Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating at 60      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bernadette49
Msg: 1
Dating at 60Page 1 of 1    
I have read some of the forums about dating after 45 with also deals with dating in your 50's . I am a sensual and sexually active but sometime I dont feel that women of my age are appreciated. I would like to get some feed back from women of my age about their dating experiences.
 pretty moon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Dating at 60
Posted: 10/21/2008 2:27:56 PM
Unfortunately you arent going to get a lot of feedback on the forums with that question. There are very few people over 60 that post in the forums. Most arent even aware of them so I dont anticipate this thread will last very long.

As for my dating experiences from online...I dont think they are any different from ay other age group from what I read on the forums. You have honest people and then you have liars and cheats and those who just drop off the face of the earth lol

GOOD LUCK
 girlwillbegirl
Msg: 3
Dating at 60
Posted: 10/21/2008 5:33:23 PM
I'm 61 and have recently dated and been intimate with a man aged 46, don't know if it's going to flourish or fade away. Never gone out with someone so much younger than myself, I find it somewhat intimidating. I don't mean sexually, I'm talking about emotional closeness or the lack of. Actually, I'm not sure what I'm talking about . . . trying to figure things out.
 bernadette49
Msg: 4
Dating at 60
Posted: 10/21/2008 5:36:57 PM
I admire you. I have been approached by younger men and have considered it but never went through with it. It's very flattering when a younger man find me attractive. Thanks for responding.
 bob2013
Msg: 5
Dating at 60
Posted: 10/21/2008 5:53:19 PM
Just curious about the question bernadette, you have an age restriction of 48 to 57. So does it really matter about dating at 60 or above to you? Your a good looking woman and I'm sure you'll find what you seek. Just give it time and keep an open mind. As to age, who cares it's just a number, do as you feel, dating is the same as it was at 40. Bob
 Joyful2
Msg: 6
Dating at 60
Posted: 10/21/2008 6:48:56 PM
I'm not 60 yet, but not too far from it, so I'll take a shot at this thread. A lot of men in their 50s want to date much younger women and that's their prerogative. They associate sexiness with taut bodies exclusively. And many older women want to date younger men because they associate hunkiness with the higher testosterone levels that come with youth. But Bernadette, there ARE people out there who know the real deal -- that we are primarily Spiritual Beings living in a physical world -- and for those people we are all ageless and timeless, and we can have Big Fun until the day we pass on to the next world. Focus on finding those gems, my friend. Blessings...Joyful2
 lovesasmile
Msg: 7
Dating at 60
Posted: 10/21/2008 7:03:52 PM
As soon as I have a dating experience I promise I will let you know :)
 pazoozoo
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Dating at 60
Posted: 10/21/2008 7:37:34 PM
I am 60 and feel more appreciated than I would like to be. I have chosen to be celibate because I enjoy the company of many different men and prefer to leave sex out of the equation until the attraction is more than just a mild, romantic interest.

There are times I almost believe that my preference for celibacy is a relief to most of the guys I date. Yep, they sometimes make a try, but never seem to be upset when I explain my position. So far, none have dumped me because of the no sex rule.

I date men of many different ages, for many different activities. I have done a lot of meet and greets through dating sites, but most of the men I go out with are guys I've met IRL.

I sincerely believe there are two reasons I enjoy a certain popularity. I work hard to keep myself in some kind of reasonable condition. There are very few activities in which I cannot participate. Also, I am generous with my time and resources to my friends.
 bernadette49
Msg: 9
Dating at 60
Posted: 10/22/2008 9:22:41 AM
There are many women on the site who are 60 and above and are looking for the same thing as women who are 10 years younger.
 girlwillbegirl
Msg: 10
Dating at 60
Posted: 10/22/2008 9:31:47 AM
I think pazoozoo is onto something. I was celibate for several years, and now I'm having more than second thoughts about having been intimate with the young man I mentioned above. Because I didn't know him well enough before I got physically involved, and I am having doubts about whether he's really "relationship material". At this point, I'm very skeptical.
 Zx_Diesel
Msg: 11
Dating at 60
Posted: 10/22/2008 10:55:06 AM
Here is a younger man's perspective, while I say this tongue in cheek I believe it has some validity. Old enough to know better but young enough to do it!!! I have found that in my limited experience that older woman have an air about them that is "I know what I want and I am not afraid to get it." And no that isnt a sexual statement. Older women are much easier to, I dont know what is the word, read? A lot less BS and they come across more self assured.

