Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Women Blocking Me      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DG1988
Msg: 1
Women Blocking MePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Ladies I have a question that hopefully you can ask. Why do you Block guys after first contact. I'm talking about guys that say " Hi, I like your profile would you care to chat sometime". Not guys that are rude and inconsiderate. I'm talking about nice guys like myself. I've been block by about half the women I've made first contact with for asking just that question. If your not interested wouldn't be more considerate to say No thanks your not my type or just delete the message. Why block the guy. I'm starting to feel like some kind of Parasite. You ladies say you like a guy who's honest. Well it's a two way street.

So what are your thoughts
 MizQ
Msg: 2
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 6:36:05 PM
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts10603998.aspx

Someone just started a thread on this. Might want to jump onto his. They probably won't let two stay up

Well I hope it stays up cause I want to know.

GO read the other thread started ten minutes before yours was! You are not alone, and will get the same advice.
 Ashumz87
Msg: 3
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 6:38:44 PM
U know, ive never blocked anyone. I didnt even know I could. but I have always messaged back. I feel rude if I dont, i guess im just that kind of person. I'll usually say "sorry your a little older than im looking for, thanks for the interest though!" or something along those lines.
 DG1988
Msg: 4
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 6:39:56 PM
Well I hope it stays up cause I want to know.
 DG1988
Msg: 5
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 6:42:55 PM
I can accept that. If I'm not what your looking for then just tell me, or delete the message. Now I can see why women Block guys If there rude or keep on harassing them. That's a given.
 canusatisfymoi
Msg: 6
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 7:25:14 PM
These people are heartless on the internet. I would even prefer read and delete or unread and delete rather than just blocking you.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 7
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 7:48:14 PM
If you have no reply you should not send more message. If you do not send more message why do it bother you if she block?

I do not block unless some one is rude, but I suppose it can prevent accident messages from person who forget I already read delete or unread delete.
 Falling Ember
Msg: 8
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 8:05:42 PM
You would only know she blocked you if you tried and contacted her again. It sounds like she took the path of least resistance and chose to avoid further contact from you. Just because you contact someone does not obligate them to respond.
 kthyg
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 8:30:01 PM
"Care to chat" tends to be code for "want to have cyber sex". This probably isn't what you are asking for, but a lot of women on here have run up against that little code so it's something we are leary of.
 DG1988
Msg: 10
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 8:41:26 PM
I can tell they block me cause the message I sent disappears from my sent bin.

I understand what you are saying but it's a lot less rude to read and delete the message than It is to block the person.
 DG1988
Msg: 11
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 8:43:01 PM
I don't send more messages. I'm blocked on the very first message. I can tell cause The message I sent disappears from my sent bin, and I didn't delete it.
 DG1988
Msg: 12
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 8:44:40 PM
How can " Care to chat" be mistaken as "Do you want to have Cyber sex".

What should I say instead of "Care To chat"
 Falling Ember
Msg: 13
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 8:52:38 PM

I don't send more messages. I'm blocked on the very first message. I can tell cause The message I sent disappears from my sent bin, and I didn't delete it.

Ah, I had no idea that occurred when messages are blocked. Sorry about the misunderstanding and thanks for the new information. :)
 hugs*n*hisses
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 9:01:19 PM

How can " Care to chat" be mistaken as "Do you want to have Cyber sex"
I'm not among them, but have read many posts where some women have had this happen to them once too often. Perhaps after a while they may just automatically become suspicious. (not saying that's right or wrong.)
What should I say instead of "Care To chat"
"I really enjoyed your profile, and see we have x, y and z in common. Perhaps you could take a moment to go over my profile and see if you feel the same. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely, DG"

HnH
 bikesnboats4ever
Msg: 15
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 9:03:14 PM
I just put at the end of my email that I'll be waiting to hear from them. Never been blocked yet but still don't always get replies.
 DG1988
Msg: 16
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 9:50:00 PM
That's Ok. No Problem
 DG1988
Msg: 17
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 9:52:41 PM
I'm not among them, but have read many posts where some women have had this happen to them once too often. Perhaps after a while they may just automatically become suspicious. (not saying that's right or wrong.

Ya I can see that. Trust me that's not my intention when I say care to chat.

"I really enjoyed your profile, and see we have x, y and z in common. Perhaps you could take a moment to go over my profile and see if you feel the same. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely, DG"

I try that or something along that line.
 kthyg
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/9/2008 11:21:36 PM
I know it seems odd that "care to chat" is mistaken for an invitation to have cybersex but that's because you haven't had the following convo:

him: Blah blah care to chat
Me: sure. Follow with common interest
him: whats size are your tits/can you deep throat/ other sexual statement

I'm serious. This is not an uncommon thing to have happen for some reason. I can't figure out if this works for some guys but it must because it happens too often.
 DG1988
Msg: 19
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 12:12:09 AM
Oh I believe you.

Idiots They ruin it for guys like me want to chat and get to know the Woman.
 SlySkyS
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 12:18:03 AM
I've never blocked a man coz he asked a question when asked in a good polite way lol... that's just ridiculous lol... Go figure why they blocked you lol... dont have a clue...
 DG1988
Msg: 21
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 12:38:18 AM
Yep! I'm completely puzzled. I'm not rude at all. I just ask to chat. I'm interested in getting to know this woman I'm contacting. LOL Maybe I scare them. Or maybe it's because I'm a musician. A lot of women don't want to get involved with musicians.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 5:48:28 AM
Good Post!

I agree. I have experienced the same results. Looking to meet the right women for friendship first,and end up with the same results. Blocked out like I am some parasite.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 23
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:27:41 AM
Wow...being blocked? I do not use that feature UNLESS someone is just flat out rediculous and asking weird questions. Not to sure why you are being blocked to be honest. I dont think honesty has anything to do with being blocked...maybe some women you are contacting just do not know how to respond. I think blocking over a simple hello is lame if you ask me. So what does honesty have to do with being blocked? If I am not interested in someone, I simply pretty much say "I do not think we have enough in common" and if they ask why, I tell them the truth. Most of what I have been unattracted to is smokers and I recently had one that after I declined a meeting, e mailed me I should be more considerate of men that live at home with mommy and daddy (he admitted he did). So yes, he got blocked. My response to that was..." If I am in my 30's and work and go to College, you can too." So, you want honesty? Here I am...:) I did not block him because he lives with mommy and daddy. I blocked him for condecending, lame e mails.
 Navigator6
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 7:04:16 AM

"Care to chat" tends to be code for "want to have cyber sex". This probably isn't what you are asking for, but a lot of women on here have run up against that little code so it's something we are leary of.

WOW, I... did not know that. So, where's the book or web site with all of these "CODES"??
 hugs*n*hisses
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 7:49:33 AM

So, where's the book or web site with all of these "CODES"??
I suspect none of us 'normal' people can tell you that, although I've heard tell there's a male version of it too....you know, ' a few extra pounds' or only a face shot is actually a code for weighing 650 pounds.

It would seem these manuals/memos are a secret publication and only available to a select few....thank heavens for that!

HnH
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Women Blocking Me