Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Intersex/Hermaphrodites      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 -LIL-
Msg: 1
Intersex/HermaphroditesPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Did anyone watch the programme on TV last week about babies born intersexed (Hermaphrodites) ... I missed it but would have liked to have seen it.

If you had a child that was born with two sets of genetalia, what decisions do you think you would make - for example, choose their sex for them and have doctors operate, or leave them to choose when they are older?

How do you think you would you feel if someone you were seeing told you they were born intersexed?

If someone told you before you were going to meet them for a date that they were born intersexed - would it put you off dating them?

Do you think people who were born intersexed are being deceiptful if they don't tell a potential future partner?

Your opinions ...
 im40now!
Msg: 2
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 10/30/2008 12:03:26 PM
what a question!! I didnt watch the programme, but it sounds interesting. Are they born with all female organs ie womb and everything as well?
Its a really difficult choice, as if you choose to operate and remove the womb and everything to bring the child up a boy, they could resent you big time, but then if you wait and let them decide themselves at an older age, they would grow up confused. Really really hard question, thank God I havent had to make it!
 traveller100
Msg: 3
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 10/30/2008 12:09:17 PM
I did not see the programme either. Did they say what would happen if they let nature take its course? Do they know if these poor people (life is tough enough without nature playing this trick) will grow to be physically men or women on the outside, apart from the plumbing bits, of course.
 -LIL-
Msg: 4
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 10/30/2008 12:24:27 PM
OK - I didn't watch it ... but I think ( feel free to correct me anyone more knowledgable!)... there are different levels of Hermaphroditeness (think I just made that word up lol!)

So someone intersexed could have external vagina & penis - but no womb perhaps ... then someone could have both complete sets of genetalia ... so on & so forth.

As for nature taking it's course ... again, I'm not sure - but I think once a sex has been decided on, the person would have to have hormone injections, testosterone if female genetalia removed for example.

someone must know for sure lol ...
 demonsleeves
Msg: 5
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 10/30/2008 12:32:41 PM
Ok,
I have known someone who was indeed born intersexed.At the time I knew him,he lived and identified as male.At the time,he said he had no intention of having any surgical procedures,and had intended on continuing to live his life as a heterosexual male.
While we were simply pen pals(he lives in U.K.,I live in U.S.)so anything other would have been impractical,he was a very warm,intelligent and honest person,and I would have been okay if the relationship had progressed as anything more than friends.
We did spend a few weeks together on holiday and had a great time.
Once he got back to the U.K.,I guess he drastically changed his mind on how he wanted to live as I understand through mutual friends that he is now living his life full time as a woman.
I hope his/her decision to do so suits him/her well and that he/she is happy.I only phrase it that way as I don't know if there's been surgical intervention.I have been led to believe there has been.
We're no longer in contact but gender did not play a role in our loss of communication.
 yet2bimpressed
Msg: 6
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 12/31/2008 12:39:54 PM
Love to meet a Herm. hook me up.
 *GlenW*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 12/31/2008 12:48:36 PM
Both sets of sex organs?
So, if someone told you to, 'Go F*** Yourself!', you could!
I wouldn't ever go out if I could do that!
 samstyles
Msg: 8
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 12/31/2008 12:49:57 PM

If you had a child that was born with two sets of genetalia, what decisions do you think you would make - for example, choose their sex for them and have doctors operate, or leave them to choose when they are older?

In most cases I believe one or the other set is not properly formed. In that case, where a strong leaning one way or the other is present I think I'd go with that.
Where it was a bit of a tiebreaker, I honestly dont know.

How do you think you would you feel if someone you were seeing told you they were born intersexed?
If someone told you before you were going to meet them for a date that they were born intersexed - would it put you off dating them?
Do you think people who were born intersexed are being deceiptful if they don't tell a potential future partner?

