Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > WHY MARRIED EX BOYFRIENDS SEND U TEXT MESSAGES      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pretty Young Thing
Msg: 1
WHY MARRIED EX BOYFRIENDS SEND U TEXT MESSAGESPage 1 of 1    
i need some advice. my ex just got married 2 months ago but he is still texting me. what in the world does that mean????????

we were 2gether 4 9months off an on. but the last time we broke up- 1st he stop calling me then he finally sent me a text message saying that i was cheating, the relationship did not benefit us and that i did not want the relationship. a week after we broke up he sent me a text message saying "just wanna say hey". he would sent me the same text message 4 about a yr now off an on. one day he got enough balls an called me at work just to say hello at this point i told him don't call me anymore. he never called again but he would sent a text every once n a while. to make matters worst we work 2gether but on different shifts. i only see him sometimes i try to avoid him as much as possible.

- so why is he still trying 2 contact me?
-does he still want me or just wanna ****?
-is he gonna cheat on his wife?
-does he love her?
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 2
view profile
History
WHY MARRIED EX BOYFRIENDS SEND U TEXT MESSAGES
Posted: 9/27/2008 3:20:34 AM
I think since your asking yourself these questions he has acomplished his intensions. Its obvious he is cheating on his wife even if he never sees you. He committed to this other women and is texting you at the same time he started getting involved with someone else. You should have a block against his phone number to prevent yourself from recieving any messages from this type of person. Why allow yourself to wonder now it doesnt change anything but keeps yourself from finding someone special out there meant for you. To be looking outside of a relationship means he doesnt respect the relatiionship he puts himself in, that requires professional intervention. You were right not to take his calls but do yourself a favor and either change numbers or put a block on your line so you wont know of his wayward behavior.
 lovelymisfit
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/27/2008 3:59:40 AM
Hiya OP

Im not a guy...but I have had this happen to me too.
My ex got married years and years ago and he still rings me every year.....sometimes 2 or 3 times a year. I couldnt work out why.......so I asked the best person I knew..... My Mum.. She says its one of two things...
One....you were his first love and he just doesnt ever want to lose contact over the years......maybe when we are 80 we might get together again!!
two....He is after sex........yes......SEX.....thats all......just want to keep their options open if the need to backtrack some time.
Good Luck
Move on......and have a fab life.
 psssst
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/27/2008 4:11:05 AM
OP...

Caps lock key... left side of keyboard... third from the bottom.

Use it.

As for your question... there's nothing wrong with maintaining a friendship with someone you were previously, involved with romantically. Whenever possible I retain friendships because I remember that there was something about the person that inspired my love and caring. Even without the romantic relationship, the caring and love is still there...
 mjollnir73
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/27/2008 5:00:25 AM
Psssst: I don't think the new person in the ex's life would approve. It's just a recipe for trust issues.

Can you block his phone number? That would be the question I'd ask instead.
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/27/2008 5:10:04 AM
The best thing you can do is to completely ignore all his calls,txts,etc............

He's obviously trying to stay in touch with you for a reason & i doubt its honourable...........
 caesar0002
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/27/2008 6:32:14 AM
BECAUSE HE WANTS IT ALL. aND DONT LET HER TELL YOU HOW TO USE YOUR OWN KEYBOARD. If he married you he'd be texting her.
 wannashakeyourtree
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/27/2008 7:36:25 AM
he's a man who clearly knows he has influence over you. That's a very powerful feeling to men. He may not have as much influence over his new wife...especially if she went all bridezilla on him as recent as a couple months ago.

End all contact and go find a good man. Don't waste one more second of your life on it.
 tarwater
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/27/2008 1:49:12 PM
There's nothing wrong in maintaining contact with an ex. Some of my closest friends are actually exes and a few of them are now married. We interact socially and all it is at this point is friendship.

What you're dealing with, however, is something completely different. You've stated that you try to avoid him as much as possible and that you've told him to not call you anymore and he's still insisting on contacting you. If you've made it clear to him that you want him to leave you alone, what he's doing now is tantamount to harassment. I agree with the other poster who suggested blocking his number and I suggest that you express to him once and for all that you want nothing more to do with him. Period.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2008 4:26:34 PM
Guy translator on.
Your answers below:

- so why is he still trying 2 contact me?
you know why.

