsburgh Steelers//11-5, good offense, good defense, baring injury best team in division
2. Cleveland Browns//10-6, will see how derek anderson does in second year of starting, jamal should have decent season again behind good o-line
3. Baltimore Ravens//6-10, to many ?'s at qb and offense overall, defense should be decent enough to get 6 wins on the season.
4. Cincinnitti Browns//4-12, still a horrible defense, marvin lewis has no control of team along with misfit wr chad johnson causing havoc all year long in the locker room.

AFC SOUTH
1.Indy Colts//12-4. there the colts what more can i say, as long as manning is healthy, there in for another good year.
2.Jacksonville Jaguars//11-5, should be a threat all year, good defense, decent qb that doesnt make mistakes and good running game.
3.Houston Texans//9-7, well there getting better but still in a very tough divison, will see
4.Tenn. Titans//9-7, should challenge texans for the #3 spot all year, good running game, will see how vince young progresses.

AFC EAST
1. New England Patriots//14-2, well i dont think they will go undefeated again but there the still the patriots, i expect at least 14 wins. brady and belickick(?) what more can i say.
2. New York Jets//10-6. with the additions in the offseason especially farve, should be much improved team contending for wildcard.
3. Buffalo Bills//8-8, getting better as a team but still a ways off, 8-8 is best case scenario.
4. Miami Dolphins//3-13. only one way to go right? up? at least thats what i think, should be contending for number 1 pick once again.

AFC West
1. San Diego Chargers//12-4, should contend with colts for #2 seed in afc, overall just a very good team. i question the coaching though.
2. Denver Broncos//10-6, will see how this team grows, losing marshall for 3 games wont help
3.Oakland Raiders//7-9, russell should improve, very good draft, there finally heading in the right direction.
4.Kansas City Cheifs//6-10, again heading in the right direction but to many ?'s at alot of positions.

NFC East
1.Dallas Cowboys//13-3, to much talent on this team not to win division, as long as they keep the head cases in order, should contend for home field advantage.
2.Phildelphia Eagles//10-6, if number 5 stays healthy and westbrook does what he does, should be very good team.
3. New York Giants//10-6, may be superbowl champs but still 3rd best team in division, shouldcontend for wild card spot.
4. Washington Redskins//9-7 new head coach, lets see how campbell progresses and we can g from there.

NFC South
1. New Orleans Saints//11-5, good team in bad divison
2. Tampa Bay Bucs// 9-7, decent team in bad division
3.Carolina Panthers//6-10, injuries will be concern
4. Atlanta Falcons// 3-13, should contend with miami for #1 pick

NFC WEST
1. Seattle Seahawks//10-6 again decent team in bad divison
2. St louis Rams// 8-8, not sold on the defense or wrs besides holt
3. Arizona Cardinals//7-9, will get better but not by much
4. San Fran 49ers//5-11, just a bad team

NFC North
1. Minnesota Vikings//11-5, best team in division with farve gone.
2. Green Bay Packers//9-7, my feeling is rogers will struggle
3. Detroit Lions//8-8 stay tuned
4.Chicago Bears//7-9, rex grossman will start, need i say more?
 JWork25
Msg: 2
Nfl record predictions for all teams
Posted: 8/8/2008 10:26:12 AM
Jets - 12-4

Packers - 4-12

Good riddance.
 asheel_heel
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/8/2008 10:49:27 AM
After a sixteen year career as John Madden's personal deity / ESPN's cover boy and the complete immersion in coverage of his comeback that's occurred over the past month, I suspect even illiterate Chinese farmers know it's spelled FAVRE.

On topic,
All 32 teams finish 8-8, Super Bowl champion crowned by single elimination coin flip tourney, held at the Ramada Inn down the street from Lambeau Field. Packers win first ever home field SuperBowl title , winning 5 straight flips in this order:
heads, heads,tails, heads, tails

I know it's a long shot but if I can get a proposition bet at 100,000,000,000:1 in Las Vegas, I'll lay a twenty.
 slysterling
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/8/2008 10:57:22 AM
Those can't be espn's rankings. Based on those rankings, the league winds up with a won loss record of 278-234. At the end of the regular season (barring any OT ties) when you add up everyone's wins and losses they should add up to 256-256
 marknbaltimore
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/8/2008 11:00:41 AM
there my predictions off the top of my head
 slysterling
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/8/2008 11:25:52 AM
Apart from the won loss record, I like a lot of your picks. Me i think the NFC West might shake out a bit differently than you have. I'm picking the seahawks to stumble with Holmgren in his last year there as coach. I'm picking the Niners as a dark horse there.