Its difficult to say how I'd feel if a potential partner told me that, I certainly wouldnt need to be told before we'd met and found out if we'd much in common, much of an attraction and I wouldnt feel they'd been deceiptful if they waited to tell me, as long as they let me know before any kind of sexual interaction.
 slim10022
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 12/31/2008 12:54:18 PM
I did know someone who was intersexed , i always knew her as female as she was my sisters friend and never thought of her any different than female .
As far as i know she remained on her own and became a farmer , dont know about now lost touch in the 70s .
 baal roop
Msg: 10
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 12/31/2008 12:57:30 PM
it would be freaky man to be dating a women then to be told by her she had a wanger as well as a la la..id be off man..i wouldnt want any dealings with that shit..id take a powder dude..zoom..id vanish into hyper space...feck that..
 *GlenW*
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 12/31/2008 1:01:45 PM
Oral sex with a hermaphrodite would be an experience to remember!
 Bright1Raziel
Msg: 12
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 12/31/2008 1:24:30 PM
For me there is no dificult question here at all.

Test there genes, that tells you if they should be male or female. Everything else is inconsiquential.
 Another_Musician
Msg: 13
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 12/31/2008 9:11:05 PM
I don't know how i'd answer that question.

I've only ever had one set of genitals, and they're still in (roughly) the original configuration.

When trying to understand, what that sort of experience would be like, i can't. It's something that i've never undergone, and i do not have the tools or the life experience to talk about.

From the point of view of children, you've got until the hormones start kicking in for puberty before you have to make permanent decisions, so you've got time to ask them their opinion as to what they want from their life..

From a purely bio-chemical point of view...

It's already happening. Look at the effects of the pollution on fish. Male fish converting to female form. Better chance of breeding survival.

Warrencraig
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 12/31/2008 11:48:50 PM
depends what we define someones sex by really.

If you go by genetics then you are either female or male. From what i understand of genetics any featus with other combinations of genes is unlikely to survive pregnancy anyway. Obviously genetics giving you the sex of a person merely means that "intersex" people are just deformed rather than a specific sex.

If you go by genitalia then the answers are not obvious!! you could make a choice say if one set of genitalia were incomplete to operate and change sex to the "complete" genitalia sex.

Where things go in more complex cases is hard to say.

A child who lives his early years up to adolescence with no sex identity could well suffer a lot of confusion and isolation, not to mention bullying. In adolescence such a child would be better placed to make decisions as hormones and personal preferences would kick in more, but i would imagine the bullying would be horrendous if things are not very carefully managed.

You could probably argue that having one sex identity from birth would solve most of those issues. you would then carry the risk that the child grows up and identifys themself with the opposite sex to what was forced on them by surgery.

Sexual identify comes from many factors including genetics, hormones, upbringing etc.

On balance of probabilities Id choose to have my intersex child put into one distinct sex as in likely terms less psychological harm will happen. An intersex child growing up as the wrong sex will come to no more harm than a normally sexed child who grows up to become TV and has the ops etc. Psychologically it would be similar with the exception of course that the intersex child would find out about the childhood ops and may have resentment as a result.

These days as adults people in our society regularly choose to identify with another sex and some go as far as having the ops to do it. An intersex child who grows up at odds with his physical sex would be able to fit in with society within the range of accepted adult norms and go through ops etc if they so wished and live a normal life.

I have no idea how id react to an intersex person i met for dating. Id like to think i would consider them as the whole balance of thier characteristics not just thier specific genitalia, but being a hetrosexual person if there are not enough "female" features to trigger subconcious attraction then i doubt it could work. There has to be that basic chemistry in my opinion for any relationship.

I could imagine in some relationships an inability to bear children may be a deal breaker too. I know you can adopt/surragecy/fostering these days but not everyone feels able to do that. Im fairly open minded about children but that may change as i get older and if having my own child with my partner was reallly important to me then having a relationship with an intersex partner who could not do that would be a lot harder. I dont think it would end such a relationship if you loved them but like many challenges in life it could be hard to deal with.

