Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How to introduce yourself to someone at church?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlueEyedSoulman
Msg: 1
How to introduce yourself to someone at church?Page 1 of 1    
Okay ladies...here's an odd scenario...I occasionally go to church. I'm more spiritual than religious, but do go to church on occasion. Last Sunday I went and there was a very attractive woman sitting a few rows in front of me, clearly by herself, not wearing a wedding ring. I don't go to church w/the purpose or idea of meeting women, but I REALLY wanted to approach this woman and introduce myself after services ended. But...I didn't...because I just didn't feel comfortable doing so in that environment. Any thoughts or suggestions on how I could have tactfully done so? Or did I do the right thing by just leaving it alone?
 Racy Girl
Msg: 2
How to introduce yourself to someone at church?
Posted: 1/29/2009 3:25:59 PM
What type of church? ANd no thats not a nosey question but quite important information.
 compound_fracture
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 3:27:22 PM
My church always had post-service get-togethers in the basement where everyone stood around eating crappy biscuits and drinking weak tea...Don't most churches have those? Even if not, I can say with some certainty that almost all churches encourage their congregations to get to know their fellow members in some way. I can't imagine an easier place to approach someone, really; I say "approach" not to be confused with "lick her face and tell her you've got a high hard one for her."

Hitting on someone at church is pretty skeevy. Although, if you're Catholic, you can confess your indiscretion and work it off almost immediately. But you're golden as long as you don't come on too strong. If you want to be tricky, you can vie for a seat in the pew behind hers and hope that if you guys do the "peace be with you/and also with you" exchange, you can touch her hands...that'd probably break some of your tension with regards to talking to her after the service.

Alternatively, you can try just focusing on the readings and the prayers.
 red_relaxed
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/29/2009 3:30:09 PM
Move up a few rows, and sit right beside her next Sunday.

You'll spend a whole hour together; worshipping, singing, and all that churchy stuff and I'll bet she'd be open to going for lunch with you, if you ask her.

Hmmm...maybe I should start going to church...

Nah...

Good luck darlin'!!!
 Landra
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/29/2009 3:36:44 PM
My church has a fellowship after services, where we all retreat to the "lunch room" for coffee, cookies and chat. We'd all introduce ourselves to you.. But my church is pretty small.
The best thing to do is to..... approach the woman after services, or anyone else who might appear to know her, or appear to be an elder, etc. and strike up a conversation.
You say "Hello. My name is Randy. Wonderful service!" or
"The pastor's message really resonated with me. My name is Randy. " or
"Hello. My name is Randy. I've never been to services here but I enjoyed it very much. Are you a member?"

I'm not sure what you mean about "that environment" ??
I'm there for the loving, warm, friendly, welcoming people. If you turned up at my church, you'd have 30 members introducing themselves and inviting you for coffee.
Posted: 1/29/2009 3:45:23 PM
I think the same advice goes for any group, church, or activity that there is somebody that you could be interested in....take your time and get to know them...nothing like being friendly...I think sometimes at church, some members will leave directly without socializing so I like the idea of sitting next to her...
 I Cornelius
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 4:21:21 PM
"Do all those stories of the Romans whipping Jesus make you horny, too?"

What...? Too soon?
 Mafiachixrule
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/29/2009 4:40:06 PM
I quit altar boyz right after Catholic school. Umm~ not in this lifetime, now.

OP~ can't you just smile and be friendly? It isn't that freaking difficult.
 fun_tall
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 5:23:03 PM
Dude, this always works....trust me!

Stand behind her one fine Sunday morning and wait patiently for the part where the priest asks each one to offer a sign on peace..........WHAM! There's your chance.......shake her hand hard, look straight into her eyes and say 'You bring peace to me' and smile like its your best smile ever!

This does not fail.......touch down every time.

Now off you go and good luck OP......am watching the SUCCESS STORIES tab!
 bodypro8
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/29/2009 5:33:58 PM
"God told me to come over here and hit on you."
 brown_eyed_woman
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/29/2009 5:40:28 PM

Do all those stories of the Romans whipping Jesus make you horny, too?"

Forumhobbit
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/29/2009 5:57:16 PM
I just would simply walk up to her and say hello, I'm so and so. So what did you think of the service? Get her talking about the service and stuff and let the conversation go from there! Or.. forgive me.. I don't come here all that often but I don't recall seeing you before... are you new in the area? If she is, boy, that's a BIG open door for you to offer to show her around town!!

