Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How a black male can approach white women... help      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lightingbird3
Msg: 1
How a black male can approach white women... helpPage 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Hey all,

I was just looking for some advice on how I can approach white females. Preferably younger. Approaching black, hispanic, and even somewhat asian females is no problem for me in public. Although, with white females, I choke. On average, I usually attract much younger women, just not sure if I appeal to white females. I'm just never really dated one and I'd like to try. I find it harder to determine if they are interested. I'm a district manager for an entertainment company and I encounter mixed couples all the time. Lately, I've noticed lots of brothas with very nice white females. Usually nice looks and nice shapes. Ha at some point, I've even debating asking these males for the secret to appraoching these women.

So any advice?

**Also... is there anyway to get some sort of email notification for forum posts?
 Kari1
Msg: 2
How a black male can approach white women... help
Posted: 9/8/2008 1:13:48 AM
Oh, I am so the ONE TO REPLY... I just happen to only date black men. But, Most men say they COULD tell not that Im ghetto, or wear clothes or jewelry in any peticular fashion but, maybe more so my body type and the way I only notice black men and give eye confirmation. The approach is no different no matter who or what you are. I would only take note to notice if weather you are in her league or not. & vise/versa(sorry but its true) When a black male approaches me im sure he reads my body language and if I want him to say something I look in his face and it encourages him to do it. If I dont want him to approach me I act as if I dont even notice him. The stigma of the white woman/black male relationship isnt that big of a deal from my side, Most of my white friends have dated black men, But definetely more so from the black side. I have always had trouble being accepted in a black circle than him being accepted in my circle or even family for that matter. I dont however think white women and black women can have true even relationships due to misstrust on thier part But I surely dont care about that. I dont have black girlfriends just boyfriends....ha
 kane stays
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/8/2008 5:07:20 AM
Well I don't know why you wouldn't approach them the same as anyone else. We are all human,with human flaws and all. Relax all they can do is say no,or yes. Stop worrying ya hairs gonna fall out or turn gray!!
 Just_Jay79
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/8/2008 5:57:54 AM
Well as a black man that's exclusively dated white, asian and persian women to date, let me give you Tigerwoods0924's simple tips to courting a white lady:
1) Say "Hello" works infinitely better than "Holla"
2) Treat the ladies with some respect, they're not rap video hos
3) Nothing wrong with being stylish, but keep the bling tasteful
4) Use proper English instead of that Ebonics crap
5) Keep your hands to yourself at the onset, unless she gives you the green light otherwise (more of a club atmosphere point when dancing and stuff)
6) Face acceptance OR rejection with humility, rather than thinking you've just pimped her out, or the even classier "well f&#k you anyway B*itch!" (I've actually heard 'Brothas' shout this when the girls didn't react the way they wanted )

and most importantly
7) for the Love of God, do me a personal favour and don't just hit on any fat trashy looking white lady you see, every time I see a brother live up to this ridiculous stereotype it makes me look bad when I go out in public...

I often market myself as the "Domesticated Negro" (Trademark pending) - fully house-broken yet still looks different enough to piss off your parents and make it exciting.

All joking aside, people are not that different across cultures: we all know on a fundamental level that there is a nice way to approach people, and a tasteless way to approach people. Be earnest, take a genuine interest, SMILE, crack a joke, be witty/charming/sweet - whatever your particular strong suit is for attracting ladies, just go with it putting your best foot forward with some manners and you can't go wrong.

After that, it's up to the lady to decide whether she'll reciprocate your interest or not. Even if she doesn't want to talk to you, don't take it as racism, just take it as she wasn't interested in YOU particularly - unless she uses the N-word, at which point feel free to spit in contempt and walk away because you're better off

Good luck!
 pretty moon
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 6:13:02 AM
Well, I checked my black man approaching white women manual..........and it only had one sentence.

The same way you approach any other woman..................WITH A SMILE.

PEACE
 capricorn40
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:28:59 AM

You walk up to her very slowly- no sudden movements- and stop at least 10 feet from her. Keep one hand up in the air and tell her, "Yes, I'm a black man but don't be afraid. I'm more like an Obama black than a Fiddy black. I'm just going to reach into my pocket and pull out my credit report, criminal history and latest drug test results. Then I'm going to place them on the ground and back up 20 paces so you can pick them up and review them."

