Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Newbie Q re: POC "Culture"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Grateful2Be
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Newbie Q re: POC "Culture" Page 1 of 1    
Every online forum has a 'culture' or way of doing things. Wondering what it is here. Don't want to offend when i want to encourage, etc. I.e. if someone puts me on their favorite list, is that a signal to contact them [if i want to, of course] or are they just bookmarking me for their own future consideration? You get the picture? What are the known protocols here? ('') thx. Oh, yah, what's that > ('')
 Ticketoride
Msg: 2
Newbie Q re: POC Culture
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:33:24 AM
Related Links:E-Mail: Intro/Breaking the Ice
 Grateful2Be
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 4:13:40 PM
hey thanks, tickettoride!

got some good hints on that link. i'm going to have the ck-your-page forum ck it out. .. if i can find them! i tried the one the first replyer suggested, but that is 3 days of searching for me.

there seem to be so many ways to "meet" ppl here, just wanted to know the "common" ones, rather than reading for days and trying for years. i don't have time for either at 59.

any further hints about the *** most commonly used methods for meeting ppl here***, would be greatly appreciated.
 Grateful2Be
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:23:10 PM
Oh great! Thanks, and i'll follow up on that one, but i meant meeting online.

Maybe i should have said that it seems that there are [overwhelmingly] so many ways to "find" people here that i wanted to know what the most common ways that people use are.

And what are the things that other people do [that one can notice, of course] that indicate that they are interested in you? And vice versa.
 brawnydog
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:52:41 PM
There's really no true protocol for that here, darlin. There are no winks.
If you find yourself interested in someone, approach them sincerely with what interested you about them. Email, IM, forum posts.. it doesn't matter.
And hope it works vice versa. It's pretty much the same as meeting anyone anywhere.
 Grateful2Be
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:12:32 PM
thanks sweetie,
"winks"?
you (your page) made me laugh out loud!
peace, gramma lo
 jt7
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/31/2008 11:10:35 AM
what does "OP" mean?
 Slightly_Uncivilized
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/31/2008 5:37:07 PM

what does "OP" mean?

OP means Original Poster.

someone puts me on their favorite list, is that a signal to contact them [if i want to, of course] or are they just bookmarking me for their own future consideration?

I think we use the favorites list for many things. I know when I first joined I spent the 3 days reading all the rules, links, and more links. Kind of felt like I was back in school cramming for an exam. LOL. I did what one of the links advised about adding Moderators I have added them all the my favorites list.

I have also added a few people I found in forums I have known for over a year. I also use it to keep track of some great posters, again I think everyone has their own reasons why and how they use it.

I do see how you would ask the question about the culture. I have long heard of POF their policies are some of the best I know of, So I really have spent a lot of time reading and rereading all the rules as I did when I was here last time.
This is a great site in my opinion, well run, I think if in doubt on what "Protocal" is read and then read some more. Good luck out here
Peace
 Grateful2Be
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:26:23 AM
It's not what you say, but how you say it. You're a very kind and wise person, i feel.
Oh, and thanks for your comments, they are full of good advice.''

As a clueless newbie to forums, IM, etc. [yah, can you believe it!] Don't have a cell phone either! ...
please direct me to the forums for finding out what '' that means and

how i can post my profile for women friends also.

thanks again,
gramma lo
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Newbie Q re: POC "Culture"