Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do black girls like white guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LB23
Msg: 1
Do black girls like white guys?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I really do love black girls. Looks and personality. But you dont see many white/ black couples.

Do most black girls only go for black guys?

Had any experience of this? know anyone whos in this sort of relationship.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 2
Do black girls like white guys?
Posted: 9/11/2008 4:21:33 PM

But you dont see many white/ black couples.

I see it all the time.
 SteveinHP
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2008 4:23:06 PM
I have dated black women in the past. I also see alot of mixed couples. I guess it has to do alot with geographic location. I live in the Detroit Suburbs, and it is a common thing.
 jeandvorak
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2008 4:24:36 PM

But you dont see many white/ black couples.

I see it all the time.

Me too.

Here in South Florida is very common.

Have you failed to date a black girl or you're just wondering?

I cannot seem to find that in your question. It's more like a general question than an actual experience.
 afashionlady
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/11/2008 5:41:01 PM
I can't speak for GIRLS

But this black woman likes white men. Actually men in general.

And yes, I've dated white men off and on all of my life. It's all in how a man approaches me, regardless of his color.
 piscescoda
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/11/2008 7:23:47 PM
Yes. We all have the same opinion about everything. All black girls love all white men. All women like disabled men. We all hate nice guys. I love all inclusiveness.
 MissEmpress
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/11/2008 9:29:43 PM

Yes. We all have the same opinion about everything. All black girls love all white men. All women like disabled men. We all hate nice guys. I love all inclusiveness.

LMAO

My sentiments exactly....

I am a black woman but I would never take it up on myself to be the spokeswoman for black women in general and what we all like. I can only speak for myself and I think people should know by now how to ask questions...infact people should know that certain things don't even need to be asked.
 glitterscream
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/11/2008 9:38:55 PM
I have a BFF who is black and tends to prefer white men. Not sure that is going to help you, other than reassuring you that women with those preferences are out there.
 afashionlady
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/12/2008 12:41:42 AM

I am a black woman but I would never take it up on myself to be the spokeswoman for black women in general and what we all like

HA...lol. Missempress...now you know you need to speak up for all of us!!!

And to the poster above her that had me cracking up....especially the "we all hate nice guys" part.

Too true ladies...too true.
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/12/2008 1:07:10 AM
Gee whiz, people. Can we make it through one thread without somebody pulling the "you can't generalize everybody" card?

It should be a given that questions like this are asked in general terms, not in every-single-case terms. Virtually nothing is going to be true across the board in every single situation. Knowing that, it would be nice to see people stop picking these kinds of questions apart here and just answer them for a change.

Some of these questions are actually interesting.

Honestly, this is one I'd be interested in having a better understanding of since I don't see it all that often. I see black guys and white girls together all the time, but I rarely see the reverse situation.
 afashionlady
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/12/2008 1:30:09 AM
OK Raphael

Honest answer time. I responded before but here ya go.

Yes black women do like white men. And other ethnicities. Now, I won't speak for other women but let me tell you the things that cause some of us to NOT date white guys (since that's the question)

-I am NOT your social experiment. If you've never dated a black woman, that's ok. But it's NOT ok to tell me you've always heard stories about black women in bed and wonder if they're true.

--You approach me as if I will automatically be giving it up cause you ARE white. I could give 2 craps about your color. If you approach me as though it's a privilege on your end then uh no dice chief.

--You ASSume that because I date white, I am trying to "date up the social ladder". Right...because all white guys are rich and all black women aren't

As a black woman who's dated white men off and on for almost all of her adult life, that's just a small part of what I've seen/experienced. Some black women don't date white men because their own families will shun them--but oddly enough, black men aren't treated the same way (not always, I don't work with generalizations).

Or, even worse sometimes, you realize that the man you're dating is so worried about what his friends/family think that you never meet them. Playing hide the black girlfriend is so not amusing at all.

Raphael...it's there. It might be because of where you live, the people you hang out with, the places you hang out. But there are plenty of black women who do date white men. I know that for me, many of the places I go are color friendly. Heck, there's a part of town that I love where bikers, grandmas, families, gays, blacks, whites, everyone hangs out together with no issues. Your long hair and alt look would blend right in. Many times there are a lot of interracial couples there. I was there recently on a date and a younger black girl/white guy couple looked happy to notice us. The girl literally pointed--in a good way! For her, it might be a newer thing. For me, it's a part of who I am and not an issue.

Realize that where you are in your world dictates what you see in your world. I know you understand what I mean so I won't explain further.

Peace my man.
 WackMC
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/12/2008 1:46:40 AM

their own families will shun them--but oddly enough, black men aren't treated the same way (not always, I don't work with generalizations).

This is not a racial or ethnic disparity, it's a gender one. Women tend to be more connected to family and don't want to alienate them, so if they get upset, women stop the behavior that upsets family members.

Men have great confidence in their ability to survive and prosper without assistance. So if they upset family members, they can live without the support. They will simply go somewhere else to live where they don't have to hear the yelling.