I think jacksonville may end up where you have them, but I think they could drop a few more games than last year and come back to the pack a bit, and the AFC south will be tighter with the Colts winning it at the end and the other three clubs being close to a dead heat.

I'm picking the middle of the pack teams in the AFC to be tighter and to include a few more candidates. Ravens new coach seems to have the defence on the same page with him despite a spartan like training camp. Age could definitely become a factor with that defence. Especially if they have to stay out on the field for extended periods of time due to an anemic offence. Bills, I thought, might seriously contend for a wild card, but the Jets just got better some more adding favre so maybe the Bills will be on the outside looking in again this year.

Chargers I think are going to continue with the injury woes that showed up late last season, but should still take the west with something closer to 10-6.
 FancyJo
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/8/2008 11:48:27 AM
Here's my opinion in each of the divisions.

Steelers
Colts
Patriots
Broncos - may be a long shot, but they're my 2nd favorite team!
Cowboys - I get to see them play in 8 days! (even if it is just preseason...)
Buccaneers
Rams
Packers - sad to see Favre go, but I'm not giving up on them (and I despise the Vikings because that's all anyone around here can cheer for)

Let the games begin! Oh wait, they did last night...
 DoobieBro
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/8/2008 4:18:45 PM
Aren't there two or three of these threads already?

Patsies
Colts
Steelers
Chargers...All the favorites that everyone is picking.How boring!
WC; shake it up?...J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets and Browns...
AFC Champs: STEELERS!!!

Giants
Bucs
Minny
Seatt
WC; N.O and Wash...No Cowgirls!!!
NFC Champs: GIANTS

Super Bowl Champions 2008-09, once again...The NEW YORK GIANTS!!!
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/8/2008 4:32:27 PM
Now this man ^^^^^^^ knows what he is talking about!
 NBAKings1
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/8/2008 6:08:48 PM
Not sure if the Broncos can win the division, but they are my favorite team, so let's hope so.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/8/2008 6:27:07 PM
NFC EAST W L
Dallas Cowboys 12 4
Philadelphia Eagles 10 6
New York Giants 9 7
Washington Redskins 5 11

NFC WEST W L
Seattle Seahawks 10 6
St. Louis Rams 9 7
Arizona Cardinals 7 9
San Francisco 49ners 4 12

NFC NORTH W L
Green Bay Packers 10 6
Minnesota Vikings 10 6
Chicago Bears 8 8
Detriot Lions 4 12

NFC SOUTH W L
New Orleans Saints 12 4
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10 6
Carolina Panthers 8 8
Atlanta Falcons 3 13

New England Patriots 14 2
Buffalo Bills 9 7
New York Jets 8 8
Miami Dolphins 4 12

AFC WEST W L
San Diego Chargers 11 5
Oakland Raiders 9 7
Kansas City Chiefs 9 7
Denver Broncos 6 10

AFC NORTH W L
Pittsburg Steeler 10 6
Cleveland Browns 10 6
Cincinnati Bengals 5 11
Baltimore Ravens 3 13

AFC SOUTH W L
Indianapolis Colts 12 4
Houston Texans 10 6
Jacksonville Jaguars 9 7
Tennesse Titans 5 11

Dallas Cowboys
New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks
Philadelphia Eagles
Minnesota Vikings
St. Louis Rams

New England Patroits
Indianapolis Colts
San Diego Chargers
Pittsburg Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Houston Texans

AFC New England Patriots
NFC New Orleans Saints

SuperBowl Champs New England Patriots
 musicfan1980
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/9/2008 5:11:12 AM
Here we go....

AFC North

1. Browns (I know their D is still a big question mark but this offense is explosive enough to win the division, esp if Derek Anderson doesn't tail off like he did near the end of '07).

2. Steelers (Will contend for division title, but need a healthy Willie Parker to do so.)

3. Bengals (Won't be as explosive offensively without Chris Henry & D will still have major problems stopping the run.)

4. Ravens (Unproven offense, new coach & aging defense adds up to a long & frustrating season in Baltimore.)

AFC South

1. Colts (Still the favorite as long as Peyton is healthy....Mike Hart will not disappoint if given a chance to spell Joseph Addai.)

2. Jaguars (Never can figure this team out...they have a QB who doesn't turn the ball over much, a power running game & great D...but always seems to suffer huge injuries every yr on the defensive side of the ball.)

