Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sad, but clitoris has been removed...Now what?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Sad, but clitoris has been removed...Now what?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Some women have had their clitoris removed for religious reasons, or it may be removed because of a cancer growth.
I know its a glum or bizzare subject, but does anyone know if it possible to have the clitoris rebuilt with plastic surgery?
 Pleasurelimits
Msg: 2
Sad, but clitoris has been removed...Now what?
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:36:59 PM
Unfortunately no it is not possible anymore than it would be to build a nipple through surgery and have the sensations return. I have posted before that a bizarre ritual of some African tribes is to remove a womans clitoris through a circumcision process, bizarre and disgusting as far as I am concerned, some of these women have escaped to western countries and have tried to have it rebuilt but not successfully as far as I know. And I work in the field to an extent
 eazk
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:58:52 PM
Yes, but even if removed, it is unlikely that it extended beyond the surface. The clit is like the tip of the iceberg, and while rebuilding sensation isn't doable, learning how to massage deep, like reaching down to squeeze the base of a penis except smaller, will stimulate those nerves. The clit provides lots of focus of nerve endings.

And with you learning about the G-spot and the A-Spot...she's now going to be having vaginal orgasms.

bluezzz
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/14/2008 9:31:50 PM
It is possible, but only with additional hardware making it a...

Black N' Decker Pecker Wrecker

Bluezzz
 sara_nikki2406
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 10:31:39 PM
Hmmm...I don't know. I highly doubt that the same level of pleasure can ever be achieved again. I know (from college studies) that female circumcision is prevalent in many countries. Some of it's for religious reasons but the main reason is so that women are unable to experience pleasure. Men have it done to their daughters and/or wives so that they don't have the sexual "urge," the "want" to stray, & so they will stay monogamous to their husbands. Unfortunately, this is still done to women even now...in 2008...in other countries. It's sad. Just as sad is the fact that men don't want women to experience pleasure. Thank goodness the U.S.A. has come a long way. LOL. Then again there still are some men who are in it for themselves. Ha!
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 11:35:29 PM

Men have it done to their daughters

Actually *women* have it done to their daughters. The ritual is often performed by a group of women. In wealthier families, it might be done in a hospital by a doctor, under anaesthesia.

I've had many arguments about this practice with my daughter and her BF, both graduates of International Development. They defend it as an important cultural belief and identity.
 MP31971
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/15/2008 12:23:33 AM
Actually *women* have it done to their daughters. The ritual is often performed by a group of women. In wealthier families, it might be done in a hospital by a doctor, under anaesthesia.

That's sick. Who in their right minds would take away their child's right to future pleasures??? Who even thinks about that when they think of their child????
 vaxplant
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/15/2008 12:42:43 AM
It's a cruel and barbaric practice that often has other medical complications later in life. The male equivelant wouldn't be removing the foreskin, but chopping off the head of the penis (and depending on the tribe/culture) sewing what's left to the balls so that it hurt if one became aroused.
 windloverr
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:01:29 AM
It's technically illegal in most, if not all African countries; but it's not inforced, and is still practiced. Absolutely tragic.
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:36:45 AM
Just horrible. My legs are pressed together in sympathetic pain. I don't believe in circumcision either so my sons are untouched. There is no reason for it unless there is a problem with retraction, or infection. Religious beliefs over the years have dictated people be killed, beheaded or cruxified in the name of "god". Doesn't make it right.
 DAVE632
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 6:55:09 AM
There is a HUGE difference between western circumcision and the Islamic clitorectomy done in a NON surgical procedure with NO pain killers and no antibiotic. Heaven only knows what % of young girls die horrible agonizing deaths as a result of massive infection after one of these "honor" surgeries. It is done so women get no pleasure from sex and are only capable of being good wives and breeders. The custom is also responsible for increases in AIDS transmission because women who have been scared in and around their vagina prefer anal sex. It just hurts less - which I suppose is a relative term. Some "female circumcision" also entails cauterizing the vaginal lips shut with only a small opening for urine and menstrual flow.

There are idiots out there (""I've had many arguments about this practice with my daughter and her BF, both graduates of International Development. They defend it as an important cultural belief and identity."") who will argue it is their culture and we have no business criticizing it but ... gimmie a break. I don't care what culture, sex, religion, race they are - if it is an age old "custom" to carve a girl's clit off with a rusty machete and then burn her vaginal lips closed I'm suggesting their age old custom goes well beyond barbaric. That said there are an estimated 70,000+ women in the UK who have been subjected to this added thrill of being an Islamic woman. Many of those, they know, were done AFTER the families arrived in the UK. Prosecutions are almost non-existent for reasons of not wanting to offend their ""important cultural belief and identity"". My guess is that if there was a similar "custom" of hacking guys' di¢ks off with a dull saw and burning the stub with a hot poker the "custom" would not, regardless of which Immam ordered it, continue for very long. Women as second ... no third of fourth class citizens do not deserve any better treatment it seems. It seems to be that claiming this is a religion of PEACE and TOLERANCE is kind of pushing the bounds of incredulity when this custom is still advocated by so many throughout the Islamic nations.

