Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do young guys hit on older women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ittybtty1
Msg: 1
Why do young guys hit on older women?Page 1 of 1    
I've been on POF since about January. In the months that I have been here I have had on average atleast one much younger man a week seriously hitting on me. Some have been pretty aggressive about it. We're talking 15-20 years younger here. Some of these guys are literally my kids age. Now I would maybe understand this if I had a really hot body...but I don't. And I wish I could say I still look 25 or 30...but again...I don't.
To top it all off alot of these young men have in their profile that they are looking for "mrs" right and want children. I'm 41 y/o...do they really expect to get that with me?

So what's up with the whole older woman thing? I mean I'm flattered...but slightly disturbed.
 kthyg
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why do young guys hit on older women?
Posted: 10/5/2008 12:09:53 AM
The reasons I have heard are that they just don't like the way women their own age act or what their priorities are. That older women are more comfortable with themselves. That older women are more willing to experiment. That older women are a better match in sex drive.
 lulululaby
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/5/2008 12:55:46 AM
I think they are insecure in their sexual tactics and with an older woman they may find patience, there there never mind you will learn, your only young these things happen,
but with females of there own age may find if they dont score ten out of ten they are thrown and discarded.......... on a serious note......... older woman look after themselves better, have morals, sexier and interesting and not demanding.
I myself have no attraction or anything in common with these guys, my children are older and i dont feel flattered although they think we should, they also seem to think that when we become a certain age we are gagging for it so anyone that offers will surfice.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/5/2008 1:20:02 AM

I've been on POF since about January. In the months that I have been here I have had on average atleast one much younger man a week seriously hitting on me. Some have been pretty aggressive about it. We're talking 15-20 years younger here. Some of these guys are literally my kids age. Now I would maybe understand this if I had a really hot body...but I don't. And I wish I could say I still look 25 or 30...but again...I don't.
To top it all off alot of these young men have in their profile that they are looking for "mrs" right and want children. I'm 41 y/o...do they really expect to get that with me?

So what's up with the whole older woman thing? I mean I'm flattered...but slightly disturbed.

First of all at your age you are being very naive; about 2/3 of the guys in real life are players or cheaters or just want a good time; they will say anything to get it; the internet is worse. You know how to tell if most guys are lying? when their lips move.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/5/2008 1:57:15 AM
Honestly, I think it's because younger men believe they're more likely to get laid if they hit on older women. We're really desperate, didn't you know?
 Nocombneeded
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 3:05:00 AM
It's almost like a "rite of passage" thing I think - blame Mrs Robinson!
 psssst
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/5/2008 3:23:05 AM
Ahhhhh Grasshopper... I had hoped to avoid this discussion with you but its painfully obvious that some things need to be said...

The young bucks of this site have allowed their testosterone to eradicate their natural brainwaves causing them to make passes at any woman that doesn't need a bag tossed over her face... actually, some of them have told me that they have bags for that...

I digress...

The biggest rule one must remember on the internet is that simply because someone has chosen to convey a message through words, doesn't make it true or correct... well, stuff I write is exempt from the questioning thing...

Ya might want to implement age restrictions for contacts... since I have I've only received the most mature emails...

Cheers...
 ittybtty1
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/5/2008 4:41:32 AM
LMAO...it didn't occur to me to say if I believed anything they were saying to me or not...of course I know 98% is BS...atleast. I was just curious about the whole thought process behind it.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 5:15:37 AM
Hey,right on. Good post.
As a guy myself,I don't really know what it is,but I have always had an attraction to older women.
When I was 19,I was going with a 30 year old for a few months. Alot of times,I talk to,and develop crushes on women older than me still to this very day.
My only guess is the maturity. In general,I have always actually had a comfort with being around older people overall my entire life. When I was a kid,I wanted to be around my parents friends more than other kids. It must be the maturity.
I can't stand hyperness,and other eagerness,and energetic behaviour in young women or people for that matter. I like the laid back,relaxed,easy going,MATURITY in older women. I also like voices in older women much better than young ones as well.
Maybe another thing,older women take compliments much better. Nine times out ten,I give a young lady a compliment,and I may or may not get a thank you,but I always get a "I am already taken" response,or a look the other way with something mumbled in disgust. But,nine times out of ten,a compliment to an older is always accepted well and appreciated,and also accompanied with a warm hug.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 5:25:20 AM
"Honestly, I think it's because younger men believe they're more likely to get laid if they hit on older women. We're really desperate, didn't you know?"

