Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > White women looking only for black men, reasons beyond preference?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NiceKnight
Msg: 1
White women looking only for black men, reasons beyond preference?Page 1 of 1    
I have come to realize that some white women have a preference for black men and refuse to talk to me since I am white. I realize that these women have a preference, as is their right (it's a free country). I know that these women obviously find black men more preferable, could be sexually, emotionally, intellectually, spiritually, whatever. I know there are millions of other women out there who would be open to talking to me. Yet at the same time, it's never fun to be excluded by women based on my color. This is subjective here. There are many ladies who I find very attractive will not talk to me because of my color. Some women have told me they feel the same way when men pass them over because they are too heavy (crudely stated fat). Beyond the preference issue, what attracts white women to black men? I realize the answer depends on each individual but go on and tell me. Maybe I can learn how to be a better person and more attractive to ladies. Thanks
 MizQ
Msg: 2
White women looking only for black men, reasons beyond preference?
Posted: 11/15/2008 9:30:42 AM
I have come to realize that some white women have a preference for black men and refuse to talk to me since I am white.

Your point is??

You are not black. You will never be black. So, build a bridge and get over it.

Seek out women that are attracted to what YOU offer and do not waste one more precious minute of your life worrying about the ones that are not.

~EQUE~
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/15/2008 9:33:00 AM
I think it's just as you say " a preference" I can only speak for myself when I say I love all men of all races.
Black, white, Asian, Hispanic, ect..... For me, it's the mind that makes it or breaks it.
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/15/2008 9:41:57 AM
Oh this is my favorite topic when guys are not finding dates.

OP some black men come on here claiming that white women don't like them. Now what do you make of that??? It's like getting to the center of a tootsie pop...the world may never know. People like what they like, if you don't fit into their likes, move onto someone who does like you.

So let me get this straight. ALL white women don't like you because you are white? You don't think there is anything else about you like your attitude, way you dress, etc or any other number of things that white women are not liking about you? How about black women, asian women, latin women? Are they flocking to you? I've said it before and I'll say it again...just because your mama thinks you are cute, doesn't mean everybody else will.
 Thunderstorms62
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/15/2008 9:44:07 AM
OP,
Good luck with this thread because I see a storm brewing on the horizon.
Preferences are.....preferences regardless of gender, race or creed. Some may not
wish to go farther than that Mr. NiceKnight. Peace!
 ice n diamonds
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/15/2008 9:49:15 AM
its purely down to preference, n what turns us on, for some its blonde hair, for others its brunettes....we all have an idea of who we wanna be with....so your just have to wait for the women who have u as their preference to mail u......lol..........................
 MizQ
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/15/2008 9:54:40 AM
Maybe I can learn how to be a better person and more attractive to ladies.

THAT perception is a good indication as to why you are still single.
 afashionlady
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:06:55 AM
Ummm

The same thing that attracts black women to white men? It's a preference.

If you're going to base this on something else...please say EXACTLY what you mean. If you're trying to say you think it's because some white women buy into the black men have bigger penises crap, then I feel bad for you for thinking that. If you're thinking that these women might be considered rejects by other whites, again...bad thinking. If you're thinking anything beyond the fact that they are choosing who they're attracted to--and sometimes it's not any deeper than that--you're thinking way too hard about people who shouldn't matter to you.

As a black woman, and a chunky black woman, and a black woman who OPENLY dates other colors, nothing says rejection more than being attracted to a non-black guy that completely overlooks you because he's a) never thought of dating a black woman, or b) wants to but feels that his friends/family will disown him or c) a whole myriad of other reasons I might think are stupid but it's their world. I date MEN--black, white, asian, latino, whatever. But I approach it as they're men--not saying I don't look at their color but it's not the first factor that I use in being attracted to them. Intelligence, a sense of humor, a good sense of self--those things have no color attached to them at all.

Instead of worrying about being attractive to that SMALL segment of white women who date black men, why not try to be attractive to the REST of us? Have YOU ever considered dating a black woman? Or a Latina or Indian? No--then why not? If the women you're all worried about have looked outside of THEIR normal horizons...why don't you?

I'm not saying that to be mean--you know me well enough to know that--but I'm just wondering what, beyond trying to make that small segment of white women who prefer other colors feel bad for overlooking you, are you trying to ask?

You have preferences right? You won't date just any woman who comes your way. So...why be worried about these women who have their preference?

You could be doing a million other things than being worried about those women NiceKnight. You're smarter than that--I hope.

AFL.
 CMonster
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:14:46 AM
Maybe I can learn how to be a better person and more attractive to ladies.

THAT perception is a good indication as to why you are still single.

I agree. I've yet to find any one characteristic which is innate to solely any one race. The problem the OP is encountering is purely aesthetic. It's the same thing that every person on this site contends with. None of us are going to be attractive to everyone and the chance of our attraction to someone being reciprocated is even less. It's just the way that things are.
 ~EQUE~
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:24:55 AM

If you're trying to say you think it's because some white women buy into the black men have bigger penises crap, then I feel bad for you for thinking that.

You mean that's not true?!?! WTF!

J/K good point luv
 MizQ
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:26:08 AM
white women buy into the black men have bigger penises crap

Eureka! You caught us!
 girlwillbegirl
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:27:34 AM
I like three legged men of all colors.
 DRU333
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:32:49 AM
I prefer blacks and latinas but i have dated white girls b4. Nothing wrong with you. Just some ppl are that way.
 afashionlady
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:33:22 AM
HAHAHAHAAA

~EQUE~ girl you're funny.

If it were...never mind. Let's just say I can assure any man who believes it to be true that it AIN'T.
 lostgirl71
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:36:35 AM
I do not like green eggs and ham
I do not like them on a plain
I do not like them on a train
would not, could not, in a box.
I could not, would not, with a fox.
I will not eat them with a mouse.
I will not eat them in a house.
I will not eat them here or there.
I will not eat them anywhere.
I do not eat green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

Hmmm .. guess it is true everything you need to know about life you learned in kindergarten ... They dont like you - so Move on. no need to dwell, no matter what you do they dont like you get it?

Attraction is a powerful thing - because your attracted to them doesnt mean they are attracted to you...
 brown_eyed_woman
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:45:50 AM
Even if thier preferance is 'beyond' something-they like black men, you are white.

You are disqualified, sorry.

I know some men who will only consider dating asian women. I am disqualified. Just the way things go.
 oldsoul
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:57:10 AM
And some men prefer women with long hair. So what?

All it means is that I'm not for them.

Like the hundreds of other little things about me that leaves me out of the running for most people.

At least I certainly hope it does - unless one desires to be a sheep or a clone, I can't imagine wanting to be for everyone.

JMO
 candid_1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2008 11:06:48 AM
...I realize the answer depends on each individual but go on and tell me. Maybe I can learn how to be a better person and more attractive to ladies...

How on earth do you propose to "better" yourself to the point that you change race? WTF??? Easier to lose weight, work out, grow a 3rd leg... Get over it. You are not black. It is highly unlikely you will ever be black.

Re - schlong rumor... have found some, let's just say... not so blessed, but I did name my dildo Mandingo LOL...
 ml456
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/15/2008 11:45:33 AM
Most people are attracted to certain physical trait(s) whether it's hair color, body type, race, height etc. I am just generally attracted to black men although I have dated men from other races. Regardless of what you look like, they will always be some people who aren't attracted to you. For example, some men might not date me because I'm not blonde or because they are attracted to curvy or chubby women.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > White women looking only for black men, reasons beyond preference?