Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > \what is expected on a 1st, 2nd or 3rd date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 singlewomen2232
Msg: 1
view profile
History
\what is expected on a 1st, 2nd or 3rd date?Page 1 of 1    
I have been single for the last 2 1/2 years and have been on 4 dates. Sad I know.
Beacuse things have changed so much since I was a teenager I have been having problems tying to figure what is expected of me on the first couple of dates so that I can keep getting to the next date! ;) Any ideas?
 Lilbitcountry64
Msg: 2
view profile
History
\what is expected on a 1st, 2nd or 3rd date?
Posted: 8/11/2008 8:12:06 PM
I believe you should follow whatever morals and standards you are comfortable with. If he isn't willing to respect those, then I don't think he's worth the 3rd or 4th date!

There are a lot of threads on here about whether or not to become intimate on the first date ... the majority of them blame it on the woman's morals if it happens - see, things haven't changed much since you were a teenager LOL . I never have, and still don't think a woman should have to sleep with a man just to keep him around. If he's worth anything he'll wait until you are both ready. I'm sure being mature adults this will be easier to discuss than as a teenager with all those raging hormones. That being said, after 2 1/2 years that might still be a problem.

There are also many threads on who pays what as well. The battle will forever go on over that one. I think it's something best discussed beforehand or expect to go dutch. My brothers were raised to always be gentlemen and pay on a date, my sisters and I were told to make our own way in life and never have to depend on a man for anything. I always like the idea that whoever invites, pays. As the relationship grows, I'm sure you'll pool resources anyway.

I prefer to meet someone first for coffee/dessert/drinks or whatever and then have a proper date if things work out.

My advice, get out and date. The more you do it, the more you'll know what you're comfortable with and what to avoid. You may make mistakes along the way, we all do.
 My I
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/11/2008 8:36:28 PM
1st date - you meet at Tim Horton's and then make out while standing next to your car as you are about to leave.

2nd date - you have sex.

3rd date - you meet at an eatery and lament you shouldn't have sex so soon. But then, you get a motel room and bang your brains out... getting hiome in time to let the babysitter leave at a reasonable hour.

After that, he never calls you. He blocks you from contacting him on this site and then you start a thread claiming all men are jerks.

Dating is very simple nowadays.
 MMORPGRTSFPS
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/12/2008 1:17:54 AM
You're waiting until the second date?
 ma lookin
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:58:38 AM
OMG MY I u crack me up...lmao

Hun you go with what you feel is right... everyone is different.......
 Leeanne
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 6:32:55 AM
Hum sadly MI has it exactly right - according to the majority out there in the dating world! The other half expects you to drop your drawers the first night!! UGH!!!

Be who you are and do exactly what you feel you should and want to do!!
 Dr. Gazebo
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/12/2008 2:05:35 PM
Who are all these guys who want sex on the 2nd date? Whatever happened to patience?

I seriously dont know what kind of men you gals go out with, but you are picking some real losers. I think you all need much better radar. I dont know anyone who comes onto a girl that fast. Reality check..you are dating frogs. Try some princes.
 wounded_angel_bent_halo
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/12/2008 2:31:14 PM

1st date - you meet at Tim Horton's and then make out while standing next to your car as you are about to leave.

2nd date - you have sex.

3rd date - you meet at an eatery and lament you shouldn't have sex so soon. But then, you get a motel room and bang your brains out... getting hiome in time to let the babysitter leave at a reasonable hour.

I think I've dated My_I .. lol.

Like most who've been married/involved for too many years to think about, "dating" is a very unusual prospect - and feel sometimes very much like I'm back in high school - or, did. After having braved the trenches a couple of times, I think I'm more comfortable now with trying not to have any expections.. relax.. enjoy! If nothing else, you've either made a friend.. or, have a heckuva story to tell the ones you already have.. lol
 skylynxx
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/12/2008 2:50:50 PM
Maybe get laid ?... I just don't know.
 hammerandnails
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/12/2008 3:18:03 PM
first date maybe some face suckin
second date we sleep together,and you give me the keys to your place
third date, someone hits me over the head and i realize there wasnt even a first date
 singlewomen2232
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 6:15:31 PM
It might be very popular to jump into bed on the 1st,2nd,3rd or even 4th date. I have said that right from the begining that I joined this site to find a long a long term relationship. If not this then to gain some really good friends. Call me old fashioned but I have never been for the one night stand. It is so much more fun when you have a relationship with the person and can play on each others wild fantasies.

By posting this I am not sure that I will get any more messages from the men. But I have a gut felling that jumping into bed with every man I meet is not the way to find the one in my dreams.

Thank you for all your help and happy fishing
 photopilot1
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 6:59:55 PM
What do I expect on a first date/meeting?
Gawd.... ANYTHING except a rehash of all the lousy dates you've had previously. Catch my interest.... don't bore me with your "luggage" tales.

2nd or 3rd date. Got to get past number 1 first. LOL!!
 seekinbarrie
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/13/2008 10:33:00 AM
Depends upon the reason why you're dating. By the sounds of your second post, Respect is expected. I am currently unaware of any such limits imposed by the 'Dating Regulatory Committee' which stipulates any relationship between quantity (of dates) and 'required activities'...so you're pretty much on your own. Personal judgement based upon comfort level is probably a better indicator than the number of dates.
(IMHO)

Peace.
 Phara00h
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/14/2008 7:40:08 AM
Personally,

Nothing turns me off like someone worried about 'what is expected from me', just do what 'you' want to do.

I am in my 40's, I am not at all worried about the world 'expecting' anything from me, I'll leave that to kids in their 20's with time to waste :)

What is expected is that you be HONEST and have fun :)
 ma lookin
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/15/2008 3:55:13 AM
I totally agree with Phara

Yes dont worry what people expect because people are all different when it comes to dating.

go out date and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the Moment.
 smartcookie45
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/15/2008 8:59:05 AM
Trust your instincts and do what is comfortable for you. Most importantly, don't have any regrets.
At this point in my life, I don't worry about anyone else's standards. Nor do I set a bunch of rules about what will or won't happen on a first or subsequent date. So far this approach has worked well for me.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > \what is expected on a 1st, 2nd or 3rd date?