Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > His girlfriend sent me a message      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Orzula
Msg: 1
His girlfriend sent me a messagePage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
This has probably happened to loads of people but this is a first for me. I've been emailing with a pof member for a couple of weeks now. A few days ago we began to think about meeting up for a coffee and he sent me his mobile number.

This morning I found a message from his girlfriend of 17 years warning me that he is a serial womaniser. She gave me her phone number and I called her. We had quite a long chat and she said he's done this before and wonders why she stays with him. She sounded quite nice so I was polite and said I would have got rid of him years ago. Anyway, we got disconnected (or she hung up) when I mentioned that we were talking about meeting.

The strange thing is, she sent me her message using his pof profile! He's bound to read it, I think he's well and truly in the dog house...or is he?

Anyone else find this behaviour a bit strange, I would have gone absolutely mental and finished with him there and then.
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 2
His girlfriend sent me a message
Posted: 8/9/2008 11:50:36 AM
a lot of strange crap goes on here, but not surprising.
 mogrl42
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 11:58:10 AM
Hmm,I guess she was trying to convince you what a bad guy he is.Makes me wonder why shes with him .Go meet him,what do you have to lose ?
I got an e-mail a few years ago from a long time guy friends girlfriend begging me to not contact him again.I haven`t untill he contacted me again.She`s long gone now and we are still friends.
 __M_I_A__
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/9/2008 12:00:39 PM
It sounds like either hes trouble, shes crazy, or both. Not going to end up a good situation for you either way. Go meet him, what do you have to lose? Just dont get attached, cuz hes obviously playin some kind of games.
 RobD1986
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/9/2008 12:03:23 PM
Not if she was clever enough to delete the incoming and sent messages
 circe 1
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/9/2008 12:03:55 PM
She is doing you a favour. Do NOT meet with him ever. Send his info to the Jerry Springer show....and RUN!
 packagedealx3
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 12:07:43 PM
Whether she is legitimately warning you off the guy and is stupid for staying with him or a stalker that tries to keep people away from someone that won't have him, he is not someone I would invite into my life because he is either a pig or exercises poor judgement.
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/9/2008 12:13:03 PM
Hmmmm.....seems to me that not everybody is perfect or excercises good judgement 100% of the time!
If we did, we wouldn't have so many negative life experiences to base our decisions upon.
 justlooooking
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/9/2008 12:23:34 PM
it amazes me that there are women saying to meet this drama filled guy.....what good could possibly come from that?....it could turn dangerous depending on HER sanity....red flag girlfriend run like hell!!!!!!
 FunChick123
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/9/2008 12:30:29 PM
Could be a crazy ex and the guy has the same password for everything... I agree with the others that this guy is not relationship material, but I'd at least tell him about your little phone call... he might be clueless!!!
 Orzula
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/9/2008 12:34:45 PM

Hmmmm.....seems to me that not everybody is perfect or excercises good judgement 100% of the time!.

So it would seem, thinking about it now, I should have realised something was wrong because he kept on about meeting on a Saturday morning and only on a Saturday morning....I know better next time.
 untamed one
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/9/2008 12:41:10 PM

we got disconnected (or she hung up) when I mentioned that we were talking about meeting.
That's she went into a trance , flicking the light on and off while playing Madame Butterfly . Crazy exes ? Never heard of such a thing ..
See the guy or let him know at least .. you've heard her side of it . Give him the same courtesy .
 seekingsum1
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 12:49:12 PM
Stay away from him. Way too much drama.
 Orzula
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/9/2008 12:53:15 PM

That's she went into a trance , flicking the light on and off while playing Madame Butterfly . Crazy exes ? Never heard of such a thing ...

You've got a point there....

See the guy or let him know at least .. you've heard her side of it . Give him the same courtesy .