Cheers to you!
Mr Whip
 SweetSmartNSassy2
Msg: 12
Dating at 60
Posted: 10/22/2008 6:02:34 PM
Dating at or around 60 is sorta like tip-toeing through a minefield. Then again, dating at any age can feel like that!

I like to date younger guys, even into their middle to late 40's. Some turn up seeming to think they're going to meet a women in her late 50's who looks like she's really 30-something and are a little disappointed when that doesn't happen. I keep myself in reasonably good shape, hair, makeup, etc., but the fact is this bod ain't 30 and won't be again in this lifetime!

To be fair, the vast majority of the younger men I've dated have been just fine and satisfied with whatever it is that attracts them to an older woman. Guess it's an individual thing. Whatever it is, I thank God for it!
 Ashley-dawn
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Dating at 60
Posted: 3/1/2010 12:57:35 PM
I sometimes wonder if men are trapped in a time warp. Do they still think that if we gals are sensual and sexually active that we are " loose women"????
Sure seems that way to me.
 artist_48
Msg: 14
Dating at 60
Posted: 3/1/2010 1:23:48 PM

I sometimes wonder if men are trapped in a time warp. Do they still think that if we gals are sensual and sexually active that we are " loose women"????
Sure seems that way to me.

Who cares? That just makes it easy by eliminating them as a choice of who you might date. :)
c-l-o-s-e-d minded....

There are many women on the site who are 60 and above and are looking for the same thing as women who are 10 years younger.

of course - there is really no difference in 50 and 60 except hopefully a bit more life experiences.

To G willbe G: no worries. Just enjoy it and get to know him. I'm 49 and I've dated younger, but a lot of men in their 30's are still dating around and trying to figure it all out- not saying that reaching 46 is the cure-all but he must be fairly grounded. Enjoy.

To the OP- it's a blend of people in the dating world; therefore , it's a blend of things when dating. I'm focused on quality, not quantity , and exploring a relationship with someone like- minded and like- hearted.
I've met some great guys, but the timing was off.
 FourmProfile
Msg: 15
Dating at 60
Posted: 3/1/2010 1:34:54 PM

Do they still think that if we gals are sensual and sexually active that we are " loose women"????

No.. personally, I expect a mature woman to be very comfortable with sex and her own sexuality. The one's that puzzle me are the one's who pretend they are "saving themselves" for something. Talk about freaking stupid.
 artist_48
Msg: 16
Dating at 60
Posted: 3/1/2010 2:25:11 PM

No.. personally, I expect a mature woman to be very comfortable with sex and her own sexuality. The one's that puzzle me are the one's who pretend they are "saving themselves" for something. Talk about freaking stupid.

Agreed.
 ohenryx
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Dating at 60
Posted: 3/16/2010 12:12:02 AM
At age 60, what can you possibly be saving yourself for? Have fun while you still can.
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Dating at 60
Posted: 3/16/2010 2:15:43 PM

Unfortunately you arent going to get a lot of feedback on the forums with that question. There are very few people over 60 that post in the forums.

Actually there are more of us than you know. I noticed that when I turned 60, email hits lessened. I think most men think in round numbers. 59 was so much better.

I tend to get emails from the very young (wanting to pop a *mature* woman) to fellows who remind me of my Dad. sigh
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Dating at 60
Posted: 3/16/2010 2:27:14 PM
I'd have to say I've done better since sixty than any other time in my life, lol! I attribute it not only to the fact that I've learned enough about relationships to actually make them work, but the males in my age vicinity have, too. Blessed all around if you ask me. . . .

Can't leave out that the internets have presented opportunities not formerly available.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating at 60