Not neccesarily,not with me anyways. Unlike most other men,I will take nice long walk holding hands,and having good conversation over sex anytime. If it happens,it happens. Recently,I developed a crush on a woman older me that used to work for a company that delivered to my workplace. She was very beautiful. She had a very lovely smile,and a very heart warming voice. I let her know that,and received a nice arm hug. I would have given anything to have been able to get together with her for a coffee and a walk along the river so badly. Unfortunately,she just became unemployed I heard. She has my number,but I don't have hers. I will continue to pray to the lord that someday will call me.

Hey FriendlyFreeSpirit,come to my hometown and I will show that Ilike romantic get togethers and hanging out all the more. I would only get involved sexually if you initiated. Like with most other women.
 ittybtty1
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/5/2008 6:04:08 AM
I read once about a native american tribe (I don't remember which one) where everyone was married twice. When you were young you were married to an older spouse so that first they could teach/train you and then so you could care for them in their old age. When your first spouse passed on you were rewarded for their care by being given a young bride or groom...and so the cycle continued. Maybe our society is reverting?
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 6:09:09 AM
I have been dating men who are younger than me but I draw the line with if they are young enough for me to have given birth to them.. One of these men I went out with last winter is getting married to an older woman this month.

I am seeing more and more couples where the woman is like 10+ years older than the guy. Met a couple night before last where she is 10 years older and yesterday at a wedding one of the groomsman is 20 years younger than his wife.

I think some are in for what they percieve is an easy lay.. (they have no idea that we are about six steps ahead of them.. buahahah).. other's I think feel that younger women are high maintenance and have too much drama and too many hormones and then there is the experience factor.. the life experience factor. Older women usualy have established careers and a stable income also.
 My I
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/5/2008 6:26:37 AM

I think some are in for what they percieve is an easy lay.. (they have no idea that we are about six steps ahead of them.. buahahah).. other's I think feel that younger women are high maintenance and have too much drama and too many hormones and then there is the experience factor.. the life experience factor. Older women usualy have established careers and a stable income also.

It's a lot simpler than that^^^^

Young guys do it because the older women allow it to happen.
Most guys are opportunists when it comes to older women... there are very few exceptions.
 Mike_Wazowski
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/5/2008 7:13:03 AM
It depends if you mean they're hitting on you with the intention of it going somewhere, or if they're just hitting on you for the sake of hitting on you.

For me, I have a greater tendency to flirt with older women with no intention of it ever going anywhere. I can't do it with women in their early 20's because it seems wrong. Women mid-20's up to the end stages of their mid-30's are either in a hurry to get in a relationship or still pissed off about (a) failed one(s).

Women in their late 30's and beyond (usually) are beyond all of that. They're typically more comfortable with who they are and where they've come from. And sometimes they get very embarrassed hearing certain things, even though they're flattered by it. It's just a more enjoyable experience doing those kinds of things with someone who isn't going to get all pissed off when you have a little bit of fun with them (not at their expense).

And like I say... it's usually not that I expect it to go anywhere, but I supposed that has more to do with the fact that the women I flirt with are already married or in a relationship more than anything else. I wouldn't exactly pursue them for the "experience factor". I mean there are those who want younger guys just for the ego-stroke they get, and those ones aren't any fun to flirt with because they have some pretty severe jealousy issues.
 yna6
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/5/2008 7:15:14 AM
They don't swell,
they don't tell,
and they're grateful as h*ll.
So I've heard....
 ~Hello~
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/5/2008 7:17:07 AM
Well, I know Freud (no I don't "really" know him! he's too old for me) - ahem, let me try that again! I am pretty sure Mr. Freud would fill pages of theory on this one - what did he call it the Ohdapuss (sp :laugh:) complex?? Yeah - that's it.

