Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What does it mean when she says she will call, but doesn't?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RaleighRider121
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What does it mean when she says she will call, but doesn't?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Well, I'm in a relationship with a girl right now, and earlier tonight, she said she'd call, but didn't. This is, like, the 2nd or 3rd time she's said she would call, but didn't. I was just wondering what this could indicate. I love her very much (Even though we've never met yet, not saying we've not tried), and sometimes I just get this feeling that she's trying to find someone more local.

I will admit, I've been trying the same thing, but only for friends. I want to do all I can to make this relationship work out. Unfortunately, I don't check the forums all that often, so I'd appreciate advice sent to my inbox. If not my inbox, then feel free to post here.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Oh, and advice from a girl would be appreciated, but I'd take any advice I can get.

Thanks,

James G. E*******
 Coastergal
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What does it mean when she says she will call, but doesn't?
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:25:33 PM
Let's C.....
It could mean she's busy
It could mean she's not as into you as ur into her
It could mean her phone died

You're in a RELATIONSHIP with a girl you've NEVER met... and you LOVE HER very much? Wowza!

You could meet eachother and FEEL absolutely NOTHING!!!!
 christi66
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:27:11 PM
SIGH .. kiddo when I looked at your profile I was not shocked that your only 20 ...
1. How can you be in a serious relationship when you have not even met ?
2. don't tie yourself down to one person until you have met face to face and even seen if you guys click.

3. what do i think it means ? that shes probably out doing what you should be doing having fun in your younger years and not tying yourself down to a person online you have not even met
 RaleighRider121
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:29:18 PM
Well, I try to go out and have fun. christi66, but the town I'm living in is my Hometown. They've got me pigeonholed into thinking I'm a bad kid, and/or a narc. That's why I can't exactly go around and hang out.

Perhaps I'm just having an insecure phase?
 Pink Rose Lady
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:31:05 PM
It means exactly the same thing when a guy says he'll call, but somehow he just never gets around to it, and next thing you know? Gee, it's been a whole week already, so forget about it, seriously.

And you might try posting a flattering pic of yourself on here, not one that looks like you're tying to shove a blue marshmallow up your nose with your eyes closed!!! For crying out loud.

Pink
 Wildman46
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:32:30 PM
Op I'm sorry to say you're not in a relationship. what you have with this woman is a internet friendship. Don't spend your time falling in love with someone you have never met. Get from behind your computer and go meet a girl in real life.
good luck to you.
 Thunderstorms62
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:33:21 PM
I love her very much (Even though we've never met yet, not saying we've not tried), and sometimes I just get this feeling that she's trying to find someone more local.

You are in love and you haven't met yet?
Are you sure this is a relationship?
How much have you been drinking tonight?
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:41:06 PM
What does it mean? It means that brother, it is time to push your chair away from the computer. Stand up and go outside into the real world brother. You are far to wrapped up in a dream world that is the internet.
I won't insult you or degrade you. But my friend, you need to shake your head and start to live your real life. You are actually upset because your internet girlfriend is not as responsive as you want her to be!!
I am guessing that you feel that you are in love with her because no one else in the world seems interested. You can change that for yourself, friend. But it all starts AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!

What should you do? Go out and join a team. That Frisbee league accepts anyone. You do not have to be an athlete. Heck I am thinking of joining myself.Take an improve class. Just get yourself out there among real people.

God Bless.
 RaleighRider121
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:47:31 PM
Firstly, thank you for your help, everyone. To canam miles, I love your enthusiasm with your help. It's the kind of thing I need. lol

I will admit, I'm fused to the internet, but I would go out and try to have fun if I could. I'm half tempted to go down to the bar, find a girl, and start flirting with her and everything. Stepping out of my comfort zone, and try to actually be who I want to be. Because, honestly man, I don't even know who I am really.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!
 lil red corvette
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:48:11 PM
on this site , one month,in love,never met,she doesn't call, she isn't local....
oh that's right .... you're 20...... ahh.... to be young and oblivious.....

Find a girl locally....
 cortchubby
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:58:54 PM
What it means pal is you got shafted by a pretty face and a nice butt or rack looking for a free meal or a few free drinks. Hey screw her find another one. There are plenty out here JUST LIKE THAT. If youre looking for a REAL woman that ISNT on games let me know if you find it out here as most are looking for you to pay the mortgage,be the new baby daddy,or buy them things based on a promise of 'bed time'.Trust me when I tell you when they leave by all means let them.Dont you EVER beg a woman. That incapacitates any power they think that they have over you. got it? good now pick yourself up off the ground dust yourself off bunkie and get back on the horse and RIDE my Brother RIDE.
 cuddles1961
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:59:35 PM
It means the same thing as when guys say they will call and they never do....shes just not that into you because if she was she would find the time.
 Ron9
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/20/2008 9:03:04 PM
OP .... you know the answer already.

You are not important to her.

Just face the fact and move on.
 Pokeysrevenge
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/20/2008 9:04:52 PM
Are you sure you even know what love is?