So...it's not about family acceptance. Men generally just do what they want, regardless.
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/12/2008 2:40:33 AM

--You ASSume that because I date white, I am trying to "date up the social ladder". Right...because all white guys are rich and all black women aren't

See, it's interesting that you consider it dating up the social ladder. From what I've seen, it seems to be the opposite. In the hip hop generation, with so many white kids wanting to act black and so many black comics making fun of white people (not to mention what I said earlier about how common it seems for white women to date black guys but not so much the other way around), from a social standpoint, it would appear to me that black would be higher on the ladder than white at this point in time. It always seemed to me that white women who dated black men were dating up. My theory on why it didn't seem to be as common for black women and white men to be together was because black women probably didn't want to date down.

Realize that where you are in your world dictates what you see in your world.

That's very true. I guess I just figured I would have seen it more often if it was that common since I live in the fourth largest city in the country. Especially since there are more latinos and blacks here than whites.

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it.
 RedCassandra
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 3:54:58 AM

I really do love black girls. Looks and personality. But you dont see many white/ black couples.

Do most black girls only go for black guys?

Had any experience of this? know anyone whos in this sort of relationship.

Well, OP... thank you for sharing what you love.

But to answer your question:
No, there has NEVER been such a thing as inter-racial couple in the whole human history and there will never be one.

Why?
Because.

Any other intelligent questions?

afashionlady
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/12/2008 4:49:38 AM

See, it's interesting that you consider it dating up the social ladder.

No...I don't see it as dating up. There are a lot of black/white people who see it as such...let me explain...

Some people see black women as "dating up" because they may be more likely to find a white guy with better credit/house, etc. There are a lot of white men that want to date black women who hold the conception that they're a "better catch" because of their color. And that some black women will date a white man regardless of what he looks like/etc because he's white. I dated a guy like that--I realized he was thinking that when I saw his previous choices (pictures) and he made the comment of hoodrat. Yeah...I'm not one.

It always seemed to me that white women who dated black men were dating up

Uh no. Many people will consider a white woman who dates black men in a very negative way. Ask a white woman who routinely dates black men--some will tell you that they've been called some very ugly things.

That's very true. I guess I just figured I would have seen it more often if it was that common since I live in the fourth largest city in the country

But your stomping grounds may not take you to where "mixed" couples will hang out. Expand your horizons--and start looking harder. You'll see it.

And you're welcome. I may be rough on people at times but if asked, I can explain what I say and what I think!
 MystereDancer
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/12/2008 10:46:16 AM
In general I would say yes. there is an explosion of discussions about BW/WM couplings in the blogosphere. There are a number of forums( I belong to one) that caters specifically to WM/BW and our families, dating and single lives.

I guess it depends on where you live and socialize that will bring you into proximity of BW. That really is the issue, it's not if BW find WM attractive or date material, your proximity within a daily context will increase your chances of finding somoeone.

But of course, that's the general rule in dating anyway!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 11:06:19 AM

Or, even worse sometimes, you realize that the man you're dating is so worried about what his friends/family think that you never meet them. Playing hide the black girlfriend is so not amusing at all.

Funny....I don't consider myself any one thing, I am sort of mixed celtic on one side and "ethnic european" on the other...but when I was young it was black and white, meaning if you looked white you were white and if you looked off white to black you were considered black. I have dated mostly white just about my whole life - I assume growing up on my mothers side which is white, I just find it attractive cause I am more used to it...dunno, I never think race, I just date who I like.

I remember some interesting moments in my life, one of which was the 80's (good times, huh?) where I dated an Italian man who was about 11 years older than me when I was 18 (yeah it was a controversy in more ways than one), but we're hanging out and one day he stops and tells me he's crazy about me and would marry me in a minute but his family would disown him if he ever brought a "black chick" around. I remember vividly thinking - "huh?" I didn't even consider marriage then...but it was an odd comment. Ironically later on he did ask me to marry him several times and I didn't want to because of the age difference.

My mother and a friend of hers (both English white, which is whiter than normal white, lol) once sat me down in the house and gave me a lecture about dating all these white men and how I would be treated better by black men. The theory was if someone was lighter than me I'd get treated worse...and men who were darker than me would naturally worship me. In the end I think a fascimile of Will Smith would have been what they wanted for me as a husband. lol

Yes, OP - black women date white men....there are some cultural stigmas and area stuff that people deal with, but for the most part a race doesn't always find only their same race attractive. It's more about what they will do about it...and that varies greatly from person to person.

I realized he was thinking that when I saw his previous choices (pictures) and he made the comment of hoodrat. Yeah...I'm not one.

