Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why do men look at my profile, but not chat?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 coley82
Msg: 1
why do men look at my profile, but not chat?????Page 1 of 1    
I'm needing some understanding here fellas, on more than one occasion I have seen where a guy has viewed me. So when I see them again online I'll try to chat with them, they open the IM then close it. Are my pic that bad because I don't feel that they are. What really gets me is after they have opened the IM and closed it they will go right back and view my profile daily!!!!!!!! I just want to get a male point of view about this! Anyone have any answers for me????
 seib3184
Msg: 2
why do men look at my profile, but not chat?????
Posted: 1/27/2009 8:12:07 AM
Well, for starters those people aren't necessarily viewing your profile multiple times.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2009 8:20:30 AM
Darlin guys can LOOK at a 100 profiles. They may not of even read a word of it. They just clicked to see a bigger pic of your thumbnail OK? Means nothing. Quit even looking at the viewing page. It means nothing OK?

Next you dont understand HOW that viewed me page works. It takes like 90 days before someone can show up again on that page. Please read the instructions that are clearly printed on that page or so a thread search to understand how that works.

Next many dont want a first contact on here via IM. They consider it rude. You contact through emails and THEN you ask if they want to IM.

Best of luck

Cowboy
 Write Time
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2009 8:25:28 AM
Your photos are fine!

Probably just a situation where guys are too busy or distracted to respond to IM. And personally I'm way more inclined to respond to a full-fledged note than a simple "hi, what's up?" IM.

Drop someone a line & see what response you get.

Good luck!
 happyrebel
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2009 8:26:47 AM
Just because someone has viewed your profile does not mean that they were interested in you. If they were, you would have heard from them. There may have been something in your profile that turned them off-whether it be your son, your job, your age-it could be anything. A thumbnail is difficult to see sometimes and many will click on it to see a better picture.

If it was me and someone viewed my profile and didn't contact me, I'd assume they weren't interested. Trying to chat with someone after they decided not to contact you, is a lost cause I think.

HR
 fun_tall
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/27/2009 8:46:30 AM
OP, don't read too much into it.........every heard of 'window shopping?'
Where does it say that if I oggle at your picture 100 times a day, I want you????
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2009 9:04:39 AM
Please do a thread search from men regarding "why don't women ever reply to my messages"

One fellow claims he messaged 40, 000 women yet only got 10 replies.
With odds like that some men don't bother any more.
 ProdigalSon81
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/27/2009 9:27:22 AM
Maybe the person thought you were interesting at first but upon reading more of your profile, realized that you weren't right for him, or he wasn't right for you.
 ml456
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/27/2009 9:32:07 AM
There could be many different possible reasons.

1. He didn't like your other photos.
2. You didn't match what he was looking for or vice versa.
3. He couldn't contact you due to your restrictions.
 JoeS71
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2009 9:40:30 AM
Um, take a stab in the "profile review" forum for some pointers on spiffing that up, might help. They can critque both profile and pictures there.

As stated, that top line doesn't show the last viewer, but someone that has viewed your profile and thier last login.
 SamsonAgonist
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2009 10:17:49 AM
I'd freak if someone IM'ed me before an email, I'd have wanted to look at their profile first. It is like starting a conversation on a subway during a power outage. I look at profiles because I want to know more, sometimes I forget and look again. I used to favourite people like bookmarking a website you came across and might was to look at in more detail but I think people read too much into favouriting too. I hope that looking at someone's profile and not contacting them doesn't necessarily they weren't interested. I think some people will be shy about making first contact or are worried people might read too much into it. Maybe a person is just trying to make up their mind, or didn't have time. I think that if someone has viewed you and you like their profile you should send them an email and tell them a bit more about yourself and ask them about themselves. The worst they can do is ignore you. There are no rules about anything much here, viewing, favouriting, what you are "looking for" etc so don't make them up!
 SamsonAgonist
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2009 10:18:56 AM
PS I often look at the profile of someone who started a thread or made a comment on one to know more about them!
 DietCoke┬«Guy
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/27/2009 10:26:02 AM
Do you talk to everyone that you have looked at during the day?
I would think that would get tiresome.
 Windsorite1
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/27/2009 10:30:59 AM
Well it might not be what you look like, it just might be your personality traits. I've looked at some people and if their personality profile doesn't match my interests I won't reply. There are some people (very few) that actually feel personality is more important then looks.

But if it comes to IM I'll always reply. Some just feel they're too good. And if I don't reply it's cause my IM isn't working

So it's not you. Most likely they're just not interested in the same stuff
 Shadow67733
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/27/2009 11:09:13 AM
They may not be attracted to you, they may not like your personality, you may be to far away for them to see the point of communication, they are just browsing...seriously, take a pick. Just bottom line it and know that if a guy is interested he will let you know by im or hopefully a nice e-mail.
 Celyste
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/27/2009 1:26:33 PM
I just wanted to say I am just like you in the regard that I hate people shooting an IM to me before I have had a chance to view thier profile. I like the courtesy of a man emailing first and then we can chat, that way I know if we would have anything to chat about, rather than Hey baby you wanna hook up? Good God!

OP do not take it personal. They may just want to wait a while before contacting you, be patient and give them the chance. Not all men like to be pursued for lots of reasons and some might just be looking for someone that shares more of thier interests. Sometimes they just like the visual aspect of things, and may not want to carry it any further..we women are guilty of that too.
 Celyste
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/27/2009 1:28:34 PM
"Be careful of the IM feature, sometimes when you open it a penis appears. If that doesn't disturb you, chat away. "

OneMoreTime, I am not sure if your kidding here or this has really happened? OMG! Either way, I love reading your posts, you have a sarcastic way with humor and tell it like it is!
 black_swan_77
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/27/2009 1:28:36 PM
We're supposed to chat with a woman because we've viewed her profile? I didn't know that.
 kiowa32
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/27/2009 2:03:02 PM
Sarcasm is tiresome when its ridiculous. Send an email first, its a little less invasive and if it gets a response an IM will find with better fortune.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why do men look at my profile, but not chat?????