Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Hi Hun, How are you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MalaSam
Msg: 1
Hi Hun, How are you?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Is it just me? Or does this make anybody else's blood boil?

Why do people think that this is an acceptable introduction? I might seem like a bit of a big B, but I wont reply to anyone that sends me this. I took time to fill out my profile and there is so much information on it by which anybody could start a conversation. Im just wondering if other people feel the same?
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 2
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 6:13:30 AM
I don't feel really angry when someone sends me that sort of ridiculously dreary pm devoid of imagination and creativity...I mostly feel suicidal and like yourself I will choose to ignore such a mail.

I imagine the type of person who sends the "Hi Hun, How are you ?" type message is just chancing their arm, they're not interested in you as a person at all and are perhaps a little bored and feel like trying to get someone to partner them in wasting time and effort by being mutually completely lazily banal.
 MalaSam
Msg: 3
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 6:24:41 AM
''Partner in wasting time'' I love that saying.

Im glad to see Im not the only person that doesnt reply
 dub08
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 6:30:53 AM
Have to agree - hate messages like that - I never reply!
Get hi sexy, babe, honey etc - they all get no replies either!

Different if you have exchanged several messages but not on the first one!
 si-denada
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 6:39:34 AM
At least you're getting a few words; last week I received an email which contained just a full-stop/period.

I don't know if there is an ulterior meaning to it or not.

What makes me laugh out loud is when I'm on here late at night participating on the Forums and the emails start arriving by the bucket-load asking - 'Fancy coming round for a wee bit?'

Wee bit of what I wonder.

Surely men can't think we're as hard up as to get out of our warm cosy beds and give them a booty call.
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 6
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 6:43:08 AM
Yeah and the guys who send you those kind of intelligence insulting messages will invariably moan about the rudeness of women who don't reply and their ignorance...they never cop on to the fact that they are too dull to bother with.

Surely men can't think we're as hard up as to get out of our warm cosy beds and give them a booty call.

Well I think it's very flattering for you that the fellas want to see you in the flesh so rapidly.

I actually rarely get messages for which I am eternally grateful - I'm crap at feigning interest in people these days.
 si-denada
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 6:58:29 AM
How the heck can you think it's flattering for some complete stranger, who probably hasn't even read my profile to ask me to get out of my bed and drive miles to partake in some sexual fantasy he has.

Damn sure I wouldn't get out of my bed for absolutely no-one...now if they would've asked before I had gotten into bed I might have.

You rarely get messages Miss Grundy cause as a few posters have acknowledged you look like a big lesbian.

But don't you worry your purty little self...I'll send you some.
 MalaSam
Msg: 8
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:12:58 AM
[guys who send you those kind of intelligence insulting messages will invariably moan about the rudeness of women]

I have a few spelling mistakes on my profile, and a guy sent me a rude mail, insulting my intellegence and high-lighting my spelling mistakes.

My relpy was : F off....... did I spell that ok?

Do guys really think that insulting a girl is the best way to gain attention, its like pulling ponytails in the playground.
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 9
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:33:32 AM

You rarely get messages Miss Grundy cause as a few posters have acknowledged you look like a big lesbian.

You are such a dirty rotten liar...there are no posters out there who think I look like a lesbian - I do know that I am the ultimate fantasy female partner of many a lesbian poster though.

It's a tough job being so fabulously sexually alluring to the wrong sex and having to beat all those women off of me.

Oh and thanks for that message asking me to join in a lesbian orgy with you and the others but I'm afraid I have to decline.

Do guys really think that insulting a girl is the best way to gain attention, its like pulling ponytails in the playground.

But don't Irish men typically insult us Irish women as a way of flirting with us - I quite like it as it gives me an opportunity to be obnoxious back and I truly love being horrible and mean, it's a good way of testing the mettle of some men and seeing if they have a sense of humour or not.
 MalaSam
Msg: 10
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:40:11 AM
Ya, thats the style of Irish flirting, but its not one that works with me.
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 11
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:47:58 AM
...so what works with you then ?

