Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do you think your best is ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CynthiaM
Msg: 1
Do you think your best is ...Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
already over?
or still to come?

Purposely leaving the question ambiguous so you can say whatever you think your best is.

I'll answer later when I get off work. But, now it's back to the phone *sigh
Peace.
Cyn
 cdn*guy
Msg: 2
Do you think your best is ...
Posted: 12/2/2008 7:49:31 AM
My best with respect to helping the world in general is passed; my best with respect to helping myself and those close to me is just beginning ... says he, equally ambiguitively.

cdn guy
 WindRoper
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/2/2008 8:08:46 AM
May I answer with lyrics?
"I believe the best will find me when I leave the rest behind me..." (Long Lonesome Highway, Rodney Crowell).
In my case until I had let go of or lost certain things I couldn't grasp the present or future for holding on to the past. The past wasn't heaven or hell. It was just all I knew. OTOH, without those experiences, I wouldn't know what I do and don't want from/in life, a partner, my relationships, my job, etc.
 claypot
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/2/2008 8:41:26 AM
Oh by far, the best is yet to come, in ALL aspects of my life.

The hard part is over, getting to know myself, now that I do, yeeeeeeha, bring it on....
At times, some areas may slow me down, but if I don't know the answer or how to fix something in my life, I now know it's ok to ask for help. Whether I get that help is up to another, I can only ask.

Knowing myself like I do, this also gives me my limitations. Why put myself out there if I know I will not achive my goal, so I also live in reality. BUT, I also know it's ok to live from time to time in fantasy land.

Yep, my life is like fine wine, it keeps getting better with age.
 Rob_SA
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/2/2008 8:43:21 AM
I think back fondly to the days of my teens to 30's and think I was at my best then. I'm 51 and even if I keep terrorising my body at the current rate I'll probably make it to 70ish, so logically I've got about 20 years left. I've got my first grandchild due in May, so that gives me 20 years to make a difference in that person's life, and of course for them to make a difference in mine. I'd hope that I've learned from the mistakes and experiences of the last 51 years and will get things less wrong in the next 20. So on balance, and logically, my best is yet to come.
 Sensuousmagic
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 8:51:21 AM
I feel that I have learned some lessons from my past mistakes so the future should be even better.
 Miss W
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 8:53:55 AM
When I look back on my 20's and 30's, I like now better and have found that in many ways it will keep on doing so.
 c_deacon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 9:18:29 AM
I prefer to think that my best is the continuation of what is now, and will continue as long as I have that concept, good health, and financial security to make it all a reality......

Just my opinion.......
 Moonchild51
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 9:36:53 AM
^^Miss Moon's sitting here "picturing" what your best is Mr. D!!! Sorry, darlin, couldn't help my bad self

OT: I think my best is here now, and going to continue to be even better. Lots to share with family, friends and that special "some dude", should I ever find him. Life is easier now, more time to share what I have learned in my travels.
 c_deacon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 9:47:31 AM
Bites tongue.....and will not even state what I am thinking that you are thinking..... Either way, I hope it is good.......or is that the "best"....hehehehe...

OT........It is nice to know that maturing does not necessarily mean that we have to just think about getting older, but more about being better because of all that we have learned, applied, and enjoyed while becoming our best.......

Just my opinion.......
 rearguard*2
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 9:47:50 AM
Best is yet to come, otherwise, why be on a dating site? Does not make sense that people would search for something worse than they now have.....
 peek~a~booo
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/2/2008 11:12:48 AM
Well since the stages of discovering myself have been from discovering my best in being time....i am greatful for the alone cuz we find our true value in alone certainly not from others.
People learning esteem of self have a option if they choose to pick up in life what is positive and not pretend solitary time is a i have failed cuz i have no big entitlement of what i expect in other...is what i expect from my adult self in recogizing is a choice to set your mind into pity to begin with. Is a choice to compare yourself to others to begin with....

