Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > craigslist casual encounters- any real or all scams?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 youll_be_surpised
Msg: 1
craigslist casual encounters- any real or all scams?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Under personal adds, Craigslist has a section for casual enounters. I've looked through several posts and also responded to a few but for the most part, they all look like scams.

Have any of you been able to make contact with a real person (and not a prostitute) through Craiglist casual encounters?

Oh, and I'd like to avoid debating the morality of seeking a casual encounters please. That is better left to another thread.
 cricket1014
Msg: 2
craigslist casual encounters- any real or all scams?
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:46:24 PM
My Female friend & I put seperate ads " Women looking for men"
on craigslist, we did'nt get any repleys.
 Renaissance Man 1950
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:47:14 PM
Yeah, I met someone from craigs list from "casual encounters". It was at an odd period in my life, when I was in a strange mood, and not something I'd do again.

You're right, though, when I was in that mode, I wrote to about a dozen, 11 of whom were scams or prostitutes.
 youll_be_surpised
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:49:04 PM
Strange, I would've thought that any women's any looking for a casual encounter would get dozens of replies.
 youll_be_surpised
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:49:50 PM
You are the first person I've seen that actually hooked up with someone through Craigslist.
 Renaissance Man 1950
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:56:22 PM

You are the first person I've seen that actually hooked up with someone through Craigslist.

In the case of the woman I met, I was the one who posted, and I presented a fairly unusual and "intriguing" scenario. It was one of those one time unrealized fantasies, and after putting the same post on 3 different craig's list sites, all of which are within easy driving distance, I received numerous responses,and one who followed through.

No biggie, really. There are a lot of bars, where you can find a casual encounter most nights of the week.
 oehkae
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:59:53 PM
Women do NOT have to put an ad on such sites. I all I wanted was a NSA I could
go to any bar at get that. Of course there are some that advertise on craigs list.
With all those foolish horny men willing to believe they are going to get laid
with no effort on their part of course they are mostly scams! No brainer!
 newblue1970
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/26/2008 2:50:43 PM
A friend of mine used it and found someone. It just takes patience and you cant ever expect anything.

A female I know use it as well and of course, she had LOTS of replied to weed through.
 DINO144
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/26/2008 2:52:36 PM
Under W4M (Casual Encounters)....... I would venture 85, 90% are just to get addresses for spam. Really the only people who use that kind of site for that purpose , seriously, are men (and in many cases it looks like gay men trying to do same day anonymous hook ups).

I think if you interviewed 10 or 20 normal average straight women off the street and asked if they'd ever post (or answer) a CL ad for a casual sexual encounter with a man who's a total stranger, you'd be lucky to find 1 or 2 who'd be intrigued by that thought.
 Renaissance Man 1950
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/26/2008 2:57:19 PM

I think if you interviewed 10 or 20 normal average straight women off the street and asked if they'd ever post (or answer) a CL ad for a casual sexual encounter with a man who's a total stranger, you'd be lucky to find 1 or 2 who'd be intrigued by that thought.

I think you'd be right, but there are those 1 or 2, who would be intrigued.

When I posted in casual encounters, it was to realize one of my few unrealized fantasies. I did, and, like most fantasies, it was more exciting in prospect than reality.

So, I don't think it's a "strategy" for meeting women, or even in finding sex. The OP asked if it ever really happens, and yeah,it does, but having done it, it's not something I'd do again. It wasn't awful. It just was what it was. Like participating the first time in W-M-W threesome, it was "ok", but not nearly as big a deal now.
 Witchypoo
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/26/2008 3:43:12 PM
I did place an add on Craig's list I think it was June, for casual encounters. It got pulled after a day and a half, but not before I was able to make some really nice connections.

In fact I am still seeing a lovely man I met with CL, we are both freaky little lovers in our very discreet little world. It was something taboo and I love livin on the edge.

My experience is very real, just like it was when I placed an add on AFF. To each their own. I enjoy my sexual side and am not afraid to express my true nature.

So not only have I been intrigued, I have been that 1 or 2 woman:)) I am also not disappointed in the result, like I said, I met a freak that parallels my freak and even though we both know it won't last forever, I will be having some freaking great memories.

:))
Witchy
 matt2467
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2011 11:22:07 AM
yes I have once but most people on there are bots or picture collecters
 suburban_gal
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/20/2011 8:15:27 AM
Most are spam. But I know a few people who met someone from CL casual encounters section.
 GirlyMuscle
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/20/2011 8:33:00 AM
I did not know this existed until someone showed me not to long ago and I was laughing but also disgusted at how many of the men from here had accounts on CL looking for random sex, or even offered to " donate" ( money ) for it. Yet were on here claiming to be the best catch ever who is not into one nighters and looking for long term. And 5 of these 9 men all came up with the same lie , that their angry Ex must have made up the CL account ( eye roll ). LOL Like any site I am sure some of it is scams, hell same go for on here too !
 CountryPolk
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/20/2011 10:21:57 PM
yep done it before alot of address collectors for spam
 tallshyman
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2011 2:19:53 PM
most of the ads on craigslistare are men looking sex with men
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2011 3:04:55 AM
i don't know if they are all scams but at least in the phoenix,az area they seem to be fake ads where you get no response.
 luckyextra43
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/19/2011 8:40:58 AM
i think they are all spam. is there anything out there that actually works?
 recreator611
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/19/2011 5:35:49 PM
Well....in thr fish bowl most woman are looking for a life time....not a hook up and as for the CL thing they are all scams....Ive advertised and was specific without results....oh well...theres one born every minute!....lol!
 mexirish123
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/4/2011 12:50:12 PM
I'm down lol javascript:smilie('')
 whileiwait
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/4/2011 1:31:25 PM
Yeah and she farted in her sleep ...
 Beachgirltoo
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2011 1:51:28 PM
I've never done Craigslist before, sounds really scummy and creepy. I have gone there to read the "missed connections" though. Pretty entertaining and fun to read when I'm bored.
 viper1j
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/4/2011 4:00:59 PM
When it was what I was looking for..

I saw more ass than a toilet seat from "casual encounters". I was fresh out of a relationship ,and couldn't care less about "Miss Right". All I wanted was "Miss Right Now".

But you would be surprised how quickly that gets old..
 totalazzhole
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/4/2011 4:19:12 PM
there have been a few murders from meetings based on craigslist ads for casual encounters.

http://communities.canada.com/calgaryherald/blogs/bladerunner/archive/2009/04/18/not-so-casual-encounters-the-craigslist-murders.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Markoff
 lymielymone
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/8/2011 2:50:47 PM
I've had four hookups from Craigslist. Actually, the first one wasn't intentional, and I lost my virginity to him, but he ended up being a Fwb situation. No regrets there. The other three guys were to nervous, and total busts.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > craigslist casual encounters- any real or all scams?