Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > fierce creatures      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The Mint
Msg: 1
fierce creaturesPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Having tripped around the profiles awhile I've noticed that there's quite a lot of ladies with some rather fearsome looking dog pics on their profiles
alsationasms, bull mastiffs, the odd rottie even.

Appreciate the media have portrayed we are living in violent times to a great degree and that there are legitimate reasons why people need to have protection in their own homes.

Whilst I also appreciate the honesty that such pics give on the profile, ie. "We come as a pair", I do find some of these pics a trifle off-putting and it has tempered my response on occassions. This is not an anti-animal thread as I am a pet owner myself and have owned boths cats and dogs myself in the past.

I don't think there's a right answer on this but be interested on other peoples view and maybe experiences of encountering said animals without prior knowledge of their existence.
 Storm300x
Msg: 2
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 3:00:34 AM
Those are not fierce animals they are my sons!

In all seriousness some people are animal lovers..and and too right they come as a pair..Just like some people come with children, you would not expect them to give them up or 'hide' the fact they have them?..These people who advertise their animals on their profiles, obviously want to be honest and open with their potential dates...

Would you rather go on a date and come face to face with a fierce dog than be pre warned?
 surreall
Msg: 3
view profile
History
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 3:03:42 AM
My only experience of not quite the same thing, was with someone who kept canaries and finches, these were never mentioned until we started dating and i went to his flat , the problem with these was that whatever we did was restricted by his need to get home at least every other day to feed and water them, anything more than a weekend away was out of the question as he couldn't/wouldn't let anyone else look after them.
 Re-raise
Msg: 4
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 3:18:48 AM
I think things like this should be mentioned from the outset. I am not a great animal lover, don't hate them, just don't have time for them. Nothing against anyone with pets, just not my cup of tea. But last year I went out for a couple of dates with a young lady, getting on great, then found out when we first went back to her house that she practically lived in a zoo. She had something like 10 cats, 6 dogs, there were rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, budgies and enormous iguana, several snakes and three cages of birds that I haven't got a clue of what kind.
If she had mentioned this at the beginning then she probably not got so upset when, thinking the relationship might proceed to the next level, I told her that I didn't like animals and that it was probably not going to work between us. The most distrubing thing was that she kept referring to them as her children.
 Mannish Boy
Msg: 5
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 3:24:50 AM

Would you rather go on a date and come face to face with a fierce dog than be pre warned
that sounds like the average date for me
 ShinyFallingStarr
Msg: 6
view profile
History
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 7:59:16 AM
So I need to warn people about my sea monkeys then?
 The BFH
Msg: 7
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 8:02:29 AM

So I need to warn people about my sea monkeys then?

Only drug users... They might try and snort them.
 garyzac
Msg: 8
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 11:20:16 AM
If anything in a profile puts you off from contacting someone, just be grateful!

These people are being honest and open about something which is a huge part of their lives, and with which you'd have to put up with if you wanted their company.
 oggers
Msg: 9
view profile
History
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 11:24:08 AM
Someone had a fierce fish on here a while back, not seen her for a while though !
 vwulme
Msg: 10
view profile
History
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 11:38:52 AM
So Oggers what bait do you suggest to keep a fierce fish on the line?
Winalot?
 SanToki
Msg: 11
view profile
History
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 11:54:28 AM
I've noticed that there's quite a lot of ladies with some rather fearsome looking dog pics on their profiles

If anything in a profile puts you off from contacting someone, just be grateful

Agreed, it's a status symbol, nothing to do with "protection".
if the dog's rough then there's a fair chance the owner is as well.

oggers
Msg: 12
view profile
History
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 1:15:56 PM

Winalot?

Lissen missie, I felt the wrath of Fierce Fish's tongue before ... I wouldn't be using any bait thank you ! lol
 Cleverkitten
Msg: 13
view profile
History
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 1:20:54 PM
I don't have dogs, but I do have cats (yeah shock horror, who would have thought it )

I would hate to meet a man and find he's allergic to pussies
 23xkaTiEx
Msg: 14
view profile
History
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 1:23:27 PM
TBH if I see someone with a dog in their pictures, which belongs to them, and is generally percieved to be a 'dangerous dog' I tend to not be interested in that person.