3. Titans (Can Jevon Kearse finish what he started in Tennessee? Alge Crumpler should be a fave target for Vince Young in the red zone.)

4. Texans (Seems to be improving each season, still need a consistent run offense but Mario Williams is finally turning into a dominant Pro-Bowl type pass rusher.)

AFC East

1. Patriots (Not sure if another 16-0 season is in the works, but Tom Brady has all his receiving weapons back with the exception of Donte Stallworth, who signed w/the Browns. Several key newcomers in secondary will be interesting to watch.)

2. Jets (Obviously the addition of Favre instantly makes them wild card contenders, but run defense needs to improve.)

3. Bills (This team improved last season after the QB switch from Losman to Edwards, but pass defense needs to improve.)

4. Dolphins (Took big losses with both Jason Taylor/Zach Thomas leaving town & lot of questions about Chad Pennington's arm strength. Bill Parcells' 1st season in South Florida will be an ugly one.)

AFC West

1. Chargers (Is hoping that a healthy big 3 of Rivers/Tomlinson/Gates plus full season out of Chris Chambers will land them homefield advantage thru AFC Playoffs. Antonio Cromartie quickly emerging as one of the NFL's best cornerbacks.)

2. Broncos (Early 3-gm suspension for Brandon Marshall will hurt, but Selvin Young will be latest Bronco to rush for 1,000 yd season under Mike Shanahan.)

3. Raiders (Youth movement takes over as JaMarcus Russell & Darren McFadden figure to see lots of playing time on offense. Already good secondary receives big boost with addition of DeAngelo Hall, but run defense remains a big concern.)

4. Chiefs (Questionable defense plus shaky O-line will lead to losing season, but Larry Johnson & Tony Gonzalez still have enough talent offensively to help put points on the board.)

NFC North

1. Packers (Still have enough talent even without Favre to win, Ryan Grant should florish in 1st full starting season but cornerbacks are starting to age with Al Harris/Charles Woodson.

2. Vikings (Tavaris Jackson's development will be key story to watch as team already has excellent run offense with Adrian Peterson/Chester Taylor & great defense, Jared Allen will emerge as a big off-season pickup from the Chiefs.)

3. Lions (Will offense be more balanced now that Mike Martz is out as offensive coordinator? Defense needs to improve against the pass.)

4. Bears (Strong defense assuming that Mike Brown/Nate Vasher are healthy, but offense with a lot of question marks points to losing season in the Windy City.)

NFC South

1. Saints (Offense should be more dangerous with addition of Jeremy Shockey, but Deuce McAllister will need bounceback season to take pressure off Reggie Bush & Aaron Stecker. Secondary needs to improve in order to become elite Super Bowl contender.)

2. Bucs (Defense isn't as good as it was earlier this decade, but wily veterans Garcia & Galloway will continue to get it done & have Tampa Bay looking to nail a Wild Card spot.)

3. Panthers (Don't think pass rush will be as strong with loss of Kris Jenkins. Steve Smith looking to have bounceback '08 season after his 2-game suspension is up & hoping to have a healthy Jake Delhomme with him, as Carolina started 3 different QB's last season.)

4. Falcons (Definitely in re-building mode, but Matt Ryan should have Atlanta fans excited for the future.)

NFC East

1. Cowboys (Anything less than a Super Bowl berth would be considered a BIGTIME failure for a team that's loaded with talent. Marion Barber takes over in 1st full-time season as starter at running back while Patrick Crayton moves into #2 role at wideout. DeMarcus Ware continues to emerge as 1 of best young linebackers in football.)

2. Giants (Pass rush could be decimated with retirement of Michael Strahan & Plaxico Burress' ankle issues is a concern, but the defending champs should be in the mix to return to the playoffs.)

3. Eagles (Brian Westbrook remains as one of most underrated backs in football. Asante Samuel should have good season in secondary, but Lito Sheppard's trade demands could become an issue. This team should be competitive assuming that Donovan McNabb is healthy.)

4. Redskins (Secondary will be a question mark, but offense can put up points assuming that Jason Campbell is healthy.)

NFC West

1. Seahawks (Even with loss of Shaun Alexander, this team has enough talent to win division in Holmgren's final year. Patrick Kearney should have another monster season but can the run offense take pressure off Matt Hasselbeck's arm?)

2. Cardinals (Is Matt Leinart healthy & ready to take this team to the playoffs? Actually think that Arizona can contend for a wildcard spot.)

