Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > When a guy says he wants to "Cuddle" we all know it means more than t      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 **Mandy**
Msg: 1
When a guy says he wants to "Cuddle" we all know it means more than that....or am I wrong?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Every single time i have a guy saying he wants to cuddle it turns into more, why can't he just stick by it and cuddle....?? I don't get it, not everything has to lead to sex ....but it seems it does.....what do u think?
 Ms.Mermaid
Msg: 2
When a guy says he wants to Cuddle we all know it means more than that....or am I wrong?
Posted: 10/14/2008 9:48:47 PM
I think it depends on the guy, I do have some friends and they are great at cuddling & hugging! and it dosent go any further....but some boys....well....yes, have to agree with you that this is true of some of them....and all they want in the end is sex....it is the nature of the beast, so to speak!
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 3
When a guy says he wants to Cuddle we all know it means more than that....or am I wrong?
Posted: 10/14/2008 9:49:46 PM
At 22, yes, everything leads to sex, sooner or later!!

When one is old and grey, and no time to visit the doctor, cuddling may be all that one has the uppers for!!
 Northern Lights
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2008 10:00:40 PM
OMG Duffy, you just made me gag on my tea!!

Cuddling... you mix physical contact and testosterone, it's a recipe for sex most times...

Then again, some women are not built much differently.

I think it's up to you to draw the line, if it's going to an uncomfortable place for you, put the brakes on pronto. Don't let it get past the point of no return if you don't want it to go there.

Or... alternatively, get a pet... I've got 2 dogs and 2 cats, I have no shortage of cuddles when I need them... all with no expectations either, other then a rub behind the ears....
 shivergit
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/14/2008 11:54:35 PM
LMAO!! Duffster...dats funny

But yeah OP, I agree with ya, some dudes are like that...some are not...altho at my age I've seen everything
 Helen Waite
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/15/2008 1:12:47 AM
I think you need to learn that they don't really mean 'cuddle'. If a guy says that, interpret it to mean something more. If you keep doing the same thing but expecting the same result then you haven't learned from your experiences.
 moonlightphoenix
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/15/2008 8:53:21 AM
I would hope so!! LOL.

I think I've got too much testosterone
 Alluria
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:16:44 AM
For many men "spooning" leads to 'forking'. If you express your expectations...there shouldn't be a problem. Communication is awesome - try it! It works!
 Diva_31
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/15/2008 11:28:50 AM
Guys want sex...period. Whether they cuddle or not. It's a total guy thing - though I'll bite and admit some girls are like that too.
 the_bum
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/15/2008 12:27:35 PM
Robin Williams says it best with this: "God gave men a brain and a penis but just enough blood to operate one at a time"
 melbeauty
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:44:57 PM
Am I the only woman who has no issues with that at all lol. I mean if I am cuddling with someone chances are I am either in a relationship with him or want to be. So I would have no issues with this at all , there is plenty of time for cuddling before and after lol
 Mad_Sci
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/15/2008 8:43:38 PM
I'll freely confess, I like sex.

I'll also counter, however, that I like physical intimacy of many sorts, and yes, sometimes I like to just cuddle. If it leads to more than that, great! If not, cuddling is an end in and of itself.

Don't knock the cuddling until you haven't had anyone to do so with for entirely too long.
 *One
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:01:20 PM
Ok, from now on, I only want to cuddle!!!
 interplay
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/16/2008 12:04:27 PM
A woman may just want to cuddle, but she also wants to be desired for sex. She may not want sex at that time, but she will still want him to want it. One thing a woman likes is a man that wants sex with her, but is willing to hold off and just cuddle until the time is right.

If a woman feels undesirable, she will sooner or later become unsatisfied with the relationship.

Are guys lying when they say they want to cuddle, most likely not, but that is not enough for a truly intimate relationship. Someone who only cuddles is really only a good friend and not a boyfriend

If a man takes the time to meet your needs, why wouldn't you want to meet his?
If a woman doesn't meet my needs, and I'm not just talking sexual needs then I'm going to look for someone that will.

Just being honest here.
 AltaNorthGuy
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/16/2008 6:42:29 PM
Maybe its me getting older, but I do like to cuddle. Watching TV, after a walk, or just spending time together, the chance to touch someone (non sexually, ya pervs) you care about is defineately one of the best parts about dating. Keep in mind Ive been alone most of my adult life and am a loner by nature, so I defineately dont take intimacy for granted. Hopefuly I never get so blase that I do.
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:03:29 PM
cuddling can lead to all kinds of things and feelings, Its how you communicate what you want and need when you are cuddling that is impotant. If you want to just be held when cuddled and not let it lead further to sexual fore play say so. We cant read each other minds. To some men cuddling may represent a prelude to fore play and may think you view it the same way. You cant expect someone to fly blind so if you dont stick up for yourself and communicate what you need and set ground rules then you are hurtng yourself and your relationship. I love to cuddle and just be held. but I also like playful cuddling that can set the mood for leading to a passionate encounter.
 knoxy2
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2008 7:53:47 AM
Yes it usually does but if the desire to do that is not there ,then you are either with the wrong partner and not physically attracted to him or you have issues. This is something that happens mutually and without thought. If it is Not good for you then you can bet it is Not good for him. HE WILL SENSE THAT, BUT WILL PROBABLY NOT ADMITT IT. The relationship will probably end anyway if you keep doing something you don't like.
 dddiesel
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/18/2008 8:48:02 AM
cuddling is a great past time in the winter when its cold , and mite lead to more (hopefully) but a nice cuddle is great to stay warm lol
 melbeauty
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/18/2008 8:51:22 AM
Well said knoxy2 I totally agree! I am a very cuddly person heck sometimes I can be annoyingly cuddly but if the cuddling with my partner develops into something more I would think that was great. If I didn't feel that way then for me there would be deffinate issues in the relationship that would need to be resolved.
 funansassy
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/18/2008 8:56:05 PM
things should be scheduled, pen a note to the refrigerator or have a timer go off

cuddling........saturday night after the hockey game
 LeoRejean
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/18/2008 9:02:03 PM
lol for us men that would work since we send a large chunk of our time near the fridge:P
 Backcountryme
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2008 11:55:21 AM
Who wants to cuddle without more happening? Lol. I call that foreplay. Haha.
I guess it depends on where and what is going on during the cuddling. If you are watching a movie or T.V. show, then there is no reason to think that more should happen. But if you a in bed, lights out then anything could go. If there is a kiss involved during the cuddle then anything goes.
 ~Lime~
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2008 5:20:44 PM

Every single time i have a guy saying he wants to cuddle it turns into more, why can't he just stick by it and cuddle....?? I don't get it, not everything has to lead to sex ....but it seems it does.....what do u think?

Every single time i have a girl saying she wants to window shop it turns into more, why can't she just stick by it and window shop....?? I don't get it, not everything has to lead to buying ....but it seems it does..... what do u think?

bradley
 funansassy
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/20/2008 5:34:35 PM
pmsl bradley

love makes things happen!
 melbeauty
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/20/2008 6:55:13 PM
omg bradly you are to funny hehe I needed that laugh lol
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > When a guy says he wants to "Cuddle" we all know it means more than that....or am I wrong?