Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Should a woman call a guy the day after they have sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kitten682
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Should a woman call a guy the day after they have sex?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
If a woman had a great night of sex with a guy, should the woman make the first move and call the guy the next day or wait till the guy calls? Does his call count if you called you when he got home that night and told you he had a great time?
 Weekender45
Msg: 2
Should a woman call a guy the day after they have sex?
Posted: 10/9/2008 8:16:20 AM
Kitten

Why not call the guy - it might make him feel he is appreciated. Its always nice to know that the woman had a great time too !!
 celebrtlife
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/9/2008 8:28:42 AM
I don't see why it should matter who calls first.

It's like saying, can we do this again?
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/9/2008 8:33:27 AM
If I have sex with someone it will be with a person I feel comfortable calling anytime. I think that is why I never understood one night stands or never had one; I could not imagine giving my body to someone without some feelings involved, enough to start a relationship. Let alone wondering if I can call them the next day.
 iris43
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/9/2008 8:36:35 AM
Very good point *auburndiva* if you are questioning about calling him perhaps you jumped the gun a little too early.....if there are true feeling involved why would it matter who calls who.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/9/2008 8:40:28 AM
I want to take these points a little farther... You're comfortable getting naked and having his genitals inside of your genitals.... Yet - You're uncomfortable calling him afterwards?

Which act is more intimate:

Having sweaty sex or calling someone?
 celts123
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/9/2008 8:59:59 AM
Of course she can. If a woman is interested in a man, then call him. There is NO rule stating that the man must always make the initial phone call after sex or a date.
 demonsleeves
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/9/2008 9:01:30 AM
I think it's way more intimate to be shown the collection of shiny shiny shovels....
Tee hee hee.
 girlwillbegirl
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/9/2008 9:03:50 AM
Gangster Kitten has it right on.
 stopstarin
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/9/2008 9:24:48 AM
^^^ wouldn't the "wet spot" indicate that she had a good time or not?

no CSI needed here!

and yes I agree, if it's Ok to get naked, a call shouldn't be a concern!

starin
 cinwiser
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/9/2008 9:26:02 AM
i agree with auburn diva..if one isnt comfortable with whether or not a call should be made and by who, then its too soon.
 sienna99
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/9/2008 9:31:17 AM
well its a little late to be lecturing on her for it being too soon isnt it? whats the point in that? she didnt come on here asking if she slept with him too soon she asked if she should call him the day after they have sex. I say Yes you should, but dont do too much running after him:)
and im sure that if she does call and he treats her like crap, if she makes another forum saying "why? " THEN we can give her the lecture. lol x
 m_church
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2008 9:43:44 AM
Personally, I always called the next day...
If it was the first time we had sex, I'd often send flowers too...
 stopstarin
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/9/2008 9:49:21 AM
In the event that they didn't use a condom and it was his spunk that caused the wet spot, well..you do the math.

that is just moronic! ( not using a condom with someone she obviously doesn't know well enough) Her first call should be to a clinic!

well going only on my experience, and not getting into details, but that "wet spot" has rarely been from me!

maybe I'm doing it wrong then! I'll message Dr Ruth, I heard she's on here as well! LOL

starin
 Braddl1
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2008 10:21:46 AM
A woman that calls a guy after the day after they had sex sounds a little desperate and clingy to me. All it will do if anything is make teh guy run for the hills and regret that he even went there.

Stay calm and let the guy call you. If he's interested in you he will. If he's not, then you won't be hearing from him anytime soon.
 cookie22222
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2008 10:37:00 AM
Games...yuck yuck yuck...!!! Should I call? Should I wait for him to call? Geez....

Call whoever you want whenever you want. What is this high school? And I agree with everyone else - if you are comfortable having sex, why are you uncomfortable with a phone call???
 Kat0108
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/9/2008 10:43:51 AM
If a woman wanted another night of great sex with that guy I'd say give the dude a call. If the woman didn't want another night of great sex with that same guy I'd say don't bother. What's with the phone tag game? "Ring, ring. You're it!"
 forumgenie
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/9/2008 10:44:36 AM
To answer your questions: yes, who says you can't call, and yes, the fact the guy called that same night/morning after is a very good sign.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2008 10:53:15 AM
A good lay is hard to find, and he called you the same night? UM...I say yeah - call him.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/9/2008 10:55:05 AM

I think it's way more intimate to be shown the collection of shiny shiny shovels....
Tee hee hee.

Finally... Someone who GETS me!
 stopstarin
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/9/2008 10:59:14 AM
^^ yup I bet she "digs" you!

starin
 lpkd
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2008 11:12:37 AM
Waite for him to call you, then you will know if he had a good time...
If he is in to you he will call you next day, same night doesn't count.
Give him some time to think about it and gift of missing you
 whytwater
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/9/2008 11:58:03 AM
You've connected, intimately, with another human. If you value that, and want to preserve, then look for ways to reinforce the connection. Any form of communication serves that purpose, as does the substance of your message, i.e., I liked it and want more.
It is possible to overload him, but this is a person-specific judgment. You know him a lot better than we do, so, of course, you need to decide whether you'd be flagged for piling on by making the call. Just cuz you hooked up, doesn't mean you've set the hook. It's a matter of touch. I'd love to get that call.
 Snarkysmachine
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/9/2008 12:10:00 PM
If you're wondering about calling a dude after sex, perhaps you've answered your own question. I mean why are you having sex with someone you wouldn't feel comfortable calling any time???
 MissEmpress
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/9/2008 12:32:47 PM
If u wanna call call....who has time for rules? Who made up the rules?

Based on your relationship with this person only YOU can determine the protocol to be honest....

And if ur worried about calling or not...welll I dunno, sounds like there is already a problem there.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Should a woman call a guy the day after they have sex?