Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Are irish people dating on this??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 strawberrysky
Msg: 1
Are irish people dating on this??Page 1 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
i have been at 2 meets and 4 dates on Plenty of fish but most people i chat havent been on any dates....Whats going on?? Are people dating? I was also a member of a paid site and most people on it maintained that most guys on POF were only after sex....What are your thoughts? Do you have faith in meeting anyone off this site...Are there many genuine men and women on here in your opinion?
 MalaSam
Msg: 2
Are irish people dating on this??
Posted: 11/20/2008 9:11:23 AM
Well I find most of the guys on P.O.F nice and genuine to chat online too, but Ive never met any in person. I have used another site Smooch, and that was deffo a site men used for one thing, and one thing only.

I would have faith in people meeting off this site.
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/20/2008 2:24:06 PM
^^^^ TART !!!
^^^^ TART !!!
^^^^ TART !!!
 MarriedMan
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/27/2008 2:40:37 AM
i admit to only looking for 1 thing, but it says so on my profile....
 MalaSam
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/27/2008 3:27:06 AM

i admit to only looking for 1 thing, but it says so on my profile....

Well as long as your honest, nothing wrong with it
 irish tour
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/28/2008 12:34:45 PM
I like to find a non-irish girl who is living here :)
 tecnic
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/2/2008 1:49:36 PM
funny that you say smmoth i am a member of that site and i did find that it does work and i did get a reply as they said its early days yet but i got a reply from a girl in co kildare and we keep in touch and email we plan to meet this week or next here name is michelle she is 42 age does not count anymore michelle was telling me she had a few dates but the men were only looking for sex i wont be looking for sex i told here that
thats not right but your right about smooch it is a good british site it worked for me if so there is hope for any other member that is a member on that site but i wont remove my profile just in case it does not work out the good thing i will get to meet michelle in person not like members who only talk to you and ask for money
 tecnic
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/3/2008 11:56:19 AM
thanks very much ho by the way i am realy soory to here that you lost your job i was reading your thread its no joke losing your job i got chating to a girl from kildare she seems to be ok i rang her to day and had a chat member i told you i was a dj that is very true i am a dj on a hospital if there is any music i can help you with give me a shout i am very good when it come to music i am not worried if my date does not work out here name is michelle thanks very much for well coming me back but i am realy sorry that you lost your job whats the chance of finding a new one it is bad
must go now
from tecnic
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/3/2008 12:11:19 PM
Wow Tecnic, getting a date with Michelle seems to have put you into a very nice, kind frame of mind, I'm well impressed.

I hope when it happens that you both get on great together and it leads to a very nice friendship.

Sure Cailin could always turn to a life a crime now to try and make ends meet. It's not the end of the world just yet !
 tecnic
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/3/2008 12:58:50 PM
i didnt meet michelle yet my this week or next it mighnt work out i am not realy worried but i will see what happen i made contact threw smooch site thats a british site i was talking to michelle to day i send here messages by phone ect and i rang her and was talking to her see what happens she is from kildare and i am from northdublin she was telling she got a few replys and all were looking for sex i wont be and i told michelle that i am not like that i want to get to know michelle and take it from there she is 42 and i am 43
 Naomi-the-cool
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/6/2008 7:43:10 AM
yeah i have faith in this site - i think that the fact about people not having been out on dates yet, comes from them being too shy to say, ok will we do something saturday etc etc... ive had a couple dates with guys who seemed lovely, and im seeing a fella i met on here who is a total dote. (ha i cant believe i said dote but its an irish forum so youll all know what im on about anyway.) so yeah, it's worked for me. but it wont do all the work itself, ya know?!
 tecnic
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/8/2008 12:08:23 PM
what was i going to say my self and michelle arent going to meet she left it to late thanks very much for wishing me good look all the same michelle was from co kildare but can i say i am sorry that you lost your job look at the bacon ect thats bad no ham for christmas its gone beyone the joke you have to feel sorry for the workers ect they were layed off to day i hope you have a good christmas
 tecnic
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/8/2008 12:14:48 PM
no joy with michelle in one way i am glade i wasnt going to meet her anyway your right its not the end of the world its her lose not mine i met michelle on smooch.com but we never meet in public but i did ring her last week and she seems to be ok but i want going to meet her anyway i am not going to lose any sleep i am not up set it will take more that that to up set me i am in no hurry i can wait
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/8/2008 12:52:15 PM
That's a shamer Tecnic..but ah well sure it's a good thing you're not hiding your profile on here and you haven't got a huge list of restrictions on your profile anymore..

You never know your luck some nice lady might message you soon.