Good luck~!
 I got fooled, yet again
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/29/2009 6:44:59 PM
"Move up a few rows, and sit right beside her next Sunday."

When you're beside her, put your left leg across her lap, look at her lecherously, twiddle a package of condoms in your other hands, and whistle the theme song of "Deep Throat".

Don't blame me if they kick you out. For me, it always works. You see, it's in the delivery. It's not what you do, it's how you do it.
 _Icon_
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/29/2009 6:49:06 PM
Just remember, every loser in the freaking world has been to church at some point.
 Tammyledin
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/29/2009 7:01:17 PM
Don't do it during the service. I also go to church, while not being religious but spiritual. Wait until the service is over. If you have coffe outside get a cup and see if she approaches for a cup. Just start up some conversation. If not, try to leave about the same time and just walk up to her and tell her that you just wanted to welcome her and say hello. Next week, do the same, but tell her you are glad that she returned. Invite her for some coffee. If she is stand offish she is not inetested. I hope this helps
 I got fooled, yet again
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/29/2009 7:09:08 PM
Tummy ledin, if the OP uses your approach, with all due respect, he's never going to see any action. The object of his desire and adoration is obviously a gorgeous woman. She ain't going to pine away for a week because the bloke approached her with a styrofoam cup and said three words to her in two weeks. Plus, she may not come back the following week, because she might well be spiritual but not religious.

The guy has to do some more forceful Blitzkrieg here, like the Einschluss or the Eisenbahneinganger method. At least in my opinion, which has been known to falter at times.

--------------

Yeah, I've been to church too. (Responding three message up from this.) The ceremony, on one hand, is a boring, drawn-out, pointless insult to anyone's intelligence; on the other hand it's great to imagine yourself with the minister if you are a woman. For guys, there is no better place than there to catch up with one's sleep. We guys used to call the compulsory church attendence in the seminary I attended the Hangover Special.
 Ekaterina50
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/29/2009 7:11:55 PM
I don't think you're scenario is odd at all, I think it's charming that you found someone there you'd like to meet.

I've been to church and other spiritual gatherings all my life and what's worked best for me no matter who I wanted to meet was to ask the pastor/priest to introduce me. They usually know something about both of you so if you ask them they'll be honest about who the other person is and whether they're uncommitted.

I understand that you don't want to come across creepy so don't - and remember that it's almost always flattering to women that a guy asked to be introduced.

Good luck!
 The Lone Haranguer
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/29/2009 7:12:50 PM
Well, if it were me, it'd probably go a little something like this:

"Hi. I'm The Lone Haranguer." "And boy, am I in the wrong place!"
 riotfun
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/29/2009 7:38:42 PM
Next Sunday or when you are at church again, if the lady is there you should...

After the service...

Go and introduce yourself...Hello I'm Randy. Ask her how long she has been attending said church. Ask her if she is involved in any of the classes or socials. And then if she is receptive say nice to meet you (insert name) I hope to see you next Sunday. If she acts freaked out or shy, leave it at that. If she acts welcoming and kind, leave it at that.

NEXT SUNDAY...And any Sunday after that make a point to say hello (insert name).

Continue to do so until you all become more familiar. And then ask her to brunch sometime....

OR you could ask her to brunch upon introducing yourself if she seems welcoming and kind.

Pray about it...

Praise the Lord!
 serenityCW
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 8:19:04 PM
i went to an anti-racism function at a local church this past weekend and signed up the next day. for the first time, in a long while, i finally felt like i was home. being new, most people came up to me, but when not, i just smiled and went up to them, said hi, and introduced myself. in addition, i got invited to join several other organizations.

just be friendly and follow your heart. do it with everyone. if not her, someone else will manifest. like the minister said at this new church of mine, it is already in place, just wait for G-d's timing and live your life in a meaningful way. if your church does not have social events or group purpose activities, maybe you can start one. my selection is to the left of traditional. but, my girlfriend belongs to a very conservative christian church and having attended with her once, they have the same opportunities. that is what community is all about. just treat this woman with friendship and community. if she is taken, i am sure she has a friend who is not!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How to introduce yourself to someone at church?