Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > dating foreigners      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 caramelspice
Msg: 1
view profile
History
dating foreignersPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
so ladies
so many complaints about not meeting a decent guy ,about not seeing genuine ppl how about giving sum of us foreign blokes a chance atleast chat to us before deleting our mails ,what i want sum input on is why most irish women tend to be biased on skin color an what dont they like about foreign men ?
 caramelspice
Msg: 2
view profile
History
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/16/2008 5:35:04 AM
wow 10 views an no replies any opinions out there ,my philosophy is simple if ur partner respects u ,treats u like a cherished person an loves u for u thats the basics u need to build up a relationship why does nationality an skin color have to intrude why can a man be a man an a woman a woman why does each have to stick with their own >?
 si-denada
Msg: 3
view profile
History
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/16/2008 9:17:28 AM
You wouldn't possibly be generalising here? Do you think we just delete the foreigner's emails? Think again. :)

How can you categorically state that us women do not contact or date men because of the colour of their skin or their nationality?

You may not be having much success on this dating site, but how do you know your fellow countrymen or other nationalities are not?

I for one have met allsorts...a Spaniard, an African, an Indian, a gawdless American and one from the ice box above them. Although I didn't date any of them, it had nothing to do with their colour/nationality - they remain friends.
 MalaSam
Msg: 4
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/16/2008 12:09:21 PM
Mr Spice,

Why do you think that the reason your not getting replys is because of your origins or skin colour? Most guys on this site give out about women not responding to their mails, reguardless of their skin colour. Maybe the e-mails your sending our are just not interesting enough, or possibly 'too sweet' e-mails.

On a personal note I took a look at your profile and the only exciting thing on it to me was that you surf, everything else to me was just all a bit plain. I dont mean to be harsh, but although your profile seems to paints you as a nice guy, (which by the way Im sure you are) I dont think it was a profile that i would remember.
 caramelspice
Msg: 5
view profile
History
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/16/2008 12:44:28 PM
Si-denada
i apologise i guess after seeing the several mails i took sum time to write havign being read an deleted i generalised that the majority of predorminantly irish women found me unattractive an unappealing ,i have met a few lovely ladies on POF an we still remai n friends i just wanted to now what wud be appealing to irish ladies becuase i have spoken to a few other foreign guys with similar results
 caramelspice
Msg: 6
view profile
History
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/16/2008 12:50:42 PM
thanks malasam for ur honest opinion i wudnt mind a few tips to sparkle my profile
i guess u may be rite ,maybe i am not delving deeper or coming on strong like a alpha male ,but at the same time wat is the boundaries ,were does coming on to strong or to sweet come into play a profile can only be decifered by wat is wrote ,given a chance for a conversation i believe alot more can be sed ,so i will take ur advice spruce up my profile an hopeful the rite kinda ladies mite be attracted ciao
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 7
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/16/2008 1:59:23 PM
Where did you learn to spell ? One minute you're really good at spelling big words and the next you are writing 'wud' & 'sed'

Now the least I would expect from a man is an ability to spell correctly before I make the effort to mail him back.

I agree with malasam that it's probably a good idea to create a more interesting profile because I am sure most women check out profiles first before they reply to random messages sent to them.

It's not very nice, as an Irish woman, to read that we are apparently extremely rude and also prejudiced. Why can't you men say something nice about us for a change ?
 caramelspice
Msg: 8
view profile
History
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/16/2008 2:30:17 PM
Apologies Miss grundy
i will keep my spelling in check an spell the little words correctly too.
as for the asumption that most women check out a guys profile u would
be able to see who has seen ur profile or not , an the majority of irish women whom i have mailed havent,it was read an deleted for the few irish women who have bothered to make the effort
i take my hat of to those lovely ladies an say many thanks for the
opportunity of extending a true irish welcome ,the sunny smiles an heart felt
welcome is refreshing to the hardened hearts of many a bitter tongue thats been heard all i can say is smile it costs u nothing it will make sumones day ,in the same vein say hello to a simple one liner, a kind word is all sum ppl want to hear , it can make or break a lonely heart out there ,i know there idiots also so avoid them , but dont let a opportuniy of a friend to be pass u
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 9
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/16/2008 3:01:27 PM

as for the asumption that most women check out a guys profile u would
be able to see who has seen ur profile or not , an the majority of irish women whom i have mailed havent,it was read an deleted for the few irish women who have bothered to make the effort

well then, if that is the case you cannot then draw the conclusion that women are avoiding replying to you because you are a foreigner as they haven't even looked at your profile.

It seems to me that your problem solely lies in the content of your messages and not with the women you mail.
 caramelspice
Msg: 10
view profile
History
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/16/2008 3:23:19 PM
but miss grundy there is always a pic displayed with the messages hence the conclusion an the 2 liners in my messages always leaves room for further elaboration if they choose to answer the questions and are not impertinient nor suggestive ,merely a ice breaker !!
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/16/2008 9:23:52 PM
"there is always a pic displayed with the messages"

Have you tried messaging with the option of showing your picture clicked OFF?

It is actually suggested on this site that on the 1st message, don't attach your pic.

Curiosity is human nature. With no pic., wanting to check out who sent it, they'll have to check out your profile.