BTW there are FOUR (4) degrees of female circumcision. Google it. If you've got a weak stomach don't eat anything greasy before reading #3 and #4. ""important cultural belief and identity"" , my A$$!!! It just shows the degree of moronic naivete can come as a result of some out of touch university prof who has never seen this procedure and thinks it is done in an operating room in some foreign squeaky clean hospital. I read a story once of some female prof who had written her thesis on the ""important cultural belief and identity"" of female circumcision having never experienced it or witnessed it. After several years teaching this CRAP she had the opportunity to travel to SUDAN and observe the happy ritual in real life and ... *look of utter amazement* ... she changed her mind about how "important" it was. Funny how some of these people change their minds when faced with reality, huh?

As far as losing a clitoris to a MEDICAL condition such as cancer - yes, it happens and for many women they believe it to be pretty much the end of their sex/love life.

As stated above for the few who actually know or have researched things the clitoris is the tip of extended branches of nerve endings which surface in many areas of the vagina. The G,A and U(?) Spots of myth and legend ARE there and are easily stimulated if the partner knows where and HOW.

SEVERAL feedback letters and IM's on the TRY THIS thread over on LIT have told stories of losing labia and the clit to cancer and after thinking they could never orgasm again (I mean how could you? The clit is GONE) they've discovered the various G-gasm techniques and report enjoying a sex life that is so good they wish they'd lost their clit earlier. OK one letter said that. I can't imagine wishing to lose a clit but the gist of the post suggested that G-Gasms were so good and that after thinking they'd never orgasm again - ever - it was hugely satisfying to discover these Techniques.

I have NOT received (that I know of) any feedback from any Muslim women who have started to have G-Gasms after losing their clit to this happy "custom" as described above. That would be, without a doubt, a most interesting post.

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=70892
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 10:02:30 AM

It just shows the degree of moronic naivete can come as a result of some out of touch *university prof* who has never seen this procedure

Actually my "kids" attended a lecture given by a Muslim woman. She defended the ptactice as did many of their female colleagues who had cliterodectomies. I find it so strange that women themselves would defend (and perform) such a barbaric and painful ritual. It has something to do with the belief that the male spirit lives in the clitoris and you will never fully be a woman (nor find marriage) until it is removed.
 produceninja
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/15/2008 1:55:58 PM
Depending on how much nerve damage was done and where the nerves were cut some women can still achieve orgasms from their g-spot. The g-spot is basically the backside of the same set of nerves.
 eazk
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/15/2008 2:05:55 PM

The g-spot is basically the backside of the same set of nerves.

No it's not...otherwise she'd be able to have vaginal orgasms from clitoral stimulation and clitoral orgasms from vaginal stimulation. The nerve bundles for the clit go straight in roughly on a line with the pubic synthesis, then they divide into two major bundles and each one kinda tracks back towards the base of the labia before heading back to the sacrum to join the spinal cord.

If you simply do deep massage on the labia side but deep in the crevice where the thigh contacts, you'll find you get get all kinds of pleasurable reactions.

The G-Spot by contrast, even though is seems to lie just a few centimeters from the clit, has a whole different nuero-vascular bundle that supplies it. And BTW...when considering where nerves run, always assume that nerves are laying along the outside wall of an artery. Nerves get nutrition by absorption of oxygenated blood directly through the wall of the artery. Nerves by themselves have no blood transport mechanism. Look at a physiology book...it'll make sense in about 1 picture (versus my abbreviated version of a 1000 words).

no_1_bby
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 2:15:52 PM
Actually Pleasurelimits, I was watching a show on plastic surgery this week and the dr on there said it can be done. It just takes AGES for nerves to regenerate... not sure about statistics/success rates or anything, just throwing out what I had heard.

As for the actual removal of the clit.. don't get me started.
 Briett
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 2:24:16 PM
"That's sick. Who in their right minds would take away their child's right to future pleasures??? Who even thinks about that when they think of their child????"

You have to remember, PetRock, these mothers have never experienced pleasure themselves and in some countries they feel as if they are protecting their daughters lives, because if a wife strays she is killed...no questions ask....and no reprocussions.

