Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Tell me whats wrong      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DGenius
Msg: 1
Tell me whats wrongPage 1 of 1    
I've been using this site for a while and I've never met anyone off of it for 1 simple reason. They aren't what I want. I get a few views here and there but something in my profile must be driving them away. I posted on this a while back and got some of the most rude (but honest) answers you ever want to see. I took that criticism and changed a lot in it. So please tell me whats wrong and I can change it.
 sonica7
Msg: 2
Tell me whats wrong
Posted: 11/27/2008 7:35:00 PM
My opinion...

BREAK IT UP. I couldn't even read the whole thing... not enough line breaks. Write in paragraphs, it makes it easier to sift through the information.

Also, try adding useful information as opposed to clichees. Like what your interests are, what you've done with your life. What do you do on your spare time? What are some of your core values?

Also, something I've just learned... list your interests in the interests section! lol If you like sports - what sports? Music - what music? Ect.

Sounds like this isn't working for TWO simple reasons... They aren't what you want, and you aren't portraying a man THEY would want.

Also, you look mean in your pics. Got any nice smiley ones? Of you having fun? Not trying to pose? Be real!

Hope this helps :)
 sonica7
Msg: 3
Tell me whats wrong
Posted: 11/27/2008 7:37:44 PM
I'm back! Also, don't complain about past relationships. Be more positive!
 DGenius
Msg: 4
Tell me whats wrong
Posted: 11/27/2008 9:12:27 PM
Sonica thanks for the feedback. I spaced it out like you said and took out the negative parts. I'll be doing more pics tomorrow. And yes you did help.
 jdawg4876
Msg: 5
Tell me whats wrong
Posted: 11/27/2008 9:26:27 PM
also you might want to change ya captions from prison posing and ya might want a picture of you looking at least semi happy.
 iketylor
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Tell me whats wrong
Posted: 11/27/2008 11:58:44 PM
Ok, so I'm going to try something here...

DGenius, you have a ton of information on your "About Me" profile that I think you could do without. It almost seems like you are probably scaring chics off before they even contact you.

~ Add more pictures of yourself. I'm a short dude and wish I was 6'4 but you look like a giant in those first two pictures because of the angle. Add a couple more and...

` Try modifying your "About Me" section to something like this...

About Me
I'm a confident, fun, dedicated guy looking for a strong caring woman.

I'm a 6'4 teddy bear most of the time that loves children (I don't have any but I love spending time with my nieces and nephews).

Laughing and hanging out with friends and family is important to me. I'm not the type of guy that smothers my girl so she can't spend time with her friends because I understand what that's like... and I don't like being smothered myself.

My goal is to meet a great girl that loves me for who I am and who I want to be. I want to love and support her goals as she supports mine (oh by the way, I'm working on becoming a professional wrestler on the WWE).
[\b]

Try something like the above. Hell, maybe you could even copy the above and use it because from what I read, it's mostly true although I'm leaving plenty of stuff for you to talk about with your new contact.

Good luck man! Hope I helped a little.
 Rachelle~C
Msg: 7
Tell me whats wrong
Posted: 11/28/2008 3:34:58 AM
I am not really sure why you had to tell us that you can lift almost anything. Are you advertising yourself out to be a mover? That just was a strange part of your profile. If you are not meeting women who you want then have you ever stopped to consider that you are shooting a little too high out of your league?
 aprilwhyapril
Msg: 8
Tell me whats wrong
Posted: 11/28/2008 4:51:25 AM
Your honesty and openness is admirable but perhaps you are coming off a bit too intense. For example, women appreciate honesty but at the same time they hope to meet someone mature enough not to say stuff that's going to hurt their feelings which is what you say you'll do. Also, working for your sister, I wouldn't mention it, it implies you don't have a real job even if you do get paid for it. Cut the bit of being on-line all the time and I would cut out all the stuff about your WWE ambitions, just phrase it a bit more mysteriously like you're a professional athlete. If you get far enough into a relationship and you think they're ready to find out your true ambitions, then you can spring it on them.

You need to look at your profile from a stranger's perspective. Less is more when it comes to profiles. People don't need to know everything about you because they might just say, oh, that's it? and keep on walkin'.

Add some humor to it. The best profiles are those that provide hints of a person's personality not tell you what it is. If you make a few jokes then women are more apt to reply to your emails. Also, try to figure out what will make them laugh in your emails to them. Be a goofball and you'll make it past the read/deleted stage.

Good luck and Happy fishin'
 DGenius
Msg: 9
Tell me whats wrong
Posted: 11/28/2008 7:09:05 AM
I like all your ideas. You all really helped me out. Thanks. It was so long because before I had my profile up and they told me I had too little so I just put almost everything about me on there. Thanks for clearing up my confusion. Now I'm going to change it. Keep the suggestions coming.
 aprilwhyapril
Msg: 10
Tell me whats wrong
Posted: 11/28/2008 9:03:56 AM
length isn't necessarily a problem if it's really fun to read. When it's so serious, then it's reads like you're full of yourself. Go look through some of the people who have a lot of testimonials on their profiles, you can usually find them, they hang out in the forums under relationships, sex advice, etc. There will be good examples and some of them are quite long, but lots of fun to read.
 drumsafrican
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Tell me whats wrong
Posted: 11/28/2008 2:41:17 PM
You need to change one of your photos. Your pose makes you look angry or controlling and you have your hands over your crotch! Yet your description of yourself as a child care worker and your other comments make you sound like a nice guy. Just a suggestion.
Judith
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Tell me whats wrong