Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Facial hair on Asian guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wireless2200
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Facial hair on Asian guys?Page 1 of 1    
Any females here notice that Asian guys have very little facial hair? I am Asian myself and am 22 and cannot grow a beard. I don't think a beard would look good on me anyways but it seems Asians are the only males that rarely grows much facial hair.

Ladies, what are you thoughts about this?
 kane stays
Msg: 2
Facial hair on Asian guys?
Posted: 11/7/2008 4:58:50 PM
I think you are going to save a lot of money on razors and shaving cream. Some woman don't even like facial hair on a man. Don't sweat the small stuff.
 Bellydanza
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/7/2008 4:59:33 PM
Yeah I'm one of those who don't like facial hair. But I do like Asian men. Maybe that's why
 showmenow1
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/7/2008 5:08:40 PM
It is due to the lack of testosterone, hope this helps
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2008 5:19:11 PM
i like the comment about shaving money on razors. i wouldn't let it bother me if i were you. it's not common for an asian man to have facial hair just like it's not common for asian to be over weight. imo.
 nexthyme
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2008 6:37:45 PM
American Indian are not known to have much facial hair either. Genetics.
 jazmella
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/7/2008 7:10:35 PM
Haha, some men I've spoken with would consider you LUCKY, as they think shaving everyday is a pain in the behind! ;-)
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2008 7:37:19 PM
^^^As an Asian guy who can grow facial hair, I have to agree with your friends. But, the ability to grow facial hair does make one feel more masculine.

OP, if you want to be able to grow facial hair, eat more red meat and other foods high in zinc. It's supposed to elevate your testosterone levels.
 WackMC
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/7/2008 11:15:50 PM
I dunno how many old kung-fu flicks have the old master with a white beard down to his waist and his still kicks ass. It may take 70 years, but your beard will grow in. Oh, and don't dress in orange, women will think you are a monk.
 BrittyW
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2008 1:02:46 AM
You are lucky bud,
i think facial hair is a turn off..
only looks good on some guys..
 SAIUN
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/8/2008 1:51:02 AM
I can grow facial hair but pretty much everyone I've spoken to says that they don't like the look of facial hair on an asian guy, so I choose to shave regularly. Go figure.
 bullielover62
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/8/2008 11:34:33 AM
*We're* never happy with what we have, are we?

Those without want, those with don't want.... it's just a need to have, try, be that which we aren't.

I personally don't like facial hair on a man, so that would be moot for me. But since you seem to want it, start taking a razor to your face daily.... scrape the shit out of your face every day for about 20 years and then see how much you really want some stubble.

Then come back and tell us how ya feel about it.

Or buy a beard at the local costume shop and give that a whirl.

*sorry......... too much time on my hands today and crappy weather to boot.
OK OK fine............ I'm off to watch some football. sheesh
 happyrebel
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2008 1:21:22 PM
Having facial hair or not is never a factor with me. Some guys look good with it and some don't. What I find interesting is that the ones that can't grow the facial hair are also usually the ones with little chest hair...but that's not always the case. And as someone else has said, American Indian heritage does not favor facial hair or body hair usually. Personally I'd think it'd be in your favor-especially when it comes to kissing, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had terrible abrasions from kissing someone who's shave was not close enough.

HR
 Padawan61
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2008 12:19:39 AM
I once saw a semi-bald Asian dude with a rather lengthy beard. He looked like a Fu-Manchu reject ... or some escapee from Planet of the Apes.

Haha, some men I've spoken with would consider you LUCKY, as they think shaving everyday is a pain in the behind! ;-)

It would be if they had to shave their behinds too.
 NightElfWarrior
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2008 8:30:39 AM
Hey, don't pay any attention to the people telling you it's a testosterone thing. I'd like to see some scientific evidence before I believe that! I remember a story about some asian guy from canada who was a serial rapist, and he had no facial hair either (not that I think being a serial rapist is such a fantastic thing). Some asians just grow more facial hair than others.
 toomuch13
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/10/2008 8:34:41 PM
I don't like facial hair. I had a Hispanic ex-boyfriend who could not grow one either. All he got were a few hairs.

I hate stubble and facial hair myself.
 Jashaa
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2008 9:38:45 PM

Hey, don't pay any attention to the people telling you it's a testosterone thing. I'd like to see some scientific evidence before I believe that! I remember a story about some asian guy from canada who was a serial rapist, and he had no facial hair either (not that I think being a serial rapist is such a fantastic thing). Some asians just grow more facial hair than others.

So you equate being a rapist to having alot of testosterone? Pretty sure rape is more of a control thing instead of uncontrollable libido.
 NightElfWarrior
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2008 10:06:58 PM
I don't purport to be an expert. I'm no psychiatrist. But I have read before that rapists have very high libido's (can you have that without lots of testosterone?). Here is another data point. I googled a story from a Norwegian website (www.aftenposten.no), and I quote:
"Denmark has conducted voluntary hormone treatments on 25 sex offenders since 1989. None has committed a sexual assault after treatment."
 honor77
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/10/2008 11:29:11 PM
I love it when a guy is clean shaven. I would say embrase it! It's nice when you kiss a guy and don't get wisker burn. lol
 michigangirly
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2008 11:28:53 AM
I don't like facial hair.
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2008 11:34:23 AM
My last boyfriend was part asian and he had a face full of facial hair. He looked like someone that lived on the run. I didn't like all that facial hair it looked unkept. I prefer a little cause my face is sensitive and it gets red after I have been kissing.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Facial hair on Asian guys?