I have to say Tecnic, it does seem like you've had a personality transplant...it's so odd, I quite liked in when you were an angry young man, it was more fun.
 MalaSam
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/9/2008 3:23:55 AM
So nobody is dating then?
 MalaSam
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/9/2008 4:25:38 AM
Anyway..........since when did irish people really date? The Irish mating ritual has been the same since time began....go to the pub get pissed, get a shift, then the next week get a shift then buy her chips, then the week after you get to walk her home for a fondle at the doorstep....then so on and so on meeting in the pub week after week, then after 6 months of meeting in the pub while drunk, a sober meeting wil be arranged.....thats usually when meeting the parents.
 tecnic
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/9/2008 12:01:46 PM
i am not loney far from it oh it may work for you i am a very busy man i am a program controllor/presenter in a raido station and i dont have time to date thasts very well iy worked for you i am in no hurry i am going to hide my profile now becoust i dont have time any more to go on a date i have to look after presenters so what if it worked for you big deal
 tecnic
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/9/2008 12:15:37 PM
aha i have just hidden my profile becouse i am not looking for a girl i am far to busy running a raido station i am a dj/producer/programcontroller in the one station i like it
no nice ladie will send me a message becouse my profile is going to remain hidden plus my self and michelle are finished there is something i didnt like about her she was all talk full of c..p i wasnt going to meet her i am not worried and i didnt lose any sleep i am not in the least bit worried i dont want to find a nice girl i want to be the way simon cowell is single and enjoying it witch he is he is much happer i was reading digital spy and he is much happer i have been single since 1989 that long for me i like being single and doing dj that keep me in good form
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/9/2008 1:03:30 PM
But Simon Cowell has only been single for about a month..before that he was with his girlfriend for years it's only natural he'd be putting on a brave face and pretending that living life as a singleton is great !!

But fair play to you Tecnic if your job running a hospital radio station is that fulfilling for you that you don't need someone in your life.

Your right Malasam, dating has been an alien concept to us Irish for years, I remember reading the Jackie magazine as a young teenager and feeling very deprived because Irish boys weren't asking me out on any dates.

I think dating is too formal for us we prefer to be very casual.

Tecnic if you ask me nicely I might go out on a date with you.
 tecnic
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/9/2008 2:27:25 PM
i am not interested as i said i am very busy running a raido station as a program controllor/presenter/stuidomanger its someting i like doing i allways wanted to be a dj my boss promoted me back in 2000 as stuido manger them program controllor i am second in comand other words when my boss is not in i take charge of the station sorry i wont be asking you out on a date i am not being smart i am running a hospital raido and i am a member of the irish hospital raido network and the station is licened with the bci/broadcasting comission of ireland simon is far better of being single i know its early for him he seems to be much happier the whole idear of me rejoining pof was not to find a nice girl it was to put threads up that are worth reading i can a sure you i am not gay no way i am 100persent straght no i dont need a girl in my life if i did it wouldnt last you can wait for a long time becouse i wont be asking you out on a date and i have been told that i am a very good dj becouse my lisners will tel you sr tecnicnics thats a aircraft maintance at dublin airport they lisen to me i wouldnt date any girl from this site becouse i am not interested i just like being young free and single
 tecnic
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/9/2008 2:53:05 PM
if your not being asked out on dates thats not my problem i have a very good reason why i wont go out on any date as i said i am very busy with the raido plus if i went on a date the girl would only be getting on my wick and the last girl that done that it didnt last and i said never againe so i have desided to stay single its the best my to be now a days i like being single at least i can spend money on my self like i bought a new acer laptop so you will be waiting a long time for me to ask you out on a date sure you mightnt even turn up thats another thing i would look like a real fool waiting for you you wouldnt even turn up your only saying that just to make me go on a date with you but i am not intersted i wonde why your not being asked out i just want to do the raido and go home i am not gay i have gone of dating for good it no good i would look like a real fool waiting for you in town i am not going to ask you if you think i am you can think again becouse the anwser is no
 MalaSam
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/10/2008 4:27:21 AM
Ahh Caillin, we all know your mad about him but he is '' a program controllor/presenter in a radio station'' and thats far more important than you are. Also he is very busy because he is a '' a program controllor/presenter in a radio station'' , the poor guy cant even eat or sleep because he is a '' a program controllor/presenter in a radio station'' oh and i just thought that i would let you in on a little secret......

He is a '' a program controllor/presenter in a radio station'' but dont tell anyone
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/10/2008 7:17:33 AM
hmmmm...I do realise that Tecnic and Cailin have a spark there so I sort of knew before writing that I'd accept an invite for a date from him that I was setting myself up for a fall so I'm not too surprised that my advances have been rejected. I'm fine about it now ...no really I am.

But Tecnic you wrote :

so you will be waiting a long time for me to ask you out on a date sure you mightnt even turn up thats another thing i would look like a real fool waiting for you you wouldnt even turn up your only saying that just to make me go on a date with you but i am not intersted i wonde why your not being asked out i just want to do the raido and go home i am not gay i have gone of dating for good it no good i would look like a real fool waiting for you in town i am not going to ask you if you think i am you can think again becouse the anwser is no

..and I want you to know that I would never stand someone up that would be a terrible thing to do.

If you think that way it's no wonder you don't bother with dating.

I've only had one experience of being stood up..bloody hell it was mortifying. Some really nice people I'd met previously were inviting me to sit with them whilst I waited for my date to turn but I just felt too embarrassed to sit with them ..making small talk with people who felt sorry for me - I still have nightmares to this day about the occasion. Thank heavens we all have mobile phones nowadays and there really is no excuse for putting someone in that position anymore.
 MalaSam
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/10/2008 7:30:23 AM
Well the guy who stood you up must have been a moron, if I were a Lady Lover, Id be tempted myself
 MalaSam
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/10/2008 10:44:06 AM
Oh very funny Mr. Boy

Your thinking about that righnow arent you.........duuuuuurty
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Are irish people dating on this??