Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Yes, PLENTY of fish out there, but no fish for me      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 esmixto
Msg: 1
Yes, PLENTY of fish out there, but no fish for mePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Hi,

I just had a relationship end about a month ago, I am tryin to move on by meeting new people, the thing is, I dont feel a click like I did with my last girlfriend.

Lots of profiles out there to look at but so far I havnt found a lady that suites me, least I dont know if they would, even when i'm introduced to ppl it just doesnt feel the same, yea sure they might be attractive, but it just doesnt feel quite right... am I just being too picky or should I take whatever comes my way....

Advice is appreciated, thanks..
 Perhapsnow
Msg: 2
Yes, PLENTY of fish out there, but no fish for me
Posted: 8/21/2008 9:28:05 AM
Way too soon to be seriously looking....it says on your profile that you are confident, the way this post reads your confidence has been flushed for now. Take your time, make friends and get over your ex. If you don't then nobody will be able to fill your void.
Take care
 Davey_Decker
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/21/2008 9:33:32 AM
My advice is, keep looking in the real world.

Chances are otherwise you will just end up swapping mails with people who will ignore/delete you on sight, even though chances are that if you had bumped into them in person you'd get on rather well.

It's frequently-remarked upon. Nobody is doign anythign bad; it's just the culture in this place.

Mark my words; get out there to the night-clubs, parties, classes and societies and meet someone. Because as prone to screening and rejection life is, on this site, it's worse.
 esmixto
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/21/2008 9:33:40 AM
Yea I was starting out really confident, i know im not a bad catch, but I gues it is too early to look for another fish. I'll find somone eventually maybe im just in the rebound phase
 german chick 1968
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/21/2008 9:39:14 AM
You just need to take your time and live a bit . I know easier said then done . But you not over your ex yet , Emotionaly you are not avaible...
just take your time ... its will all work out
good luck fishing
kat
 Benjamin1075
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:04:45 AM
"Advice is appreciated, thanks.."

A month?!! What is a month? Give it some time and relax those high expectations.
 penlope47
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:17:50 AM
I think this medium really limits connection even while appearing to open possibilities up geographically. We notice appearance first, then grammar and typing ability. If photos aren't that good, or a person isn't a good writer, it's easy to dismiss. Also, we look at professions and all our prejudices surface as well. POF may have its merits, but there is no substitution for meeting someone in person.
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:31:25 AM
PERhaps Snow took the words out of my mouth!!!and to add to that,I have thought the same things myself so many men and not one good one getting on my hook LOL what cha other girls using for bait..?!?!??
Just try to live life and things will work out..read the forums and especially broken hearts ,since you are feeling kinda low right now, but then you can move onto healthy relationships forums (is there any in here>??) one day soon...best of luck to you..youre not alone if that helps???
 V4Vivacious
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:31:47 AM
OP, it sounds as if you are not over your last chickypooh. Give yourself time to heal, hang with your buddy's... A new gal will come along and when she knocks your socks off (no pun intended) you'll know the time is right to move forward again in a love interest.

Good luck
 dancecard
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:47:52 AM
You are just heart sick my friend ~ that all ~ it's got it's own kind of misery.

You must live through these day ~ compairing others to love lost,~ for none will shine near so bright. ~ thats just the way it is ~ the way it works ~

For we truly fall in love with "our" images of others and it is this image thats stuck in the mind that you hold most dear ~~~ it pervents you from seeing the beauty in another.

Trust me on this,~~ theres more pretty girls then one, ~~ theres more pretty girls then one ~~ in every town, ~I 've been around ~~ theres more pretty girls then one.

Dance
 debindapeg
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:49:42 AM
take at least a few months it takes time to want to go out and date again,even 4 or 5 months :) even then friends is good to start with
 Blueeyedbaldman
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:50:23 AM

I just had a relationship end about a month ago

A month? Geez OP, arent you a little impatient? You shouldn't be jumping into anything serious right away anyway. If it hits 12, get back to us.
 babyblondhoney
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/21/2008 1:04:55 PM
Internet dating is no different to normal dating - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - you just have to keep looking until you "click" again.
 LaMediaNaranja
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/21/2008 1:21:04 PM
OP: It's too soon to be getting into another relationship. Obviously, you are comparing all to "her" and no one is going to measure up.

Mourn the loss, heal and then think about dating again.

cupatea2010
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 2:29:07 PM
Your are not ready to move on yet....it's only been four weeks from a four year relationship>>AND you have not been online long enough to find somone.
 Swedetres
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 2:39:37 PM
Don't feel bad, I have been divorced since 2000 and still dating no one...............................................most who respond have nothing in common with me.............................

I think this is the end of the road...................
 openlove
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/21/2008 2:41:00 PM
Uhh- you just had a relationship end about 1 month ago? Give yourself some time to breathe! Rushing right into the 'fish pool' right away is kinda pushing it, donchya think?
We ALL have that right to be "picky." So be it!

I've been picky for a few years since my last long term relationship. Why have I been picky? Cuz I have EVERY right to be and I know what I want and I know what I deserve. I refuse to settle for any less.
Lately though, I think things are changing for me- in a GOOD way- I'll spare the details for now but I have such an excellent feeling about someone lately.
Who am I to say no to that? lol
 seekerinwonder
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 2:54:20 PM
OK
somehow I don't believe this posting is real-must be from the POF staff to liven things up.
If this is legitimate then SadSack, old Chum, stop crying and learn how to spell and maybe you would not come across as anemic as you do!
 dogs rule
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/21/2008 3:04:11 PM
OP You have been a member for a week. Do you really think you would find the woman of your dreams already?
 human_male
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/21/2008 3:11:54 PM
It sounds like you had something really special and it must be hard to lose that. I don't think a month's very long to get over that. There is something to be said for getting out there and meeting new people to help you get over her, but I agree you should forget about meeting a special new person for now. And forget about websites too. If you can meet people in the real world that's much, much better.

I wish you well.
 Rachelle~C
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/21/2008 3:19:05 PM
It's only been a month and I would say that if you are not still in love with your girlfriend then there are definately some feelings left over for you to deal with. Do that before dating again. Nobody wants to be the rebound person. It's cruel and unfair.
 dacarlos
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 4:04:26 PM
not a good attitude
 khattS
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 4:10:24 PM
Boy can I ever empathize! but I'm still looking & you should too. If all I wanted was a warm body, I could have had that already. I want a real relationship with a man who respects me as I am.
Don't give up, the right woman is out there, waiting for you to find her
 iffish
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 4:21:43 PM
Duhh, sounds like someone has the rejection blues. At the risk of rudeness, take your head out of your ass! Get mad at me & get on with it!! There's no better cure for the blues than a good fight. Anger is a pretty good antidote for depression. The sooner you get over it, the sooner you'll get somewhere.
 esmixto
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:06:25 PM
Thanks people for the support, I am amazed at how much traffic this site gets. I love the stuff I hear on this site. Yeah, it has only been a week since I joined, I have unrealistic expectations

Im young, I can make these mistakes cant I?
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Yes, PLENTY of fish out there, but no fish for me