Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweet lady Lori
Msg: 1
Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?Page 1 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
Gentlemen, please help me understand why so many young men seem to be interested in older ladies, whether to date or have sex? Some of my friends and I were discussing it the other day and it seems we all had different opinions! Is this a common fantasy among men...perhaps the "Mrs. Robinson" syndrome? I know some younger ladies like older men, but I don't think it's as common as younger men looking for the older woman. What, truly, is the attraction?
 SteveinHP
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:39:45 AM
Because older women are more experienced. It is a badge of honor to some guys to have "tagged the cougar"

Older women tend to know what they want, have less inhibitions, and you do not have to play as many games as you would with a younger girl...
 Just LookingDFW
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:41:10 AM
There are a lot of older women that want a younger man, I was a about 19 and I had meet a 35 yr old lady, She was hot and man I should have stuck with that, she had a good job and took good care of me. I made a big mistake by letting that go.
 solocus
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:43:30 AM

Because older women are more experienced. It is a badge of honor to some guys to have "tagged the cougar"

Older women tend to know what they want, have less inhibitions, and you do not have to play as many games as you would with a younger girl...

Could not have said it better, especially the play games part
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:46:31 AM
Because younger women aren't giving it up to them?

Seriously. How can there be one answer for every guy that has sex with, or chases, older women? Some are honestly attracted to older women. Most have ulterior motives involving anything from sex to money. Good luck weeding out the ones that are sincere. Basically, it's the same as it is for men and much younger women.
 nickolysseus
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:48:20 AM
Because older women are wiser.
 Road Ranger
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:50:19 AM

Because younger women aren't giving it up to them?
Yep.

A young man can work on an older woman's vanity and use his "mommy pleasing" behaviors. The older woman gets a drink from the fountain of youth and has a partner she can handle with ease. The young man gets sex with a woman who actually appreciates it and without jumping through the hoops that young women set out.
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:50:55 AM
Sexual libidos peak early for men, later for women.
For a longtime, younger women were lot more sexually reserved and insecure. Plenty of younger guys have had the experience where they feel like he's pulling teeth to try to get the younger woman to do something different or "experiment". More mature and experienced women have a greater tendency to be more assertive towards their mate.
Someone in the forums used the following phrase;
"I want a woman that wants me as much as I want her."
So, a younger guy anticipates the possibility that an older woman might grab him by the collar, when he comes in the door, and just have her way with him!
I really don't think too many guys would have a problem with that!

I certainly wouldn't!!!
 sweet lady Lori
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/7/2008 10:50:20 AM
Interesting view point Road Ranger and well noted. I do think I get the gist of it now, so thanks for the information everyone
 girlwillbegirl
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:00:09 PM
Ditto to what Nick Prince Von Intellect said.
 gatekeeper123
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:05:35 PM
some times exp counts 2 there ez and there is that old saying to,,come on you know it,,thay dont swell thay dont tell and thay are gratefull as hell,, ow hun you get some young stuff there well good for you,
 Alone_guy
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:09:35 PM
i like older woman
 chris-gy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:16:40 PM
When I was younger (16-25) I found older women attractive.....I'm 49 now. Trust Me!!!! It's not the same.
 Kolpadet
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:19:40 PM
I wish people stopped using the word "cougar" as if they just invented the concept of age differences in relationships.

So below this paragraph I will cover the positive aspect of dating older women, but I'll get into the negative aspects here. We should put just as much criticism on older women who date younger men as we would for older men who date young women. I would say from the emotional maturity point-of-view of older women, they have the same psychological issues as older men do when they date significantly below their age. It's one thing to have a fantasy about some hot guy/girl who is younger, but it's another thing to have an emotional immaturity issue that creates an inability to forge a relationship with anyone of your maturity and age level.

THAT being said...

I've dated women older than me and younger than me, and I've found that there's immaturity and maturity in all age distributions. When I was in college, I dated a woman who had finished law school, had a career direction, knew what she wanted, and had experienced life a little bit. I wasn't *young* (I was 20/21,) but it was the experience difference that made things so night-and-day from dating women my own age.

Now that I am older, I still think that once people get a stable profession and a job, they become more focused on where they want to go with their lives. This, in turn, eliminates bull. Also, it helps when people grow a bit older and their hormones stabilize.

In the words of a fellow promoter... "When you're under 30 and do dumb *@&*, you're under 30. When you're over 30 and you do dumb *@&*... it's just dumb *@&!"