Fluttering eyelashes ?

Edit:

Anyhow I think I could recommend something for your jaundice.

Are you proposing to suck my liver clean ?

Detoxification has now suddenly become a very suggestive word to me.
 si-denada
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:52:55 AM
"You are such a dirty rotten liar..." Miss Grundy

One does one's best!

Oh aye Grundy there are a few English ladies who would give their eye teeth for a little wrestling in the mud with you. (cough)

Oh no no you misunderstood the email, it was just the two of us, I don't do orgies or threesomes! Anyhow I think I could recommend something for your jaundice.

Malasam, if a guy were never to flirt with you how would you know if he was interested in you or not. Surely this is all part of the mating process...a little flirtation is nice, if it's clean that is.

Have you never flirted, even just a little with a guy you fancied?
 akaMrSmith
Msg: 13
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 8:09:37 AM
I dont mind getting those e-mails at all infact I love them.

a good way of testing the mettle of some men and seeing if they have a sense of humour or not.

Thats a two way street HUN hehe and ye ladies would love to see some of the bunny boilers Ive meet from pof.

First date from pof:
After sitting in a pub in Galway for 40 minutes talking to some bloke who's friend was on the date I was supposed to be on I decided to leave, one hour twenty minutes later I got a phone call from the alleged date asking where Id gone to, it was two hours since we spoke. What happened? Did the kids she was talking to have an early bedtime? Keeping your options open is one thing but that was ripping the piss.

Second date from pof:
Back to Galway again. After my date said her hair was dyed I asked what colour it was naturally, I apologised five times for this but she was still offended that I could ask such a bold question. I wonder if she was offended after I stood up and walked away. If five apologies are not enough for a mistake (not sure what the mistake was to this day) then what do you want? Blood maybe? Those that are so easily offended are not attractive, ever, ever. Life and romance are about having fun, laughing at anything and everything, try it sometime.

Third date from pof:
On arrival at her home I instantly knew something was wrong. I was greeted by her, her sister and her friend. Straight away her friend left. Within ten minutes her friend returned with her mother, two aunts, one uncle, one brother, one son and two more friends. They all knew my name and where I was from, etc. etc. This isnt China women, meeting everyone you know on a first meet tends not to lead to a second meet. Whats the plan for date two? You turn up in a dress with the parish priest?

Fourth date from pof:
When you tell a man your separated then you also need to tell him NOT “every so often you wake up to find your ex in the spare room”, instead you SHOULD say “we are separated but my ex still lives with me” as they are very different. My view as a man on this is that you are not really separated, not yet anyway but if he finds out you have just being on a date you very well might be and I could end up with a black eye. Tell the truth women, its easy and you cant hope for anything more than a crappy relationship if you lie from the start.
PS to that date if she every reads this, you are a lovely woman but for your sake you need to wait a year or two before getting involved with any man because that man does not deserve to have to put up with all the emotions you have to go through. Its very unfair to expect this and whats up with people that wait till they have another partner before telling the first partner their not a partner but an ex? Partner number two watch out hehe.

So to cap off; But dont Irish women typically insult us Irish men as a way of flirting with us?

Miss Grundy are you really a big lesbian? Really really? Really really really?
 MalaSam
Msg: 14
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 8:34:55 AM
Think you misunderstood my flirting comment.

I dont like the Irish way of 'Slagging flirting', nice, friendly flirting on the other hand I very much welcome.

