Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Has anybody heard of My Yearbook      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dwinottawa
Msg: 1
Has anybody heard of My YearbookPage 1 of 1    
I received an email from My Yearbook that I have been added as a friend by someone who will remain anonymous I Googled it, and all I have managed to find out is that is outgrowing MySpace, and apparently was started up by some teenagers in the State, and it seems to be geared to teenagers. The person who added me is definitely not a teenager. I have asked my neices and nephews, as well as my daughter and son, and they have never heard about it. So at this point I am assuming it is a website like Face Book or My Space. I am asking you guys if you have heard about it, and if you have, what you know about. It's not like I need anymore chatting places, and I don't imagine I'm going to accept the invite. But if I do, I would like a more informed decision. I'm still rather shocked that this person added me as a friend in the first place, as we have not talked in quite awhile now, so at this point I would rather not ask him about it, but get feedback from you guys on the forum.
 My I
Msg: 2
Has anybody heard of My Yearbook
Posted: 9/21/2008 10:25:35 PM
There are many ways you can interpret what is meant by "outgrowing". Being a new site (apparently) it seems a lot of people like to join in because it's something new. So, as a newcomer to the web social sites it may be expanding at a fast rate in comparison to those sites already established with millions of members. The true tale of growth in comparison to Facebook, etc., is when/if Yearbook reaches the same membership population. Once it catches up to Facebook then comparisons can be made in a more relatistic way.

I've not heard about Yearbook but, at the same time, I'm listed with enough sites for now. If my friends move... I'll move..... as long as they pay for the U-haul.
 Lilbitcountry64
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2008 6:20:55 AM
I haven't heard of that one yet ... I'm sure I will soon, my niece sends me an invitation to every social site out there. I'll stick with Facebook (which I reluctantly joined because none of my friends checked their regular email anymore) and this one of course. We're very social on here!

P.S. My I when are you coming up this way again? We've been missing you!
 english lass
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/22/2008 6:54:43 AM
if it's what i'm thinking of, i believe it to be a fun application where you can upload a photo of yourself and get an older yearbook type photo of it - with sixties/etc hairdo's, clothing, glasses etc

i did something like that on myspace in one of the groups... made for some funny pic's
 GebusKhris
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/22/2008 1:19:30 PM
My Yearbook is similar to Face Book and My Space but geared towards a younger audience. I know of a few people who are on it and basically its kind of a "who's more _________ than this person" you can add friends and comment on pictures but for the most part its about the "battles" that they have online
 english lass
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/22/2008 1:24:55 PM
ahhh, okay... so not what i was thinking about at all, lol

well, whatever the application really was called... it was fun....

dwinottawa
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/22/2008 7:32:32 PM
Well, I haven't figured out yet exactly what My Yearbook is, and now I am wondering if perhaps when someone signs up with these sites, if perhaps they somehow allow that website to get ahold of their email contacts. Tonight I have received another invitation to another site from someone I have not talked to in two months. To me it's just too weird. Two guys I'm no longer in contact with, and two invites to two different websites as "a friend". Mind you, the parting of ways was not nasty, just a mutual lack of interest in pursuing anything. But still....coincidence or what??
 Gypsy Cat
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/23/2008 6:01:34 AM
I've had a account on Yearbook for about 3 years...it is similar to Myspace but with almost the same applications you find on Facebook...you can have alot of fun with it
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Has anybody heard of My Yearbook