Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do men change their minds?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lybragh
Msg: 1
Do men change their minds?Page 1 of 1    
Do men change their minds about women? As in, I wasn't into her before, but now I am? I've noticed that some women say "Oh I couldn't stand him when I first met him," or "I thought he was the biggest dork." But you don't usually hear men say that. Can men become interested later on? Or is it that if they reject you once, that's it. Could stuff develop as time goes on?
 FrozenAssets
Msg: 2
Do men change their minds?
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:04:06 PM
Yes

No

But of course!

Geeeeesh
 **Tee**
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:04:24 PM
Sure they do...

Once they figure out the chick with the big boobs is really an airhead...

OR

When they figure out the chick they THOUGHT was an airhead, has big boobs...
 gorparilla
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:09:41 PM

But you don't usually hear men say that.

Maybe because men don't communicate with each other the same way women do. So maybe men say it, but you don't understand what we're saying.

Can men become interested later on?

Yes, men can learn, understand, reason, and change their minds.

Could stuff develop as time goes on?

Yes. But just as easily things could get worse, and they wish they stuck with their earlier decision.

Or is it that if they reject you once, that's it.

To some this is always true.
To some this is never true.
To some this is sometimes true and dependent upon the other person just as much as him.
 Heptone
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:11:34 PM
Been known to happen.
 slybandit
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:18:05 PM
No, none of us has EVER gone from being not interested in a woman, to being interested in her.

That kind of thing only happens in Harlequin publications and in unattractive women's imaginations.

I'm sure you can guage the depth of my seriousness.
 brownie360
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:18:39 PM
Since everyone changes their minds...that means men do too. Some more often than us women.
 SRGrosse
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:20:31 PM
For me, at least, there would have to be some kind of drastic shift in the woman. Like she used to be 300 lbs, but lost 180 of them. Or she used to look like her face was in a cuisinart, but got plastic surgery. Or something of that nature.

If it is a person's personality, and not their looks that turned me off, chances are its not going to change.
 MizQ
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:26:21 PM
Sure, they decide a woman is to psycho for their tastes, don't they?

Don't know about them changing their mind once they are already intially not attracted to what a woman has to offer...Maybe some enlightened creatures do...They are human as well, after all.
 Randy3512
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:35:42 PM

Do men change their minds about women? As in, I wasn't into her before, but now I am?

Yes, and it could just as easily go the other way.

Can men become interested later on? Or is it that if they reject you once, that's it. Could stuff develop as time goes on?

Once a man rejects you doesn't mean it's all over. Maybe he just didn't like your approach. If you come back at him some other time with a different attitude, the whole thing could turn around. For the most part men aren't very moody. But we do sometimes have our head up our arse. It doesn't mean we don't like you, just that we're
not thinking much about a woman's company at that time.
 TheDifference85
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:43:35 PM
I know I don't change my mind but then again I dont ever really put anyone out of consideration. I keep my options open and what attracts me to someone is getting attention from her or knowing that she's into me.
 mister_invisible
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/23/2008 3:00:55 PM
I'm always open to change my mind about anyone. But I'm usually not very judgemental in the beginning, anyways. A person really has to try hard to rub me the wrong way before I'll decide I don't like them. After that it'll take quite the same amount of effort to change my mind though. I get alond with most everyone in general though.

What I'd like to know is do women ever change their minds? Seems like I'm always getting permanently placed in the dreaded "friend" catagory.

Heh... Better question, do women ever MAKE UP their minds about anything? Kidding kidding.... I'm gonna go hide now...
 FriesianSpirit
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 3:19:20 PM
Yes a man will change his mind.
When ever his mom, his wife, sister or girlfriend tell him to.
 Yarilo
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 3:20:21 PM
Sure often times if the woman is trying to impress she's not being herself. Some, as good as they may think they are, are BAD at flirting and come off as over needy, clingy, or what's the word I'm looking for... permiscuous

Also if they think things aren't going well thier mood may change for the worse making them seem like a b**ch. If we have the opportunity to spend time with them later when they've given up and mellowed out they could be seen as a whole new person.
 ALOHA_CUTIE
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/23/2008 3:21:18 PM
I find it is the complete opposite: Men fall in love faster...but fall out of love faster.
 kewlpeeps
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/23/2008 3:21:28 PM
Its about supply and demand ... if a guy hasn't gone on a date for a while then maybe. Or just plain old getting drunk and something happens.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 3:29:57 PM
Yes. But not very often.

In truth, women are apt to say "I don't fancy him at all", and then be seen snogging the same guy, on lots of different occasions. Guys, either they do, or they don't. They do change their minds, but not very often. It's more of a long shot with guys.

If you want someone to change their mind about you, I'd stick with girls.
 hattrick1hti
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 4:03:51 PM
Possible...

idk, never happened to me. Usually if I was interested within the first conversation, I'm not going to get bored too easily =)
 slybandit
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 4:21:27 PM
Way to go with the undisguised misogyny, Neitzchean.

Hey, was "Nietzschean" taken or something ? I'm sure that dead loony would have loved the irony.
 yna6
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/23/2008 4:27:48 PM
Change their minds? Boobs and Bj's can't miss! It's when things don't happen that guys change their minds...as in "Which head should I think with today??"
 Major_canadian
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 4:30:40 PM
our minds don't change, our feelings do.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do men change their minds?