Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why would a married man take off his wedding rings?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dare2bmetoo
Msg: 1
Why would a married man take off his wedding rings?Page 1 of 1    
Lets face it, we all have heard about the unbelievable excuses or reasons that a man took off his wedding rings. But honestly, to the point. Why would you, as a married man, take off your wedding rings?
 memyselfandus
Msg: 2
Why would a married man take off his wedding rings?
Posted: 11/12/2008 5:30:07 PM
Rings could not be worn where I used to work. That could be a reason.

I love the guys that go out and slip their wedding band on their baby finger--haaa as if so damn obvious....then they can slip it right back on when they get home....quite convenient...
 devil163
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 5:32:42 PM
well here's all the reasons i could think of;

1- He's tired of his wife and wants something new
2- Separated but not divorced and figures he won't show the right image to the other girls
3- He needs money and pawns it
4- Doesn't want you to know that he's married
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 5:34:59 PM
*To have it cleaned/polished
*Because I'm working on the car/equipment/with power tools
*Because it gets clammy in the summer and I need to 'dry' that finger (note: this can be accomplished without full removal, but it's easier to just take it off)

~ds~
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/12/2008 5:36:18 PM
Because he wants to go out and talk to women and tell them that the marriage is over.
 Palomar
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 5:52:07 PM
David S. is right. If you work with dangerous tools, it's often not safe to wear a ring. You can't even wear long hair, loose clothing, or a necktie near some equipment.

Of course, it's even more dangerous to be stepping out on your wife...
 hard starboard
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 6:02:12 PM
Because gold is a good conductor.
There are many good reasons a married man will take off his ring.
But, let's face it... Msg 5 is the only one you're going to believe.
 onib4ku
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/12/2008 6:07:28 PM
the ring looks bad on his hand?
i know rings look terrible on my hands....
maybe if it were a ring on a necklace id wear it...
 atsomepoint
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/12/2008 6:43:21 PM
As a few of the above said, I only wore my wedding ring when I wore my watch due to my job.

I also know of a guy who worked on a farm who lost his finger when he jumped of a tractor and he caught his ring on a hook.
 AK-12
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 7:02:26 PM
My ex husband never wore his ring because it allegedly bothered him. His knuckle was bigger then his finger so it fit big and spun around. Well, he wears it now with his current wife (same one he cheated on me with) I'm sure she has his nuts in her palms like that.
Anyway, some guys don't wear it because of their jobs and others because some girls want someone who is taken for the excitement of taking what belongs to someone else. Or well the obvious factor he doesn't want anyone to know that he is taken.

Final analysis: A ring is only but a symbol and if a guy wants to cheat he will do it whether he decides to wear it or not.
 Ralleac
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 7:14:36 PM

Why would you, as a married man, take off your wedding rings?

I'm not married, but I dislike jewelry. I won't even wear a watch.
 Thanks From CT
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/12/2008 7:33:32 PM
Well I’ve never been a married man or had a wedding ring but can offer this:
Men don’t (really shouldn’t) wear rings when playing sports due to the risk of severe injuries or at the very least blood blisters.
The same goes for resistance training at the gym.
 chatte
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 8:41:31 PM
My exhusband was a firefighter. He never wore any jewelry while he was on duty. Off duty he had an earring, wore his wedding ring and a watch if we were going out. But most of the time he kept everything off instead of going through the on/off stuff. It could simply be his profession.
 Zentimes
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 8:47:40 PM

Why take off the wedding ring?
The removal of a wedding ring for a few hours is really nothing -- for a day--> nothing! but for more than a week ? Uhmmm ~> Its TO SCREW ! Yep he's going to screw things up by screwing around with some dumb unsuspecting fool!
 stargazer1000
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/12/2008 8:48:55 PM
When I was married, mine bothered me. I started developing a rash.

hey, we bought the rings (together) at Wal-Mart so I guess you get what you pay for. And I certainly paid for that marriage, in the long run.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/12/2008 10:14:47 PM
Um perhaps because he's a SLEAZEBAG...........................
 ValentinoScaramanga
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/13/2008 4:26:42 AM
Hmm, if I were married the only reason I'd only ever remove my ring would be if I had to manufacture a clever 'A-Team' style gizmo of some kind in order to survive.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2008 4:46:05 AM
I could never have a ring on, they drive me crazy. Rings do not mix with lots of jobs or sports. I have seen fingers ripped off do to having rings on not once but two time while in the army. This was something I saw happen, it is real. Rings do not stop guys from hitting on women or being hit on. I have knowen single guys that put them on because they said it helped pick up women. The question is why are you worried about it?
 wynd1
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/13/2008 5:44:16 AM
On or Off, it doesn't make you less married! Irritants, chemicals, household cleaning and extra dry skin would have me taking mine off. Health care workers often take them off due to germ/bacteria traps and constant hand washing or the stones rip gloves.
 BryWithAYFromCA
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2008 6:04:49 AM
Some environments require no jewelry - manufacturing, etc.

Maybe they take them off so that the hooker won't steal it?

Bry
 oldsoul
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/13/2008 6:19:55 AM
My father never wore a wedding ring and he's very much married and devoted to my mother to this day. My ex never wore a ring because of his job. And a lot of women I work with (mainly nurses and technicians) do not wear rings for safety and health reasons. Not wearing a ring doesn't make someone any less married or committed IMO.

JMO
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why would a married man take off his wedding rings?