Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Broncos/Chargers AFC West title on the line      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Malawena
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Broncos/Chargers AFC West title on the linePage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Happy Holidays to all.

This weekend marks the biggest game of the season for my team. Thanks to Ed Houcili's blown call in week 2, my team as an axe to grind.
What are your thoughts?
 broncsbuff
Msg: 2
Broncos/Chargers AFC West title on the line
Posted: 12/25/2008 11:50:09 AM

Thanks to Ed Houcili's blown call in week 2, my team as an axe to grind.
What are your thoughts?

As a bronco fan, my thoughts are you better win the game. Then we can finally put that call to bed, im sick of hearing it. I dont understand why chargers fans dont blame there defense for letting the broncos go up and down the field in the first half. Brandon Marshall made cromortie his personal ****.....

no more ****ing about the call...if you dont win, then its all on you, chargers got the broncos at home for the afc west title.....

If the broncos dont turn the ball over, my broncos will win....Cutler is gonna have to play his ass off again, we shall see...it will be shootout that is for sure...
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/25/2008 11:53:11 AM
Good luck Broncosbuff on your team this weekend
 broncsbuff
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/25/2008 12:51:31 PM
thanks Jac....we will need it...

as I said, if we dont turn the ball over, I think we win...but as soon as cutler does his favre imitations, then we will probably lose...
 skoochie
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2008 1:04:42 PM
Don't you hate it when someone's prediction is: "It depends on who wants it more."

I think both of these teams are playing for the consolation bracket in the playoffs. The winner gets a home game which will bring them some playoff cash. Well, maybe the home game in the playoffs will give the winner the edge they'll need to beat a hot Colts team. Who knows. It depends on who wants it more.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/25/2008 1:11:57 PM

Don't you hate it when someone's prediction is: "It depends on who wants it more."

its one of the worst sayings in sports...I cant stand it...

when the yankees lost to the red sox in 04, then all of the "red sox WANTED it more"...are you kidding me?

are you telling me that ANY redsox player wanted to win that series more than ...I dont know..lets say Derek Jeter?

last year was alos a good example..."the gaints wanted it more than the pats"...

yea sure, tom brady didnt want to win that game more than any giants player...

so I guess whoever wins sunday night it will be spun "they wanted it more"...yea ok...im sure jay cutler wants to win the game, but its just not as much as phillip rivers right?....

pffft...hate it!!!!
 skoochie
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2008 1:20:03 PM
^^^Those are good examples. It's normally the regining champion who didn't want it as much.

I guess the reigning champions are content with last years performance and care less to win the current championship.
 celts123
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/25/2008 7:19:55 PM
I'm not a fan of either team. But I think the Chargers will win.
 bmc2773
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/25/2008 7:53:29 PM
Bronco's need to win to avoid a NY MET's style choke job.
 skoochie
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2008 8:52:51 PM
Shanny (stealing Broncsbuff's term of endearment) made a living off of the running game. Cutler is his chance to win if he had his running game in tact. Denver is sporting a good receiver thanks to the QB throwing to him. This season will be filled with what "if"s for Denver if they don't win this one.
 paul5988
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/27/2008 12:04:10 AM
i dont think you can put the broncos in the mets category yet lol

I can understand people saying they hate that saying but in reality its true. It is something you just cant measure but you know it when you see it. Has anyone ever beaten someone or some team when you knew they were better than you? actually a better question who here wrestled when they were a teenager or older???? There are matches that i won and lost because of this particular intangible. you may hate the saying that it came down to will but it does.
 clown0
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/27/2008 12:26:45 AM
I hope Broncos bury Chargers. I hope Cutler breaks a record or two on the Chargers.
 MGMLION
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/27/2008 4:50:32 AM
If the game is close and the calls are questionable Chargers are due for some home cooking.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 5:10:16 AM
I like both teams. I will however,lean towards the Chargers. Even though it has been nearly ten years since the Broncos last won the SuperBowl,they have won it(twice for that matter). The Chargers have never won it. It is always nice to see teams that have never won a championship win their first.
Overall,I am just looking forward to what is likely to be a great game this Sunday night.
 chicubs27
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/27/2008 5:10:43 AM
I like San Diego to win on Sunday. Denver has had too many chances to seal the deal & couldn't get it done. Philip Rivers' home record as a starter is really good & he has great numbers at Qualcomm Stadium.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/27/2008 6:48:10 AM
The Chargers look like a better team to win this game and I picked them to win. Although I like Cutler's Broncos because they show better sportsmanship. Rivers and LT are a bunch of whiners....Keep a close on the game to see if there is any bad mouthing between the teams, especially between Cutler and Rivers.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/27/2008 7:54:13 AM
I will say it again...

