Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > New Mexico  > Albuquerque POF Event @ Sidelines      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TxBluEyes74
Msg: 1
Albuquerque POF Event @ SidelinesPage 1 of 1    
Our very first POF party here in Albuquerque. Saturday February 7th 2009 @ 7pm - to whenever you feel like leaving, but the bar closes at 2am. If you find someone interesting on POF and would like to meet them in person, invite them to join the party. Or if you yourself would just like to get out and mingle with fellow single men and women, signup, we would love to see you there.

The Place: Sidelines Sports Grille & Bar
Address : 9211 Coors Blvd NW
Albuquerque, NM 87114
Phone: (505) 897-4633

Located next door to Movies West off of Coors and Paseo Del Norte

$$
No Cover Charge

must be 21+
No band on Saturday nights (Friday's Only)

Saturday Alcohol Discounts
Bud/light pounders 4x $13.50 (usually $16.00)
Miller/light pitchers $9.50
Jack/shooters $4.25

Tables will be held for $5 per person, a check written for the total amount of people that sign up (I will take care of this).

If you would like to attend this event: Please signup below

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

1nmgrl

1nmt

55279m

angelspirit_51

b4jus

being peace

boop40c

chileoso

chimeria

cooksfire9000

cordoba105

crsmy

Czech12

dana0331

Delapache

dollface924

dsrtrosy1

dwf4639

firelight000

Flashdancer11

freind_with_ben86

fritz55

funnylady68

greeneyedseeker

gypsytail

hottubd

ickybod

jenn tastes good

juanito64

Kahndor

Kap1975

kokoman1959

lanl_menace

latinajewel

laurallm

looken4fun_4life

luvbug1962

makeitbest

mantareya

mellowdude4u

mkp-dance

NMKeith

nmlionking

OneCoolChick24

onexsaint

pajarita46

pincolada1

powellmw1972

priscasta

REIDY64

richjohndeming

ridersv57

saltine71

Sandovaljames77

seeking my karma

seemeseeyou2

sharkdawg

shatteredsoldier

silky silver

simplegirl13

sitetrack

somebodysme67

SPADE41

Spiritual Lady

stephaniemillerwantab

stryker6660

summerdreamer

tattooed snow

Tattoued

Vicente83

wdingsinger

71 people are attending
 TxBluEyes74
Msg: 2
Albuquerque POF Event @ Sidelines
Posted: 1/10/2009 3:18:43 PM
If you never posted in a forum before:

1) You must login to the forums
a. Upper right on toolbar click login (use your same user name and password)

2) I believe you have to wait 72hrs (three days) to post. But try it anyway
 Libby55
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 8:03:05 AM
Good morning! I did a copy and paste on your invitation and am sending it to everyone on my match list. No one on my list knew about this forum, much less about the social. It might help get the word out a bit better if we all started sending out a personal invitation to the event. Good luck on getting a great turnout! Elain
 Libby55
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 8:04:21 AM
Did you think to check the bar capacity? LOL It would be fun to crowd that place to the point of bursting at the seams!
 lanl_menace
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 2:29:02 PM
Since I'll probably be there late, anybody care to suggest a hotel close by? I'll drive back if I have to but would rather just plan on spending the night.

Dennis
 TxBluEyes74
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/11/2009 2:51:46 PM
Well Dennis on the West side of Albuquerque, there really is no motels in that area of town. There is a motel off of Coors and I-40 (approximately 6 miles) or up in Rio Rancho off of NM528 (approximately 5-6 miles).
 GreenEyedSeeker
Msg: 7
Sidelines Event > motels:
Posted: 1/12/2009 4:43:21 PM
Dennis,
Try 1) Motel 6 at 6015 Iliff Road, NW (831-3400) or 2) the La Quinta at 6101 Iliff Road, NW (839-1744). There is a light at Coors and Iliff. They are RIGHT near the I-40 exit, so merging, etc., is speedy and dicey, but I'm sure you're up for it. I have no problem with inexpensive motels (though people have been shot at the Motel 6), and no, you should NOT try to drive back the same night, not even to Santa Fe, let alone Los Alamos. Good for you. You poor thing. WHO can there be (number-wise) to meet in Los Alamos? Hope to see you there.
Green Eyed Seeker
 TxBluEyes74
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/12/2009 5:43:18 PM
Thanks Greeneyeseeker for providing the names and numbers to these motels close by. That was stepping out of the box on your part. Hope to see you both there

TxBluEyes74
Msg: 9
Help Host POF Event @ Sidelines
Posted: 1/13/2009 8:53:17 PM
If any are willing to help host and or organize this event with me, let me know and I'll see what I can do to give you the rights to this thread. Thanks
 onexsaint
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/14/2009 3:14:51 PM
Hey, sound like a great Idea. Doe's any one have an idea of who the band will be? Will there be a sign in area or any form of recognition that you there to attend this event? Maybe you should talk to Dominic to see if you can arrange drink discounts for the guest attending that night. Oh well, you can count me in. I hope to see everyone there and lets make this a fun and safe night!
Just wanted to say thanks for stepping out and making this night happen.
Jimmy
 lanl_menace
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2009 4:26:39 PM
Many thanks. I'll try La Quinta and see about price and availability.

