Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tennis85022
Msg: 1
what is everyones opin on tattoos? Page 1 of 128    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I am guessing they are much more accepted by the under 30 crowd, but what does the over 30 crowd think? I am guessing it is more like mine. I have never liked tats on a woman much and they all seem to be getting these cute little tats these days. To me this makes a woman look cheap, like a cigarette does when I see a gorgeous woman light up.

Any opinions here?
 ErikSFBay
Msg: 2
what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 6/20/2005 2:28:56 PM
I like tatoo art, but don't care much for tattoos.

I do a lot of drawing. Sometimes I look back at old stuff I did and I'm glad that I didn't put it on my skin.

They don't bother me a lot....but a womans flesh is so sublime as it is.
 RapunzelRapunzel
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/20/2005 2:56:05 PM
Thought about it, but will probably never follow thru. I could never decide just where to get one. I do stage plays sometime and they are very hard to cover up and if I played a Victorian woman or something that would work against me. I don't think they look cheap so long as they aren't huge or garish. Every guy seems to have his thing that spells "slutty." With my cousin it is toe rings. He freaked when my aunt put one on his three year old daughter. I happen to think they are cute, though they drive me crazy to wear. And I don't like to see anyone light up, but had to get over it. Most people smoke. Cough! Cough!

Rap
 Clutter
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/20/2005 4:16:45 PM
Everyone has their opinion on what looks good or not. I have a tattoo at the base of my neck. It's two swans facing each other and it means "partnership". It's not gaudy or cheap looking. I also have my nose pierced and many earrings but no one has ever looked at me at thought "cheap". All my piercings are small as well as the tattoo. Men have been getting tattoos for ever and now the gals are trying it and good for them. There's some pretty cool tattoo work out on a woman's canvas as well as the guys.
 Shaps
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/20/2005 4:23:37 PM
I've seen some tats which suit the gril and other ones where it just makes them look ugly.
1-2-3 of them not bad, but now they are getting them bigger and more of them.
I have one, and it suits me fine
 Webbum
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/20/2005 4:27:51 PM
Small ones on a womens lower back are very sexy!
 paul58
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2005 5:34:16 PM
Hey, I thought the girl on survivor was hot
 robertpaulson
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/20/2005 7:48:30 PM
Mild turn off
 vancanuck13
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/20/2005 8:42:43 PM
All depends on what it is, and where it is. For the most part I like em! But then I have 4 myself
 Pantimann
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/20/2005 8:51:26 PM
Nope, not for me. I think they make women look trashy. Guess I'm a fossil.
 c_deacon
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2005 10:00:22 PM
I enjoy a woman with tat's if placed correctly and done in taste......I love them. I have one that I share with just those I care about, and working on the next one.....but only when wanted to be shown and enjoyed......that is how I feel about a womans tattoo/s also....
 Call Leen
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/21/2005 4:04:02 AM
My own motto is that if you are going to stick a needle in me, there had better be something a whole lot better than ink in it.
Is it fashion or art? I can express my sense of style with clothes and/or jewelry that I can take off when and if I chose. I can appreciate the beauty of some, so called, bodyart but I think the original creation is usually far superior.

At the same time, it's your body - so if inking, impaling, implanting things in it is how you express your 'individuality', that's your business.
Personally, I'd like to get in on the busine$$ of tattoo removal. I predict that will be VERY big in the future.

Oh and I loved what Erik said about women's flesh being sublime. Nice!!!!
 hmmwellnow
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/21/2005 7:22:01 AM

what does the over 30 crowd think?

I'll leave that for our spokesman to answer.
 lyrical heart
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/21/2005 7:40:43 AM
Art is in th eye of the beholder, especially "body art."

I don't have any tattoos and am not contemplating getting any - just my personal choice. My daughter has a small dove just above her wrist. She got it done in her early twenties, and now she wishes she didn't have it.

I suppose if you are planning to get a 'tat', you should keep in mind that you'd better love the design - for at least the next fifty years or more.

lyrical heart
 Wild Artist
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/21/2005 8:09:16 AM
I have always liked most tats on other people, but I don't have any. I have one in mind for when I'm in my 70's or so though. Just incase I end up in a nursing home, I figure a small tat on my behind ,that tells them what I think of being there would be useful.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/21/2005 8:11:14 AM
I like ink on men....tolerate it on women. I have been thinking about getting a tat myself, but it will be in a "private" spot.
 kce33
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/21/2005 10:56:30 AM
my opion is that tattoos on nice hot chics are big turn offs.. they mite be ok for street chics but they do not fit in the money and power crowd.. there are so many nice girls getting mutilated and branded that could be living the good life..
and then there is trust, how can you ever trust a woman to make good decisions about other important things..
 CdnSkyDiva
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/21/2005 11:33:23 AM
If anyone gets a Tattoo based on what they perceive 'others' will think, then they are getting a Tattoo for all of the wrong reasons.

I have a Tattoo on my lower back, but its very personal to me, and has a lot of deep meaning. It is as much a part of me as how I do my hair, wear my clothes and how I behave. If a guy is turned off by my Tattoo, then we are simply not compatible.

That said, I think there's nothing sexier than a man with a Tattoo or two, that is if they get it for similar personal reasons.
 babykitten61dsl
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/21/2005 11:34:19 AM
Personally if over done on certain people its not too accepted by myself. I think tats are great. In fact by the end of summer I plan on getting my first one, a black rose, tiny one on my ankle.
 DragnGoddess
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/21/2005 11:54:33 AM
I think that if the right meaning is there and it is not overdone, tats are fine. I have one on my bikini line. It is easily hidden and small enough that only a small amount shows even when I wear a thong. A close friend drew it for me at a difficult time in my life and I looked at the picture every day for over two years before I had it done. It is a reminder for me of what I am capable of overcoming if I put my mind to it.
 passionsdestiny
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/21/2005 1:34:45 PM
Tattoos.. something I've never had the desire to wear but ...to each her own. I've only seen one tattoo on a man I liked and that was on his arm . It was the chinise symbol for Virgo.

I don't lable people that do, many have a story behind them from meaningful to insignificant. They don't in my opinion ,make a man look sexier, (even a tiny one on his back side ) or more masculine .

Full arm tattoos or on large areas of the body....... simply obstruct my view to see his magnificence.
 undercover blonde
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/21/2005 3:28:03 PM
I love my tats!! Well , except for one (ladies, avoid margarita parties with a tattoo artist on the guest list) ......
Mine are usually hidden under business clothes, so it is like my own little naughty secret
 who_the_fox
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/21/2005 3:30:48 PM
On the right guy...a LOT of ink can be very sexy... and I am talking sleeves and backpieces etc. Maybe I am just more open to body "mod" whether ink or piercing or bodybuilding.
 hfxgenie
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/21/2005 4:18:17 PM
I always wanted one, so I waited until my early 20's to be sure, and then I got one. Small dove on my right shoulder blade. It's been 10 years and I still like it, may get it inked again. I can't see it unless I look backwards in a mirror, and it's also in a spot that is always covered by clothes, even a tank top. I think that because I don't see it on a daily basis I don't tire of it, plus as no one except me and a few others know I even have it, it's like my own little secret. Wildwoman at heart!

I have considered several times getting another on the small of my back, but I hear that's quite painful, and I am not sure how I feel about having one that is more visible.
 iluvmonkeys2
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/21/2005 4:38:31 PM
I actually waited til my mid 30s to get mine...on my right shoulder blade and I love it! Enough that I decided to do one on the small of my back...and you heard right, hfxgenie, very very painful. But it turned out awesome and I love it too. Glad I did it despite the temporary pain.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?