If the broncos DONT turn the ball over, we will win the game...

chargers pass defense is horrible, and marshall last I remember made cromatie his personal ****...

its gonna be a shootout as both defenses has not played well....
 bmc2773
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/27/2008 8:59:42 AM
Brocsbuff, I don't mind a little favorite team banter, but don't start talking too crazy here. For one, Philips is the #1 rated QB in Football, not Cutler. In fact, Culter isn't even top 10.

Your claiming the Bolts have a "horrible defense"?

Try

Bolts #25
Broncs #28

The BOTH are horrible. Both have good QB's but the Bolts have a running game.

My feeling, is whomever has the ball last will win. Neither defense is stopping anyone.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/27/2008 12:05:15 PM
bmc...read my posts please....

its gonna be a shootout as both defenses has not played well....

I said both defenses are bad...did I not?

Philips is the #1 rated QB in Football, not Cutler. In fact, Culter isn't even top 10.

all these stats people throw out at me just make me laugh...let me remind you...the chargers are 7-8...let me say it again 7-8!!!!....you are what your record is!!!!

cutler and rivers are both very good qb's, both are capable of taking over games...

when the broncos dont turn the ball over, they win...that is a fact...our offense will score points against anybody, its just when cutler plays like favre and starts to throw the ball all over the field is when we lose....

I dont undertand where I was a "homer" in any of my statements?...please explain...
 bmc2773
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/27/2008 12:27:23 PM
Woa, someone is on testosterone overload.

I merely presented facts to your opinion. But, then you went and completely contradicted your own comments. If you "Are what your record is" then why are you not "what your stats say you are"??

Your the one who said the Bolts defense sucks, well so does Denver's. As you say, you are what you are right? Hence the #25 and #28 defenses. My fantasy football players put up HUGE stats against both of these defense's.

And if were being honest here, your "Bronco's" are one REALLY BAD referee's call from having this game mean nothing. If They don't murder that call on the Bolts, they clinched last week and your Bronco's are playing for pride.

I'm not a fan of either, but my money would probably be on the Bolts if I was a betting man. For the one reason I stated prior. The Bolts have a running game. The Bronc's are on their #6 or 7 starting RB. Cutler CAN win a game, I agree. But he can also lose one.

Going to be a great game no doubt.

Better "Homer"?
 broncsbuff
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/27/2008 12:38:32 PM

And if were being honest here, your "Bronco's" are one REALLY BAD referee's call from having this game mean nothing. If They don't murder that call on the Bolts, they clinched last week and your Bronco's are playing for pride.

if if if ...if the chargers could have beat teh panthers AT HOME...if the chargers could have beaten the colts AT HOME...if the chargers could have beaten the falcons AT HOME....if if if...

even after the call the chargers at there shot at us...if they would have won any of those games at home...they would have clinched....the broncos are an average team, I have said it all season, but we are just a little better than the chargers at this point...

lets not forget...chargers were in the afc champ game last year, the broncos are suppose to be rebuilding....

all comes down to coaching... norv vs shanny...norv has more talent overall, but shanny is a much better coach...

sorry, im not gonna hear how great san diego is when they are under 500....Bill Parcells said it best...

YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD IS....
 MGMLION
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/27/2008 1:06:29 PM

if if if ...if the chargers could have beat teh panthers AT HOME...if the chargers could have beaten the colts AT HOME...if the chargers could have beaten the falcons AT HOME....if if if...

If if's and but's were candy and nuts Christmas would be everyday.
 MGMLION
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/27/2008 1:10:29 PM
If Bronco's lose Sunday night there team would be the most disappointed team in the 2008 football season.
 bmc2773
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/27/2008 1:52:54 PM
Broncsbuff, you're making NO sense now. You go on an "if if if" rant yet your the one who said "If" the Broncos don't turn it over, they'll win. Well, "if if if" right back at you.

And the Bolts lost to the Pats, Colts and Falcons at home??? That's (3) pretty darn good teams!
 broncsbuff
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/27/2008 2:27:19 PM
you made the argument that one call screwed the entire season for the chargers...my point is we have given them chances all year to catch us...for goodness sake, we lost to the chiefs, raiders, and the bills, they shoulda caught us a long time ago...

one call didnt make the chargers season...if they would have won just ONE of those home games...the division is not even in question at this point...

again..the chargers are 7-8 for a reason...

If we dont turn the ball over, I think our chances of winning increase greatly...

happy now?
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Broncos/Chargers AFC West title on the line