Apparently there is something about men that creates an almost alcoholic like reaction to feline counterparts (no no no .. not parts of a counter! geez - listen up will ya!) - ok, as I was saying - they spend 9 months trying to get out and the rest of their lives trying to get back in - AND I also think its sometimes a curiousity thing, sometimes it's a "mommy issue" (ick!), sometimes a cake is just a cake and a piece of tail is just a piece of tail! lol

I've received a 'few' pm's from Much younger men - like 22 and 23 years old! OMFG!!! I could be their Granny! Waaaay past the mommy thing! I mean, I'm not saying that there aren't a few 22/23 year olds out there that make my dentures loosen, but holibatcrap - even with the lights out, morning does arrive .. and it's scarey, it's just very scarey! lol :roll: :devil:

I've also talked candidly with 1 very upfront young man who said it was more of a power and control thing for him, he had a Very bossy/controlling mom and he said he just felt more macho (then he did that tim the tool man oh oh oh grunt thing!) lmao

I'm sure there are tons of "reasons", theories, etc. etc. etc. - bottom line (IMO) for 'most' is Gettin Sum.

Always makes me laugh when I get one of those messages:

I love older women.
:laugh: and "That's" sposed ta make my granny panties drop!! lmao

**Ya can't blame 'em for tryin, so long as 'Some' of us still look so damned good!!! lol ;)

A.S.is
:peace:

LMAO @msg. 16!!!

they don't swell, they don't tell and they're gratefull as he!!
!!! lmao!! Some do so swell, we have friends we do tell and grateful?? lmfao - ok yeah, that's true IF the arthritis has taken out the 5 finger hottie who knows us best! lmao grateful!!! omg - You're the king baby! Stay in school!! lol ol ol lololol

Some younger men like us old hotties cuz we keep the heating fuel costs down! lol :devil:
 GO USC
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 7:53:02 AM
Some have been pretty aggressive about it. We're talking 15-20 years younger here. Some of these guys are literally my kids age.

They are looking for a mommy with benefits.
 clasact
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 8:41:28 AM
Some young idiots email just to see if they can get a response and some are serious. Just because they email you doesn't mean they aren't, doesn't mean they are. Some will hit on anyone who is female and has a pulse.

And frankly, I have no intentions of striking up an ongoing conversation with a man (romantically) who is young enough to be my child, only because I'm not interested in much younger men more than 5 MAYBE 6-7 years younger it would depend. Mostly men who are around my age to 5-7 years older, again that would depend on certain factors. I don't take these youngin's seriously only because I'm not interested. There are some women who do though.

There are some women interested in much younger men *shrugs* each to their own.
 italnyernnc
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 8:47:29 AM
Ahh.... The old "cougar" thread in a different context.

Bottom line, although many will dispute it, is that younger men who have any desirable qualities at all find it easier to have casual encounters with older women than women their own age. Those that do actually have relationships with older women do it for the same reason many younger women are in relationships with older men... support. Many older women who choose the "cougar" route suffer from the illusion that they will become the next Demi Moore. There are a few I've met that actually are in it for the same thing the guys are in it for.... it is a bit rare, though.

If you are being hit on by younger men, you can thank your peers... I haven't been to a dance type club in years and went last weekend with some friends. While my friends and I appeared to be the oldest males in the place, there were dozens of women over 35 and beyond there - One doesn't have to be a soothsayer to wonder why they are there... and it isn't that they love to dance... although that will be the response of many.
 benjamin_breeg
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/5/2008 10:19:34 AM

We're really desperate, didn't you know?

ittybtty1
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/5/2008 10:24:44 AM
thanks for all the replies
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do young guys hit on older women?