Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Changed Profile and Need Feedback Please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StarrEyez
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Changed Profile and Need Feedback PleasePage 1 of 1    
As the subject said, I've changed my profile and need some feedback. The old one did not seem to work, so I hope this one does. Yes, I will be removing the 'redoing profile' line, just want to get input first. lol

Also would like to have input on my pics. Even though I don't have that many of myself, at least I will know if I should leave them up or not.

Thanks to all who can help!!!

StarrEyez
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Changed Profile and Need Feedback Please
Posted: 12/12/2008 12:11:13 PM
Please read my profile and give me some feedback. I would really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!

lucky_sevans
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2008 12:19:02 PM
Well I thought it was great...

(or course you had lightning on there so I was sold right there...)

I really like the part where you described a scene (the dancing esp) -- thats a great technique...

And the trees were funny too... the last line really did make me laugh.

I think you will have success with that.

On the pictures (and I am no expert- look at mine) I think you could replace a couple with either "closer-ups" or some kind of action/activity... (w/o looking again - the fence ones come to mind). I think the others (winery/sunset) are OK as 'extras'.

Ok now do me (so to speak)
 StarrEyez
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2008 1:09:30 PM
Hi, Thank you so much for looking at my profile and giving me your opinion. I most definitely will change some of the pics as soon as I can get some new ones on my comp.! That one pic is actually of me on stairs in an old historical building in Knox., Tn. My friends and family say that it is the best, but with it having to be so small, it takes away from it. Oh well, thats life. LOL

I like your profile alot. It really shows your personality and humor. The only thing I see wrong is that you don't say 'what kind of woman; looks, personality, qualities, etc...' that you are looking for. You may get women who will reply because you sound absolutely wonderful, but others who won't due to the lack of what you want. (Of course, who am I to say what others may think..lol)

Your pics are very good too. Personally though, having a pic of your daughter online may not be wise, there are too many sick people out there and you can never be too careful. Most mothers either cut them out or block out the faces; makes it harder to find someone if you don't know what they look like..lol. The other one is with the band. I would crop the kids on the right out, a little bit of the left side out, and that way it will bring in the actual band members themselves. Most definitely would help see where you are in the pic.

I really hope this helped and did not offend. I also wish you were in my city.. .. you sound just wonderful **blushing now** lol.

Hope you're having a wonderful day and Merry Christmas!!!!!
 lucky_sevans
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2008 2:08:40 PM
Thanks BluStarr!!

Those are great suggestions. Since it seems like it is too long now (from the feedback I've been getting) perhaps when I cut things out/down I should add what I'm looking for. The real problem there is that my tastes are sooo eclectic it is hard to state -- I think all people are good.

Which perhaps ties right into the 'sickos' part. I would like to get some more input about the children issue...

Did not offend at all, maybe even made me blush a little bit too.

/its not a *real* band though... (all in pic are 'kids')
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2008 4:18:13 PM
"Stole these from someone else's profile."

might want to lose that lot, seems too much about poems and not about yourself and what you want to find, tends to distract me from reading the profile and read the poems instead :)
 StarrEyez
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2008 6:57:23 AM

I think all people are good.

Having a wide range of taste is a great thing, but there must be some things or qualities that you find yourself drawn too. Something that sets certain women apart from the others. Just think about it and I'm sure you'll find one thing that has always caught your eye and lured you to a specific woman. Good Luck!!

Which perhaps ties right into the 'sickos' part. I would like to get some more input about the children issue...

Even though this is suppose to be an adult dating site, there are predators that will go through profiles looking for the ones with kids in their area. They can contact you protraying someone else, and find out more info, until they know exactly how to find the kid. It is a sad thing, but true. If you read up on sexual predators and how they find their victims, it is kinda scary that they sometimes find them through their own parents. We tell our kids to not trust strangers, but yet here we are online, telling someone else alot of info. about ourselves. Wow, maybe I should be scared LOL .

(all in pic are 'kids')

That is what makes life fun!!!

Did not offend at all, maybe even made me blush a little bit too.

I thought women were the only ones who blushed on here.

might want to lose that lot, seems too much about poems and not about yourself and what you want to find, tends to distract me from reading the profile and read the poems instead :)

Thanks for the input. Never thought about it that way; just wanted to bring a smile to someone. Will most definitely think about removing them!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU BOTH!!!
 viper548a
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/13/2008 12:47:52 PM
there are a lot of distractions at the bottom of the about me section, but overall I think it's a great profile
 xvermonter
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/13/2008 1:20:25 PM
OP, you are getting WAY off topic here on your original thread. You asked for a profile review and now you are reviewing the profiles of others. This is against forum rules. Please stick to original thread. XV
 StarrEyez
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2008 1:41:19 PM
Viper

Thank you very much. I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my profile. One of the other members mentioned the bottom part too, and I am thinking about removing them. I just like smiling and making other people smile, so I am having a hard time making up my mind. lol

OP, you are getting WAY off topic here on your original thread.

XV,

I did ask for a review, but the other member asked
Ok now do me (so to speak)
; so that is what I did. I have not reviewed or gave my opinion about anyone else's that responded to my thread. Anything else written was in response to their comments. I'm not sure if this is against forum rules or not, but I will reread them to find out.

Thanks to all that have reviewed my profile! Have a nice day and !!!!
 lucky_sevans
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2008 2:13:32 PM
Sorry folks - didnt mean to cause no trouble...

/mostly I just wanted to say "do me" and get away with it.
 StarrEyez
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2008 3:27:30 PM
Now thats funny!!! I don't think it caused any real problems. So no worries. I reread the forum rules and it may be because we 'corresponded/flirted' a little and not just gave opinion on my profile and nothing more. Ooops!!! LOL
 xvermonter
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/13/2008 6:38:38 PM
LOL @ lucky sevans. BTW if someone does ask you to review their profile in an another's thread (aka "off topic") you should not do so. XV
 StarrEyez
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2008 7:31:45 PM

LOL @ lucky sevans. BTW if someone does ask you to review their profile in an another's thread (aka "off topic") you should not do so. XV

Thanks for letting us know, XV. I will remember that from now on; still learning the rules. Have a great night!!!

pbear511
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2008 7:41:20 PM
i guess you might have already noticed that you have an extra arm growing out of the back of your neck. i'd probably suggest you seek medical attention for that.

more close up pics, less dedication stuff at the bottom of the profile. you're here to meet people to date. maybe that sort of thing goes on facebook or myspace, i dunno.

good luck :-)
 StarrEyez
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2008 5:54:20 AM

you have an extra arm growing out of the back of your neck

LOL You think? I thought it made me unique Thanks for the feedback. I can't do anything about the pics right now; I tried to use 'paint' to remove the arm and other techs to make pics closer, but did not work...made them look worse. However, I did remove the 'trees', the dedications I can't remove. They have too much meaning behind them!

Thanks to all who have reviewed and left feedback. I really do appreciate it. I have redone it and if anyone else wants to give me any hints, I'm most definitely listening!!
The pics, I will be redoing asap...hopefully with Christmas pics; unless I'm the one taking alll the pics again this year lol.

Merry Christmas to All!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Changed Profile and Need Feedback Please