Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Satanism      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 xgurl213
Msg: 1
SatanismPage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Many people take one look at me with my piercings and my spiked collar and my rock music, and label me a Satanist. Which makes me laugh, cuz being a Satanist isnt a bad thing....if you're being a REAL satanist and not what the judeo-christians label a satanist (anyone who doesnt believe in Christ and the lord saviour). What are your thoughts on Satanism?
 WiccanEnchantress
Msg: 2
Satanism
Posted: 6/22/2005 2:20:44 PM
I think Satanism is the bridge between Christianity, and Paganism. That or Satanist's are just confused. I for one have absoloutly NO beleif in satan, sweety if you REALLY want to know this "Satan" of your's, look up my "Witches God" thread, I think you'll find it very enlightning
 Sleep_Song
Msg: 3
Satanism
Posted: 6/22/2005 2:50:56 PM
I admit that I know very little of modern Satanism. Isn't it more based on philosophy & belief than religion or spirituality? I could be wrong, but I'm curious.
 CountIbli
Msg: 4
Satanism
Posted: 6/22/2005 3:18:01 PM
There are different kinds of Satanists. In modern times LaVey founded the Church of Satan, in which Satan is no more than a symbol for ego gratification. This is an atheistic religion. The followers don't believe in any gods or an actual Satan. On the other end of the scale you have Satanists who believe in a real spirit called Satan who is opposed to the Christian God (whom they also believe in). They usually believe in a Biblical Armageddon, but think Satan is going to win. And there's lots of Satanists in between.
 sum1reel
Msg: 5
Satanism
Posted: 6/22/2005 7:22:56 PM
not all individuals who embrace the so-called neo gothic look/styles are satanists!...it may be an ego thing or a thrill for some, and even just a fad!.....this is analogous to those in the hip-hop culture and style in which they try to emulate thugs in prison garb....of course not everyone in hip-hop garb is a thug!........my limited understanding about satanists is that they look very much like mainstream people and do not like to draw much attention to themselves.....to what degree they actually put their beliefs into practice is beyond me...the worship of satan would actually involve worshipping a fallen angel!!!....according to scriptures, satan (aka lucifer, in his better days) was a splendid angel (the cat's meow)created by god himself! lucificer loved god and was fiercely loyal to him, that is, until one day when god informed him of his new job description!....lucifer was ordained with the duty of caring after, nurturing, and tutoring god's newest upcoming creation called mankind, and to be stationed in a less than desirable piece of real-estate that we call earth!.......upon hearing this, lucifer couldn't believe his ears (say what!!!) and he refused to accept the job!....in his arrongance, he figured this job was way beneath him and that it should have been delegated to a lower ranking angel!....after raising a little bit of hell with the lord, lucifer & his homies were given the boot and landed you know where.....after seeing were he landed and then noticing that he had lost his good looks, satan really got boiling mad and pledged to get even with god by messing with the lord's creations anyway he could......the lord said fine, give it your best shot but if you lose then you'll be on death row....satan won round one in the garden of eden by disgracing adam and his main squeeze!.......but he lost the fight in round 2 when he failed to convince jesus to take a dive because satan felt mankind wasn't worthy of such a sacrifice!....................so those people who indeed worship satan, are basically worshiping a fallen angel (aka, a loser) who has nothing to offer (because he didn't create anything) except lies to try and get us to buy into something that doesn't exist, only for the sole purpose of trying to spite god!..............think about it*
 robertpaulson
Msg: 6
Satanism
Posted: 6/22/2005 8:39:10 PM
My thoughts on Satanisim? I think it is hard to take seriously. It reeks of all the superstition of organized religion, profiteering of televangelisim, and bad hygene of New Ager's. Satanisim even lacks the cultural conecttion to heritage like something like Astratu and Satanisim is nowhere near as intellectually interesting as atheisim or agnosticisim.

It strikes me as being part of a cheesy poseurish mindset, that is usually accompanied by bad fashion, bad music, and second hand bookstore copy of "The Necronomicon" and something by Ann Rice. Satanists are like Trekkies, Civil War reenactors or Renissance Faire people, just without the charm of being harmlessly geeky.

Have a nice day.
 neverwalkrun
Msg: 7
Satanism
Posted: 6/22/2005 9:01:32 PM
Sum1Reel1, that was a very good Reader Digest Version..ha ha thankyou..
 CountIbli
Msg: 8
Satanism
Posted: 6/23/2005 10:03:19 AM
A bit about Lucifer. Lots of inaccurate myths have grown up around the name. The word is used once in the Bible (somewhere in Isaiah I think). Lucifer is Latin for light bearer. It's a name the prophet gave to the king of Babylon (possibly Nebuchanezzar, but I'm not sure about that). The name was never meant to apply to Satan. Catholics did anyway.

