Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you kill your emotions?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sydneyricky
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How do you kill your emotions?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I'm curious as to how people kill their emotions once they have broken up with someone or have been rejected by someone? I struggle to get over my attraction for the person and was wondering how others have dealt with their emotions?
 psssst
Msg: 2
How do you kill your emotions?
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:09:32 PM
People who kill their emotions become lost eventually.

I cherish the times I fell in love and realize that those experiences have made me the person I am today... and I like who I am...
 hola88
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:15:03 PM
Don't you just keep busy and hope that when the time is right you will be asked out when you are ready?
 harmonyharvest
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:27:07 PM
Kill your emotions. I say don't--let them be. Cry it out, Laugh it out, Tough it out :)

Emotions are apart of you and you do not want to take that part of you away, it may be tough but you need to let yourself go through the motions. Although, make sure you don't fall into a deep dark depression...get out and play or go for a hike before you get this far

Hope you are well...have not emailed you in awhile my friend

Ms Brat
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:27:11 PM
Time heals all wounds
Just give yourself time and lots of distance and live your life productively. Keep your goals and stick with them. Emotions will fade. HOPEFULLY.
 whatever0001
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:27:34 PM
If it's someone who truly touched your heart it's never easy to get over them. Time seems to soften the hurt, but in some cases it can linger , long after the person is gone. And at the most unexpected moments those feelings just over take you. I have found the best thing is to stay busy, and seek the comfort of good friends....
I have always thought that our past shapes us in many ways, but we shouldn't let the hurts and disappointment define us.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:28:17 PM
It takes time.. but you have to learn to:
1) Forgive yourself.. cause you're probably blaming yourself, telling yourself things like if "I'd only done this, or.. I'd only done that" which makes you think you've done something wrong.. well forgive yourself for any real or percieved errors you made

2) Forgive the person who didn't want the relationship to continue.. You loved them at one time, you have to forgive them for not realizing how wonderful a person you are. Believe you are wonderful, because you are.

3) Ride out the pain... eventually it gets less intense., do things that make you happy, keep yourself busy .. take sometime to just ride through it and figure out what you learned from the relationship. Everyday is one step closer to feeling whole again.

Kill your emotions, Op? That's not healthy to your psyche.. and I think anyone who can actually do that is sociopathic.

Best
~ Wishes ~
 carolann0308
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:28:51 PM
You don't kill your emotions, you heal and move on. Then 6 months later you make fun of them and their new boyfriend.
 IceKrystals
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:30:12 PM
I just turned them off I found it easy to do to be honest.
I've found it a lot harder to turn them back on.
(People who kill their emotions become lost eventually) I'm not lost, I'm a lot clearer with what I want, what my needs are now that stupid emotions are not clouding my judgement.
 blueyes1317
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:31:18 PM
If you think people can actually do it? I beg to differ!
Even if they are very cold hearted, in appearance, deep inside they do have a bit of remorse for what has happened. They just move on to the next relationship, to get over the past one.
And sites like this, can make it much easier to fill the void.( Per-say)
For everyone lost, there is another coming up the rear...lol
Wish you the best...:)
 P.E.T.A.
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:38:41 PM
Listen to Better in Time by Leona Lewis--until you 'get it'. It is all about accepting and letting go.....
 pluger60
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:57:07 PM
op
You don't kill your emotions, you live & learn. Your emotions are what make you,YOU
Blessings always, be safe
hugs always
 Ron9
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:04:26 PM
I will survive - Gloria Gaynor

Put that in your iPod - turn the volume to max. Listen to it 38 times each day for 27 days.
 sydneyricky
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:08:07 PM
"Kill" is a metaphor for the struggle that one feels when they are emotionally attracted to someone they can no longer be with because of a breakup, divorce, rejection, death, long-distance, etc. I know it's not healthy to literally "kill" one's emotions. It's also not healthy to keep liking someone you know that you can't be with. There lies the tension and the reason for the post.
 eddy02
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:28:19 PM
We all seem to want what we can't have...

Solution: Find someone else that means the same to you or more.

The passing of time helps.

Find another focus such as work.

Move forward-don't look back except to learn.
 BrownEyedBrooke
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:37:05 PM
I don't. You have to go thru the pain because it will teach you a lot . Keep remembering that you have to face the bad or you won't appreciate the good.
 SueisWho
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:42:13 PM
Do you wish to keep on "killing your emotions" over and over? Then you find ways to get over it.....how are you going to fill the void? Only you can answer that question. :)
 chesher 38
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:42:21 PM
You can NEVER KILL YOUR EMOTIONS, but you can divert them with Diversion and RESEARCH is great for this, pick smoething anythig and learn all you can about it, you may find a new vocation that pays better, get out and meet new people...

By doing this you will have diverted your emotions, they are far from dead, you are just into something else, it is not wise to dwell on a moot issue...
 whatsallthis
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:42:29 PM
You don't have to kill them. Get screwed around with enough and after while your self- defense mechanisms kick in and you just go emotionally numb and don't give a sh*t about anything anymore.
 m3lt
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:45:08 PM
You kill your emotions and you will never be able to love again. So dont do it.
 Shari67
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:50:37 PM
When you figure it out, pass the information this way
 Sheeshell
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:51:32 PM
a little cuervo, a little
 ladyc4
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:58:06 PM

I will survive - Gloria Gaynor

Put that in your iPod - turn the volume to max. Listen to it 38 times each day for 27 days.

And at the end of those 27 days your emotions may not be killed but your brain cells surely will be
naw OP, you do not want to kill your emotions...how will you ever feel anything again if your emotions are dead?

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, keep telling yourself that it wasn't meant to be,that things will work out for the best.
Cindy O
 *charger*girl*
Msg: 24
How do you "kill" your emotions?
Posted: 9/25/2008 2:01:03 PM
Wow, you got it bad.
Start working on those affirmations now.
Don't feed into your own pity party.(Not for to long)
Don't fantasies about what could of, or what will be...
Don't mess with your head, its pathetic.

Go out there meet people. Get in tuned with yourself.
Do some of the stuff you wished you were doin, when you were 2gether.

Write down some memorable moments good /bad.
You can see the silver lining after you read some of the differences, never resolved.
You probably knew it was coming, if your honest enough.
Dr. Daniella.
 KountMacula
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/25/2008 2:01:52 PM
I don't really think any "real" emotion can be killed. If someone appears to have done so, I think they're either trying to hide thier emotions so they don't show. Or, the emotions they had weren't that strong to start off with in the first place.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you kill your emotions?