We white chicks really dig smooth brothas like that.

Thank you for the funniest thing I read in a long time!!!!

(I'm actually thinking of trying it myself)
 WannaCStarz
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:40:49 AM
WOW!! nice thread by the way, and time for it

i beg to differ with you , Kari .
Some of my very best friends are black women. I dont have very many girlfriends at all, really, if you read back on any of my forum threads you will see I have noted this before.
I have ALWAYS related to men much better , even while a small child, much to my Momma's disdain. LOL! i was quite the little tomboy. . . . .
so maybe that helped, i dont know, Girls just did NOT like to do what i did, even my two older sisters, yet they complained that i was always tan with NO Effort and not even caring...(lol) and they sit in the sun for hours and got no tan. My Momma simply told them "If you enjoy what you are doing, time flies by and the achievement is terrific" sorta like a watched pot never boils or aging.

If you are enjoying your daily routine you wont even notice the effect it has on you or others, but if you dread your daily life, others will notice and so will you!

SO, OP, it is not always the color of the skin that has anything to do with it, but the personality make, the background and way they were raised, etc.

I dont know why but black women usually love me and we click right away. I lived in louisiana for the birth of my first two kids and the ladies there are just so laid back and wholesome and awwwsum!! I just adore my black g/f.

As far as black men go, I love they way they approach, they are SO charming and boy can they pour it on. Of course sometimes you get the ones who only want to ask you if you have found the truth out about the "anatomy rumors" of black men. BEEP. LATER, Dude!

and PRETTYMOON, once again, your posts always make me SMILE and hold so much truth!! Thank you! :)

EDIT: OMG, whatta HOOT, allooooohaha!!! You make me SMILE, too. :)
 Jake52177
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:42:17 AM
I'm just going to reach into my pocket and pull out my credit report, criminal history and latest drug test results.

This could be for anybody nowadays.
 CherylCake
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:58:16 AM
I always say slow & steady wins the race(card). I don't care if you're black, brown, green, blue, or purple. Perserverence. There's no Ebonix for that.
 nebula22
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:21:05 AM
OP,,,
Just pull a very large roll of money out of your sock.
That will get you all the white women you want....

Now,,, can I ask WHY you don't want a BLACK woman???
 iris43
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/8/2008 9:28:24 AM
Not all white woman date black so if your looking for ques to know who to approach, its all about eye contact. I for one will notice a black man in a crowded room way before I notice anyone else and if attracted will surely let him know by eye contact and a smile.

Hope that helps...
Diane
 Durken
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/8/2008 9:41:24 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwww,

What's wrong lightingbird3, black putty isn't good enough for you anymore!

Yeah, I've heard this same stupid shyt of 'once you've had black, you never go back' because the black women are used up so do yourselves a favor and fix what's wrong with your race before you want to climb the putty ladder, ok!
 MY OH MY
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/8/2008 9:53:23 AM

"Yes, I'm a black man but don't be afraid. I'm more like an Obama black than a Fiddy black. I'm just going to reach into my pocket and pull out my credit report, criminal history and latest drug test results. Then I'm going to place them on the ground and back up 20 paces so you can pick them up and review them."

That is really funny!
I think that you need to get rid of any race and use it for all men and don't forget a note from his mother and last SO to make sure they really aren't together any more.
 TrinB
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:03:35 AM
it's tough i know......you don't really want to put it in your Profile and certainly you know that many people who search....do it within their own race...i have the same problem.....the few black men that i have commented to....have said "wow: etc. i've even been told that "You don't "look" white.....yadda yadda.....on the flip side even if you have a preference you don't really want to voice it too loudly becuz you may meet someone you're own race whom you adore......tuff one indeed!

as for an actual answer to your question....i would say just do it...like NIKE...if they don't respond then so be it...if they do then you're good
 ***blue***
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:05:15 AM
Funny replies here this morning, thanks.

