Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Drugs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dmcluvin
Msg: 1
DrugsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
With the drug related gangland deaths on the increase around the country{ok in Dublin and Limerick} and the country in the recession does anybody think that legalising drugs would be a good solution to the problem?With a high number of coke heads and junkie animals floating around there is surely a pretty penny to be made by the Government,and its also a good way to get at the criminals since they are literally letting them get away with murder!!Just think if the Government were to sell back the cocaine found off the cork coast in 07 they would be 500 million euro richer which would go a long way to helping our brutal health system amongst other things!!

Any comments on the subject??
 JasonGrimm
Msg: 2
Drugs
Posted: 1/13/2009 5:31:44 PM
Are drugs really legal in Amsterdam? I heard it was something like you could buy Marryjuana but not smoke it in public.
 Autumn Moon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Drugs
Posted: 1/13/2009 7:49:52 PM
I think that helping addicts control their use is a good thing. Clean needle clinics, methadone clinics, that sort of thing. Definitely legalize marijuana. -
 ShinyFallingStarr
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Drugs
Posted: 1/14/2009 4:05:13 AM
Yeah but the government would get sued about drug related deaths... so I doubt it would happen lol
 tecnic
Msg: 5
Drugs
Posted: 1/14/2009 1:16:18 PM
THATS ONE THING I WOULDNT DO NO WAY ANY ONE THAT DOES DRUGS OR GETS SHOT I HAVE NO SIMPANY FOR THEM ALL THE DRUG DEALERS SHOULD BE PUT IN TO A BIG FEILD AND SHOT ON SITE AND IF PEOPLE DO DRUGS LET THEM AND TO MAKE MATTER WORSE IT BAD ON THE MOTHER AND DADDY OF THAT PERSON THERE IS PLEANY TO DO INSTED OF DRUGS THE ONLY DRUGS YOU SHOULD BE ON IS THE ONE THE DOCOR PUT YOU ON THEY YOU CANT GO WRONG WHERE I LICE IN BALBRIGGAN WE HAVE A CALLED BAD/BALBRIGGAN AGAINST DRUGS IT WAS SET UP A FEW YEARS A GO IF SEAMS FINGLAS SEEN TO BE A ROUGHT SPOT IT NEARLY ON THE NEWS A LOT I WOULD DO DRUGS BECOUSE I DONT WANT TO PUT MY RAIDO JOB IN DANGER OR MY FELLOW PRESENTERS AS WELL AS THE VERVE SAY ON ONE OF THERE SONGS DRUGS DONT WORK AND RICHARD ASHCROFT FROM THE VERVE IS RIGHT HE IS THE FRONT MAN WITH THEM
 si-denada
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Drugs
Posted: 1/14/2009 1:42:07 PM
^^^^^^^^

Crikey Tecnic you should be on television!
 tecnic
Msg: 7
Drugs
Posted: 1/15/2009 1:26:19 PM
WHAT DO YOU TAK ME FOR I AM NOT IN TO DRUGS WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT I DONT WANT TO PUT MY JOB ON THE LINE IF I DID DRUGS I WOULD BE THROWN OFF THE RAIDO ECT SO THE ANWSER IS NO I DONT TOUCH DRUGS
 tecnic
Msg: 8
Drugs
Posted: 1/15/2009 1:29:51 PM
I HAVE BEEN ON TV A WHILE BACK IT A PROGRAM THEY MADE ABOUT THE PLACE I WORK AND COUNT ME BEING SO LONG ON THE RAIDO I GOT ON TV WELL I AM ON RAIDO AT PRESENT MY BE ONE DAY I MIGHT GET ON THE TV
 tecnic
Msg: 9
Drugs
Posted: 1/15/2009 1:43:05 PM
YOUR RIGHT THERE HAPPY FAIR PLAY I ONLY TAKE TABLETS THAT THE DOCTOR PUTS YOU ON IF I WAS ON DRUGS I WOULDNT BE A LOUD ON THE RAODO I WOULD BE FIRED BY THE HOSPITAL BOARD NOW I AM NOT STUPIT EVEY ON IS ON TABLES BUT ONLY IF THE DOCTOR PUT YOU ON THEM THERE IS A UNIT IN MY JOB CALLED THE ADMISSION UNIT THAT IS IS FOR DRUGGIES AND SOME TIMES YOU MIGHT SEE OUT WALKING AND THE ADMISSION UNIT CAN BE A DANGEROUS PLACE USELY THE GARDI FROM SWORDS GETS CALLED IN IN FACT THE GARDS WERE OVER THERE THIS AFTERNOON AND IF A MALE/FEMAIL IS BEING ADMITTED USLEY A GARDI CAR TRAVELS BEHIND THE AMBLANCE IT FOR SAFTEY OF THE DRIVER BUT IF SHE/HIM IS DANGEROUS THAT HAS TO HAPPEN AS A REQUEST FROM THE HSE
BUT IAM NOT ON DRUGS OF ANY TYPE
 SuSuSudio
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Drugs
Posted: 1/15/2009 1:43:16 PM
I swear I never did a drug in my life, but after reading teniccitus the past few days, I feel like I could have been on 'dope' for years - just makes my eyes and brain spin