So very sad!!!
 Re-animator
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:04:35 PM
I read a study on this, and surprisingly, the biggest supporters of the practice were women who were victims of it themselves. I guess for some, if you can't have pleasure, you don't want anyone else to, either. Maybe they want to maintain the status quo to avoid letting younger women appear more attractive in any way to their men.
 myopinion
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:19:53 PM
I suspect that plastic surgeons can do pretty much anything. I am sure they can rebuild a clitoris, but I don't think it would feel the same. Just my opinion.
 little green hairstreak
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:06:50 PM
I saw the film on british tele some months ago that covered this barbaric custom in depth. The women did it to their daughters because it was supposed that no man would marry a girl/woman who wasn't so mutilated. Obviously a girl isnt a significant wage earner, families want to marry them off quickly. In this film the weapon of choice was a basic home made knife, much like a boy in england of previous generations might have to whittle wood etc. Certainly not surgically sharp and not even sterile. The girls would be held down by the mother and other female relations and the village appointed cutter would perform the ceremony. About 20% of girls died from blood loss, infection or even shock.
Clearly the women only did it because of the repercussions threatened by the men. Some girls would look forward to it after been brainwashed that it was a rite of passage, others having heard of deaths and pain would run away from it. The film explored how the refusal of a woman to submit her daughter to the knife led to a village splitting apart first the women who did and didn’t agree, then the women against the men, then finally the husbands and the women against the village elders.
 xxXKageXxx
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:35:36 PM
It has something to do with the belief that the male spirit lives in the clitoris and you will never fully be a woman (nor find marriage) until it is removed.

Further proof why religion/spiritulaity is dangerous. lol

I can also see a made for TV movie on this thread. "The Bionic Clit" We can rebuild it, we have the technology....

All joking aside. The clit is important, and removal of it sucks for woman, but there was other ways to give a woman sensations and orgasms. Since the clit is all nerves and everything, couldn't you still rub the area where the clit was and stimulate the nerves that are left? I would guess not, since the nerves probably die due to the removal of the clit.
 arwen52
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:48:05 PM
Genital mutilation is a big issue in African countries. It's unconscienable and ignorant in the truest sense of the word. Just because it is done by women their own daughters and defended by those same women is no defense of it. Do those daughters *consent* to have their genitals mutilated? No! There is no informed consent. Anyone who defends this barbaric practice should have their own genitals mutilated without anesthesia.

I've read some pretty gruesome accounts written by women themselves who have had this done to them. It's gruesome. One woman described how one day her mother took her away from her village and held her down while an old woman with a dirty, chewed up razor blade cut away her labia without anesthesia, then sewed her up so there was barely an opening for her menstrual blood to pass through. They tied her legs together and left her alone laying on her side in a hut for several days. Many women die from this procedure just from the blood loss and infection. Can you imagine this? She was in terrible pain, abandoned, could not understand why her mother would do such a horrible thing to her. Later, she emigrated to the U.S. She developed a pelvic infection from menstrual blood not being able to leave her body very efficiently. The doctor who examined her was horrified, had never encountered such a thing.

I was first made aware of this practice over 20 years ago by a young South African who was very involved in social justice. There was, and is, a growing movement to combat this horrible practice.

It should be banned.
 jazmella
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:55:34 PM
Oh my God!! I don't think I could be squeezing my legs together any tighter than I am at this very moment!! I'm so sickened by this "ritual", I can't even express it in words!! :-(
 Ear to hear
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/15/2008 6:11:10 PM
What people talk about...sheeeshe!
 laughinglibra
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/15/2008 6:43:05 PM

I was watching a show on plastic surgery this week and the dr on there said it can be done. It just takes AGES for nerves to regenerate... not sure about statistics/success rates or anything, just throwing out what I had heard.

I had read the same thing when I investigated clitoral mutiliation a few months ago. This is taken from Clitoraid dot org... an organization that is in the process of trying to build a "Pleasure Hospital" strictly to provide women support and possible rebuilding of their clitoris:

The goal of Clitoraid’s “Adopt a Clitoris” program is to create real, long lasting changes for women who have been forced to experience clitoral excision or genital mutilation against their will. To rebuild the female clitoris, a local anesthetic is applied so no pain is experienced when the surgeon uncovers the root of the original clitoris left after the excision. This root and tissues will become the new clitoris. The procedure takes 6 weeks for a woman to completely heal, with sexual pleasure and genetic normality being the end result.

Like no_1_bby, I have no idea if this works or not, but I am glad that someone is trying to help these women. I just hope they are also able to help them with the psychological damage that runs much deeper than not being able to enjoy the physical aspect of their sexuality.

raisin
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/15/2008 6:50:53 PM
Wouldn't much matter if it were rebuilt. It isn't the size of the thing that matters; it is the feeling in the thing and once removed the nerve endings are gone. If she hasn't got one then you're better off just concentrating on other areas.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sad, but clitoris has been removed...Now what?