Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Political Correctness      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Punkinpie74
Msg: 1
Political Correctness Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I feel a need to vent, so vent I will,

I've had it, for 18 months round abouts I've been coming in and out of this forum, and at one point or another there has been politically hot topics, Immigration Asylum, migration, the justice system homosexuality, Terrorism, and at some point someone always manages to read something either homophobic, racist, islamphobic, [if there is such a word] into something, the then name calling starts like bigot, fascist racist Nazi.

I won't deny that there are some extremely narrow minded people out there. But not everyone is like that and are just stating their opinions, Nothing more, but you always read something into what is written.

Example...... My opinion on

Immigration , yes for now it needs to stop, at least until the mess in this country is sorted out.

The Justice system, yes I believe in the death penalty, yes I believe in punishment to fit the crime, yes I believe in corporal punishment and yes I believe in humiliation of a criminal by putting them in the stocks and throwing rotten veg at them. Oh and before I forget I also believe in consequence, who would have thought,

Homosexualty.... well I haven't really got an opinion on that except when it comes to irritating my cousin, he is so gay, he makes most gay men look straight LMAO.

Islam, for most part not got problem with it, each to their own, and if someone wants to get down and prey however many times a day good luck to them, although for the fanatics and fundamentalists, yeah my opinion is they need their heads examining and locked up in the local nut house.

You PC lot throw these words about at the drop of a hat,
Racism, before you imply someone is racist, look the definition up......
Fascism, As above
bigot, As above
Nazi, As above

It is also my opinion the PC brigade are the cause of most problems..... Seriously people, stop taking offense at things that aren't there, stop taking offense on someone elses behalf, if any forgine nationals or different religion, (i'm C of E just in-case someone wants to know ) someone of a different sexuality, different colour takes offense at anything I say then, then let them take it up with me........ My point, opinions differ, they may not always be deemed politically correct, but that doesn't make them anything else.
 *chrissye07*
Msg: 2
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 6:29:37 AM
well said!
the justice system is shite and its no
wonder things are the way they are today.
i think you've spoke on behalf of a lot of people x
 surreygal
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 6:33:39 AM
I totally agree matey. You said it exactly how it should be. When i was a child my dad use to love watching alf garnet. Everyone in the house use to laugh their heads off. Times have changed and people seem to be overly sensitive to things. The media do not help with their stories and people do not help by not using common sense. We all lived together happily before but god knows whats happened to this world now. I feel sorry for my son.
 *kath*
Msg: 4
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 6:36:18 AM
So is it still ok to call a spade a spade ?.
 Altafica
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:05:09 AM
I agree with a lot of what you say. PC is a term to cover up do-gooders sticking their nose in things that they mainly know nothing about.......ducks behind the wall to escape the arrows If people come to this country by choice, then I believe they must abide by our rules, if they break the rules, then send them back.
If we went to a foreign country we would be expected to a-hear to their rules, the article in the paper being the point, it was against their rules and the two were punished. We should have respect for the places we go, and hopefully visitors will do the same, then the PC brigade will have to find another soap box to climb on.
 *chrissye07*
Msg: 6
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:08:26 AM
^^^^
exactly,

just dont go b0nking in dubai
 AitchEm
Msg: 7
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:09:57 AM
I believe that there is a growing group of us who are sick to the back teeth with all this poxy PC nonsense...

Bring on the revolution!
 Loose_end
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:10:47 AM
When in Rome, do as the Romans

"stwike him centuwion! vewwy woughly"

" And errrrrrrr throw him to the floor sir?"

I think maybe, especially regarding our media, reporters will report with their own agenda, and its that agenda which leads to a public outcry......

We are not so politically obliging as we are led to believe.

"Come the glorious day Citizens"
 Andy.....
Msg: 9
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:28:53 AM
Agree to a large extent, PC has gone way too far and it doesn't help the fight against prejudice when PC leads to positive discrimination.
 fish4it
Msg: 10
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:57:01 AM
You PC lot throw these words about at the drop of a hat,

excuse me but isn,t this about as narrow minded a statement as you can get ,i,ve got a pc and an opinion i may or may not agree with your opinions but it doesn,t mean im going to tar everyone with the same brush! or be rude!
 krustyone
Msg: 11
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 8:02:12 AM
OP I agree that PC has gone mad in todays society to a certain extent but you will always find on any forum people with differing opinions who feel strongly about one subject or another.

The problems arise with the name calling IMO. To disagree with anothers point and to state where opinions differ is what a forum is all about surely. Many times on here I have found myself taking a different stance to one I originally had due to someones well thought out argument.

I think really this is the crux - if we want to be taken seriously we have to be able to debate our point and to back up what we want to say. Of course we are under no obligation to do so and an opinion is an opinion regardless.

In this big, bad, mean world racism etc does exist and as this forum is a little part of said world it also exisit in here. What one person believes to be a racist viewpoint another might not, freedom of speech and entitlement to own opinions again.

I do not think that you have to suffer from persecution yourself in order to defend it either. Wouldn't it be a sad world if we were not to defend those who were being?