-does he still want me or just wanna ****?
just wanna

-is he gonna cheat on his wife?
yes. affirmative.

-does he love her?
nope.
 bk0x45
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2008 10:01:24 PM
OP: Isn't it obvious? He wants to have sex with you and not call you his girlfriend.

Or maybe he just wants to mess with your head.

It could even be something else, but those are the likeliest explanations.
 Pretty Young Thing
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/28/2008 2:40:29 AM
WHY GET MARRIED IF U STILL WANNA CALL, TEXT OR F##K UR EX?
 caesar0002
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/28/2008 5:30:50 AM
He probably got married and texts you to tell you to call me. Since he's married he wants you to have a nice guy like me.
 BelleAndTheBeast
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/28/2008 11:11:41 AM
He is ERM, translated Emotionally Retard Manboys.

He is keeping his options open for a booty call, and he can keep those open for as long as you let him.
Keeping in touch with exes might be OK for some and as much as we tried to tell ourselves that we are just friends......BS..... there is no friendship with an ex, really. The wasy I see it is if one is willing to stay friends, the reason is to keep it open ended, in case they don't find anything else and still have a chance to return to their ex. Scummy as far I see it, no values and no morals for oneself if that is how they are willing to treat themselves and the other person (who at one point you might've said "I love you" to). With that said, when someone is willing to treat you as second best, he is not worth even a text message, because there are so many great men out there, but when you are hang up on someone that seems to be wonderful (on the surface), you can't notice the men who are worth your time.

Don't tell him not to contact you, just simply and obviously ignore him, talk and flirt with other guys, let him know in action you are not interested in his shananigans, eventually he will stop, hopefully. Guys are like dogs, especially the scummy ones, the more you tell them in words you are not interested, the more they insist, thinking you are playing a flirting game with them....unless that is what you really want....if not just ignore him.....politely with class.
 lookingLTR
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/28/2008 2:48:07 PM
he is married, he is bored, he wants to ring the old door bell, take that to the bank.

forward the texts or calls to his wife.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2008 4:44:24 PM
Why... why do you women waste so much time thinking about why guys do this???
Just ignore the blighter and get on with you life. It's no good, I tell ya... No good!
 mrbubblez
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/28/2008 10:21:44 PM
he's doing it because you are letting him do it.
 WackMC
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/29/2008 12:34:46 AM

WHY GET MARRIED IF U STILL WANNA CALL, TEXT OR F##K UR EX?

BengalBlue is right, why are YOU worried so much about whether he's going to cheat? Did he marry YOU too....??? Really, you think he's gonna divorce his new bride just to hook up with YOU and then break up with you again and re-marry his wife?

Why on God's Earth you reading these messages? Just forward them to his wife and your problem will be solved.
 Pretty Young Thing
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/29/2008 2:00:36 AM
THANKX 2 EVERYONE 4 THEIR ADVICE
I'M GOING 2 BLOCK HIS NUMBER N IF I HAD HIS WIFES NUMBER OF COURSE I WOULD FORWARD THE TEXT BUT I DON'T SO I CAN'T.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2008 9:55:12 AM
Love her? Why do you care? He's ready to cheat on her with you.

Mind you he's not saying he wants to dump her for you. He just wants to hit it with you and stay married to her.

So...how do you like him now?
 DreamGirl41
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/29/2008 1:11:07 PM
He'll cheat on you, & the little girls he has on the side to. Cheaters need more affirmation and declaration towards something that feels true. like personal development, psychology, physical appearance and praise they don't get from their spouses. They feel they'll gain positive judgment, from you.

Regardless, Cheaters will not get what they need from any human.

Test him out, and praise him unconditionally via text msgs. lol have fun with his little mind. And give yourself some entertainment in knowing you aren't going to fall for his Bull shit but that he is falling for yours:
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > WHY MARRIED EX BOYFRIENDS SEND U TEXT MESSAGES