Incidentally there an apocryphical book that claims that Satan rebelled against God because God commanded all the angels to worship Adam.
 taurus516
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Satanism
Posted: 12/26/2005 2:19:53 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who brought this up.OP,you are right,being a Satanist isn't necessarily bad.I know some and they're cool people.Do a google search on it and you'll see there are many young people,people who weren't even born when Anton LaVey founded the Church of Satan embracing the dark religion.

Many, I find ,embrace Satanism and the left hand path because of reaction and rebellion against a fanatically religious upbringing.

I'm familiar with three types of Satanism.LaVeyan or modern Satanism which isn't the worship of a literal diety called Satan,but rather slf worship with"Satan" being the personified metaphor of what is believed to be "man's true (carnal,non spiritual)nature".Spiritual Satanism,worship of a literal dark diety.Practitioners believe themselves to be in communion with Satan,whom they believe to be the true God.There there's Medieval Satanism ,which is a reversal of Christianity.
 ruthere490
Msg: 10
Satanism
Posted: 12/26/2005 3:33:43 AM
i believe in devilry just cause it`s so much fun. Satanism is too strong a term for people who are above all that, such as fundemental Christians that have nothing better than raising hell. i myself would never do such a thing. Salem being very near my hometown of New Gunei
 ruthere490
Msg: 11
Satanism
Posted: 12/26/2005 9:32:07 AM
I don`t believe Satan exits for if he did wouldn`t that mean that hurcules would lose his job and if that happened who would hold up the world? I`m gonna have to go sit at the feet of Lord Dave . I can understand this , it is not an easy job.
 Saturday Night Rocks
Msg: 12
Satanism
Posted: 12/26/2005 9:39:13 AM
It's easy to be a Sataninst. All you have to do is live by this one precept:

"Do what thou wilt."

There are many people who live by this motto every day, yet give no thought to God, satan, buddah or any other so-called deity. They are living the devil's philosophy, and they don't even know it...

I'd rather be a child of the King.

"Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest"
 Jump_Steady
Msg: 13
Satanism
Posted: 12/26/2005 11:15:03 AM
[quote It's easy to be a Sataninst. All you have to do is live by this one precept:

"Do what thou wilt." {/quote]

OK NO! see look at satanisim as christianity without the guilt, without the turning to a all mighty and begging for mercy. See what is wrong with this quote is that there are still rules if it was all 'Do what you will' that's anarchy.

if anyone is interested do a google seaarch on anton levay
 ruthere490
Msg: 14
Satanism
Posted: 12/26/2005 4:09:36 PM
i believe in devilry just cause it`s so much fun. Satanism is too strong a term for people who are above all that, such as fundemental Christians that have nothing better than raising hell. i myself would never do such a thing. Salem being very near my hometown of New Gunei

giggling in tongues
 artandsoul
Msg: 15
Satanism
Posted: 12/27/2005 4:42:25 AM
My thoughts on Satanism? Well, first off, thanks to Sum1reel for the hilarious post re Satan's "fall from grace". Thanks to Count Ibli and Taurus for the information on various types of Satanists. It could be useful information in days to come.

If one of my sons announced that he was a Satanist or was about to become one, I would certainly do everything in my power to dissuade him from such a path. My belief is that some who are on such a path are -- or are in the process of becoming -- downright evil. Yes, I do believe that evil exists. Others, as Robert points out, are involved in a bit of a fad and hopefully will grow out of it.

What socially beneficial qualities can possibly arise from a movement that actually worships an evil deity or believes, as a matter of principle, in indulging one's selfishness to the maximum level possible? Sure, Taurus, some who call themselves Satanists may seem at least to be "cool people". But what are their real beliefs? And how might these affect their behaviour? What if they are as deeply into "ego gratification" and an unbridled celebration of man's "carnal, non-spiritual nature" as you suggest and, justified by a philosophy that puts no restraints on their behaviour in this respect, they choose to use you or your loved ones to gratify their egos and indulge their carnal natures? Could you then be as sanguine about a "Satanistic" philosophy as you seem to be now?

