Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > RIP John Martyn      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blues49
Msg: 1
view profile
History
RIP John Martyn Page 1 of 1    
May You Never - John Martyn

May you never lay your head down without a hand to hold
May you never make your bed out in the cold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBPTuAl2Qyk&feature=related

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Thatguy67
Msg: 2
view profile
History
RIP John Martyn
Posted: 1/29/2009 1:56:39 PM
Rest In Peace....

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2009/01/29/john-martyn.html
 Art_Brute
Msg: 3
RIP John Martyn
Posted: 2/4/2009 3:19:42 PM
I'm actually a little saddened that there arent more responses to this.
Rest In Peace.
 toowild4u
Msg: 4
RIP John Martyn
Posted: 2/4/2009 5:18:45 PM
Such a sad loss, this man was and will always be VERY influential! One of first true pioneers of the Echoplex, way before Joe Walsh and others made the thing famous, and the thing is- this guy did it with an ACOUSTIC guitar! Stormbringer and Solid Air will remain his ultimate essentials to have in the collection.
 soundchaser1962
Msg: 5
view profile
History
RIP John Martyn
Posted: 8/2/2009 12:13:36 AM
Oh No! I didn't know he died. A buddy of mine that I hardly see anymore is REALLY into his music. I remember hearing HIS "Live At Leeds" album. I thought it was pretty good. One song of his that sticks with me in my head is "Bless The Weather".
 good guitar player
Msg: 6
view profile
History
RIP John Martyn
Posted: 8/2/2009 9:55:36 PM
Sad loss
John Martyn, Davey Graham and Bert Jansch. sort of the acoustic version of Beck Page and clapton from the 60's. have some tracks he did with Bert, great stuff, Martyn was a leader in a fusion of styles from asia america and europe that was pioneered by these 3 in the early 60's and was used by acid rock, metal ,fusion, art rock and spawned world music.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > RIP John Martyn