As for aka Mr Smith, you truely have been very very unlucky with your dates!
 akaMrSmith
Msg: 15
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:47:42 AM
Not really, pof - real life not really that different, Irish women want........and thats the problem. What do Irish women want? You malasam want every Irish man to think your special before he gets to know you but Irish men that have dated Irish women have that much "luck" that they couldnt be bothered most of the time. It doesnt matter if we put in the effort or not so why bother? Just throw a line out, if she's a bunny boiler she will
1. get offended easily = no sense of humour and who wants to date a dryshite?
2. want your phone number within the first or second day of contact = love at first e-mail? that doesnt work on soooooo many levels and they always turn out to be completely mad so stay away
3. reply with a one liner = she's high maintenance stay away, a man could spent a lifetime trying to please her and never never succeed, always wants what she doesnt have and is never happy with what she does have
4. rabbit on about something anything everything, get a professional hun like a head doctor and Im not one so goodbye and ps GET OVER IT
5. tell you how bad men have treated them in the past = and Im the next **stard in that list am I? Goodbye professional victim, if we men are that bed why are you on a dating site?
Ok thats enough to demonstrate what I mean. Send out 20 e-mails so get 1 reply, this reply will be someone that you like 1 time out of twenty, thats a lot of e-mails.
Everyone is different malasam and what works for one doesnt necessarily work for the next. Men have to read a lot of profiles before they find someone that just might be what their looking for and that never works because people describe themselves as who they think they are not who the others see them as. So why read the profiles unless theres at least a physical attraction? Bored at work maybe? Havin a laugh with the lads? Looking for a bit on the side? It starts with a physical attraction so take it as a complement. Theres as many muppet women in this country as muppet men, no point in getting in a huff about it. In your profession you should be able to work that to your advantage.
 MalaSam
Msg: 17
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/16/2008 6:56:11 AM
Christ, where do I start?

Want do women want? Thats a bit of a stupid question really. I know what I want, but as for erevy other woman, I have no idea! Maybe women should be treated as individuls and not all tarred with the same brush.

[You malasam want every Irish man to think your special before he gets to know quote]

WTF? Back to my previous point..............SLAGGING! There's no need to get personal.

Back to my very first point....the 'Hi Hun, How are you''

It a waste of time, its the same conversation EVERY TIME,How, are you? What you up to? Where you from? What you up to the weekend............ then that dries up and the conversation is dead.
 akaMrSmith
Msg: 18
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/16/2008 9:48:16 AM
How can that be personal? Its not slagging, Im not having a go at you malasam nor am I trying to chat you up using slagging as a medium. Its simple fact, to some people you are very special, friends, family, etc. but to a stranger you are just that, a stranger. How many strangers have you gotten to know in your life? How many have you not gotten to know? Most people you meet you will never know so why spend countless hours trying to think up unique chat up lines for someone that probably wont even reply? Why think that people should think up cool and unique chat up lines for you?

It a waste of time, its the same conversation EVERY TIME

That kinda suggests you are bored with the norm and are looking for something else, most people are more than happy with the norm so they act according to the norm. Hi Hun, How are you? could be translated to "Hello, I saw you profile and was captivated by your photo so I clicked on your user name to find out more. After reading your profile I felt compelled to write this e-mail simply because I laughed so hard when I read
DONT start a conversation with 'ARE YOU WET?' Unless you are taking to a Mermaid this is NOT appropiate!
Only a mind more twisted than mine could conceive the connection between a woman being WET and a Mermaid, I never looked at The Little Mermaid with sexual connotations before. So tell me malasam, when I write the word DRY what strange and wonderful thoughts do you have. Signed yada yada yada”
Would that lead to a more fruitful conversation?
PS Just kidding, be a comedian, have a laugh
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 19
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/16/2008 3:51:20 PM

a good way of testing the mettle of some men and seeing if they have a sense of humour or not.

Thats a two way street HUN hehe and ye ladies would love to see some of the bunny boilers Ive meet from pof.

Yes HUN...indeedily diddly doo ..

I'm actually amazed at your claims re being married off already at that point where you write "Hi Hun, how are you ?" especially given your resemblance to William H. Macy's portrayal of the guy with cerebral palsy who made good in that film about the trials and tribulations of being a door to door salesman in the 60's or more scarily that guy ...the psychopath in the Soprano's.