why would you let your child choose pity when your adult can comand you past your own child...takes skill and heart to choose to want to use the tools of perception to grow to a stonger self...
is the best yet to come.... with clarity......indeed without the work of clarity you will not grow, you will sit on your complacent pityfull azz.........seek your strength to adore yourself for a change.....k and how can you even pretend yesterday contained that structure to which you have fed your esteem back to YOURSELF and dissallow other to set your own value...i have been alone for almost 10 years,,,i do not sequester my child to give up her plans and discovery to enable my sorry azz,,,the strength is in you when you choose to not choose pity.................yup
the choice is in your heart to calm the child effect and seek the best in yourself with your own guidance and knowing the power is in you if your strong enuff to hold your own destiny and not be pulled off track by others in there own glory of themself.
when will the child be enuff where you crave the sanity of an adult....i know is hard but your the one in the seat to choose your reactions and not explore why where and when they happen...you'll get there kids...be patient and remember...this is a entertainment pond not necesarily filled with folks who feel the need to pretend a bad relationship is something i miss...cuz i sure as chit don't.
happy solitary to all of you...your strength is under your fear!!!!!!!!!!!!
eye of the storm of your mind to choose your destiny indeed....you will find your power cards under the choice to involve your spirit in learning to command yourself not others....i have found anyway in my path in my own world...hope this helps folks pretending christmas is all about others when it is all about yourself...
you will find me on christmas morning enjoying the natural quiet of my own world rejoicing in another year of clarity for myself to strengthen the structure of my own destiny...i have no problem sharing the day with myself...and do not choose to feel needy in that light...but their where years of getting to this point so know it did not happen overnight either. it is when we look back with clarity we realize those alone times set the intensity of your spirit to command respect to yourself first.
I found my respect for self alone and not with others enabling me to stop me from finding my total faults...my biggest fault back than...was i compared my sorry azz to others...now i compare my own sorry azzes growth.......roar.
is why i get so happy when i think about how pityful cuz i i clearly see that as....

yikes i grew past my own needy i guess...the reason i respect alone is cuz it sets the ladditude to find your own personal strength...once you hold the tool you implement across the playingfield i have found...so it is the doorway to your own freedom.
goodluck clarity means a bright future with serenity to understand my selfish self...yup! how wacked is that but it is truely true.

than you realize your the drama queen in your own undoing...is a complete circle to teach you is your choice to comand or sit there and draw other adults who will find the pity enable card for you...growing to clarity is a gift of many rewards with the biggist impact on yourself and the illusion that others make you sad indeed is a mirror in self... you will get there lil fish...cuz others are already there and waitin for you to remember your worth.............you control your reactions by educating the child core and demanding adult effect in yourself kinda.
happy is a choice as is sad...why do you not recognize diversity can give or remove intensity within yourself....cuz you haven't looked...
challenge yourself to comand and keep your lessons intact for the next alone volley and you will be shocked in the growth of yourself if you want it.
and if you don't than pretend there is no solice in discovering the best part of you!
the best has yet to come cuz clarity involves enlightment to find the value in the rest. or not.
 serenityCW
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 11:18:13 AM
i always strive for my best. the best with respect to others whose paths i cross, is in their hands, not mine. i am attracting to others' solutions and not necessarily worried about their problems. if they have none now, surely they will in the future, so that aspect of a person is really important as to how they strategize, prioritize, value, etc.

i've always been told that the goal prepares the journey, and it's the journey that is what is important. my best may not be "the best". often, it does prove productive or even miraculous. often, i'll just suck at it. but, i never will say about myself that i did not try within the limits of my resources.

as said above by cdn, i'm also winding down on saving the world at this point in my life and just now seeking peace and joy on a more personal and less "out there" plane. but still, the remants of a very full life, float in and out and i do my best to handle it. i figure i will meet the man who approaches these things in a similar fashion. i suppose we will be in the same developmental phase as one another. working our own stuff and supporting that journey, each doing his/her own best at the time.
 WindRoper
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/2/2008 11:18:23 AM
^^^^^ Oooookay. I don't know how many people you have living inside you, but my inner child does not play well with others and runs with scissors.
 peek~a~booo
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/2/2008 11:48:18 AM
well good for you ...my inner child does not run to others ...my inner child runs to my adult for the answers. and my adult part of my character shakes it's head and says...oh to be human....but it is not a choice rather a effect of owning the adult aspects of the child character....expecting to kick that childs azz every single day.
i feel better when i kick my own azz...it makes me taller in my own shoes.

Sapphireeyes
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/2/2008 12:23:55 PM
Definately yet to come.... before was just practice....now i have both the knowledge and experience in life to realize when something isnt important dont make a big deal out of it, and when someone is to never let them forget it.
 oldsoul
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/2/2008 12:43:49 PM
Already over.