All down to opinions. Isn't that what a forum is for to debate, counter debate and state opinions?
 Punkinpie74
Msg: 12
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:03:31 AM
OP I agree that PC has gone mad in todays society to a certain extent but you will always find on any forum people with differing opinions who feel strongly about one subject or another.

Agreed, after all said and done it is a free country..... and everyone is entitled to their opinion.... But and there is always a but, just because someone doesn't agree with an opinion does not make them a racist a fascist, or a bigot, or anything else.

The problems arise with the name calling IMO. To disagree with another's point and to state where opinions differ is what a forum is all about surely. Many times on here I have found myself taking a different stance to one I originally had due to someones well thought out argument.

And that where the debate comes in, but my point was and still is, for example, and some point or another I have been called a Bigot a fascist and so forth because I believe in law and order punishment to fit the crime, I believe mass immigration, is bad for the country, my opinion differs so there for I must be one of the above.

think really this is the crux - if we want to be taken seriously we have to be able to debate our point and to back up what we want to say. Of course we are under no obligation to do so and an opinion is an opinion regardless.

Did I mention I have a small Dictatorship problem.....LOL, seriously yes opinion is opinion, and no ones opinion is wrong, just different, but still why read something into something when it's not there....

In this big, bad, mean world racism etc does exist and as this forum is a little part of said world it also exist in here. What one person believes to be a racist viewpoint another might not, freedom of speech and entitlement to own opinions again.

Yes unfortunately racism does exsist.... but it goes all ways, and covers all races all nationalties.....,
True.... but if we went round watching everything we said just in-case someone perceives an insult we may as well not say anything......
Once again people are entitled to their opinion, and as you can see I have openly stated mine...

I do not think that you have to suffer from persecution yourself in order to defend it either. Wouldn't it be a sad world if we were not to defend those who were being?

I agree with that, but at what point does it go from defense to paranoia, reading insults and discrimination at every turn, when non was intended?

msg18

I think it should also be pointed out that the terms "PC" "liberal" "leftie" etc are also thrown around too lightly by those with right wing views

I have in my opinion neither left wing or right wing views, I'm smack bang in the middle..... I believe everyone regardless race nationality sexuality, able bodied or disabled has the basic human right to be treated with respect.... I believe slavery is blight on humanity, past and present... I believe everyone regardless of race nationality sexuality is entitled to an education, free health care.... These are BASIC human rights that should never be denied. However I believe in Law, I believe in punishment to fit the crime, and I believe charity begins at home, and you can't sort the rest of the world out until you sort your own corner of it......

I also believe that I shouldn't have to watch what I say because someone is going to perceive an insult when none when was there.
 Mr VeryGrumpy
Msg: 13
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:04:23 AM
Well, if you are worried about being called "homophobic, racist, islamaphobic, bigot, fascist, racist, Nazi", you might ponder this.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I'll probably call it a duck.

I'll make the point that out in the real world where grownups live, I get a fair amount of flak because I prefer (being English) to sing English song, and that English singers should not pretend to be Irish or American. But some of you make Sarah Palin sound rational!

I don't have very high expectations of some of my fellow men (or women) but some of the guttersnipes on here are pretty nauseating - an example from another thread recently was "slime chute" for vagina. If you dislike women that much why are some of you children so busily trying to climb back in again?
 Andy.....
Msg: 14
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:11:34 AM
I think it should also be pointed out that the terms "PC" "liberal" "leftie" etc are also thrown around too lightly by those with right wing views
 Variola
Msg: 15
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:14:53 AM
PC is also a term trumpted out by people when others point out how flawed or bigoted their views are.

I couldnt be more anti-PC if I tried, but I am also a decent person.
 dahlingblah
Msg: 16
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:15:09 AM
IM quite memerized at the sight of jordans boobs but do i cry about it ? No i dont ..im quite partial to a steak ..Do i cry when it comes with kidney ? .NOOOOO ..i dont ..so my point is ...i aint got a clue what im on about so ner ner ner cus who actually gives a flying fook if i wear different coloured socks?
 FOLLOW THE LIGHT
Msg: 17
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:23:06 AM
"PC,LIBERAL,LEFTIE" these are thrown round lightly? considering you an the other lefties on here cant stand anybody with an opinion,other than yourselves, you like shouting racist,bigot at any body who dares have an intelligent different opinion, to you, does that make them racist,no just different views to the problem,we find that yes mass immigration needs dealing with serverely,
death penalty re-instated, muslims need to intergrate with us an not the other way round,
the pc brigrade are quick to critersize but will never come up with there suitable
answers to the problems, only say that your a racist,bigot, an theres not any problems,like hell there are.

~Hams~
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:28:18 AM
I'm not racist either as I have a lot of mates who are Paddies,Taffs and Jocks
and we all get on like a house on fire although we don't have time for the Frogs
at the moment as they keep going on strike all the time and only have a bath once a year.
 krustyone
Msg: 19
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:33:14 AM
But and there is always a but, just because someone doesn't agree with an opinion does not make them a racist a fascist, or a bigot, or anything else.

Quite right having an opinion doesn't make you those. The kind of opinion you have does.