teccinitus, you sure you never had a bang to your head at all, at all ? I'm not worrit for you, just for the poor patients who don't get the laughter therapy they deserve !
 SuSuSudio
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Drugs
Posted: 1/15/2009 3:03:41 PM
I ONLY TAKE TABLETS THAT THE DOCTOR PUTS YOU ON IF I WAS ON DRUGS I WOULDNT BE A LOUD ON THE RAODO

BUT IAM NOT ON DRUGS OF ANY TYPE

oooo yer little fibber .. right there ^ ^ ^ what do you think another word for 'medicine is'?

D R U G

what's the doctor got you on, by the way?
 Total nut job
Msg: 12
Drugs
Posted: 1/15/2009 3:04:22 PM
The whole drugs thing is mad. I think smoking dope should maybe be legalised. I know lots of people that use it, but at times it fries my head, I keep wondering, thinking, not remembering what I was going to say....
 dmcluvin
Msg: 13
Drugs
Posted: 1/15/2009 4:42:13 PM
Are the westies back from the mountains in alicante??
 tecnic
Msg: 14
Drugs
Posted: 1/16/2009 12:13:56 PM
FOR ME TO KNOW AND YOU TO FIND OUT
AND YOUR A VERY NOSEYPERSON
 Netgeek34
Msg: 15
Drugs
Posted: 1/16/2009 1:43:20 PM
Yes drugs should be legal. cant see it happening here anytime in the next 30 years unfortunately.

Theres a lot of misconceptions about Amsterdam/The Netherlands.

The sale of Heroin/Cocaine/LSD/MDMA (Ecstacy) are all illegal
The sale of most types of "magic" mushrooms are now illegal as well
Even growing/selling cannabis is TECHNICALLY illegal (In order to comply with some EU and UN conventions -National soverigenty how are you) but cofeeshops are licenced by the government and cannabis users are never prosecuted.

Rates of drug use, drug addiction and drug related crime are among the lowest in Europe. And contamination is far less of a problem (most of the harmful effects associated with drugs comes from the crap thats added to it rather than the drugs per-se)
 Netgeek34
Msg: 16
Drugs
Posted: 1/17/2009 4:55:02 AM

I don't see how any government, anywhere in the world could possibly legalise the sale and use of cocaine in the form it's sold right now because of where it comes from and what is involved in growing it i.e. Colombian warlords forcing farmers to grow Coco plants and to destroy the rain forests to create arable land for growing even more - it's a sick business.

They dont have much problem with the sale and use of oil

are you sure Netgeek, maybe petty crime in relation to The Netherlands European cousins is lesser but...they do murder people over there...

Yes Im pretty sure that notwithstanding the fact In the Netherlands people do occasionally get murdered (some of them are even "relatively innocent" -whatever that means) the numbers are far lower than in Ireland or the UK (allowing for population differences and wotnot).
 killarneyman
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Drugs
Posted: 1/18/2009 3:38:35 AM
While in principle I agree that by legalizing drugs you could remove the crime aspect from the equation, there are a number of other things that need to be taken into account.

Firstly, where do we get the drugs? Do we grow them ourselves? How do we manage security for such a venture? Do we just set up poppy farms somewhere in Wicklow or something? How do we deal with criminals from other parts of the world who might want to steal them? From time to time we have enough trouble with crime gangs robbing securicor vans. What happens when vans full of heroin start driving down the road?