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until he mails me, he usually mails me at least once a day. He might be totally innocent with a crazy ex, on the other hand, alarm bells are ringing rampant for me at the moment....
 circe 1
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/9/2008 1:04:38 PM
Why on earth would you give him the benefit of a doubt??? I wouldn't communicate with this guy again! Block him! He is a loser! Is that what you want?
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/9/2008 1:15:54 PM
FUNCHICK123: I guess that password thing is pretty common huh?
I have 2-3 variants of the same password. And I like that Firefox will save them for you. I still don't let it save critical info., like soc. sec. number or cc #s. But, if you are on various websites and chat forums, you gotta simplify somehow!
K.I.S.S.- keep it simple, stupid. lol.
 cupatea2010
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 1:18:31 PM
He tells her sweet nothings...he wll tell you sweet nothings..so that you know ahead of time that he is full of crap....
 patty1971
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 1:21:20 PM
I know of a guy on here right now who is married but apart from his wife who is my friend. He lies about having kids, they have 2 and he lies about his age. They been married for 20 years and about three years ago she caught him cheating for the second time and that was the last straw for her. He abused her for years, when they split he left her and the two kids with no money at all and they lost their home. She was a stay at home mom, and a good one. She is the best he'll ever have, she's in my book way to good for him. I did a google on him and found him here, I pm him and was playing like I wanted to get to know him. He told me some pretty bad stuff that I knew was lies and couldn't hold back any longer with him, so he knew who I was. I want to give out his user name so bad but his wife asked me not to. She just wants to wash her hands of him and move on. I want to warn others about him, he's so bad. This is the internet and we have to be very careful, we never know who we really are dealing with. I just wanted to let some of all know that there are some really sick people on here. Please be careful . Patty
 Carrie Bradshaw™
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 2:21:02 PM
I am scratching my head. If they have been together for 17 years and she is still with him and says all that bad stuff about him, why is she with him? I have the giggles now.

I have never had that happen to me, thankfully. But I guess you just need to move on because now you know he has a g/f.

OR she is a former g/f who had his password and used it to see what he was up to and emailed you. Unlikely since he would know it was not him logging in all those times and who would not change their password after gving it to a g/f and then breaking up.

~Carrie
 saggy ass and saggy tits
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/9/2008 2:28:03 PM
maybe it was a woman all along stringing you along
 Seas_the_Day
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/9/2008 2:36:21 PM
I would meet with him.. maybe he's trying to dump her because she is getting in his business. controlling and psycho.. you never know.. maybe he's a nice guy. I would meet with him and tell him what happened.. really I would.
 blondago56
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 2:37:37 PM
a few msg's. up ^^^'what do you have To Lose?' oh, i dunno, maybe your Life? i sure as heck wouldn't meet him after that phone conversation with her....be wise, op.
 Fight Naked
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/9/2008 2:47:49 PM
I have had two wive's give me a call and email. It happens... shake it off and move one. If he is in the dog house.... good. Don't worry about it and move on. Can you say cheater?
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/9/2008 2:49:53 PM
blondago56:
yeah, but a tree could fall thru the roof of your house and end your life too. Do you always live your life in a constant state of fear???
Life will end when it's time to end. So live it like today is your last and enjoy as much of it as you can!

OP: If you smell drama and want to avoid it.....then do.
If he's been really nice to you and you're curious to hear both sides of the story before making up your mind, that's fine too.
You've got a ton of different advise on here. Some good, some bad. Ultimately, the decision is yours though.
 Orzula
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/9/2008 2:55:29 PM

Why on earth would you give him the benefit of a doubt??? I wouldn't communicate with this guy again! Block him! He is a loser! Is that what you want? .

I agree entirely but I only have her word that they are actually together... I will let him try to wriggle out of it but I think he is a cheating liar and a loser but I'd still like to hear his side...and oh, no way am I going to meet up with him now. I'm glad he hasn't got my mobile number, I used my home phone and withheld my number when I rang his (supposed) g/f.

She did sound genuine and was really considerate towards me, saying that I couldn't have possibly known, it still doesn't answer the question....why is she still with him? She stated that he's done this before, thats why I'm a bit skeptical with the whole thing...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > His girlfriend sent me a message