The eason being that I have a small child and I think it would be unfair to get to know a person knowing that its not going to work because of the dog. I coudnt risk my daughter being around them. No matter how 'child friendly' the dog may be there is always a chance it could turn just once.

I can't take the risk.
 pink bows
Msg: 15
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 1:36:12 PM
i went out with a bloke who shared custody of a huge st. bernard with his ex-wife. they also shared two cars, whoever had the dog drove the shabby car and the other got the posh car. they would swap cars when they handed the dog over.

the first (and last) time i went to his house, i was a bit intrigued by the paint techniques on his walls.... the pattern involved long slashes that were randomly painted in different directions everywhere on the bottom half of the walls, doors, radiators etc... i thought that someone must have really put a lot of effort into decorating the house.

it wasnt until the dog shook its head and i got a snotty string of slimey slobber across my face that i realised that it wasnt paint after all....
 cheekyjules
Msg: 16
view profile
History
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 1:39:41 PM
Staffys put me right off.

They are used as chav tags, you never see anybody smart walking one, it always seem to be yobbish looking types in their trackies and hoods.
 Cleverkitten
Msg: 17
view profile
History
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 1:44:46 PM

it wasnt until the dog shook its head and i got a snotty string of slimey slobber across my face that i realised that it wasnt paint after all....

Years ago my ex.husbands cousins g/f had one of those, jeez that slobber can fly can't it

And slightly off topic, what's that saying about people and their dog's looking alike ????????
 fooked off Amy
Msg: 18
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 1:47:08 PM

Whilst I also appreciate the honesty that such pics give on the profile, ie. "We come as a pair",

Have to worry when the 'pair' involves bedroom action... methinks OP may have watched some really dodgy smut

A dog is a dog at the end of it all. It is down to the owner who make it what it is
 Jim...
Msg: 19
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:00:52 PM
Maybe they think having a pic of the dog will swing it in their favour?

"We'll she's a bit rough, but awww look at his pweddy liddle face"
 angeldelight19
Msg: 20
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:14:07 PM
Well anyone who doesn't like pu$$ies best stay away from me.........
 ~Techno Wench~
Msg: 21
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:19:19 PM
I have a German Shepherd ... I got her from the dogs home to stop argrophobia setting in during a time of serious illness; she was my reason to leave the house and something to get me motivated and back on the road to recovery
We do come as a pair, along with my kids and grandchildren. I'm not offended if people don't want to be around the dog and are honest about it, it means we aren't compatible....it's no big issue, just preference.
 ~*chelle~shock*~
Msg: 22
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/20/2009 2:23:26 AM
Haha message eleven my dog is a neurotic cross breed so what does that make me?
 MissSelf
Msg: 23
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/20/2009 4:53:51 AM
I love animals and I probably would be overjoyed at meeting any I didn't know were there. But I'd probably give the animals more attention than the owner I was meant to be seeing!

I think it's good if people do show their pets afterall they are the Fish's hobby and interests too. Simalirly I feel that it is good to know and good to show.

Although I can see why it might be off putting for some but then the animal owner is going to want to know someone that does get offput by animals. Sorts the wheat from the chaff.
It's not the dogs' fault if they look fearsome!

I miss Fierce Fish......... and I am offended on her behalf of the insunations toward winalot dog food. Not accurate in my opinion. But then I know it realy was made in jest and I hope with fondness...
 Fierce Fish
Msg: 24
view profile
History
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/22/2009 12:54:09 PM
Having tripped around the profiles awhile I've noticed that there's quite a lot of ladies with some rather fearsome looking dog pics on their profiles

I know there are lots of fierce creatures coming from Glasgow and Liverpool..

I have seen their pictures!!
 PlantLife001
Msg: 25
fierce creatures
Posted: 1/22/2009 1:01:05 PM
I thought you were gonna be talking about killer squirrels. I'd rather face a dog than a squirrel
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > fierce creatures