Personally i would like to know if someone was intersex before a relationship became sexual as unwanted surprises might be off putting!! Obviously for someone who appears in everyway to be female but was born intersex, theres no surprise and in all honesty its not a big deal as its merely part of thier "health history", but if the person has mixed up or only partial genitalia then id consider it something you should discuss before getting intimate out of consideration for each other really. Getting them undressed and seeing a c*ck when you wernt expecting it might be offputting and would probably get a "WTF" type reaction!!!!!
 Ra463
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 1/31/2009 1:11:17 AM
i was hopeing to find a herm near me but i didnt think they were around but i was just wondering any herm's near sheffield please message me
 santaclaus58
Msg: 16
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 4/30/2009 2:26:59 PM
I too would be interested on dating a hermaphrodite. I think it would interested. They are a person and I would not treat them any different.
 8 THE POWER OF 8
Msg: 17
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 4/30/2009 2:29:07 PM
Jamie lee curtis was born one
 scintillation1
Msg: 18
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 4/30/2009 2:35:20 PM
So was lady gaga apparently. She is said to still have a small penis.
 Paulinemab
Msg: 19
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 4/30/2009 2:40:27 PM
Rumours about Jamie Lee Curtis, never substantiated, because she adopted her 2 kids and has a first name that could be male or female.
 ibakecakes
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 4/30/2009 2:48:20 PM
A member of my family has 2 sets of sexual organs but both are female......so she has 2 vaginas, 2 wombs, 2 sets of tubes etc etc. Medical opinion is that she was originally one of twins and that as a foetus, she absorbed the other.
Now, it would apparently be possible for her to become pregnant in one set of organs/womb....ten some time later, pregnant in the other. They think it is unlikely as one set will probably be properly mature and the other not.........................
 FunkyMonkee
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 4/30/2009 3:42:54 PM
My gut reaction based on 0zero research would be to choose a sex.
 Bright1Raziel
Msg: 22
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:32:46 AM

Medical opinion is that she was originally one of twins and that as a foetus, she absorbed the other.

Its more likely that a chemical in the womb caused the fetus to form two buds that grew into the sex organs rather than one. This is actually relativly comon in nature and two headed turtles snakes and lizards pop up all the time.

However if the doctors say that its more likely that she absorbed her twin (knowns as chimeric absorbtion), then its probably because there is very little simlarity between the two sets of organs and therefore less likely they grew from the same bud.

Now, it would apparently be possible for her to become pregnant in one set of organs/womb....ten some time later, pregnant in the other. They think it is unlikely as one set will probably be properly mature and the other not.........................

That is true, It is unlikely that either set of sex organs would be fully functional due to lack of space for development. But if both were developed enough, she could potential get pregnant in both at the same time.

An intresting side note, is that if she dose infact have her twins womb, then it may not necicerily have her DNA. She could give birth to a child that is dose not share her genetic makeup.

A woamn in England has already had to fight a court case over this, when a genetic test proved that the child she gave birth to, was not genetically hers. After a long series of court cases and medical tests, it was eventually found that her womb and falopian tubes were not genetically the same as the rest of her body. The doctors figured that she must have absorbed her non identiacal twin, and the only part that survived was the womb.
 ibakecakes
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:38:56 AM
Wow, B1R, interesting stuff..........thanks for all that info......especially about the DNA thing.................
 The_Perfect_Partner
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 5/10/2011 6:00:31 PM
Well me if i had to choose my childs sex i wouldnt make the choice i would let them grow up and if they feel that they want to change then i wouldnt stop them its their choice but to be honest after seeing a lot of pictures and videos of them i would actually rather have a relationship with one as its a new fantasy and i actually would get turned on if i had a girlfriend who was intersexed it is quite awesome i believe and also i think hermaphrodites are a new kind of human as are shemales yeah they might of used to be men but they are another new kind of breed of human thats why i think mankind is a very strong word as it has a very strong meaning cause there is all kinds of humans but we all stand as one huge amazing civilization we are the only life in our solar system that we know of so far but there was something that the sumerians did say in there texts which was that there were beings from another world called nibiru who came down and landed on earth but that planet nibiru also known as Planet X orbits our sun every 3,600 years and its orbit is an eliptical orbit like an egg shape and it is further than the Planet Pluto and its on its way to the sun once again which we should see it on the 21st of December 2012 if the scientists are correct. sorry about blabbing i got carried away but yeah thats why we say mankind cause there is so many different types all around the world.
 bambi**
Msg: 25
Intersex/Hermaphrodites
Posted: 5/12/2011 2:11:52 AM
If i had a baby who was both sexes id leave it as ive looked into this a lot and the sex the doctors and parents go with isnt always the sex this person is .( Id wait) . If the person was born both sexes and lived as a guy . yip id date them id have no isues with it at all as they were born this way ..
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Intersex/Hermaphrodites