It seems to me that the world could use more "light" these days; there is plenty of "darkness", ego gratification and carnal indulgence going on already. The growth of Satanism or similar movements seems to me to be part of a trend towards nihilism and anarchic, egocentric thinking that can hardly augur well for the future. A similar trend was prevalent in Russia in the years prior to the Russian Revolution and was decried by several of the great Russian writers, particularly Dostoyevsky. Perhaps the re-emergence of this trend is an omen of another arguably "worldshaking event".
 BlackSkirtGirl
Msg: 16
Satanism
Posted: 12/27/2005 5:08:16 PM

What socially beneficial qualities can possibly arise from a movement that actually worships an evil deity or believes, as a matter of principle, in indulging one's selfishness to the maximum level possible?

It's nice that you so keenly believe in evil, but that doesn't speak for everyone. I don't believe in evil, nor do I think I'm worshipping an evil deity.
Indulgence doesn't denote compulsion. Don't mistake them for the same thing.
But to answer your question, I'd say that it makes a good social topic at parties. Nothing gets people's attention like saying you bath in the blood of infants.
 Xelsorsior
Msg: 17
Satanism
Posted: 12/27/2005 5:31:53 PM
You do error in your knowledge of a True Christians point of view. Lucifer, Satan , Beelzubub, Angel of Light, Fallen Arch Angel, The most beautiful angel that God created pays very high respect to His Creator whenever He goes to visit the God of all Creation. Satan used to be a follower of God. His name was Lucifer, changed to Satan, the Father of all lies and deceipt. He visits God often. So my question to you would be, why go to the middle man, when you can go to the Top Man?
 taurus516
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Satanism
Posted: 12/27/2005 5:53:30 PM
Sure, Taurus, some who call themselves Satanists may seem at least to be "cool people". But what are their real beliefs? And how might these affect their behaviour?

Well I can only speak about the ones I personally know.As far as their beliefs the families and and indviduals that I personally know who practice Satanism or any other dark path,believe very strongly in the statement "responsibility to the responsible".Morals to them are like personal and social laws of physics which they call Lex Talionis or Law of the Talon (jungle).Instead of the fear of a celestial dictator that deals out punishment, a much harsher penalty for stupity is your own self destruction,which is considered a Satanic sin.

From what I've seen,their behavior is a bit odd and othodox depending on who you're talking to at the time.Some are party animal Death Metal musicians,some are businessmen and corporate types,artsy Goth types and scholarly professor types.They can be a bit aloof and at times even nasty if you piss them off

One of the most interesting couples I know,a middle aged couple in Tampa.The wife is a Satanic Priestess and the husband is a Druidic Shaman.They describe their relationship as "Yin/Yang",light/darkness.They resemble a real life Adam's Family.Their kids are very well behaved and seem to be turning out very functional.They're not the Osbornes.I have learned that when you befriend one of them,they take your friendship very seriously and can be beneficial.Like their Wiccan counterparts,they know alot about natural medicines,homeopathy and such.
 artandsoul
Msg: 19
Satanism
Posted: 12/27/2005 11:07:52 PM

As far as their beliefs the families and and indviduals that I personally know who practice Satanism or any other dark path,believe very strongly in the statement "responsibility to the responsible".Morals to them are like personal and social laws of physics which they call Lex Talionis or Law of the Talon (jungle).Instead of the fear of a celestial dictator that deals out punishment, a much harsher penalty for stupity is your own self destruction,which is considered a Satanic sin.

I'm not sure what is meant by "responsibility to the responsible". The Law of the Jungle, survival of the fittest, etc, I can understand -- it seems that the guiding principle is loyalty to oneself. As long as one gets what one wants, others aren't really important? Sure, they love their families, I suppose -- but what about YOUR family? What if your family got in the way of something they wanted? Couldn't this philosophy justify just about any crime provided that they thought they could get away with it and not cause their own self destruction?

That's the way the jungle works, isn't it? If you're weak or slow or napping at the wrong time, you get eaten. If you're too burdened by morals or conscience, you'll probably never get rich. If you worry about old fashioned notions like telling the truth, you might not get elected. One has to look after oneself after all. I guess we should all hope this movement doesn't get too big. Or, perhaps it already is -- they just don't come right out and call themselves Satanists. I suppose we should be happy for those who do. We can see them coming at least.
 artandsoul
Msg: 20
Satanism
Posted: 12/27/2005 11:21:31 PM

It's nice that you so keenly believe in evil, but that doesn't speak for everyone. I don't believe in evil, nor do I think I'm worshipping an evil deity.

So are you a Satanist, Blackskirt? If so and you don't worship an evil deity, are you among the ones who believe in the Law of the Jungle? Where do you fit in the definitions of Satanism given above? When you say you "don't believe in evil", do you mean you don't believe evil exists? If not, do you believe in right and wrong?

