Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How Long Does It Usually Take a Guy To Introduce You To His Family      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sexytanish
Msg: 1
How Long Does It Usually Take a Guy To Introduce You To His Family Page 1 of 1    
ok , everyone i need some serious opinions
i've been dating a guy for about six months now (we arent in a relationship)
we both agreed to it as we want to take our time getting to know each other fully. we have alot in common/i tell him everthing i would hope he also tells me everthing.
we met on the street and at that point i wasnt seeking anything but as i got to know him i fell hard we both did actually . to the point where we actually say i love you to each other now . we argue and always find a way to fix it , two weeks ago we had a big argument and i told him never to call me again . later on that night he came all the way over to my house from work to fix the problem cause he claims im the best thing that has ever happened to him and he cant loose me . (ill be honest i feel the same way but i only cut him off to see what great lengths he'll go throught to make it work)
anyways.my problem ive introduced him to my family which is something i rearly do,
i did it because i really really like him, ive yet to meet his family i havent asked because i dont want to seem pushy , but he always want to come to my house to hang and never at his . (thanksgiving and christmas is coming so im gonna wait and see it he even invites me over) cause im feeling like maybe he doesnt want me to meet his family.
also he tends to ask me questions like do i think love is enough to keep relationship working . when i answer and ask why , he'll say no reasons just reffering to the women i dated in the past and im starting to feel as i maybe he isnt so much over his past . because he always talk and ask me questions referring to it . so to both questions does anyone have an answer.
sorry for writing so much just wanted everyone to get a clear point of view of my situation .
 Jane-Doe
Msg: 2
How Long Does It Usually Take a Guy To Introduce You To His Family
Posted: 11/2/2008 11:07:50 AM
As soon as he realizes YOUR the one!
 prurire
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/2/2008 11:24:09 AM
As you have said that you aren't in a relationship then why should he introduce you to his family? Just because you have doesn't mean he should.

None of us are going to know - all we can do is speculate.

Perhaps he has a crappy family and doesn't want you to meet them.

How come you can be honest here and say that you feel the same way as he says he does but with him, who you are supposed to love blah blah blah, you want to play games to see the great lengths he will go through?

Perhaps it would be better if you quit testing him and simply start enjoying him.

Regarding how long it takes for a guy to introduce you to his family - there is no specific amount of time and lots of reasons why a guy might want you or NOT want you to meet his family which have absolutely nothing to do with you.
 kewlpeeps
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/2/2008 11:28:57 AM
Only saw one question ... got a little lost in the long post ... this always a personal thing of when to introduce someone to the family. For me it would be at or past the 5 month mark.
 Wildman46
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/2/2008 11:31:07 AM
Why is it a big deal to meet the family of some guy you're NOT in a relationship with?.
Are you in the habit of introducing your FWB to your family?
 lalala1284
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/2/2008 11:38:05 AM
Give me a break. You don't have to be in a relationship with someone, just to get introduced to the parents.

Just the other night I met a guy off of a social network, and since I still live at home with my parents, I thought it would be appropriate for them to meet. I do still live underneath their roof.
 Chimera_Obscura
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/2/2008 2:15:43 PM
I was going to say the usual if you're not in a relationship why should he intro you to his family.
Then I remembered a guy I dated once. Nicest guy ever. His family made the Addams Family look normal! Mother was a bit wacky. Cats, and clocks, the ticking was enough to send anyone over the edge! Father tried to feel my breasts all night - And didn't seem to be doing it perversly. It was like he just thought it was a good idea or something. His brother ( I think) was so asexual, I am still not sure if it was male or female.
So maybe he does just have a dysfuctional family and you're better off not meeting them.
 buttonsone1
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2008 2:57:42 PM
How close is he with his family? If he is not close with them why would he go through the trouble of introducing you unless you are serious. It does not seem as tho you are very seriously dating anyways.... You aren't in a relationship. I think you should focus on that... Obviously you act like you are in a relationship and I can only assume you aren't seeing other people. Get that straightened out, then work on meeting the family.
 lostintheshuffle
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/3/2008 8:09:13 AM
It honestly depends on how much he likes you and if he still lives with his family.

I have female friends that everyone loves, she meets the families on first dates, yada yada yada. I have female friends that ummm only select people like. They never meet families unless its a must sort of thing.
 whytwater
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/3/2008 8:31:23 AM
When my kinda bright, fast-talking daughter first learned that I was signing on to a dating site, and anticipating that I might actually meet somebody, she said, "Dad! Introduce them to your family as soon as possible. It's your strongest point."
It went right over my head when she said it, and she was gone before I caught up to it.
 Alabamamam
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/3/2008 3:43:14 PM
My exprience with previous fellas was definite. They are going toward a marrige department. I am not refering to those guys whom I dated in Hs, coolge and we were hanging in each other houses and still were living with folks.
 Jane-Doe
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/3/2008 4:19:05 PM
So lets say he does introduce you to his family/parents...now what? Does it mean anything? If so, what?
 Vashti65
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2008 7:15:11 PM
OP,

How long it takes a guy to introduce you to his family is an individual thing. It has been my experience that meeting a guy's family sheds a lot of light on the guy. Afterall, these are the people who played a part in his nurturing or lack of nurturing, his conditioning, from whom he learned many of his values or lack of values etc. If you are just casually dating, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. If you decide to take things to a more serious level, then I would be hesitant to do so if meeting his family is off limits. The fruit never falls far from the tree...and some trees are filled with NUTS!

Vash
 KeeperSWM
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/4/2008 2:55:24 PM
Jane Doe, it doesn't mean you are the one....

What if your Mom and Dad just stopped by your place and caught YOU in the act ? Not the best time for introductions, is it?.......That's why I usually wear an old pizza delivery shirt from the Goodwill store, just in case.....Uhh, Thank You Ma'am!!!!
 Jane-Doe
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/4/2008 5:25:01 PM
Was that food for thought?

They wouldn't catch me in the act, because I make them call first before coming over

Will you be here soon?
 HoldingMe
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/8/2008 4:11:17 AM
He can take his sweet time, and "never" would be fine with me. I'm not into the "meeting the family" thing.
 Smoothsoul
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/8/2008 1:44:57 PM
So you've been dating a guy for six months and you're not in a relationship? You say you fell hard for him and you all say " i love you" but you're not in a relationship? You kind of lost me right there! The holidays are coming up and he'll probably be with you and your family. He hasn't introduced you to his family yet,so chances are you won't be going to meet has family for the holidays,especially since you're not in a relationship!
 Refinedsillyguy
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/8/2008 1:49:03 PM
hmmm half a year long time to be dating someone..

If I liked the girl enough to date her for six months, I would have talked about taking things to the next level already..

But it all depends on both people. How they treat the relationship..

Me as a guy. I treat the relationship from how the girl treats it..Kind of along the 'You get what you give' line..
 Megaladonfishy
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2008 2:42:49 PM
Everyone's different, some only want to if they're in a serious relationship while others drag everyone they meet over, and everywhere in between. Now i might worry if you have the we're a couple, not seeing anyone else talk and he still doesn't. However, that being said, some people are not embarrassed about their SO, they are sometimes Embarrassed about their family, or the family's living conditions. It's something you just have to talk to the individual about , guessing will only give you anxiety attacks , sometimes they can get very defensive about their families, you have to ask in non confrontational ways, just start by asking him to tell you about them , stories and such. You have to use your feminine wiles to circumvent roadblocks
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How Long Does It Usually Take a Guy To Introduce You To His Family