Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Instant message      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Instant messagePage 1 of 1    
Why is it so hard to first of all instant message somebody who is online, the instant message icon certainly doesn't show up on their profile even if they are online and second i had an instant message sewssion with a person last night and i'll be darned if I can find her or the message history back.
Instant message
Posted: 8/28/2008 5:47:21 PM
Then let me ask this, to make things a little easier why not show the IM icon on the profile, doesn't really make a lot of sense to see a thumbnail with the IM icon then click on the profile and not see it. Of course you would say go back to the thumbnail but that might not always be possible either. I just don't get this feature
Instant message
Posted: 8/28/2008 6:19:42 PM
Thanks for the reply, the IM icon is a pretty evaive little bugger isn't it, I go to one page that shows a thumbnail of a person and the icon underneath then i go to another page that shows her thumbnail without the IM icon and if i go back to the previous page there she is again with the IM icon even after i refresh, so no stale pages. Beats the hell out me LMAO
Instant message
Posted: 8/28/2008 6:23:22 PM
Here's a good one, i just looked at the page of who's viewed me and there are 2 thumbnails of the same person one in the who's viewed me and one in the single line above ...... above she shows with the IM icon and below she doesn't .... this sucker is playing hide and go seek LOL
Instant message
Posted: 8/28/2008 6:40:44 PM
You can explain this to death my friend but it still don't make sense :)
 Ticketoride
Msg: 6
Instant message
Posted: 9/3/2008 11:33:24 PM
Thanks for the reply, the IM icon is a pretty evaive little bugger isn't it, I go to one page that shows a thumbnail of a person and the icon underneath then i go to another page that shows her thumbnail without the IM icon and if i go back to the previous page there she is again with the IM icon even after i refresh, so no stale pages. Beats the hell out me LMAO

Ok. The Admin has coded all Instant Messenger Links to Thumbnail Images of Users who are currently Online, meaning are E-Mail Logged in or were as of 15 Minutes ago.

Here's a good one, i just looked at the page of who's viewed me and there are 2 thumbnails of the same person one in the who's viewed me and one in the single line above ...... above she shows with the IM icon and below she doesn't .... this sucker is playing hide and go seek LOL

The very top Row is of Users who have previously viewed your Profile and are currently Online, ie. logged into their E-Mail. When they are logged in, IM Links are visible, subject to the Provisions in the last Paragraph of this Post.

The Lower 4 Rows do not reflect the E-Mail Log-in Status of those Users, hence no IM Links, as they are simply a Record Database of People who have viewed you in a specific Sequence previously. The Admin has not coded the 4 Lower Rows for IM Links, thus you will never find them.

What are the Provisions for seeing IM Links? First of all you need to have the Adobe Flash Browser Plug-in installed in order to see the Links. Secondly, any User who also does not have the same Flash Plug-in installed will not show an IM Link under any of their Thumbnail Images. Furthermore, Users who have not enabled "Instant Messenger" in their Mail Settings will also not show an IM Link.

Thus, not all Thumbnail Images show IM Links.

There used to be Messenger Links on Profiles, but the Admin trashed that Years ago.

Related Links:

IM: Adobe Flash & IM Links
IM: IM Links not showing
IM: IM Users/ Online Now
IM: Pages with IM Links
IM: 'View Message History'
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Instant message