Your friendly, neighborhood K,
--K
 sweet lady Lori
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:26:20 PM
"K", I actually checked your profile to see how old you were and at 28, your wisdom is beyond your years. You have an interesting view point. BTW - I am not offended if someone refers to me as a "Cougar" - it's better than the other term some use when referring to an older woman!! Thanks for your analogy - much appreciated
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:35:28 PM
Well, it's pretty common knowledge that women mature faster than men. It's not unusual for a 25 yr. old woman and a 35 yr. old man to be at about the same maturity level.

But, there are many, many, many 40 yr. old men that still have the same high school maturity and mentality level!

So, it's not as unusual to see a younger woman with an older man.

At some point in life, it just ceases to be viewed as cradle robbing, since it's beween two consenting adults, that are experienced as being adults!
 howbigisyourlove
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:54:06 PM
Their is no attraction .. for the middle-aged female it is immature ,perverse and insecure women with no ability to properly socialize with people of their own age... and for a guy it is d-inking and not thinking .. ones who end up in longer term relationships over the hop and go stage are usually people who need some serious psychological help to deal with much deeper issues regarding their own personal wholeness in the emotional sectors of their brains as the logic of these large age spans differences does not dictate( no pun on the nunciations) for a healthy long lasting and rewarding union.
The stats on these types of unions lasting beyond a dildo encounter is less than .3% so try naught feed me lines at how progressively successful and marvelous it all is .. in the long haul it does not work. So if you are emotionally dysfunctional through relationship or upbringing and are damaged goods that does not recognize any control valves or cannot process logically .. you are likely a great candidate for the "Mrs. Robinson" syndrome.
 Louis Vuitton
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 1:16:14 PM
Because the Older men have fished out the pond of younger women.
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/7/2008 1:47:48 PM
Louis makes a good point.

There are women here whom established relationships with men their own age. Some for periods extending beyond a decade. Only to find themselves single again in their 40s and 50s because he traded in for a newer model.
I think that most have recovered quite well and still have a lot of life and love to give in their hearts.
So, does that make her a psychological "basket-case" if she discovers that most of the men in her age group are looking for younger women?
What if she comes across an "old soul" in a younger body that looks at her "as she is" and can respect her and treat her as good as she deserves to be treated?

"One man's trash is another man's treasure" is very real and viable.

Personally, I think that having such a narrow-minded approach is indicative of psychological issues!

But, that's my opinion and my two pesos worth!

If it's not for you, don't do it.

But, when you point the finger, there's three pointing right back at you! So be careful how you judge people.
 girlwillbegirl
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/7/2008 1:53:05 PM
OK, now I've found out that I'm immature, perverse and insecure, and I LOVE IT!!!
 sweet lady Lori
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/7/2008 2:07:06 PM
Howbigisyourlove, you certainly have a right to your opinion, but unless the other person is a minor, how can two consulting adults enjoying each other be considered immature & perverse? Insecure? If an older woman agreed to a date with a younger man, she is not insecure, she is down right secure! We can agree to disagree on this one...you sure do have strong views on this though! Hmmmm..........are you saying if some nice, young man asked you out for dinner, you would refuse? If so, you make less competition for the rest!
 regnj
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 2:58:19 PM
when i talk to women my age they tell me to go talk to an older chick because i m a virgin. so an older chick can teach me how to please them. women in the 20s are cruel
 Alone_guy
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/7/2008 3:08:23 PM
i like older woman cos im virgin so i need older woman to teach me some stuff
 iami20072
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/7/2008 3:14:44 PM
Lori;
For me I think it was being the youngest of 8 children. Always being around older mature people. All my relationships as an adult have been with woman older then me.
For me I just feel that I can relate more. I was once married to a beautiful classy lady 12 years older then me. I was 22 she was 34 but my failed maturity at that time ended it but we are friends and more like brother and sister. She lives in my home state and works with my sister so there is our connection and when we see eachother when I am up there at a family gathering its nice to see my friend and sister.
I look at a younger woman and I just don't see the beauty as I see in a older woman.
Like the saying goes Like fine wine gets better with age.
 sweet lady Lori
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/7/2008 3:21:32 PM
Now that response ladies, from jami20072, was classy and I can now understand why this can happen.
"I look at a younger woman and I just don't see the beauty as I see in an older woman" - you sure give us hope that there are more men out there who can look past a few gray hairs and wrinkles!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?