And no, this isn't necessarily a bad (or sad) thing. Nor am I being pessimistic; I'm simply being realistic, and besides, it's all a matter of perspective in my opinion.

I have already had more than many, and probably more than I ever deserved...so if that's all I was meant to have and the best is already over, it will have been (more than) good enough for me.

JMO

"Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us."
~Oscar Wilde~

"Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door."
~Saul Bellow~

"Sweet memories remind us of the roads we have traveled and the people we have loved."
~Flavia~

Sorry ^ I'm a quote freak (or a quote queen;)

N10SE
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 12:50:22 PM

Do you think your best is ... already over? or still to come?

To be continued and determined.

I don't know if it's yet to come because I haven't got there yet, nor do I know if it's already over because I'm not at the end of the road!
 Hvnletyourlightshinedown
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/2/2008 12:58:02 PM
Definitely in the here and now. Life itself , with all its processes and events shape us . The important thing is to keep each day meaningful. Do any of us truly know what the future holds???
 safn1949
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 1:06:56 PM
I think that if you say that the best has been and gone you have given up on life.I have a list of things to do,some of which will push me mentally and physically beyond anything I have done before.A couple that might even be my undoing......But I refuse to sit in a recliner and die a day at a time,I have watched people I know do that,and now some are gone,unhappy and unfulfilled with a truckload of regrets.And it's easy to just sit and watch,I have done it.Then something awful happened......... and my life changed. Because I wanted it to change. So get up and get moving!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 1:07:54 PM
If you didn't think the best was yet to come...what would be the point?
 summerbout
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/2/2008 1:30:36 PM
My Best as of now, was when my children were little. I enjoyed those years so much.
Of course it was filled with stresses and worries, but it was still the best of times.
I so loved playing with my children and through them having a chance to live my childhood, only much better, the second time around.
My mother used to always tell me this, and I did not realize at the time, I wish I had.
But looking back now, I realize those were the best years, to this point.

That does not mean I do not hope that the future holds even better times.
But I am not sure I could possibly feel as complete and happy as I did in those years.
I so completely enjoyed those years. But I also know that I have a lot of years ahead of me,
that I want to make just as enjoyable.

So at this point I can not answer if the best is over or if it is just around the corner.
I hope life holds more surprises and more happiness and contentment for me.
I want to be an old lady some day sitting in my chair thinking about all of the years with a big smile on my face, with fond memories of all the years.
If I have to reach that far back for the fondest memories that would be a shame, and maybe
difficult, you know how our memory goes as we age.

It is difficult to say what is best, when the story is not yet over.
 wdb2064
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/2/2008 1:33:37 PM
Does it make a difference? The answer can change from day to day. If I look back at physical strength compared to when I was 30. Then it is already over. If I look at the freedom of not having children, bills, obligations, and the freedom to call the airport from a limo and fly to anywhere in the world I want to go at a moments notice.......then it's still to come. To answer this question is to determine if you look at a glass as being half full or half empty.
 Phoebe48
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 1:53:27 PM
already over?
or still to come?
Purposely leaving the question ambiguous so you can say whatever you think your best is.

This morning, I was sitting having my coffee, reading the paper with CNN on in the background. The room went quiet for a moment. Distracted by the quiet lull, I glanced towards the TV. And then became mesmerized by one of the most beautiful commercials I've ever seen. Yes, a commercial of all things! The music, visual effects and the message pretty much sums up my answer to your question.

A journey is not a trip..........
It's not a vacation.....
It's a process. A discovery.
It's a process of Self Discovery.
A journey brings us face to face with ourselves........
Or, does the journey create the person?
The journey is life itself.
Where will life take you?

So, in answer to your question OP:

My best is being myself, wherever my best self and my life's journey, takes me.

( Commercial Sponsor: Louis Vuitton)
 Gaddflye
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/2/2008 1:59:19 PM
Who is to say what part of life is best? Some things about my early adult life I miss and am not up to doing anymore, such as 400 lb. bench presses, partying all night long and working the next day, eating whatever I want and more. On the other hand, I have a lot of wonderful memories of what I did do and now have a great life in other ways. I do not have to work so hard, I have more disposable income. My kids are adults on their own. I have wonderful grandchildren to enjoy. I am out of a miserable marriage and quite happily single. I live in a wonderful area for a single male my age. Skoal!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do you think your best is ...