Oh my god, I haven't heard "hoodrat" since Skee-Lo's "I Wish" in the 90s afashionlady! Too funny! Brings back memories....
 TrinB
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/12/2008 11:25:19 AM
can we all just get along..?
his question is worded in a generalized fashion....that is why some are answering it as such...i think we all know...it is not as common as the "reverse"...BUT, there are men and women out there who actually "prefer" someone of a different race....some of the reasons are culturally and some are physical...i would go into detail but i'd have to clear my throat and i'm not done with my raisin bran...

i hate generalizations.....yuk!! i will say this though....the black women i see who are with or married to a white man are certainly not picking from the bottom of the barrell..do you think the beautiful sistas out there are gonna waste their time with a white guy who's a bum, and going nowhere....ya ok
 MissEmpress
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/12/2008 11:40:48 AM
Gee whiz, people. Can we make it through one thread without somebody pulling the "you can't generalize everybody" card?

It should be a given that questions like this are asked in general terms, not in every-single-case terms. Virtually nothing is going to be true across the board in every single situation. Knowing that, it would be nice to see people stop picking these kinds of questions apart here and just answer them for a change.

In certain cases we can ignore the generalization and perhaps give an answer.I completely feel you.

But that question, how it was phrased was ridic. Come on now. And if one was to answer it...the answer would be the OBVIOUS....that wouldn't take a genius to figure out "Some do.Some don't" the end. So might as well not answer if that is the answer.

Maybe if the question was something like why is it that alot of black women don't date white guys or something then you have a better place to start and it is a better question and one thinks f it differently and can give a more comprehensive answer but simply asking if black girls like white guys is a question that sets you up to be ignored or insulted.
 Rough and Rawdy
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/12/2008 1:36:37 PM
Well...you do live in England !

It's not a place known for diversity and racial harmony...so I can believe that most Black Women are'nt craving the idea of dating White Men !

However there is alway's some that may be looking for someone like you.
 Obsidian71
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/12/2008 2:24:05 PM
Here in the USA things are a bit different for various reasons but one that hasn't been explored is this.

Historically, the foundation of the black family was bedrocked with the mother. The father could disappear
for whatever reason yet that family was going to stay intact and strong. Black women have been imbued with
more of a leadership mentality than most other women. Is there any wonder there are more black women in
college than black men? Not for those of use raised by deterministic black women.

Juxtapose that with the typical white family. It seemed to me that in two parent households the father was
the foundation though the mother wasn't totally subordinate. The family depended more on the father than
the mother in my experience.

Now if we're to take this and extrapolate it the relationship dynamics between white males and black females
could be considered a more difficult union statistically speaking. If the white male grew up in a family with the
father as the bedrock he's going to be a bit shocked when his black mate wants to usurp more control than he
expected (though she is only emulating the power and status that her mother had) .

Thus you will find better odds dating a black woman who may not have grown up under these circumstances
easier but a far many of them have and like afashionlady they will generally not capitulate or cater to primadonna
complex in males.

Though keep up the good fight. A great woman regardless of color is a rare gem. She'll arrive when the time is right.

O
 veruca_bueller
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/12/2008 2:34:30 PM
Personally, I am more attracted to white guys and as far as I can remember I always have been. I find that it's rare for me to have anything in common with black guys (other than skin colour .)

Where I was raised, (Toronto) I was surrounded by people of all races and saw interracial couples of many backgrounds all the time and I still do now. That's partly why I have no qualms about dating outside my race. It's pretty much accepted here.

I do share the same thoughts though with afashionlady on this point when it comes to me being in relationships with a white guy.

-I am NOT your social experiment. If you've never dated a black woman, that's ok. But it's NOT ok to tell me you've always heard stories about black women in bed and wonder if they're true.
 chrispickles
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/12/2008 4:15:04 PM
wow how strange. another black and white topic in this world.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 4:53:16 PM
Obsidian71 - great post...

Obsidian's a black man I'd date in a second. Handsome, sure but his intelligence makes him extremely hot!

THAT's a quality I can respond to in any race or culture.
 piscescoda
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/12/2008 8:37:59 PM

Some of these questions are actually interesting.
No, they really aren't. Asking do [whole group of people] like [whole group of people]? and Why don't [whole group of people] like [whole group of people]? is old and annoying; and common sense would tell you individuals like what they like. There will always be someone who likes you and someone who doesn't.
We should just delete every other thread asking the same generic question and fill in the sections with [black/white/hispanic/women/men/demented/retarded/crippled/handicapped/blind/deaf/nonsmokers/smokers/those without cars/those who are scared of scary movies/those that wet the bed/those that live in their parents basements/short/tall/fat/skinny/redheads/blondes/brunettes/longhaired/shorthaired/etc.]
Because every answer applies to every single one of these threads.

Not to mention, if a [black/white/hispanic/woman/man/demented/retarded/crippled/handicapped/blind/deaf/nonsmoker/smoker/thosewithoutcars/thosescaredofscarymovies/thosethatwetthebed/thosethatliveintheirparentsbasement/short/tall/fat/skinny/redhead/blonde/brunette/longhaired/shorthaired/etc] rejected you its because they didn't like you. Not for any other reason.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do black girls like white guys?