3. Rams (Offense should be explosive providing that Marc Bulger & Orlando Pace are both healthy. Defense is still a huge question mark, but look for Torry Holt to go nuts in '08 with the return of new off. coordinator Al Saunders, who was the Rams' receivers coach in Holt's first 2 pro NFL seasons.)

4. 49ers (Too many question marks on both sides of ball to become contending team, but Patrick Willis quickly emerging into Pro-Bowl calibur linebacker.)

AFC Division Winners: Pats, Chargers, Browns & Colts
Wild Card: Jaguars & Steelers

NFC Division Winners: Cowboys, Seahawks, Packers & Saints
Wild Card: Giants & Vikings

Super Bowl: Cowboys/Chargers with Dallas winning their 6th Super Bowl!
 DoobieBro
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/9/2008 1:44:58 PM
mf80, you appear to have the most in depth, right on assessments and knowledge out of anyone I've seen on the football threads (don't let it get to your head)
Just two things. Chambers was practically non-existent for the Chargers last year, as to most of the time appearing to be lost.He need's to get the playbook memorized in order for him to produce. (And, Gates is injured right now)
Also, Shockey CAN'T help any offense. He's more of hindurance than an asset. He's still at the same mental level that Winslow was, but he adjusted to society.
 new york kid
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/9/2008 7:04:56 PM
AFC East
Patriots 12 -4
Jets 8-8
Dolphins 6-10
Bills 5-11

AFC North
Ravens 10-6
Steelers 6-10
Browns 5-11
Bengals 4-12

AFC South
Colts 13-3
Jaguars 11-5
Texans 10-6
Titans 8-8

AFC West
Chargers 12-4
Broncos 9-7
Chiefs 4-12
Raiders 3-13

NFC East
Eagles 12-4
Giants 9-7
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 7-9

NFC North
Packers 11-5
Vikings 10-6
Bears 7-9
Lions 2-14

NFC South
Panthers 13-3
Buccaneers 11-5
Saints 9-7
Falcons 4-12

NFC West
Seahawks 11-5
Cardinals 9-7
Rams 4-12
49ers 3-13

Chargers over Panthers in the Superbowl
 vogue.
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/11/2008 11:13:42 PM
Here are my predictions :

AFC EAST
New England 13 -3
New York Jets 10 - 6
Buffalo 7 -9
Miami 4 - 12

AFC WEST
San Diego 11-5
Oakland 8-8
Denver 7-9
Kansas City 3 - 13

AFC SOUTH
Jacksonville 11-5
Indianopolis 10-6
Tennessee 8-8
Houston 5-11

AFC NORTH
Pittsburgh 10-6
Cleveland 8-8
Cinncinati 6-10
Baltimore 4-12

NFC EAST
Dallas 13-3
Washington 10-6
Phildelphia 9-7
New York Giants 7-9

NFC WEST
Seattle 10-6
St louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10
San Francisco 3-13

NFC SOUTH
New Orleans 11-5
Carolina 9-7
Tampa Bay 6-10
Atlanta 5-11

NFC NORTH
Minnesota 10-6
Green Bay - 8-8
Chicago 8-8
Detriot 2-14

My SuperBowl Prediction is Chargers will win over New Orleans
 DoobieBro
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/11/2008 11:27:50 PM
[The average record posted on here for the Jets and the Giants are 9-7. Plus,a few other second place finishes posted for both teams.] vogue, the Jets with a better record than the Giants?That's pretty bold.Where's the love? You think one guy will make that much of a difference for the second worst team in football last year? He's good for eight more wins alone? Do you realize, besides the fact that he'll be sitting in a retirement home by midseason, he also doesn't play D. Well, if it's any indication from him fumbling the FIRST snap from C, then the "Jets" are along for a "bumpy ride" and some "turbulance" ahead of them this year.
A bag of peanuts ain't even free no mo!