Op Just smile and say hi.
Tiger gave you a good funny answer there but listen to what he's saying.

DO NOT walk up to her and say (Yes I'm going to quote this because it did really happen) 'Hey do you work at a junk yard?'
Ummm no.... (That was me I work in an office and sress for it)
'Oh but damn girl you must because damn you gotta alot of junk in the trunk.'
He walked away while I was still laughing.
 LaMediaNaranja
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:08:44 AM
OP: Caucasians are no different than the rest of the female population. The ONLY difference is their ethnicity. Why get all choked up?

If a woman is interested, she'll let you know. Don't get all caught up in the racial thing.

Best,

Posted: 9/8/2008 10:10:41 AM
I am not a woman, but I distinctly remember hearing a bunch of girls going on about how somebody called them "females". Just a heads up on that one.
 Janet4ever
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:18:10 AM
Just wear a t-shirt that says "yes, it's true."

You'll do fine.
 bsg789
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:41:52 AM
The same way you would approach any other group of women.
 ~Scoundrel~
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:42:43 AM
Do you have a problem approaching Black women? It's not that differant.

Go to a bar where all kinds of people go. Just say hi and smile. Some women will be into you and others won't. Don't worry about the one's that don't like you. Focus on the ones that do.

If you need more info, feel free to message me.
 Flowerrss
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/8/2008 11:30:41 AM
Yes, find the White Woman that U find attractive and approach her with the same confidence and charm you usually do with the Black Woman that U find attaractive. U will be most effective that way. The 2nd time & 3 rd time will get easier.

Another technique that works for numerous up tight situations:
I found myself in my first sales job, behind a big desk,28 & 2 kids, & supposed to give the convincing explanation that converted potential leads to clients. They were often older and stern & so was I which would have made it a waste of time inhibiting all said.
My solution: I looked at the picture of my secret goal & I walked toward him SMILING & as we began to talk I didnt see the face of a stranger, I REPLACED IT with the face of a my dear best friend and proceeded at ease and friendly which transfers to the other party who is LISTENING.

My previous years of shyness melted away while I did my job.

If the girl & you click, great!! If not, don't blame it on either of your race. There are way more guys get turned down for many reasons. Don't take it personal. Don't dwell on it. Neeext! Move on to the next one. If you do dwell on it, it wrecks the next one.
Have Fun!!
 nebula22
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:27:04 PM
I think this whole thread was created by the OP so that he could get a date or two..
Well , he DID find out which women here would date him didn't he?

Seems he won't tell why he doesn't want a black woman ..
Anyway,,
Like I said before,, Money will buy you all the white women you want OP..
Good luck with being a racist against your own people.
 danz_chef10
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:51:55 PM
My advice to you, my brother, is to not and say you did. "Tis far better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all"...William Shakespare.

...nah...for you and I and any other black males...just don't love them at all. See them from afar, be friends...but otherwise, nah.

I, too, feel the way you do. I'm extremely attracted to caucasian women. But, I've had more positive responses to all other backgrounds, than to white women. Women who in some cases, are just screaming out to no longer be alone...wouldn't see me an honest candidate. I'm confident, credible, well-mannered, fit and young. Just can't get the girl.

But, you probably won't be surprised to hear that it's black women telling them not to take us on in some cases. And in other cases...their parents, and other assorted bigots. What can you say? Heidi Klum was meant for Seal...not so for you and I.

And for the women who are about to open the "racism can"...keep the lid on it. Truth never hurts until you have to get hit by it.
 NVictor
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:56:56 PM
Keyword...DON'T. I know I'll catch a lot of flack. But I don't believe in mixed couples.
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 1:13:27 PM
OP
I don't remember except that it was much the same way anybody else with class would have approached me. We ended up at the same bus stop at the same time quite often. We usually talked while waiting for the bus - his story, my story. Then one day, not too much later he asked me if I'd like to go dancing. And we did.

And BTW, he wasn't black; he was brown skinned. I wasn't white; I was beige skinned. The way I look at it we are simply different depths of brown. As an artist, brown is the resulting colour of mixing the three primary colours all together.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How a black male can approach white women... help