Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > When is a good time to send one of the "virtual" roses??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jon7786
Msg: 1
When is a good time to send one of the "virtual" roses??Page 1 of 1    
So, I'm just wondering if I made a mistake by sending a woman one of my 2 roses (within 30 days).......

We'd been exchanging emails for several weeks and we plan to meet soon.

Was this a mistake? Should I have waited until we after we met.....?
 actualizing
Msg: 2
When is a good time to send one of the virtual roses??
Posted: 11/22/2008 9:09:36 PM
No, not a mistake, but you could have qualified the "be mine" message by suggesting that it is rather a gesture of interest and/or respect. I really don't like the "be mine" message that's attached to the rose.

I think that people should always send those roses off, there should be more roses circulating around this site. Have a great date!
 MizQ
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/22/2008 9:21:35 PM
Never is about as good of a time as any!
 Jon7786
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/22/2008 9:26:25 PM
I agree about the "Be Mine"....I thought there'd just be a nice looking picture of a rose. The "Be Mine" threw me....
 KISS MY A$$
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/22/2008 10:43:28 PM
I have recieved many. The gesture is always nice, but come on! We are not in high school. How much significance are we supposed to place on these virtual roses? I don't read a lot into them. It is another way for someone here to express interest is all, not undying love. I mean if they had virtual diamond rings could we get virtually engaged? How about virtual kisses? virtual fur coats? virtual ......never mind!

PS. the gift that is a little scary is the quasi pillsbury dough boys exchanging the roses. They look like dough boys on crack. I don't get them and they creep me out a little. No offense to anyone who sent one....sorry.
 tiffanympm
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/22/2008 11:30:22 PM
I just smile about it and move on. I think it's great...

It only gets creepy when someone is sending you those "gifts" or "roses" when you have not responded to any of their 4808949040494049 messages.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 12:10:55 AM
To be honest, the "Be Mine" roses backfire in oh so many ways. I've actually seen posts about how can he be interested if he only has one rose left. Getting them is no big deal, but it can be a big deal to the next person you write if there is only one left (or even worse - none).
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 1:20:44 AM
Apologies to anyone who has sent them to me, or any of the other cyber gifts. I just think they're dorky. If the meet goes well and your first date does , too, bring *real* roses on the third date (if you are so inclined to do roses). That will have some meaning!
 Erai
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/23/2008 4:45:02 AM

To be honest, the "Be Mine" roses backfire in oh so many ways. I've actually seen posts about how can he be interested if he only has one rose left. Getting them is no big deal, but it can be a big deal to the next person you write if there is only one left (or even worse - none).

Lol, you got that right. I'm not interested in dating right now but, despite doing everything I can think of to make it clear I am really not here to date, I would still get messages. So, one day, out of frustration, I sent one of my roses to myself. Since then, I haven't got a single message from someone trying to convince me that I really do want to date, I just haven't met the right guy.

Apparently, only having one rose did more than words ever could.
 clasact
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 5:25:18 AM
I don't know if you made a mistake in sending it or not, that would be an assessment the woman you sent it to, to make.

In any event, I would think IF you were to send one, it would have been better having met the woman first and then decide if you want to send that rose.

I know you said that the "Be Mine" "threw" you, so now you know and be more careful in the future should you send one.

Personally, I think they are a bunch of muck.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/23/2008 6:08:43 AM
Whenever you want. It is virtual. I sent mine to a friend. Who cares. Once you meet in person is when the real deal will be present. How is it a mistake? This is a computer. You two may meet and it will go one way or another. Those fake ass roses do not mean anything set in stone.
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/23/2008 6:19:11 AM
Are they really meant to be taken seriously? Because men send me them after talking to me after 3 emails. I just look at them as complex emoticons. Basically I find them cheesy and unimaginative. I'd rather someone write me about themselves then pick some silly picture on a website. I'm not in high school anymore and this isn't myspace.
 actualizing
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/23/2008 6:44:58 AM
You guys....lighten up alittle. You are reading WAY too much into the roses. I guess I am always thinking in different directions than many. Listen, when I visit a guy's profile and he still has his 2 roses, then I consider that perhaps he just might have a stingy heart. I send of my two roses every month, mostly to girlfriends on here whose posts I read but hey, I think if ya got 'em, flaunt 'em...or in this case, send 'em.
 **Tee**
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/23/2008 6:52:36 AM
Don't put so much energy into it Jon, in the end it doesn't mean a thing.

To be honest, I really wish they would get rid of them, they are SO high school.
 lalala1284
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/23/2008 7:27:58 AM
^^^^yeah. i've received more virtual gifts from men, but never a rose. i haven't even sent out the two roses that i have. i could care less.
 starfighter52
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 7:07:13 PM
so jon, what was the ladies response when you sent her the virtual roses? you didn't mention that part!
 wpg_chick_84
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/23/2008 7:34:50 PM
Never if you ask me. I think all the virtual gifts they have on here are pretty dumb.
 trailgirl
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/23/2008 7:40:50 PM
^^^^^^^^^^
I agree. I use my virtual gifts to send to my friends for sh*ts and grins only. I think after you've met is a time for gettting to know one another in real life, not continual POF messages.
 bullielover62
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/23/2008 7:41:03 PM
The gifts are only as serious or silly as you make them. If you sent one to someone and you did so with respect, then I hope she received it the same way.... but don't hold yer breath.

They're cyber nothings and didn't cost ya nuthin', so what's anyone supposed to expect?

When you do meet, give her one and make it count.

*though............ I do love that wittle bear. Can't seem to get enuf of those little cuties... lol
 diamondgirl2727
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/23/2008 7:57:26 PM
I would never say no to a rose! virtual or not! lol!
 Thunderstorms62
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/23/2008 7:59:27 PM
I'm just hoping that your rose wasn't greeted with
read/delete followed by block user.

Anyway, I agree with another poster that views them as emoticons.
As a matter of fact, I am going to get rid of my last rose now. Thanks OP!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > When is a good time to send one of the "virtual" roses??