Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > A Good Women-What do men really mean      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladyofmeans
Msg: 1
view profile
History
A Good Women-What do men really mean Page 1 of 1    
Okay gentlemen help me out I have a serious question. What do men really mean when they say they want a good women? I consider myself a good women. But as of today I remain single. What is the problem. Is it with me. I am a single carrer oriented women, well educated, semi attractive, finanically independent, with a pleasant personaility and other various attributes. My requirements for gentlemen in my life are pretty basic, I want a gentlemen, who can handle his own. I don't want a man to take care of me, I can take care me, I just need him to be able to take care of himself.

This is not a self pity line, I just want to gain a better understanding of what men want.
 FAPhoenix
Msg: 2
A Good Women-What do men really mean
Posted: 9/17/2008 4:24:48 PM
Well I have no idea about what makes a 'good woman' - although you seem to meet the criteria. Good is vague and relative. Have you tried contacting guys you think are good matches for you.

Seems to me a lot of 'good' guys are also shy so they might not want to make the first move in case they seem presumptuous.

Good luck :)
 Strickalator
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/17/2008 4:27:12 PM
Well here is what I want in a woman. But alas not all men want the same thing. But this I think is the woman who I could be happy with.

A Wife of Noble Character

Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?
She is more precious than rubies.
Her husband can trust her,
and she will greatly enrich his life.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
She finds wool and flax
and busily spins it.
She is like a merchant’s ship,
bringing her food from afar.
She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household
and plan the day’s work for her servant girls.

She goes to inspect a field and buys it;
with her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She is energetic and strong,
a hard worker.
She makes sure her dealings are profitable;
her lamp burns late into the night.

Her hands are busy spinning thread,
her fingers twisting fiber.
She extends a helping hand to the poor
and opens her arms to the needy.
She has no fear of winter for her household,
for everyone has warm[c] clothes.

She makes her own bedspreads.
She dresses in fine linen and purple gowns.
Her husband is well known at the city gates,
where he sits with the other civic leaders.
She makes belted linen garments
and sashes to sell to the merchants.

She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and she laughs without fear of the future.
When she speaks, her words are wise,
and she gives instructions with kindness.
She carefully watches everything in her household
and suffers nothing from laziness.

Her children stand and bless her.
Her husband praises her:
“There are many virtuous and capable women in the world,
but you surpass them all!”

Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;
but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
Reward her for all she has done.
Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.
 Blueeyedbaldman
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/17/2008 4:34:52 PM

. What do men really mean when they say they want a good women?

To me a good woman is one with high morals, integrity, caring, loving, great sense of humor, honest, and understands what the words love and monogamous are. Hey! A man can dream right?
 MizQ
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/17/2008 4:35:31 PM

To me a good woman is one with high morals, integrity, caring, loving, great sense of humor, honest, and understands what the words love and monogamous are.

Well, hot damn! I am a "good woman"
 1DimensionalMan
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/17/2008 4:35:39 PM
It is different for every guy-and individual type of thing-you should ask what they mean or get to know them-if you are happy with yourself then you should look for someone who thinks you are a good person
 Blueeyedbaldman
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/17/2008 4:45:00 PM
Well, hot damn! I am a "good woman"

I'm sure you are. And you are also 3000 miles away from me like most of the good women lol.
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 4:47:11 PM
They want someone who is just like their mom
 pirateheaven
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 4:50:07 PM
A short list.....

1) loyal
2) supportive
3) has good manners
4) has chemistry
5) has good common sense
6) Is a lady in the drawing room and a tiger in the bedroom
 OldFashndMntMan
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/17/2008 5:07:25 PM

To me a good woman is one with high morals, integrity, caring, loving, great sense of humor, honest, and understands what the words love and monogamous are.

To me these are pretty much all what I would call assumed givens. They are generally values IMO, whereas from my reading of the post I got the impression it was directed more toward a personality. Could be wrong! lol

Here is what I look for ina woman OP.

1. Like minded in ideology. examples: pro gun, small unintrusive government, ____,______, and in order to avoid a major ruckus, I will allow you to guess at the rest.

2. This is related to the first one, but will tend to expand upon the subject, oldfashioned.

3. Low maintenance, very little if any make-up generally speaking.

4. Should believe what she believes with passion.

5. At least minimal interest in the outdoors.

Best wishes

OFMM
 Hawk 027
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/17/2008 5:11:47 PM
LeaveMeBe: One could make the same shortsighted generalization, by saying that a girl who wants a 'good man' only wants someone like her dad.