Secondly, how do you decide who can have drugs and who can not? There is a huge social stigma around drug taking of any sort here, and that (along with the fact that it is illegal, and at times very difficult to get) actually does alot to keep people away from it. I know some casual drug users, and they are casual just because they can not get their coke or pills every weekend. If they can walk into the local chemist and get them, will they turn into full time users? I remember when I was 16, and my parents caught me smoking for the first time they gave me a bit of shit about it. But my reasoning was that the government had decided, by their age restrictions, that a 16 year old was mature enough to decide if they wanted to smoke or not (I know the laws have since changed to 18, but my point remains the same). By legalizing drugs in this country, the government is saying 'Hey, it's ok to take drugs'

Thirdly, will legalizing drugs remove crime from Ireland? I sincerely doubt it. People who are involved in the drug trade, should you take drugs out of the equation, will just find another way to make large sums of money very quickly.
 Netgeek34
Msg: 18
Drugs
Posted: 1/18/2009 1:59:56 PM

How do we deal with criminals from other parts of the world who might want to steal them? From time to time we have enough trouble with crime gangs robbing securicor vans. What happens when vans full of heroin start driving down the road?

Funny I dont seem to remember any recent instances of criminal gangs from Iran or Saudi robbing trucks full of Guinness
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 19
Drugs
Posted: 1/18/2009 2:20:04 PM

Funny I dont seem to remember any recent instances of criminal gangs from Iran or Saudi robbing trucks full of Guinness

Well you wouldn't would you, they don't drink alcohol supposedly and anyway it's the Jamaicans and the Africans who love stout.

I wonder if there are any criminal gangs in Iran or Saudi anyway....I would have thought the Ayatolloh's and the mullah's would've scared any would be criminals off breaking the law.

But regardless, if drugs were suddenly legalised it wouldn't immediately follow that criminals would be out of a job - there is such a thing as the blackmarket and I'm sure criminals would sell anything there...they'd probably steal the drugs and sell them on, undercutting the government...it makes sense !!

If anybody knows the answer can you tell me why the mod's on here can't count....I've posted 7 posts today, the 18th, but according to them I've posted 10...which I haven't at all.

I'd ask them personally but they have blocked me from contacting them because they are that ridiculous and not because I message them all the time...maybe once a year if at all.

Bloody freaks !!

I'm really annoyed with this bullshit.
 Naomi-the-cool
Msg: 20
Drugs
Posted: 1/18/2009 3:12:42 PM
Can i just say, on behalf of all my fellow forum fans,

Tecnic!!! PUNCTUATION!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously... sort it out!!!! i havent a clue what youre saying!!!!
 Netgeek34
Msg: 21
Drugs
Posted: 1/19/2009 10:18:09 AM

...they don't drink alcohol supposedly
Just like people in Ireland dont take heroin

Supposedly

...they'd probably steal the drugs and sell them on, undercutting the government...it makes sense !!

Only in the same way and to the same extent which they currently do with those drugs which happen to be legal
 killarneyman
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Drugs
Posted: 1/19/2009 11:26:12 AM
Guinness is a little bit harder to shift and worth a little less per pound than something like heroin. A keg of Guinness is like what? 70kg? And worth maybe 50 - 80 euro at the absolute most on the black market.

Something tells me that 70kg of heroin, cocaine or even hash would be worth a wee bit more than 50 euro.
 Autumn Moon
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Drugs
Posted: 1/19/2009 4:30:36 PM
You say a bullet in the head is cheaper, any thoughts to the big picture??? In the years to come... the diseases that addicts deal with is huge, who do you thinks pays for it??
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 24
Drugs
Posted: 1/19/2009 4:40:01 PM
^^^

the diseases that addicts deal with is huge, who do you thinks pays for it??

Nobody if we shoot them in the head..

...they don't drink alcohol supposedly

Just like people in Ireland dont take heroin

Supposedly

...they'd probably steal the drugs and sell them on, undercutting the government...it makes sense !!

Only in the same way and to the same extent which they currently do with those drugs which happen to be legal

You're going to have to s p e l l out the point you are making Netgeek, because I'm just not getting it.
 flyin-high
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Drugs
Posted: 1/22/2009 2:15:02 PM
Every time the topic of legalizing drugs comes up, marijuana gets lumped in with cocaine and heroin. Marijuana is very different, not just in it’s chemical composition, but in it’s social impact on society.

If you want to see an example of the wrong way to deal with drug problems just look at the Americans. On a per capita basis, they have the highest prison population of any country, over 50% of their prison population is due to drug related crimes. 25% is marijuana related, yet violent offenders are released due to over population because their crimes carry a lesser sentence in many cases. At the same time, the medical profession dispenses pain killers and anti-depressants like they were candy.

I’m not sure that legalizing marijuana is a good idea, but decriminalizing possession of small amounts of it definitely is.

Ireland seems fairly tolerant of marijuana, keep it that way, and please don’t turn into a bunch of Americans.
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Drugs