Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > If I make first contact...can they see my hidden profile???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweet4spice
Msg: 1
view profile
History
If I make first contact...can they see my hidden profile???Page 1 of 1    
If I add someone to my favorites or send them a message, but my profile is hidden.
Will they be able to reply or view my profile...or does my profile stay hidden to them?
 brawnydog
Msg: 2
view profile
History
If I make first contact...can they see my hidden profile???
Posted: 9/6/2008 11:33:38 AM
yes, they will.
 sweet4spice
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 2:29:30 PM
Thanks so much...
 fun lovinglady
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 10:17:41 AM
someone hasadded me asa favourite but when I checked out thier profile it was hidden........Is there anyway that ican find out who this person is for safety reasons
 Ticketoride
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/12/2008 2:20:34 PM
Is there anyway that ican find out who this person is for safety reasons

No. The other Person would have to un-hide their Profile for them to become visible to you again. There are no Safety Issues. They don't have your Name, Address, Phone Number, etc. to be able to do anything "Unsafe" to you. Un-hidden, anyone on the Internet can view your Profile without having to have a POF Account.

Related Links:Profiles: Favourite/WhoLovesMe
List Discrepancies & Hidden Users
 Sacker620Y
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/25/2009 7:59:22 AM
I had a person on my First contact list..that obviously I had first contacted...and now they are off that list and no longer searchable..did this person delete their POF profile..or hide it?..hiding a profile...does it take you off of someones first contact list?
 Navigator6
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2009 12:39:15 PM

I had a person on my First contact list..that obviously I had first contacted...and now they are off that list and no longer searchable..did this person delete their POF profile..or hide it?..hiding a profile...does it take you off of someones first contact list?

Do a user name search. If he closed his account, it'll tell you when. If his account was nuked or otherwise banished from the site by admin, then NOTHING will show up.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Perhaps the forum-mod-in-waiting (cowboy) will pop in and let us know for sure.

HAH, he's gonna kick my *ss for that!
 the_humormonger
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2009 9:16:41 PM

i have a user on my first contact list who has since hidden his profile - - and i can still see him on my first contact list, and can access his profile through the link.
sooo...not on your list and no longer searchable suggests that particular profile no longer exists. if a user search comes back with no info, you can be pretty certain that the profile was removed by admin, and that it was FOR CAUSE (ie, spammer, etc.). when a user just deletes their profile, the search will tell you that they closed their account on a particular date.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > If I make first contact...can they see my hidden profile???