So far as women in Los Alamos, I've actually dated a couple and have "imported' a few. The imports are REALLY funny now but I'll leave that story for the event.

Dennis
 Zuglo
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/15/2009 5:26:58 AM
Sounds like a great idea, I am glad to see this happening.
I can't attend, as I'll have my daughter, as usual.
Wish it would be on the weekdays. I know, I know, weekends are better for most.
You all have fun.
 Priscasta
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2009 6:54:11 PM
Hi Keith.......My name is Presila (Pris)...If you need any kind of help organizing or anything for this event please let me know and I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can. Also,...I think it would be great to have this party on Friday with a "LIVE" band. But ..that's just my "opinion"..lol. Hopefully, we can get enough "opinion's" to change it...lol......Let me know about any help you might need. Thanks....Pris
 TxBluEyes74
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/15/2009 8:06:28 PM
Hey Presila, thank you for the response, I have actually received over three dozen emails today alone asking to keep it on Saturday. The reason was that most people would like to mingle within the crowd and that a live band will just take the attention away from those they are there to meet, I fully understand this reasoning. So with this out pouring of emails I will leave it for Saturday the 7th. If all goes well for this event I will host another one at another area of town (maybe the east side). And possibly set it up to where there will be a live band. We need more events here in Albuqueruqe, so I'm hoping for a great turnout..

In answer to your question, I would love to have you help me with this, I would need you to email me and we'll exchange phone numbers if that's cool with you? But for the mean time I will add you as a host and you'll have rights to send out mass emails, and mod this thread.

Thank you
Keith
 saltine71
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/22/2009 2:36:30 PM
wanted to let out of towners know.who will be driving more than 3 hours( like me.) you can go to roomsaver.com and find motels.like for ex: days inn 6031 Iliff rd. has a walk in coupon for under $50. check round. thanks keith for doing this.
saltine71
 seemeseeyou2
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/22/2009 8:57:24 PM
Hi Keith,
I just read your post about anybody wanting to with this event. I would like to assist you in any way possible. At the moment I'm nursing a severe sprain; however, I am able to move around just very slowly. Just let me know. Andrea,
 TxBluEyes74
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/25/2009 10:22:36 AM
powellmw1972 and Seemeseeyou2 will host the event at Sidelines per their willingness to help out. Thank you two very much for stepping up to the plate to help me out. Thanks so much

Keith
 LocoLuchador
Msg: 18
Question
Posted: 1/26/2009 12:41:49 PM
Will this be something like a speed date thing? Just curious?
 Str8upinSF
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/26/2009 1:38:48 PM
Hey Andrea,

Thanks for stepping up and taking the reins from Keith. He mentioned in an earlier post, that tables could be reserved for $5.00, so being that I'm coming in from SF with a couple of friends, I would like to reserve a table. I'm assuming this is going to be a mingle/chat at your own discretion type of get together. Someone mentioned a possible "speed dating" type thing, and after seeing the "40 Year Old Virgin", I think I will need ALOT of alcohol prior to doing that, LOL!! Just kidding.....

If you have any updates from the "bar", that would be helpful. Thanks again!

Oliver
 TxBluEyes74
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/26/2009 6:18:39 PM
I will also help out here guys and gals. I will be talking to Dominic (the owner of Sidelines) this weekend, so just because I will not be attending, does not mean I won't help this get off because I truly believe that the event needs and must go on.. I will still do what I can from afar.

There is no reservations usually at Sidelines, Dominic had just mentioned to me that he would reserve tables at $5 a head, but that was only to hold the tables. If needs be you (anyone) can just show up and hold some tables and maybe put a simple sign up that say's POF.. And there will be NO money involved what so ever..

As far a speed dating.. Nah, come on guys go and have fun, you have from 7pm - 2am. Get to know one another and if you connect with someone awesome.. If you get laid you must let us all know LOL j/k

I might just make a surprise entrance.. Who knows. . .

b4jus
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/29/2009 7:56:01 AM
How do you copy and paste? My friend is co-hosting this and I would like to help her get the word out. I think this is a great idea. If someone will let me know I will send to others as well.
 HISpoema1972
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 6:24:26 PM
Seemeseeyou2, if you are around and you happen to see this, please contact me through POF, prior to the event is preferred. I am available for the balance of tonight and tomorrow, and possibly part of Thursday and Saturday prior to the event as well. I'd like to make sure we're on the same page as far as hosting goes. God bless. -Mike
Show ALL Forums  > New Mexico  > Albuquerque POF Event @ Sidelines