The concept of 'good' is subject to personal opinion and viewpoint, and varies wildly between each individual. For the most part... it consists of the same tired adjectives such as 'honest', 'caring', 'fun to be around'... etc. etc. etc. A guy saying they want a 'good woman', is really very similar to a woman saying she wants a 'good man'. Much of the same adjectives apply. But of course, this is subject to a vast array of personal preferences. Usually it's a catch-all term for what they would like to see in someone, without personally feeling that they need to go into further detail.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 5:25:28 PM
Post number 8, some of us DO NOT want women like our mothers. My mother is on hubby number 4. I am glad i did not follow in her footsteps.

Besides, i could not afford to be married and divorced that many times. Nor do i want all the drama that goes along with it.

I guess i must have lost something in translation somewhere along the way.
 SRGrosse
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 5:39:59 PM
You'll get as many different answers on what a guy wants as there are guys. A 'good woman' is as ambiguous a description as a 'good man'. Everyone has their own idea on the subject.

That being said, while men will often look for a good woman, they also look for more than that. Just looking at your profile, I see several things that will turn some men off. Some men are uncomfortable dating someone who has been divorced in the past. Many are less than comfortable to date someone with children. You may be older than what some men are looking for. And for some, you might just not be their type.

On top of all that, you have to consider that what you consider to be a good woman might be different from what the guy considers to be a good woman. To give an example, my idea of a 'good woman' has nothing to do with their education, financial independence, or career.

Another thing to consider is that you might simply be going after the wrong guys.
 nickolysseus
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 5:50:39 PM
Re the Opost

A "good" woman is a "bad" one.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 5:58:33 PM
Every answer you get will be specific to that individual (man). So you'll never get a one-size-fits-all-answer that will encompass what every man wants.

When you find a man you're interested in, then ask him, that's the answer that will matter.
 pandamoose
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/17/2008 6:20:50 PM
Generally, men want a woman that's not really bad in any aspect. It doesn't matter if you're amazingly good looking or intelligent. That's all great and attractive to a man, but you could be great in every aspect save for one, and be horrible in that one, and you'll ruin the "good woman" concept that the men want. Take this example woman:

Beautiful woman, with a very balanced figure (nice sized breasts and butt, and not too fat or skinny)
Very intelligent and can hold good conversations
Good at cooking, and is pretty self-inspired to keep the house clean
enjoys doing all the things you like to do
Is very strong willed and controlling, and always wants things done her way.

While everything else is very perfect, it's not a very good woman.

Consider this second example:

Average looking woman, not the most attractive or the best figure, but not bad either
Intelligent enough to speak in a manner that's understandable
Not an amazing cook, but gets the job done
gets a bit messy, but once in a while will go on a cleaning spree to clean up the whole house
shares some similar interests
is very flexible and negotiable. She likes to hear your opinion and come up with a plan together.

Most guys would go for the second example. It's a great example of a well-rounded average girl that's easy to get along with.
 Invictus01
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/17/2008 6:21:37 PM
If I knew what I'm looking for, I'd tell you.
 MasterGardner
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/17/2008 6:25:06 PM
What do men really want?
Every man is different, so I can only say what I want.
1. Respect
2. Some sense of Morality
3. Support (not monetarily)
4. The same intellect (some Post-secondary education would be nice)
5. Some religion --for me Protestant
6. Good sense of humor
7. Confidence without arrogance
8. Romantic
9. Ambitious
10. I wish Sarah Palin was Single-- dammit
11. A partner in Love and Life
12. Honesty without negativity
13. Well read. well spoken
14. Healthy and Fit
15. And a signed and notarized Sexnup that includes sex 3 times a day minimum

As far as I know this is what women want>>> All women want to be wanted whether or not they want you---- but they still want you to want them - - - lol
Hope this helped some............

As for the lady who said that men wanted someone like their Mother --- I hope you were joking if not ---- this could very well be the reason you are still single!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 6:34:40 PM

They mean they want a woman with integrity.

I know you're not looking over my shoulder, reading my notes...haha. I do agree...TOTALLY! And with

Integrity is a word that encompasses most of the qualities, characteristics (there is attraction...too...that's another 83,826 threads!! haha)

Integrity...one of my personal "favorite words" because it says more in one word than most. Great post!
 Plastic Sturgeon
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/17/2008 6:35:56 PM
A good Woman?

Flexible
A Giving Type Personality
Unstructured
Good Attitude
No hidden Motives , Agendas or Relationship Time Schedules
Confident and Secure
Integrity means not changing what was mutually agreed upon!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > A Good Women-What do men really mean