Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > happiness - what makes you really happy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rosebud35
Msg: 1
happiness - what makes you really happy?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Hi, been thinking lately about happiness.
You how sometimes you wake up feel great and do exciting things and genuinely feel happy. Then other days you think if only I had: won gold lotto, a man/woman, a new car, was on holidays or whatever I’d be happy. I was wondering what is it that makes you truly happy, like truly happy?
 CavesBeach
Msg: 2
happiness - what makes you really happy?
Posted: 8/10/2008 9:58:36 PM
for me its flying, especailly when you doing something new or flying somewhere strange..
feeling the fear and doing it all the same

when your finished you relive it over and over and over all week staring up at the sky waitng for the next time...
 *PookieDoesPerth*
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/10/2008 10:24:35 PM
Mines simple.....when someone rings, writes you a email or sms you out of the blue...just to tell you a bit about whats happening with them, but it also lets you know that they are thinking of you...and thats always a nice happiness enducer..someone thinking of you....oh and yeah when that Powerball drops on a Thursday evening and you have all six numbers..thats gotta to be a REAL happiness enducer/seducer as well !!! Bonus !!!
 curiousaboutu77
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 10:39:47 PM
I find that im never happier then when my attitude is right. A lot of the time i fall into the trap of seeing what is wrong with my life, and the circumstances in my life don't seem to matter. I can think of many times in my life where things aren't much different but i feel a lot happier compared to other times. I don't think there is any activity or person that makes me happy but my general thinking makes the difference. Then again maybe i just haven't found my true passion
 IzzyB73
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/10/2008 10:53:38 PM
I am happiest when , just after i have tucked my kids into bed, kiss them good night as i walk away my daughter calls out Love you mummy... I get the same from my youngest son as well ... not only does it melt my heart and is the perfect end to my day it puts the biggest smile on my face
Ps now if my teenage son did the same thing well it would be just like winning the lottery
 julianx
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/11/2008 12:23:47 AM
Driving home from a weekend camping with my teenage son...He puts a Lou Reed cd on and skips straight to 'Perfect day'...Some music is timeless...some moments feel like they are too.
 Akutenshi
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 12:56:33 AM
being with good company while sharing good food and drink being able to enjoy a good view with good music and talking about random junk that makes us laugh.
 robw23
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 1:39:34 AM
yep, just being with close friends+ being able to just be yourself!! also sharing my son,s journey after finally becoming a dad! nothing beats the feeling of sharing something special with your child
!!!
 Fisho7
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/11/2008 2:06:32 AM
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely, sunshine almost always makes me high...

baldscorpio
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/11/2008 2:20:22 AM
Each new day, I love a good mystery!!!
 diak
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/11/2008 2:39:39 AM
Making a difference in people's lives; that's about it.
 debnco
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 2:47:49 AM
I would say at this moment in my life ...hearing my kids laugh ..you know that little kid uncontrollable laugh when you know they are just having a ball .Oh and knowing I have really good friends who like me (warts and all).
 dimeadozen
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/11/2008 2:53:34 AM
I feel happy when I'm focussed on other people, helping someone who needs a hand.

Also singing makes me feel happy. Apparently singing is great for your health as it releases endorphins and the resonance does good things for your chi according to chinese medicine. Something like that anyway.
 Beauregarde
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 2:56:59 AM
One of my favourite quotes:
Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.
- Gene Hill
 likes_a_laugh
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/11/2008 2:57:18 AM
Making a little kid giggle
Making a pretty woman laugh
Making a family member smile
Making someone special sigh in contentment

Catching up with true friends after a long time apart
Embarking on a holiday, any form of travel will do.
Bike trip with cool breeze, warm sun, smooth winding roads and good company.
Watching a Cop decide he/she won't book me after all (Qld, NSW, Vic and Mexico so far).
 Racygirl
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/11/2008 3:19:21 AM
Talking to certain people. Problem is the lack of talking to them makes me very unhappy
 MTramble
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/11/2008 3:41:31 AM
being with my little one (when the tantrums, eye gouging and hair pulling stops).
Being with friends
Sitting out the back and watching the satellites ... Oh yeah, and theres stars there as well, but they dont seem to do anything
 deepsea66
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 4:22:29 AM
It made me really happy to learn that my happiness comes from inside me and I can choose to be happy anytime I want!

But there are some things that make me especially happy...

The best being the dribbly kisses I get from my grandson.

Cheers, Deepy
 Dark Stanley
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/11/2008 4:25:37 AM
Being angry makes me happy!!
 AbbieF
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 4:35:36 AM
I am fairly content with life at the moment.....................................

Lots of things enhance that tho - spending time with my family, good friends, playing music, kids - sometimes work, animals, going pretty places, good deeds, chocolate, wine.

I agree with whoever siad its attitude - I learnt I can choose to be happy or not.

hehehe like the one about talking to certain people only for me its perhaps not talking to certain people that helps keep me happy :)
 rosebud35
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/11/2008 4:45:54 AM
hey you guys rock
so many happy people around its awsome
its crazy how sometimes you can spend so much time planning things that you think will make happy,,,,,,,,and when you get there your like "oh so is this it?"
simple things make me happy...

being in the sunshine
walking along the beach or in the bush
making someone smile or laugh - like really laugh
having a bbq with ya mates, telling stories and getting plastered lol

daddy-day-care
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 5:45:12 AM

what makes you really happy?

for me
As a dad, its my kids joy that makes me melt.
As a man, i enjoy a good sence of attcheivement.
as for me personaly, all the simple things in life, with good company.
 MreOfOz
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 12:52:10 PM
I had to smile at what you wrote.
Happiness, sadness, joy, anger etc are all just feelings that we "choose" to feel
Most of the time we judge and or "choose" to feel these feelings based on the mind and ego.

You gave no label's to
"You how sometimes you wake up feel great and do exciting things and genuinely feel happy"

Yet the second half you have given "happy" feelings labels.
All those things we perceive will make us happy, yet even if they do, it often doesn't last long. We then look for the next thing to make us happy. When we stop looking for things to make us happy we find true happiness. As some of the other posters have touched on. The love for a child, friend etc are more connected with true emotion rather than objects.

Remember we are not our minds and you can choose to "feel" what ever you want
Posted: 8/12/2008 2:44:20 AM

Laughing with my friends, playing and cuddling my dogs, spending time with my Dad and family down the coast. Also ~ painting, photography, helping/doing things that make my loved ones smile, and feel loved.
 Mainey
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/12/2008 3:04:41 AM
What makes me happy,,,,, Any joy my children have,,,,, spending time outside with ppl I love,,,,,,,a sense of acheivement,,,,,,,,A sign from my children that I am brining them up to be nice, decent, respectful, happily adjusted human beings and sometimes I am just happy for no reason that I can put my finger on,,, infact most days
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > happiness - what makes you really happy?