Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Women truck drivers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 countrytat
Msg: 1
Women truck drivers?Page 1 of 1    
Just a Question out there for you men....... What do you think about a woman truck driver?..... Does it intimidate you?....Do you think they are "Rough"?.....Do you think they are trashy?......Sexy?......

Thanks for the responses in advance!
 Passionate Gent
Msg: 2
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:14:03 AM
OTR , regional or local driving is irrelevant as your profession in
most cases is not a factor in many men choosing a partner.

Men are not intimidated with anyone regardless of their employment,
maybe a little apprehensive, but never intimidated.

OTR can be a trifling experience, living on the road, dirty stinky truck stops,
sleeping in the Cab of ones truck.

How can a man/woman expect to pursue a relationship if they are always
on the road?
 Navigator6
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:20:32 AM
I certainly wouldn't be intimidated or label her "butch" or anything stereotypical like that. My only hesitation would be if she was a long haul trucker and gone for long periods of time, but that's just me.
Rough - that depends on her
Trashy - again, that depends on her
Sexy - once more, depends on her
I will say that sometimes in a LTR, rough trashy sex is awesome!
 Ron9
Msg: 4
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:53:43 AM
Unless a gal is 6’6” @ 300 pounds ....... they really should drop the ***intimidated*** babble.

99.9% of guys are NOT intimidated by females - regardless of what the gal thinks.

Far too many females think guys are intimidated by the “independent woman” poppy c@ck. It is normally more of the argumentative nature that turns them off.

-------- RANT OVER

I would not care if the gal drove a truck - was a nurse’s assistant at a local grade school - put seats together at the local auto plant (if there is still any plants left in the USA)

If she has some kind of high ranking position and thinks her pOOp don’t stink ......... then - that could be a different matter.

OR .....

If she was too much of a wannabe man with bOObs.
 scottoliver
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:04:34 AM
I think its a job as one has to work and do what they have to do. I don't see it as making the woman sexy, trashy, or intidating.
 HappyTree22
Msg: 6
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:09:10 AM
Two different things.

A man will either want to sleep with a specific woman or not

Or

A man will either want to get into a relationship with a woman or not, factoring in her specific situation, but ONLY after getting to know her and that ONLY happens after he's made the decision that he wants to sleep with her or would sleep with her.

A man decides to sleep with a woman or that he would generally ONLY if he finds her physically attractive.

If a man doesn't want to sleep with a specific woman, odds are it's because he thinks she's ugly.

If a man doesn't want to get into a relationship with a specific woman, odds are he has not taken the time and opportunity to get to know her as such for potential, mostly because he walks past her, mostly because he has no desire to sleep with her, mostly because, again, she's ugly.

In short, most of the time, if a man walks past a woman, he is not "intimidated" by her, he just think she's ugly and would rather sleep with someone else.

If a woman is pretty enough to him, a single available man finds a way to show interest of some kind.
 countrytat
Msg: 7
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:31:25 AM
Thanks for all the responses.....

Divorce me later..... I totally agree with you... if a man doesnt think you are atleast attractive he wont even take a second look lol..... and that goes for women too!! And a single available person WILL find a way to show interest!!...

I dont think keeping clean while driving a truck....or sleeping in the truck would be an issue.... that's what truck stops are for........ and if that's the life a woman wants a guy would take her like she is if she is what he wants.....
 Seafarer227
Msg: 8
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:32:41 AM

Just a Question out there for you men....... What do you think about a woman truck driver?..... Does it intimidate you?....Do you think they are "Rough"?.....Do you think they are trashy?......Sexy?......

Thanks for the responses in advance!

I think it's kinda sexy but the first thing that comes to mind...

"Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya."
 countrytat
Msg: 9
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:37:29 AM

now THAT is just stereo typing..... Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya........

alot of women truckers that i know are actually on the thinner to average size.... never seen a real big girl truck driver lol
 Seafarer227
Msg: 10
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 12:31:55 PM

alot of women truckers that i know are actually on the thinner to average size.... never seen a real big girl truck driver lol
but how many have seen "Pee Wee's Big Adventure"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089791/
 Navigator6
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 12:34:41 PM

hehehe I don't think there was any intent to insult or stereotype - that was just a Pee Wee's Big Adventure movie reference!

Large Marge was a female trucker of "large carriage" who picked up Pee Wee while he was hitchhiking. But, I digress.....
 Jeep1224
Msg: 12
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 12:51:08 PM
most truckers are filthy...has to do with the whole having to pay for showers at truck stops thing.

60mins did a show on it once
 countrytat
Msg: 13
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 12:55:34 PM
most truckers are filthy...has to do with the whole having to pay for showers at truck stops thing.

THAT^^^^^ is an ignorant statement!!!..... its like saying most men are ass holes and they lie!
 Jeep1224
Msg: 14
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 1:00:01 PM
I suppose it wouldnt be the first time 60mins was wrong
 Jim978
Msg: 15
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 3:27:52 PM
My inital thought would be "Hey, can she haul a few crates across the country for me?". ;)

After that, it's pretty much just a job. I think I'd wonder about how often she'd be around to actually date but that'd be something to discover through conversation.
 bk0x45
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 3:40:16 PM
OP: Intimidated? No. Interested? That depends entirely on the woman, and a little on the type of driving she does.

Basically, if I was interested, I'd probably have a problem with it if she was a long-haul trucker or worked in towing. (Not available enough, and bad hours and dangerous, respectively.) Those last would only be concerns if I was otherwise interested in a LTR with her, though... and if I was interested enough, I'm sure I could probably get past the concerns somehow.

Women need to learn that 'not interested'!='intimidated', though.
 ~Scoundrel~
Msg: 17
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 4:28:22 PM
I don't care what a woman does for a living. That being said, I was in the trucking biz for a few years. I drove OTR, local and regenal and I've never met a woman driver I would get involved with. But, I've also never met a man driver I would keep as a friend.
 hard starboard
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:07:49 PM
It would only bother me if she was a real 10-11. I would also avoid a 10-96.
 DirtyOldManInTraining
Msg: 19
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:54:27 PM
I know some great female truckers out here and have run across some real b!tches.

The biggest turn-off, are those that act like their sh!t don't stink.

But, the sweet lady truckers sure know how to make the miles tick by quickly!

However, you're usually on a diff. channel with them to avoid the pond scum abuse up on Sesame Street!
 providename
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:27:43 PM
I evalutate these things on a trucker chick-by-trucker chick basis.
 jmn120176
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Women truck drivers?
Posted: 10/7/2008 3:20:38 PM

I suppose it wouldnt be the first time 60mins was wrong

...and sure as hell not the first time you were ever wrong. Generalizations don't make anybody happy.

Wouldn't bother me at all. Might even be attractive, based on the make and model of truck she drives. And what a conversation! Let's talk Detroit, air-ride suspensions, dual stainless breathers and aluminum rims! Hot!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Women truck drivers?