And that where the debate comes in, but my point was and still is, for example, and some point or another I have been called a Bigot a fascist and so forth because I believe in law and order punishment to fit the crime, I believe mass immigration, is bad for the country, my opinion differs so there for I must be one of the above.

Can not comment on why you were called those things as I do not know. I can say that the reasoning behind someones belief that mass immigration is wrong could deem them racist though if they were to base it solely on the fact that the person is a different race. There is massive racism on this forum and I don't just mean white on black, we have seen the reverse on here too.

Did I mention I have a small Dictatorship problem.....LOL, seriously yes opinion is opinion, and no ones opinion is wrong, just different, but still why read something into something when it's not there....

I am sorry I am not quite sure what you are saying here. Surely if opinion is opinion and not wrong but different then if someone thinks someone is being racist for instance then that is their choice to do so?

but if we went round watching everything we said just in-case someone perceives an insult we may as well not say anything......
Once again people are entitled to their opinion, and as you can see I have openly stated mine...

If someone does not have views of others that would cause offence then I can't see that they would have to be that careful about their opinions. If in fact a person believes what they are saying is truely right then they should have no fear to speak their mind and not worry about what others think.

I agree with that, but at what point does it go from defense to paranoia, reading insults and discrimination at every turn, when non was intended?

This is where the PC bandwagon reverses you see. Now if you voice that you think someone is indeed being racist etc you are seen as being 'overly PC'. Works both ways. Opinions, all down to opinions.

EDIT:

"PC,LIBERAL,LEFTIE" these are thrown round lightly? considering you an the other lefties on here cant stand anybody with an opinion,other than yourselves, you like shouting racist,bigot at any body who dares have an intelligent different opinion, to you, does that make them racist,no just different views to the problem,we find that yes mass immigration needs dealing with serverely,
death penalty re-instated, muslims need to intergrate with us an not the other way round,
the pc brigrade are quick to critersize but will never come up with there suitable
answers to the problems, only say that your a racist,bigot, an theres not any problems,like hell there are.

I find that so highly amusing I just spat my tea all over laptop.......lefties......intelligent.....don't think there are any problems?....never come up with suitable answers?.....sigh.

Think this post just proves the point OP that it goes both ways. Just say what you feel on the forum and have thick skin. We are all entitled to disagree or agree.
 Variola
Msg: 20
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:33:43 AM

at any body who dares have an intelligent different opinion, to you,

I think the crucial word there is 'intelligent' . Its what is lacking in many of the posts here.
 Mr VeryGrumpy
Msg: 21
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:34:12 AM
Raphael, in stead of spouting your supremacist rubbish, maybe you could skip the KKK meeting once a month and go back to school to learn to read and write. It might help you to express your opinions with some semblance of rationality. So far the postings of yours that I have seen on here in various threads do rather call the BNP to mind - both as to substantive content and grunting sub-literacy.
 dahlingblah
Msg: 22
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:36:02 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^DEFINE INTELLIGENT PLEASE ......anyway back to the question in hand!!! which was????????
vive la france ...and all who sail in her...
 FOLLOW THE LIGHT
Msg: 23
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:44:08 AM
thats a problem isnt it,"somebody has the tomarity to voice a opinion different to them an automaticlly makes them a kkk,gang member an a racist bigot,what a load of balls. you might not get these forums that there there for many views an many other opinions. an you think that your re the only one allowed an opinion, why is this, are you not prepared for,or to listen to anybody else?
 ChuffingBinty
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:44:15 AM
Political Correctness..........

I don't really do politics.....

Nor do i do correctness to be honest im just a wrong'un thru & thru

I'm sorry but if you're black i'll call ya black.... If ya a immigrant i'll call ya one, blah blah ya get me and all that bollix.......
 Punkinpie74
Msg: 25
Political Correctness
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:19:44 AM
Quite right having an opinion doesn't make you those. The kind of opinion you have does.

Once again I agree with you, this is the point, because I believe in Law and Order because I believe in punishment to fit the crime, because I believe that mass immigration is bad for the country, because I believe charity begins at home, as I have stated once already, you cannot fix the worlds problems without fixing your own corner first, Because my opinion is not politically correct that makes me what?

Can not comment on why you were called those things as I do not know. I can say that the reasoning behind someones belief that mass immigration is wrong could deem them racist though if they were to base it solely on the fact that the person is a different race. There is massive racism on this forum and I don't just mean white on black, we have seen the reverse on here too.

I don't agree with mass immigration, controlled yes, mass no because I don't believe it is good for the economy, and causes mass resentment, hens certain comments made by certain people.....

I am sorry I am not quite sure what you are saying here. Surely if opinion is opinion and not wrong but different then if someone thinks someone is being racist for instance then that is their choice to do so?

First part of that was a joke, I tend to forget not everyone has the same sense of humor... my apologies.... which is fine.... but when excusing someone of it... even though was no intent that's where the problems start.

If someone does not have views of others that would cause offense then I can't see that they would have to be that careful about their opinions. If in fact a person believes what they are saying is truly right then they should have no fear to speak their mind and not worry about what others think.

Excellent point I will have to ponder on that.....
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Political Correctness