Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > The Nicest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 1
The Nicest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You ... Page 1 of 1    
Heard this on the way to work and I figured what the heck, it can go with the upcoming warm and mushy crap with Valentine's Day approaching.

And - even better - it's "all about you" ...............

What's the nices thing anyone has ever done for you?

Me - was about 6 years ago when my fully grown kids taught me how to ride a bike. I was never allowed to have a bike when I was growing up. Raised both my kids alone so I was the one who taught them how to ride a bike when they were little even tho I'd never rode one myself - I understood the concept of it. Run beside them and then let go ..... lol. So they got mom a mountian bike and with one kid on each side taught me how to ride a bike ...... it was precious. The kids and I would bike ride every evening after that in the neighborhood - still with one on each side cause I was still wobbly - it was awesome. Until someone stole all 3 of our bikes. But ...... it was one of many wonderful things the kids have done for me.

Heard a couple of stories where a Grampa drove from Indiana to Georgia with a truck full of snow so his grandchildren could build a snowman. Another where an anonymous doner had left money for the mail carrier to get his heater fixed in his vehicle because he used his vehicle to deliver mail and had no heat. The driver passed the money onto someone else in need.

And you? What's the nicest thing anyone has done for you? Remember .... "it's all about you" ........

Have a great day POF'ers .....!

PP
 Just Some Fellow
Msg: 2
The Nicest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You ...
Posted: 2/3/2009 6:46:36 AM
I was in a car accident about three years ago. I was unemployed at the time and going through a nasty custody/access battle. I had taken the collision part of my insurance off to save money. I had moved to a small town out in the country. There was a woman I only had talked to one time when picking mail up at the local mailbox. Some how word got to her what I was going through. She came to my door and offered to sell me a Jeep she had (valued at $5,000) on just a handshake. She said I just have a feeling I can trust you.
 Shaunda Lee
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/3/2009 7:04:30 AM
I had to go off work on disability with health issues that are directly related to my stress level. My employers were so good to me... I had some unsecured debt. They bought it out with an interest free loan that I didn't have to make payments on until I returned to work. So I wouldn't be stressed about finances while I was off....
 Puddles1970
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/3/2009 1:49:38 PM
...sign the divorce paper.
 Dance in Beauty
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/3/2009 3:04:39 PM
I was on my way to work one Saturday morning, it was -35 out and I ending up getting a flat tire. I was about 20 years old and had never changed a tire in my life. A man stopped and changed my tire, he was on his way to take his kids swimming at the Y.

Yes there are gentlemen in this world.

I had more flat tires and there was always some gentleman that came to my rescue. I did finally do it myself one time, just to say I did it, when one of my girlfriends got a flat at work. The security guard was standing watch the whole time....mmmmm wonder if it had anything to do with me being in a miniskirt
 Perfect_Gentleman
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/3/2009 4:15:11 PM
Well, an acquaintance of mine once said to me "you are single, you should check out internet dating....try Plenty of Fish"

Hang on, that is the cruelest thing someone has ever done for me.
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/3/2009 4:21:04 PM
^^^ now - now PG - we're not all bad are we ?????

PP
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/3/2009 5:41:58 PM
Since there is no time limit on this i can go back to anchient times. 1968 i remember getting hampers from christmas cheer. i had a few teachers who took the time to show me how to learn and want to learn. i've had community churches take collections to help my family when the company i worked at went under and the paycheque bounced. one fellow moved all our furniture and clothing etc a 7 hour drive and took nothing in return. i have had people listen and hear me when i speak with them. some people have advised me others allowed me the priveledge of being there for them. there are so many things that people have done for me that would fit into the category of nice that it is impossible to choose just one without reducing all to the lowest common denominator.
The nicest thing anyone has ever done for me is care.
 sparxarebad
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/4/2009 3:30:55 PM
I've had a couple of good ones lately...

When driving back south from working up north my alternator died just south of Lundar. The first guy that came along drove me back to Lundar to get a new alternator, drove me back to the truck after stopping to get a tow rope. We towed my truck back to his shop, he helped me as we used his tools to change the alternator. After we were done, he offered me a beer as we talked about hunting. He offered to take me out in the Lundar area anytime I wanted to get a deer.

The other was just a few weeks ago, you know about my thing with flowers. Well quite often, I will go to Osborne Village and give flowers to the employee's of Starbuck's, MLCC and Movie Village. Well recently the ladies working at the Liquor store in the village all chipped in and gave me a bottle of wine to thank me for cheering them up. That was awesome...

juan mo oclock
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/5/2009 1:27:39 AM
others allowed me the "priveledge" of being there for them
, that is the ultimate feeling when others will let you in to assist ......................some call it giving but i will be selfish and call it recieving, that feeling of goodness by giving of ones self..............thanx dude for helping me to finally find the word that has eluded me
 Heavencalling
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/14/2011 2:39:21 PM
I've done alot of nice things for people, some I know some I don't, just strangers. It doesn't matter what I did for them, to me it is that I did it. No reason. Maybe someday they will pay it forward. I don't need any thanks, annonymus is best. To see them happy or do good because of it is priceless.
 88Steve
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2011 7:05:29 PM
Gave me head... OHHHHH!

But seriously, what I can say is what WOULD BE the nicest thing ever... would to get a watch for christmas or valentines day! It's the best gift a women can give to a man that isn't a sexual favour!
 edjoecdn
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2011 10:01:34 AM
This year 2011, schedules and circumstances saw that I would be alone ( without a turkey dinner on xmas).
I whined a bit on F/B and a friend drove all the way across town with her beau and "dropped by " with leftovers on x-mass eve...

TOTALLY unexpected and so very much appreciated.... gawd it brought a tear to my eye.

THAT was one of the most nicest, best est things someone has done for me... Thx Julie ! TURKEY and cranberry sauce ! Yum yum
 Siivi
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 8:06:12 AM
A well timed and executed f*%k is always appreciated.
 goingbonkers
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2012 12:14:03 PM
Agreed to a divorce ..........Ya Babbbbyyy!!
 IHateBarstars
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/5/2012 6:52:52 PM
I was at work for like 9 hours and had a brutal day because of the client I had to deal with was a total jerk and I had to take it with a smile. My friend who I hadn't talked to in like, six or seven months randomly texted me saying to come hangout and play darts with him and his brother because he hadn't seen me in a while cuz we both work lots. We played darts for like 6 hours because all three of us were competitive as hell, I crashed on the fouton because I had work in the morning and he lives closer to my work. In the morning at like 730am he walked to tim hortons in -25 to get us breakfast sammiches and coffee. yay!
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > The Nicest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You ...