You might get more nibbles on your bait that way.
 caramelspice
Msg: 12
view profile
History
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/17/2008 2:20:37 AM
wolverine
u are rite i was reging on another site an waiting for photo approval an the amount of responses was wwwooooowwww but when the pic got approved an was displayed
the chatters stop responding even thou the communication was the same
just goes to show that sum ladies are color biased well wolverine if they want to stick with their own play fair they can stay in their own little world an be alone as for me i think having my pic up will weed out for me the superficial ppl an i will have the opportunity of forming sum good friendships thank you
 Beth 1
Msg: 13
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/18/2008 4:08:33 PM
I think your assumption that we are " Color biased " is a attempt to make out we are rasist .

I personally would not date a " foreigner" for lots of different reasons.. One been the different culture aspect as well as the language barrier. How can one be expected to form any kind of relationship with someone when they cannot even speak the same language ??
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 14
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/18/2008 4:52:02 PM
Good question Beth hehe..

but I am sure the foreigners who live and work in Ireland know enough of the English language to get by in reality.

You could always follow the example of Katherine Lynch's mate Sheila Sheik and simply immerse yourself in your brand new fella's culture and possibly learn their language too..maybe ?

It's good to broaden your horizens, I think.
 Beth 1
Msg: 15
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/18/2008 5:13:07 PM
Not where i live !!! I have to repeat myself several times before I can get any service in my local shops !!

I am always pleasent and curtious and they are back ...Dont get me started on the ones that come here and collect every freebie our stupid goverment allowed them too !!!!
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 16
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/18/2008 5:23:25 PM
Go on girl...say what's on your mind.

You've reminded me of the time that I went to our local Spar and some guy..I think he was Persian...couldn't understand what I was asking for when I requested some salted peanuts, took me forever to explain to him what they were, finally I found a packet of them so I could show him what they looked like at the very least....I don't know what his problem was but he just couldn't seem to accept that peanuts are called peanuts...and I know damn well I speak clearly enough not have the word 'peanuts' come out of my mouth and be mistaken for some other word I will not write on here..but I am sure you get my drift regardless..

Thinking about it now ..he may well have been taking the p1ss because I did offer him lessons in how to communicate in the English language so he can be understood and understand other people who speak that language and he refused them saying that he was fine and can speeka-de-englash-vary-wull.
 Lyliet
Msg: 17
view profile
History
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/18/2008 11:53:50 PM
OP

I do not believe that you are rejected solely on account of your skin color and ethnicity (you are quite good looking for an Indian...oh boy this sounded bad -but it is written with no pun intended).

This is an internet dating site and before engaging in any conversation (of written or any other nature) all women have to judge you from are your pictures (which are good by the way) and your profile description, which is only two lines long, badly written and actually says nothing about YOU.

Try to write something more in that box, and make it genuine. Also be very patient and approach women you find attractive freely and without any second thoughts...if they like what they see and read you will catch something in your net eventually :)

Mind you, I would like to bring to your attention that 'having low response rate' as a guy on POF isn't bothering you exclusively...many guys, some even very good looking ones with white skin color for that matter, are unhappy about the amount of responses they get.

My advice is: work on your writing stile (emails wise), write longer and better profile describing yourself and post on forums only when you really have something relevant to say.

All the best

Lyliet
 caramelspice
Msg: 18
view profile
History
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/19/2008 1:44:13 AM
yes beth i do think sum of the irish are racist no all sum are
as for the language barrier anything u want to over come u will
as for my self english has been my first language ;)
 caramelspice
Msg: 19
view profile
History
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/19/2008 1:56:15 AM
thanks for the advice lyliet
will make a improvement to the profile an see how things go
as for the patience i always am ,no need to push i like
things to take their time an develop
got sum decent tips from the forum an i guess it has been revelant
to alot of other ppl seen by the number of views
much appreciated
ciao
 Lyliet
Msg: 20
view profile
History
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/19/2008 2:35:14 AM
Yes, rewrite that profile and newer be put down by silly comments....you will be fine eventually :)
PS
Here goes a big smile for you, from one human being to another

comeoneileen
Msg: 21
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/20/2008 6:18:16 PM
Dont get me started on the ones that come here and collect every freebie our stupid goverment allowed them too !!!!

Nice one! It's well known there's only foreigners to sponge off taxpayers (like me)through decisions of a government I may not vote for or against.
But maybe you're not talking about poor souls that cannot help themselves like refugees, maybe you're talking about foreign corporations??
 caramelspice
Msg: 22
view profile
History
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/21/2008 2:38:13 AM
lol eileen of on a tangent
 paulmag
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Ice Box..."What"
Posted: 11/23/2008 6:42:38 AM
Hi ,this paul from the Ice box up above the Godless country...this will be brief..the keys on the computer are starting to freeze..and there is a Bear beating on my front door begging to get in from the the cold,..Well miss smartie pants,yes i do have snow here ,3 flippin feet of it,and yes it is cold here..but we have very "warm" Hearts here..So never mind the Africans, Spaniards,or Turks, We are freezinf to death over here so why dont you come over here and give us all a big warm Irish hug....lol..Failing that I will have to ask my mommy back in Belfast can I come home..after she told me to get out of her sight 36 yrs ago..lol..C..Ya.
Paul.
 fabric25
Msg: 24
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/24/2008 2:41:44 PM
I wouldnt mind dating a foreigner to be honest. Ive been surrounded by Irish women all my life, so a change is as good as any for me.
 dv8ter2525
Msg: 25
dating foreigners
Posted: 11/24/2008 4:36:25 PM
Maybe we can switch countries for a while there fabric.... lol
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > dating foreigners