Giants~11-5
Jets~8-8
Others;
NE~11-5
Indy~12-4
GB~8-8
Pitts.~13-3
NO~11-5
Dall~10-6
TB~11-5
Minn~10-6
Cleve~12-4
SD~12-4
Dull-fans~2-14
Bills~10-6
Atl~4-12
Phil~9-7...etc,...etc,...to be cont'd...
Half now/Half later
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2008 9:29:29 AM
Watch out everyone! All I can say is the Miami Dolphins are going to surprise alot of people in the upcoming season. Any bets? Remember this post. I guarantee more than 10 ten wins for the Dolphins in the upcoming season. Just wait,you'll see.
However,I do feel that the Indianapolis Colts will be the best in the NFL and bounce back to the Super Bowl against either the New Orleans Saints or the Seattle Seahawks. New England(unfortunately),Cleveland,San Diego,and Denver will be the other top teams in the AFC. While in the NFC,Dallas and Minnesota will be the other teams to beat. Surprises,besides the Dolphins, will also be the Houston Texans and the Detroit Lions. Yes! I said the Detroit Lions. Disappointments will be Brett Favre and the New York Jets,and the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants.
 MrT.
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/18/2008 10:44:59 AM
Whatever you're smoking...I DON'T want any!!! I "bet" you are basing this solely on one meaningless, useless pre-season game against a shit Jax team.
I GUARANTEE that if the Dull-Fans lose their next pre-season game(or 2)that you would definately change your tune.
And, what praytel are you basing this ludicrous prediction on? Chad Pennington? Chad Henne? Ronnie Brown{oft injured}? Ricky Williams{oft stoned}?
Now,I get it!...YOU PARTY WITH RICKY!!!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/18/2008 11:03:15 AM

All I can say is the Miami Dolphins are going to surprise alot of people in the upcoming season. Any bets? Remember this post. I guarantee more than 10 ten wins for the Dolphins in the upcoming season.

I can only say Miami has gotten better adding Pennington. However, 10 wins? Mr. T you're right....This guy has gone to too many Grateful Dead concerts.

New England(unfortunately)

So much hatred....
 the_write_stuff
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/18/2008 1:12:06 PM
Don't sleep on my Redskins!!

AFC East:

Patriots
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

AFC North:
Steelers
Browns
Bengals
Ravens

AFC South:
Colts
Texans
Jaguars
Titans

AFC West:
Chargers
Raiders
Broncos
Chiefs

NFC East:
Redskins
Cowboys
Giants
Eagles

NFC North:
Minnesota
Detroit
Green Bay
Chicago

NFC South:
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Carolina
Atlanta

NFC West
Cardinals
Seahawks
Rams
49ers

AFC Playoff teams:
Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Chargers, Browns, Jets or Bengals

NFC Playoff Teams:
Redskins, Vikings, Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys, Tampa Bay

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
 Mr. Raitano
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2008 3:47:21 PM
I think the Browns will do better than that, they got a better defense during the off season, the talent is there. Aren't as bad as you make them out to be. And the Rams, eh....still no defense and qb is questionable. Only have Holt and Jackson and that's it.
 musicfan1980
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/19/2008 4:00:15 AM

Watch out everyone! All I can say is the Miami Dolphins are going to surprise alot of people in the upcoming season. Any bets? Remember this post. I guarantee more than 10 ten wins for the Dolphins in the upcoming season. Just wait,you'll see.

Dan Marino ain't walkin 'thru that door.....
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2008 5:51:34 AM
Watch and see. Save this thread and remember. Hey,what is wrong with the Grateful Dead. They are awesome. Too bad that I never was at one of their concerts. I am sure it was damn awesome.
Anything can happen in sports. Nobody is an expert at predicting outcomes in a season. Heck! How many of you predicted at the start of this baseball season,that the Tampa Bay Rays would be first this late in the season. You just never know.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/19/2008 6:06:47 AM

Hey,what is wrong with the Grateful Dead. They are awesome. Too bad that I never was at one of their concerts. I am sure it was damn awesome.

I rest my case....

Anything can happen in sports. Nobody is an expert at predicting outcomes in a season. Heck! How many of you predicted at the start of this baseball season,that the Tampa Bay Rays would be first this late in the season. You just never know.

You're right....Anything could happen. Like I said, adding Pennington made them better, but enough to win 10 games. Maybe next season....
 musicfan1980
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/21/2008 2:07:01 AM

Watch and see. Save this thread and remember. Hey,what is wrong with the Grateful Dead. They are awesome. Too bad that I never was at one of their concerts. I am sure it was damn awesome.

I don't see Miami surprising anybody. They are unproven at QB with a combination of John Henne/John Beck, there's suddenly rumors about Ronnie Brown possibly being traded & they don't have a lot of talent at the WR/TE positions.

Other than Joey Porter, i can't name a single player off Miami's defense....they lost 2 all-time greats in Jason Taylor & Zach Thomas this off-season, who will be VERY hard to replace.

Plus you're in a division where 25% of your schedule is against Brady & Favre.........faaaaaaaaaaaaaahget about it!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Nfl record predictions for all teams