Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > name this tune,its irish      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 solchica
Msg: 1
view profile
History
name this tune,its irishPage 1 of 1    
i have a c,d,of irish music with no words,only bit of chorus,which second line says you call to me, when i am far away,i think of thee, your black mountains, last few words ,im coming home---------? its a beatiful song,can anyone help thanks
 Miss Grundy
Msg: 2
name this tune,its irish
Posted: 1/27/2009 2:44:59 PM
I've just googled that line and it seems the song which it comes from is called 'Belfast', it also appears to be a loyalist anthem according to the site where I found it :

http://www.geocities.com/wrangholmdefenders/loyalson.html

BELFAST.
OF ALL THE PLACES I HAVE BEEN THERE IS ONE WHO HOLDS MY DREAM IT'S A PLACE THAT LINGERS IN MY MIND IT'S A PLACE THAT I,VE LEFT BEHIND

I,VE BEEN AWAY NOW FOR TOO MANY YEARS,I,VE READ ALL THE PAPERS THAT TELLS OF YOUR FEARS THOUGH I,VE LEFT YOU WITH A HEART THATS BEEN TORN I,M GOING HOME TO THE PLACE I WAS BORN

THATS BELFAST,YOU CALL TO ME WHEN I AM FAR AWAY I THINK OF THEE YOUR BLACK MOUNTAINS,CAVHILL,CITYHALL,SHAWSBRIDGE,RIVER LAGGAN,I,M GOING HOME TO THEM ALL,

I,VE FRIENDS AND RELATIONS EACH ONE I,LL EMBRACE WE,LL PASS ROUND THE PICTURES WHICH TIME CAN,T ERASE BUT IT WON,T BE LONG NOW TILL I SEE THEM ALL WE,LL WALK ROUND THE OLD STREETS AND GOOD TIMES I RECALL

YES THATS BELFAST YOU CALL TO ME WHEN I AM FAR AWAY I THINK OF THEE YOUR BLACK MOUNTAINS,CAVEHILL CITY HALL SHAWS BRIDGE RIVER LAGGAN I,M GOING HOME TO THEM ALL.

Sorry about the caps but that's how it printed after I copied and pasted it.
 solchica
Msg: 3
view profile
History
name this tune,its irish
Posted: 1/27/2009 5:37:11 PM
thank you so much, i never would have found it, will now look on internet,my late husband was from belfast, so the bueatiful song means more now.god bless and many thanks again,
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > name this tune,its irish