Stop being paranoid about her not calling, because it will affect the 'relationship'.
 cortchubby
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/20/2008 9:08:21 PM
Dude,
Not trying to hurt your fragile feelings or anything here but:

A: You NEVER MET THIS WOMAN.How do you know youre not being set up by the Police in a sting for sexual predators.(They do it all the time out here)
B: How do you know its even a woman? Did you talk to her on the phone and did she call you "unblocked" or blocked.
C: Youre in "love" with her? What are you OUT OF YOUR FREAKIN MIND?
GET A CLUE..97% of the people in rooms like this are FAKES,SCAMMERS,OR purporting themselves as something they are not.(IE Man with a Female Profile)
Do you have any idea how EASY a PREY you are making yourself for people like this?
I have PERSONALLY arrested over 38 people doing just that. Play off like they are the woman looking for a man lure the poor horny slob into an abandonned building and BANG youre dead. Unless she has given you something YOU CAN VERIFY THAT IS ACTUALLY HER,you are better off alone in the bathroom with a picture and some hand creme.
D: She is PLAYING A GAME WITH YOU. Women like this(or people like this) seem to think its a game and youu are a pawn in it. For Christ Sake man WAKE UP and protect yourself.
Now youre not an ugly guy. A little on the Computer Geeky side but NOT an ugly guy. Im sure that there are plenty of women in youre area that would love to be with you if you would get out from behind the PC and mingle a little. Unless you are in fact a narc then to hell with you. Tricks are for kids Get a clue and GROW UP SPANKY.

Blunt is best. Im smoking one now
 Heptone
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/20/2008 9:54:31 PM
Saying you love her and you've never met and saying she promises to call and doesn't are flip sides of the same coin. You've leaned way too far over and she doesn't really need someone off balanced. Given all that it seem nearly impossible for you to convince her at this point that you have a spleen or a spine or anything in between.
But, that's exactly what you have to do.
There's an old trick on dates where the man sends his food back to the kitchen at a restaurant, not because he isn't satisfied with the meal, but because he wants to show his girlfriend that his cohones are made out of brass. You got a lot of work cut out for you if you want to go that route, cause you've already let this woman off the hook twice.
The only woman who ever cheated on me stood me up twice when I asked her to diner at my place. I forgave her those indiscretions. It's hard to say, well, it's my fault she cheated on me cause I'm a nice guy. This woman cheated on the next guy and presumably a long string of guys. But, I'll tell you what: She wouldn't have cheated on me if, when she stood me up for diner the first time, I told her I deserved better and gave her the boot.
This is overkill for an answer, but it doesn't take away from my point: This woman of yours is going to walk on your balls, dude, cause they're dragging on the floor.
 rune3
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/20/2008 9:58:32 PM
It means that when she says she'll call, you can't take it to mean that she will.
Adjust your expectations based on your experience.
If it bothers you, talk with her about it. Some people just say stuff without thinking and mean nothing by it. For example, "see you later" means exactly the same as "bye" to most young people here.
 FishOwl
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/20/2008 10:06:23 PM
You aren't important enough to her for her to bother with.

Next!!!!
 ~AShootingStar~
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/20/2008 10:14:12 PM
It simply means she didn't want to call You?
was it necessary to really ask this silly question?
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/21/2008 11:04:42 AM
Means the same thing it means when guys do it.

not interested.
 mark4108
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/21/2008 9:15:44 PM
You know what that means! You just don't want to belive it. Do not take advice from a woman! I love women and respect women but, some things should remain between guys. I want to ask you: Why the hell are you falling in love with women that you've never met.? You have to trust your instincs! She doesn't call, she doesn't want. Simple rule to live by. Also, what you call a relationship is not a relationship. Grow a pair!! If you didn't like a woman that much, do you think you yourself might forget to call.?
 SteveinHP
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 9:21:15 PM
Wait a minute....You are in love with her, but you have never met? DO you know what love is? What kind of relationship is this? Talks on the phone? Emails?

That is not a relationship. If you were in a relationship you would have found a way to meet. You are basing your feeling on hope, not love....

SHe does not call because it is not a real relationship..it is some kind of fantasy.

She did not call because she is probably out with someone else.
 UrsulaMajor
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/21/2008 9:39:09 PM
Because she is not as into you as you are to her.
 guyinacorner
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/22/2008 9:56:10 AM
it means she doesnt like you so much.
your an after thought.
something to occupy herself with when nothing else is availiable
 celts123
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/22/2008 11:12:11 AM
It means that she isn't interested especially since this has happened more than once. This happened to many people on the internet. One time I asked a woman out after some phone & email conversations. She claimed that she was busy that weekend. But we could hang out another time. I called her a few days later. She sent me a text message stating that she would call me back. I never heard from her again. The bottom line is this. In many cases, what people say and what people actually do are 2 different things. Some people simply don't have the courtesy or courage to tell the other person that they aren't interested.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What does it mean when she says she will call, but doesn't?