Indulgence doesn't denote compulsion. Don't mistake them for the same thing.
What makes you think I would? The point is that if you believe in nothing but gratifying yourself as a guiding principle of life, what's to stop you from "taking it to the limit" as long as you're smart about it and don't get yourself in any trouble that you can't get out of? And if, in the process of indulging yourself, others get hurt, why should you care if you're following a Satanist philosophy?
 BlackSkirtGirl
Msg: 21
Satanism
Posted: 12/27/2005 11:30:31 PM

What if your family got in the way of something they wanted? Couldn't this philosophy justify just about any crime provided that they thought they could get away with it and not cause their own self destruction?

So Satanists are theives? Or is it the converse that applies?
Anyone could find a way to justify commiting a crime, religion has nothing to do with that.
In LaVeyian you "Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved." Though the mindset may be responsibility to the responsible, there is more to it than that.
 artandsoul
Msg: 22
Satanism
Posted: 12/27/2005 11:54:08 PM
Blackskirt, I don't know if Satanists are thieves or not. I just wonder what in the teachings of Satanism would prevent them from becoming thieves as a means of indulging their desires? I'm surprised to hear that there are any restrictions at all --- although what exactly is meant by "Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved." Give me an example of that?

Also, what is meant by "responsibility to the responsible"?
 BlackSkirtGirl
Msg: 23
Satanism
Posted: 12/27/2005 11:58:11 PM

So are you a Satanist, Blackskirt? If so and you don't worship an evil deity, are you among the ones who believe in the Law of the Jungle? Where do you fit in the definitions of Satanism given above? When you say you "don't believe in evil", do you mean you don't believe evil exists? If not, do you believe in right and wrong?

No matter which form I subscribed to, I would think I followed an evil deity. It's Christianity that views Satan as evil, not me.
I would fit under LaVeyian as the the basic rules are the ones I agree with, but that's not to say I agree with all the Doctor has said.
No, I don't believe in the concept of evil.
It would depend on what you mean by "right and wrong".

What makes you think I would? The point is that if you believe in nothing but gratifying yourself as a guiding principle of life, what's to stop you from "taking it to the limit" as long as you're smart about it and don't get yourself in any trouble that you can't get out of? And if, in the process of indulging yourself, others get hurt, why should you care if you're following a Satanist philosophy?

That fun little paragraph makes me think that you would. I believe in far more than just gratifying myself. Perhaps that's where you first went wrong. Though I may do it, it's not a driving force in my live.
 BlackSkirtGirl
Msg: 24
Satanism
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:10:51 AM

Blackskirt, I don't know if Satanists are thieves or not. I just wonder what in the teachings of Satanism would prevent them from becoming thieves as a means of indulging their desires? I'm surprised to hear that there are any restrictions at all --- although what exactly is meant by "Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved." Give me an example of that?

Also, what is meant by "responsibility to the responsible"?

I thought a statement telling you not to steal would be pretty straight forward.
If someone had something I want, I would not take it unless they didn't want it anymore. I don't know how this can be confusing.

The thing that's meant by that statement is that people should be held accountable. No more "it's God's will" or "it's part of God's plan". If someone is murdered, the murderer was responsible for it, not the devil or some other supernatural force. Humans are responsible for their own action.
 artandsoul
Msg: 25
Satanism
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:37:27 AM
I thought a statement telling you not to steal would be pretty straight forward.

Well, if the statement was as simple as that it would be. "Thou shalt not steal" is pretty straight forward. "Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved." is not so straight forward. Obviously, if someone gives you something, that's not "taking" it, is it? It's a gift and now legally belongs to you. What's the point of adding "unless it's a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved"? Have you personally ever taken something from someone who cried out to be relieved of it? What does that mean? Can you give me an example or explain why "do not steal" wouldn't have been sufficient?

The thing that's meant by that statement is that people should be held accountable. No more "it's God's will" or "it's part of God's plan". If someone is murdered, the murderer was responsible for it, not the devil or some other supernatural force. Humans are responsible for their own action.

That people are to be held responsible for their own actions -- is that some kind of earthshattering, groundbreaking insight by Mr. LaVey? What religion doesn't hold us accountable for our sins? Are you suggesting that Christianity, for instance, holds the devil accountable for the sins of human beings? On the contrary, Christians are told to resist the devil. Do Christians suggest that people should get away with murder because it's part of God's plan? I really don't see what's significant about this simple principle or how it differentiates Satanism from any other philosophy. Is the whole point that God shouldn't get any credit for anything that happens? Or is there more to it?
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Satanism