I have to agree with the OP and her belief that you are being an outrageous flirt right now and very insulting altogethe but I commend you on slipping in the back-handed compliment that the reason she recieves mail like that is because she is sooo pretty and attractive..nice one!!
 si-denada
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/16/2008 3:59:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Jaysus you are BAD

Do you think he'll somehow change his username to IGOTACOMPLEX after that.

I truly loved akaMrSmith's number 5...

"5. ...tell you how bad men have treated them in the past = and Im the next **stard in that list am I? Goodbye professional victim, if we men are that bed why are you on a dating site?"

Just a typical male (flame flame flame) he can't stop thinking about 'bed', when he really meant 'bad'.
 akaMrSmith
Msg: 21
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:29:53 PM
Did I say bed? Opps yes I meant bad, even trying to think of a pun about men and bed at this hour is to much.
PS IGOTACOMPLEX, nice I like it
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 22
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/16/2008 5:01:22 PM
^^^^^ dirt bag !!!

Keep your foul thoughts to yourself some of us prefer our desirable prospects to have a little charm and humour and we resent being bullied into laying down and thinking of Ireland on the whim of a sex mad Irish man.

If you were thinking of sending me a PM akaMrSmith ..you can forget about it after your display of hostility and misogyny on here this evening...

Yours,

disgustedley..

you great big player you and wholly holy disgrace!!
 akaMrSmith
Msg: 23
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/17/2008 12:13:51 AM
"wholly holy disgrace" why thank you.

As for charm....... do I look like a leprechaun?

"sex mad Irish man"? I passed my peak a decade and a half ago, Im ran clean out hun and dont even miss it "sex mad" haha

Lets be honest so, how many Irish women know how to make love to a man? How many Irish women think they know how to make love to a man? "laying down and thinking of Ireland" if that works for you go for it but with that mindset Im glad we are not lovers and to accuse me of misogyny is rubish for I love women <-----see my happy dancing banana
 EddyBarzoun
Msg: 24
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/20/2008 6:53:32 PM
For me it's hard for a man to make the first move and to shoot someone down just for trying to open a conversation is ignorance of the highest order in my opinion.

Everyone is on here for the same reason and the last time i checked that reason was'nt writing Oscar Wilde like prose to impress someone who may not like you c'mon girls grow up.
 akaMrSmith
Msg: 25
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/21/2008 3:25:29 AM
Nice Eddybarzoun, that sums up the feelings of a lot of men. The more honest decent men get shot down by ignorance the more they become ignorant they become themselves, its nice to be nice.
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 26
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/21/2008 4:53:33 AM
"Hi Hun, How are you ?"

Is not the way to begin a beautiful relationship or even friendship. All you can do is reply "I'm good thanks, how are you?" and then you mostly get nothing back or worse the response is "Would you like to meet?" to which I always say "Sorry but I don't even know you."

Your expectation of us women to be absolutely thrilled to bits that you took a few milli-seconds to pen such a half-hearted first contact message and be oh so incredibly grateful is delusional.

I would love to know what you really expect someone to reply to that sort of message would it be something like:
"OMG..I can't believe you finally messaged me...I've noticed your profile and was thinking of mailing you but I was too shy and fearful of rejection so I waited and prayed you'd be in touch. Now here we are..our first intro and I know we should meet immediately because I have been having sexual fantasies about you for the longest time...etc etc. "

I cannot believe the two men on here who have replied to this thread are suggesting that women should be grateful for those kind of scant, crap, rubbish messages.

You need to try harder if you want to make a good impression and I don't see what's wrong with a woman requiring good conversation with a man who is inspiring, witty, funny, interesting and not a big bore.

Next time I get a message like that I am going to be ultra-polite and write back
"Thank you for mailing me your insipid message, I am very flattered as I am sure you are a very nice man, it's a shame you are Mr. Nice but dim and not Mr. Exciting and interesting..but hey ho beggars can't be choosers so hit me with some more banl rubbish - it would really make my day"
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Hi Hun, How are you?